Right now Findlay O'Farraday and Roy Edison are the only two workers with a popularity of D in the Tri-state area. Is there a way to search for workers by popularity?

If I can't find a likely candidate I'm thinking at the next event I'll have a handicap match between Findlay O'Farraday/Edison vs Bulldozer smith.

yes, on the window that shows all the workers, , yuo can set the filters to look for someone with various levels of popularity in any region, from any, unknown, regional level ( which is what you probably want) recognizable( may be able to sign someone here as well) etc

• 6 months later...

So what do people think about running an NYCW game where you sign a load of new wrestlers.

Is it in keeping with the promotion to sign the following guys:

Matt Keith, Greg Gauge, Findlay O'F, Cam Vessey, MC Glenn, DW Newton, Jacob Jett and American Elemental.

I've got rid of Yukon Boys, Masked Mauler, Black Hat, Whistler and Flash, but I'm concerned that the roster is now young and dynamic and not in keeping with the history of NYCW, even though the ratings are good.

Any thoughts?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TCP1" data-cite="TCP1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34947" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So what do people think about running an NYCW game where you sign a load of new wrestlers.<p> </p><p> Is it in keeping with the promotion to sign the following guys:</p><p> </p><p> Matt Keith, Greg Gauge, Findlay O'F, Cam Vessey, MC Glenn, DW Newton, Jacob Jett and American Elemental.</p><p> </p><p> I've got rid of Yukon Boys, Masked Mauler, Black Hat, Whistler and Flash, but I'm concerned that the roster is now young and dynamic and not in keeping with the history of NYCW, even though the ratings are good. </p><p> </p><p> Any thoughts?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never mind getting rid of the Yukon boys, but I find it hard to ever outright fire the others because they have a history with the company and I tend to just let them wind down their career putting over other guys. It could be more that I am just a fan of Mauler, Bailey, Whistler and Flash so I kinda take pity and keep them around until retirement. Even then I tend to keep Flash as a Road Agent. I suppose the way I see it in my mind if it is going with Old School Wrestling then it should probably have some old school talents.</p><p> </p><p> Only ones that might seem mildy out of place of all the new signings would be AE and Jett I would think, but I am a fan of always getting one or two names that might not fit the mold of the company I am playing. It might be hard to keep Jett anyways because CGC usually signs him early on in most games I have seen.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TCP1" data-cite="TCP1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34947" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So what do people think about running an NYCW game where you sign a load of new wrestlers.<p> </p><p> Is it in keeping with the promotion to sign the following guys:</p><p> </p><p> Matt Keith, Greg Gauge, Findlay O'F, Cam Vessey, MC Glenn, DW Newton, Jacob Jett and American Elemental.</p><p> </p><p> I've got rid of Yukon Boys, Masked Mauler, Black Hat, Whistler and Flash, but I'm concerned that the roster is now young and dynamic and not in keeping with the history of NYCW, even though the ratings are good. </p><p> </p><p> Any thoughts?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I signed one of the Keith's (can't remember, I think it was Greg) and Vessey. But I also signed Kirk Jameson, Thomas Morgan, Kid Toma, Ernest Youngman, Jake Idol (CZCW let him go), Kip Keenan. They came in over time. I let half of The Boys From the Yukon go (Vessey resigned Whitehorse... ugh) and let Borne's contract retire. I let Whistler go when his contract expired because he was terrible in the ring, but it was a mistake he still had other uses. Also, I lost Sammy and Roger to the big boys. </p><p> </p><p> You really have to sign youth because the main event is so old. They can't even wrestle long enough to be paired up against other main eventers. By the time he retired in my game, Black Hat was getting tired in 8 minute matches. I let Black Hat and Frank retire, I was using Flash as my user, he would have eventually became a road agent. With much sadness, I let Mauler and Sanders go when their contracts expired, they were having stamina issues and were in decline. A lot of the top guys in NYCW have major issues due to age that have to be fixed quickly. I made pretty drastic changes, but most of those guys are really solid wrestlers so it fit in with the old school feel.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TCP1" data-cite="TCP1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34947" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So with that in mind, who would you have Cage drop the strap to immediately, seeing as he gets scooped up early on by SWF? I normally go Matthew Keith because of his crazy talent, but not sure?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had Cage drop the title to Frank. He was more popular that Gauge at the time. After a few defenses, he dropped it to Bulldozer who has kept the title ever since.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TCP1" data-cite="TCP1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34947" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So with that in mind, who would you have Cage drop the strap to immediately, seeing as he gets scooped up early on by SWF? I normally go Matthew Keith because of his crazy talent, but not sure?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I must have been lucky, Cage stayed with me for a good two years at the start. He was champion throughout and helped the main event scene grow to acceptable levels early on. </p><p> </p><p> Glad to see a thread on this promotion. I was new to TEW when I bought 2013, but I was instantly attracted to taking over NYCW. Not sure why. </p><p> </p><p> Working for Larry is a pain, and I jumped at the chance to take over the entire promotion a few years back. I fired him, and now we have a poor relationship. But the man is a negative influence backstage, and a worse road agent than Flash.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
I have been having a great time with my NYCW game. Shooter Sean Deeley is my user character and has been great, but Greg Black has been just tremendous unseating Deeley as champ and regularly putting up c+ to b main events. I am about 6 months in and my shows range from c+ to b-. Black is a must sign in my opinion.

Archived