SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

Have you found success turning people who aren't all that great at the new disposition?

If memory serves me right, people like Faith, Valiant, Remo, Money, etc., don't really play the opposite disposition all that well. I think Valiant & Faith are low 70's in heel (again, from what I can remember).

I guess I'm afraid to turn anyone who doesn't at least have their levels in the 80's but, by doing so, these characters can grow rather stale & become lifeless over time.

So, have you had success in turning these kind of people?

People can learn to play a heel or a face better with practise, so while they might not be awesome at it to begin with they will get better over time. It can be hard at first sometimes for a worker playing outside of their comfort zone, but given enough time they'll get better and their grades will improve too. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People can learn to play a heel or a face better with practise, so while they might not be awesome at it to begin with they will get better over time. It can be hard at first sometimes for a worker playing outside of their comfort zone, but given enough time they'll get better and their grades will improve too. :)

I didn't know that they could progress! I thought it was fixed. That's great news!

Thank you, Derek!

So... having a go at a big company for the first time in years. And in Feb 2013 my SWF get busted down to Cult.

Faith is so far past his prime its scary. Davids and American Machine have absolutely zero chemistry. Eric Eisen has terrible chemistry with Angry Gilmore. Brandon James has terrible chemistry managed by Emma Chase.

So tempted to go back to HIW...

So... having a go at a big company for the first time in years. And in Feb 2013 my SWF get busted down to Cult.

Faith is so far past his prime its scary. Davids and American Machine have absolutely zero chemistry. Eric Eisen has terrible chemistry with Angry Gilmore. Brandon James has terrible chemistry managed by Emma Chase.

Wow that is craptastic. Have Faith move down as a gate keeper to the main event. Even with the penalty he should be able to get decent midcard grades out of Upper and regular midcarers. Have James break away from Chase tired of being a Lackey for Rogue, if you want even have him turn by walking out on Rogue allowing Valiant to beat him. Let Eisen win the belt and move Gilmore on to Rich Money who is doing nothing (Unless you;re like me and put him against Lobster Warrior) Their matches will be gold.

I was wonderng who people have signed (or dropped down from the main roster) to be trainers at RIPW? I just scooped up Fumihiro Ota but I also want to bring in a second trainer, probably a big guy (size-wise) to fill the gaps.

I have Runaway Train in RIPW as a trainer. I don't know if he's ideal but I like the thought of him in that role. Ota seems like a great option as well though.

That sucks, Bolt. They're all workable situations but sucks to have to do it. Faith is often well past his prime in most games i start with the SWF. His match grades will get hit, so I would probably use him as a tag guy to develop the psychology of younger workers. EE and Gilmore's feud is kinda dead in the water, but you can use a 3 or 4 way match to end it. Cheap but works. James is capable of standing on his own regarding Entertainment, and you can keep them together by still having her be his mouthpiece in angles if you want.

Might be easiest to turn Chemistry off and use it as a sandbox game.

I have a tendency to set a few neutral chemistries when I start a new game. Stuff that I know will turn out to be a game-killer for me if they have bad chemistry.

I was wonderng who people have signed (or dropped down from the main roster) to be trainers at RIPW? I just scooped up Fumihiro Ota but I also want to bring in a second trainer, probably a big guy (size-wise) to fill the gaps.

There are only so many really strong workers who are going to go willingly. Steve Flash being the most obvious. JD Morgan, though he's a physical wreck. Bob Casey, though he lacks Psychology, has most of the rest of what you would look for. Clark Alexander maybe.

Look at guys (and gals) who are strong road agents, as they will help. Ed Monton, Eric Tyler (actually a color commentator, I thknk), Cripper Ray Kingman, etc.

Once you hit Internation, there are a few you can snag from Japan (Elemental, Thunder Hike) and maybe a few from Mexico who aren't active in the US.

I have Runaway Train in RIPW as a trainer. I don't know if he's ideal but I like the thought of him in that role. Ota seems like a great option as well though.

There are only so many really strong workers who are going to go willingly. Steve Flash being the most obvious. JD Morgan, though he's a physical wreck. Bob Casey, though he lacks Psychology, has most of the rest of what you would look for. Clark Alexander maybe.

Look at guys (and gals) who are strong road agents, as they will help. Ed Monton, Eric Tyler (actually a color commentator, I thknk), Cripper Ray Kingman, etc.

Once you hit Internation, there are a few you can snag from Japan (Elemental, Thunder Hike) and maybe a few from Mexico who aren't active in the US.

Great, thanks so much for the suggestions. Flash for some reason completely escaped me but I have at least looked into most of the others (aside from Eric Tyler). Runaway Train is another good suggestion as like I said Ota is going to have a lot of areas covered already. Thanks again!

I've heard varying opinions on how much having strong trainers in a developmental company really helps. Or how many you need. But there really isn't much downside to having them there. There is the cost but that's hardly a barrier for Supreme. And if they have a negative personality and take a youngster as a mentor, there can be a negative there. But otherwise...?

There are a few guys on the SWF roster who could do well, but they still have quite a bit of value as wrestlers. There are a few guys in TCW, USPW, CGC, and NOTBPW who are good veterans and who would not necessarily have significant value to Supreme. They are worth targeting.

In the game I'm playing, Jack Bruce was made a trainer for SWF around July or August of the first year.

Wow that seems like an extreme waste of POP, unless he had been putting others over. Although, it does sort of raise an idea that if you have to keep a top star off camera like for a gimmick change maybe they could go down to developmental to do a training stint during that time.

With my lineup currently at 54 active wrestlers (as of late April), would it be wise to negotiate for a second A-show (or a second B-show) in May? I have Supreme TV at 120 minutes and B-show Uprising at 90 minutes, and I'm considering asking for one or both, something like Smackdown and NXT in the WWE, if Supreme TV and Uprising are my Raw and Superstars respectively.

Personally, I wouldn't, PG. 2013 gives you more flex in that regard as you have a great deal more dark time to work with. And having a 2nd A show before your roster can handle it is pretty problematic.

Its not the numbers of workers I would look at, but the overness. If I had to guess, you probably aren't dealing with a glut of workers with B or better popularity. Rather, you have a ton of guys in the D- through C range. Putting a ton of those guys on TV in angles and matches is not going to generate the best show grades. Hence why getting a second A show to showcase more of them can actually be harmful.

A second B show isn't harmful. But its also not usually doable. I've never seen a network allow you to have two B shows, and since you can only get a B show on a network where you already have an A, its kinda limiting. You can work around it by getting an A show and switching it, which some networks will allow, but you never used to be able to switch it back and that meant you couldn't renew the show once its contract was up.

With my lineup currently at 54 active wrestlers (as of late April), would it be wise to negotiate for a second A-show (or a second B-show) in May? I have Supreme TV at 120 minutes and B-show Uprising at 90 minutes, and I'm considering asking for one or both, something like Smackdown and NXT in the WWE, if Supreme TV and Uprising are my Raw and Superstars respectively.

Don't do it. I did it an regretted it and ended up with Supreme TV ratings taking a hit.

In the end i changed it to Supreme TV and Uprising is a B show, which is suiting me as i usually have 3 matches and 4 angles, two of which are Ana Garcia running through the latest happenings on Supreme TV. This keeps the top storyline ticking over with B thru A momentum.

In other news my game has really hit its stride. Gilmore won the title at Supreme Challenge and has been on a brilliant run.

Also TCW are struggling big time and i have taken advantage of them falling by snapping up Rocky Golden (on a massive but slow burning win streak) and Wolf Hawkins (yet to Debut). I have also now signed Nicky Champion who beat Eisen on debut for the NA title. I essentially have all the workers i would want apart from Champagne Lover.

Only two issues is what to do with Hawkins and how to get over the line to International rather than National.

I got to International after two B+ shows, then put on a B+ PPV. I need to make more hirings now, but most of the guys on the "hidden gems" list won't sign with me because I'm too risque. I don't want to change the product. Who (preferably from outside the US) is a good fit for SWF and will sign?

Also, should I steal Joey Minnesota from TCW? I'm only a month into the game.

I got to International after two B+ shows, then put on a B+ PPV. I need to make more hirings now, but most of the guys on the "hidden gems" list won't sign with me because I'm too risque. I don't want to change the product. Who (preferably from outside the US) is a good fit for SWF and will sign?

Also, should I steal Joey Minnesota from TCW? I'm only a month into the game.

If Joey Minnesota is up for grabs, definitely steal him.

Personally, I always lower the risque to medium at the start of any SWF game, as the high risque really hinders the product. However, I think that there are several pretty good workers who will sign with a risque promotion...

Um... Edward Cornell. That's the only foreign worker I can think of at the moment - though that's probably because I don't often work out of the states. Will El Mistico Jr. sign with a risque promotion? I signed him with the SWF before, and he turned into a really good wrestler. Has a lot of potential for greatness.

Thanks!

Yeah, this game is going well. As for El Mitico, I have nothing for him to do on my main roster and he won't sign a development deal... We'll see. Maybe I could bring him in to team with someone as a low-level babyface tag team for now? Though I have long-term plans for the division, so that might not work.

Started a new SWF game today, and the first thing I did was fire the Eisens. All three of them. I suppose I'll find out soon enough if it was a mistake to get rid of Eric, but I really just had no interest in pushing him, let alone dealing with him backstage. I also fired Marc DuBois, but it seems like that's not as crazy of a move.

Christian Faith was obviously furious (So I fired your best friend from the company he created. Get over it already! :D), so I gave him $30,000 in bonus money and a month or two off. I'm going to have him return as an ally to my newest signing, Rocky Golden, and slowly work him out of the main event over the next year or so. Maybe have one of them turn on the other at some point.

Anyway, this leads to some problems with the Struggle for Supremacy storyline. It won't be hard to write Faith out of it, but I'm not sure where to go from there. I don't like the idea of Remo and Vengeance teaming up, though I may have them work together briefly to get Faith out of the picture.

Where do you guys tend to go with that one? I was a wrestling fanatic during the attitude era, but haven't watched in so long that I'm struggling to come up with any ideas that grab me.

Totally just made Marc DuBois a neutral personality backstage! He failed a drug test, I gave him a 'Last Chance' but then when he failed it again, I gave him the 'Fatherly Approach'...and now he is neutral. Just waiting for BSS to screw up (again) so I can cut him loose and turn Laramee into a solid midcarder.

Thanks for the replies! :D Now if I have a brand split, would it still be a bad idea to have two A-shows?

Yes, still a bad idea. As I mentioned, its not about the size of the roster or even whether its split. Its about having enough popular stars to make it work. If each brand would only have a handful of upper card workers (B- or above), then its going to be tough to pull strong grades. Relying on a glut of midcarders and lower carders (C+ or below) makes B- show grades more likely and each one of those hurts your US popularity. Its a good way to end up at Cult.

I did a brand split with the entire roster only a few months in and it was an unmitigated disaster. You do not have enough Main Event guys with high enough overness to split them into two groups. Your show ratings are going to die a horrible, painful death. You eed to focus on building your guys so you have at least 8 over mid 80s pop preferably low 90s before you think about a brand split with two shows. Once you can have 4 high pop main eventers on each show you can probably make do. But untill then I wouldn't recommend it.

I did a brand split with the entire roster only a few months in and it was an unmitigated disaster. You do not have enough Main Event guys with high enough overness to split them into two groups. Your show ratings are going to die a horrible, painful death. You eed to focus on building your guys so you have at least 8 over mid 80s pop preferably low 90s before you think about a brand split with two shows. Once you can have 4 high pop main eventers on each show you can probably make do. But untill then I wouldn't recommend it.

Very much agree. Very good chance you do more harm than good if you jump into a brand split with two A shows quite quickly. Its something that should be done when you are top heavy on the roster, with a lot of main event level stars. Have 5-6 workers in the A or better overness range and another 5-6 in the B to B+ range makes such a move relatively necessary and relatively workable. In past versions, when you have that kind of top of the card, getting strong show grades starts to become really really easy, and I expect 2013 is no different.

Archived