1983 War To Settle The Score Mod Hype Thread

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Title lineage is taking quite some time to update. Any idea when a complete (post-BETA) version of this mod will be available? I'm having trouble finding Misfit103's title belt pack, as well, if anyone can be kind enough to point me in that direction. My picture pack is ridiculous and some wrestlers look 40+ whilst only in their early 20's. I don't mind rearranging that myself, as there is no 100% complete picture pack available... You kind of have to make your own. I don't get why names like (mainly, specifically) Jon Moxley are missing from this game either. That dude is HUGE in the spotlight now and may forever be. Genadi has some updating to do himself. Haha... I can't wait until he gets a 1999 to 2002 game available for TEW '13. However, I am most excited to play this 1983 version. I can't even try to lie.

Title lineage is taking quite some time to update. Any idea when a complete (post-BETA) version of this mod will be available? I'm having trouble finding Misfit103's title belt pack, as well, if anyone can be kind enough to point me in that direction. My picture pack is ridiculous and some wrestlers look 40+ whilst only in their early 20's. I don't mind rearranging that myself, as there is no 100% complete picture pack available... You kind of have to make your own. I don't get why names like (mainly, specifically) Jon Moxley are missing from this game either. That dude is HUGE in the spotlight now and may forever be. Genadi has some updating to do himself. Haha... I can't wait until he gets a 1999 to 2002 game available for TEW '13. However, I am most excited to play this 1983 version. I can't even try to lie.

Well to answer your questions. No I don't have answer when the complete version will be done. Because I am busy with personal matters and slowly working on it when I get a chance. Try to find a D.O.T.T. PIC PACK to fix your problem on pictures. I am focusing on 1983 and twenty years after that. So if their new you might have to import them into the game. If I get a chance I will add him and few others.

Title history is nearly complete may I ask what titles are you trying to add? Because all the major titles are in the game.

Title history is nearly complete may I ask what titles are you trying to add? Because all the major titles are in the game.

It's just the abundance of vacancies that pop up under most title lineages. They're extremely random or overlap another title reign. Mainly the 4 vacant title runs in a row are making the least amount of sense. And there's no mass fix on it, nor does the game correct it itself.

It's just the abundance of vacancies that pop up under most title lineages. They're extremely random or overlap another title reign. Mainly the 4 vacant title runs in a row are making the least amount of sense. And there's no mass fix on it, nor does the game correct it itself.

Which title does that appear on? So I can go fix it automatically.

• 4 weeks later...
Stripping the mod down to fix issues that have been reported. Replaced the angles with the default. Redoing gimmicks, title histories, finally set on the alliance fix. Plus redid all companies making them regional it's more realistic for the time period.

I look forward to the next release. This time period is from before I was born, but I've been watching a lot of stuff from this era, so it'd be fun to play in this period more.

• 2 weeks later...
Ditto here. Started watching wrestling in Dallas in 1984, when you could get WCCW, AWA, WWF, Mid-South and Southwest Championship on free TV. D.O.T.T. is still my favorite mod. Can't wait to play this one.

I remember that as if it were yesterday. WWF at 12 PM on channel 33, and again at 9 PM(I think it was Championship Wrestling at 12, and All Star at 9), on the same channel. WCCW on Saturday nights at 10 on channel 11, and Sunday afternoons at, I want to say either 11 AM or 12 PM on channel 39. ^_^

I remember that as if it were yesterday. WWF at 12 PM on channel 33, and again at 9 PM(I think it was Championship Wrestling at 12, and All Star at 9), on the same channel. WCCW on Saturday nights at 10 on channel 11, and Sunday afternoons at, I want to say either 11 AM or 12 PM on channel 39. ^_^

Yep! World Class Championship Wrestling aired at 11 AM. I would watch the Von Erichs, then flip over to CBS just in time for the noon kickoff for that week's Cowboys game. Mid-South was on Saturday afternoons, I want to say on Channel 27 at 2 PM. AWA had a weeknight slot, something weird, like Wednesday at 7 PM.

My favorite though was Championship Sports on Channel 11, KTVT. Marc Lowrance called the action, and, I thought, had a better feel for it than Bill Mercer. Plus, I liked the 2 of 3 falls TV Main Event, which usually featured mid-card guys and gave them some time to tell a story in the ring. Then the show would always "run out of time" just as Will Rogers Coliseum main event was getting started. It was a great tease, because it let the viewer catch a few moments of what he was missing by not buying a ticket!

Yep! World Class Championship Wrestling aired at 11 AM. I would watch the Von Erichs, then flip over to CBS just in time for the noon kickoff for that week's Cowboys game. Mid-South was on Saturday afternoons, I want to say on Channel 27 at 2 PM. AWA had a weeknight slot, something weird, like Wednesday at 7 PM.

My favorite though was Championship Sports on Channel 11, KTVT. Marc Lowrance called the action, and, I thought, had a better feel for it than Bill Mercer. Plus, I liked the 2 of 3 falls TV Main Event, which usually featured mid-card guys and gave them some time to tell a story in the ring. Then the show would always "run out of time" just as Will Rogers Coliseum main event was getting started. It was a great tease, because it let the viewer catch a few moments of what he was missing by not buying a ticket!

Ah yes, the good ol' TV main event that got cut off at the very end! That wouldn't fly today! :D I do remember Mid-South being on channel 27(and I think later on, channel 21 when it became UWF before Crockett bought them out and got their timeslot). I still remember the sainted mother recording the Christmas special they aired for me. I barely remember the AWA weekday slot. I think there was a ladies wrestling show(might have been GLOW) airing on a weeknight, too.

Back to the mod, hoping for an update soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

War to Settle The Score Version 2.0 Released

Companies: 27 Active/ 59 Still to Open

Alliances:1 NWA

Alliance Members: 14

Hall of Immortals: 56

Workers: 1164 Active Wrestlers/ 1564 Wrestlers Yet to Debut

The Back story it's 1983 the Pro Wrestling landscape is changing fast with cable television and pay per views. All the wrestling companies will start off as Regional but who shall rise to become the first true National promotion in the United States. The war is coming can you prevail or will you fail in the onslaught of the War to Settle the Score.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aldg9iwvkpjeirw

http://www.mediafire.com/?7tkjc6abfjbf1ff

I'll download that skin now. Not sure why I haven't changed the skin yet. I'm still using the default even though I hate it.

I think I was holding out for a Grunge skin, but I can't remember. I'll post my thoughts at some point tonight or tomorrow. I'm really excited to get into it.

Archived