1983 War To Settle The Score Mod Hype Thread

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all many thanks for the effort already put into this. Then a question - which picture pack should I get?

Use Genadi's Golden Age 1987 mod pic packs for now. I made the mod using it as the base so most of the pics are their. It just few of the wrestlers won't have one and some other things.

When I used the stock TGA picture pack I had a lot of trouble with pictures not showing up. All the workers say they have a picture attached, but the name just isn't there. All the pictures are there, but I had to set them for 90% of my roster.

Also I noted that the two stables in WWF didn't have any workers in them.

When I used the stock TGA picture pack I had a lot of trouble with pictures not showing up. All the workers say they have a picture attached, but the name just isn't there. All the pictures are there, but I had to set them for 90% of my roster.

Also I noted that the two stables in WWF didn't have any workers in them.

Yeah about that is flaw in the game. For some reason it will say all workers have pics but some workers will not have pics. Really should work figured it would considering I am using it as the base.

Stables to be honest I haven't messed with that part much. Will fix the stables any other issues?

Thank you for the feedback

Yeah about that is flaw in the game. For some reason it will say all workers have pics but some workers will not have pics. Really should work figured it would considering I am using it as the base.

Stables to be honest I haven't messed with that part much. Will fix the stables any other issues?

Thank you for the feedback

I had the same problem but went inot mass edit in the edit and set the option for "Pictures to be their name.jpg" or something like that. Ticked all the boxes and edited and the majority of them now have pictures attached to the correct people

I had the same problem but went inot mass edit in the edit and set the option for "Pictures to be their name.jpg" or something like that. Ticked all the boxes and edited and the majority of them now have pictures attached to the correct people

That's good to hear. Any problems you see so far? Workers graded to high or anything? Title lineages out of whack or anything?

well i think the male sex appeal stats are kinda out of whack, if you filter for males with at least great sex appeal you get a substantial list compared to only 1 in the C-Verse, maybe this is intentional i dunno.

Even if you dont wanna keep it the same as the C-Verse in this respect you have to admit Andre and Hogan both at 100 sex appeal is a bit silly.

well i think the male sex appeal stats are kinda out of whack, if you filter for males with at least great sex appeal you get a substantial list compared to only 1 in the C-Verse, maybe this is intentional i dunno.

Even if you dont wanna keep it the same as the C-Verse in this respect you have to admit Andre and Hogan both at 100 sex appeal is a bit silly.

I will check on that yes that silly. I am going through the workers again and I will fix that.

Oh come on, who here hasn't fantasized about Andre and Hogan going at it? :p

Now that I've made everyone throw up in their mouth a little, I will quietly move out of this thread before it gets derailed further. :D

Thanks for this! 1983 is a great era to play in (and was probably when my own personal wrestling fandom hit its peak). Downloaded the beta just now, and I'll let you know if I find any major errors.

Forgive me if I get too absorbed to comment for a while, though. I've got a feeling that I'm gonna be pretty busy strangling the WWF in its crib...

A complete picture pack with age-appropriate pictures in variety would be ideal and amazing! Aside from more accurate skills and relationships, I think we'd all like to see a more complete title lineage history. Sure, it can easily be done by us, prior to playing, but it seems vital to give the game that 100% completely real feeling. We appreciate the hard work and accuracy you have provided thus far! THANKS!

I have ran a few test games and tweaked a few things here and there. I did change the MACW/WCCW deal where WCCW is no longer the child company of MACW. I added a little bit of $$ to a few of the smaller promotions on the start in hopes they wouldn't go out of business as soon and it worked well in the latest test run. Maybe a bit too good but it's hard to find that sweet spot.

Quick overview I'm into February of 1988 and here's some snippets:

In the Company Wars the WWF is #1 but only have a prestige of 61 and momentum of 67 and only 10th richest company in game and only Cult sized. Vince McMahon recently stepped down as booker and replaced himself with Tom Renesto. The WWF World Title is currently held by Dino Bravo - prestige 70 - he has 11 defenses so far. Previous champs were Tully Blanchard, Colonel Debeers, Randy Savage, Road Warrior Hawk, Tully Blanchard, and Tony Atlas won it in the beginning from Backlund.

The WWF really, really is struggling in this run through. They don't swoop in and steal everyone right away and it keeps them from just gutting the competition.

AWA is #2 and are now International. If Verne would have done this in real life they may still be in business. They have prestige of 100 and an 89 momentum. Their World Title has 100 prestige and currently held by Ted Dibiase who just won it from Bret Hart who had 18 successful defenses. Other holders were Bob Backlund, Tito Santana, Kevin Sullivan, Ken Patera, and initially Tito Santana won the belt from Bockwinkel in January 83. Some of their star studded roster include Adrian Adonis, Backlund, Bob Orton Jr, Bret Hart, Bruiser Brody, Curt Hennig, Hulk Hogan, Larry Zbyszko, Paul Orndorff, Randy Savage, Ricky Steamboat, Ted Dibiase, Terry Gordy, and Tommy Rich.

However interesting about AWA is the fact they are currently in debt and probably about to go out of business in game. They are the 28th of 29 richest companies in the world. With over 5 million in debt I can't see how they survive. Maybe it has something to do with them going International - I don't know how that factors into the economics of the game world. Their popularity is so high I can't see why they'd be going out of business otherwise.

MACW is #3 and in the same boat as AWA except they are like 20 million in debt. They are also International. The NWA World Heavyweight Title is 100 prestige held by Playboy Buddy Rose. Bet you didn't see that one coming. He's made 5 defenses so far as he won it from Don Muraco. Other holders were Jesse Ventura, Adrian Adonis, Ric Flair, and Billy Graham won it from Flair after the start of the game. Some of their roster include: The Wild Samoans, Bobby Heenan, Greg Valentine, Jimmy Snuka, Flair, Rick Martel, and Steve Keirn. They don't have the stars you would expect.

I could update individuals as requested. I'm going to let this game run through about 1994 and kill it and see what happens.

I have seen some companies over 10 million in debt and still going after 4 years in debt, not sure what factors into going out of business though.

I to noticed that the wwf did not pick up many wrestlers which led to the other companies getting stacked with more contracts leading to deep debt.

Thank you for all the hard work to bring us an early 80's mod.

Hmm. Sorry been busy with the family. Let see trying to fix the WWF raiding people. In some saves I have noticed if you play as WWF Vince will not let you outbid anyone. I have seen this with every owner in the game though. If you play against them they will outbid you though. So it is very strange to be honest. I can't help them going in debt and if Georgia is one of the promotions going under that actually is setup by me. Trying to be real life as much as possible when it comes to them. Trying to figure away to stop Mid-Atlantic from signing everybody up.

Well just had to change one wrestler Bello Sexy who eventually becomes AAA new La Parka will not start as Bello Sexy because frankly I can't find a pic of him in that gimmick. So he will start out as his second gimmick Malingo. Probably nobody cares but I thought give the heads up, If somebody was going actually want to use him.

A complete picture pack with age-appropriate pictures in variety would be ideal and amazing! Aside from more accurate skills and relationships, I think we'd all like to see a more complete title lineage history. Sure, it can easily be done by us, prior to playing, but it seems vital to give the game that 100% completely real feeling. We appreciate the hard work and accuracy you have provided thus far! THANKS!

Working on the complete picture pack. Title lineage history pretty much complete. They are errors in the history and some wrestlers are not linked yet. I am working on that though.

Update I am working on the mod a lot just taking time. This one is changing a lot because I am noticing things like might have to work on gimmicks. Because seeing some bad penalties plus playing TGA has me wanting to team up Eaton and Lane to see if their chemistry is messed up.

Update I am working on the mod a lot just taking time. This one is changing a lot because I am noticing things like might have to work on gimmicks. Because seeing some bad penalties plus playing TGA has me wanting to team up Eaton and Lane to see if their chemistry is messed up.

chemistry is always random unless you set it in the editor

Archived