Asking for some advice on video editing software for dummies

bigtplaystew

I hope it's cool if I ask the greydog community for some advice.

I have Windows Movie maker that I made this with yesterday:

(warning, it's a but PG-13 but no outward profanity or anything)

It was too annoying. I had to keep adding 7 second clips until the picture/video was long enough for the 2+ minute clip. Took me way too long.

I've got some audio podcasts recorded and I'm getting into that game (just in time to compete with every talented celebrity and comedian so I'm sure I have a bright future in broadcasting!). I want to be able to use photos and put the podcast up on youtube to help promote it. But I don't want to make individual 7 second clips to cover a 30 minute podcast. That's silly.

So I'm looking for an alternate video editing software (I have Windows 7) or source where I can basically just throw a photo up and it will cover however long my audio track is.

I have NO experience with video editing software so the simpler the better. If anyone can help me out with some advice/suggestions it would be much appreciated.

There isn't a lot out there that I know of that is free, If you are editing on a PC I would reccomend checking out either Adobe Premiere Pro or the Pinnacle Studio series. I am in the television industry but I am not aware of what is out there at the moment on the PC side of things only the Mac side so those are the only ones I can actually reccomend that I have used.

If you are using a Mac and are willing to spend some money Final Cut Pro is the best I can reccomend but very expensive. Otherwise on the less expensive side of the mac side is IMovie which is pretty much like Windows Movie Maker but it is a bit better because it gives you a bit more options.

Hope that helps a bit.

Archived