Most expensive contract?

So, Bryan Vessey's contract came up on my TCW(Atm, we are International) game. 24 months 70,000 a month, creative control (he wouldn't sign without this darn it. I hate this thing.), house shows, travel expenses, and 10% bonus in PPV and Merch. All that and the guy was loyal to me. When I got all that I sat back and thought 'is that kinda typical for a high momentum/pop Main Eventer?' Certainly personality plays a part in what they demand but the above I definitely wasn't ready for to a degree. So I ask the TEW forum at large.

1) what was YOUR highest noncompetitive contract?

2) what was your highest COMPETITIVE bid? And did you win?

3) In your opinion should I have let Vessey walk rather than cave in to that and why?

Funny that a thread like this just popped up because I litterly just signed the biggest contract I have ever signed since I started playing TEW.

No idea sorry I cant answer that question.

Koshiro Ino for $125,000 a month, Yes against TCW.

3) In your opinion should I have let Vessey walk rather than cave in to that and why?

Yes, he's a pain in the butt to work with and handle.

Vessey is a hardass in negotiations, bear in mind, because he's... either extremely ruthless or extreme mercenary, possibly both.

1)

Rocky Golden, $50,000, 5% PPV, 10% Merch

2)

Joshua Taylor for $125,000, SWF won. (they got him on $150,000)

3)

Ehhh. Vessey's good but those demands strike me as probably a failure in overness management. Vessey DOES ask for deals over the odds, and I had very little chance to negotiate the last time I talked shop with him. He's a very, very good worker though... so 50:50.

I just paid Wolf Hawkins $100,000 for two years I think that was my biggest one. I paid Enygma a lot of money too.

I don't give creative control period. So in my opinion, I would have let him walk. I need complete creative control to realize my vision. I'd rather take a chance on an unproven talent rising up than letting an established star dictate his wins and losses. Don't get me wrong. I think Bryan Vessey is a great talent and it would suck to lose him, but if he won't play ball with creative control then fine. He can go somewhere else.

That is, unless you were going to push him to the moon, never have him lose, and be the guy your company built around for the duration of that contract. In that case, if he was just going to win all the time anyway, I'd see maybe signing that contract if I was thin on talent. I just think it's not smart to put all that stock in a guy like Vessey with his personality and steroid issues. I'd be much more likely to put that kind of contract on a guy like Hawkins, but he can be a jerk too sometimes.

In my game Bryan Vessey was gone 6 months into my run with the company after too many disciplinary situations. So he hasn't been a problem in my game haha. He's been tearign it up for SWF though so I mean I feel like I cut my nose off to spite my face. But still, I'd rather let the competition have a decent worker because they'll just misuse someone else lol. Where as I can properly use a less-established talent.

1. Signed Bruce the Giant as PGHW for one year, about $80,000. I consider it a great investment since we are global and making massive amounts of money, he's helped get some of the next generation over.

2. I had to cheat to keep minnesota away from SWF by changing Cornell to flashy. It was right before Total Mayhem, and I think I ended up paying merch and PPV bonuses on top of a $65,000 contract

3. Vessey is an elite wrestler I would do anything to keep him especially to prevent him from going to NOTBPW or SWF.

3)

Ehhh. Vessey's good but those demands strike me as probably a failure in overness management. Vessey DOES ask for deals over the odds, and I had very little chance to negotiate the last time I talked shop with him. He's a very, very good worker though... so 50:50.

Yeah, I freely admit that his contract date snuck up on me and I really didn't have the time by then to totally tank his overness without seriously damaging his willingness to talk to me, loyalty or not. So it's really my own fault in that case. As I said I got him for two years now, I just have to be careful whenever I use him in a match. I hope he's not like Bruce the Giant is when it comes to matches however. With his initial Control, I never was able to get him to agree to lose a match with someone with even equal overness/momentum than him whenever I played USPW. Here's to hoping.

Now that I think about it Bryan Vessey is one of the best workers in the game you can't let him go. In your situation, I would have probably signed him and then just pushed him.

But to my knowledge, Just because he has creative control doesn't mean he's always going to demand that he wins, right? If he goes up against someone with enough respect that he doesn't hate, he might drop a win here and there right?

Also... I didn't know you could rescind firing someone and it would keep the effect lol. Live and learn.

Archived