Roster fix advice

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="suburbanhell" data-cite="suburbanhell" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35138" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, I've done the dark matches, but oh boy does the crowd still hate them.<p> </p><p> </p><p> Also "The crowd were totally turned off by having a match between jobbers on the show." -- what is the point of ET & Openers if they are always negatives int he report?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You need to make sure they're not facing each other - get at least one lower midcarder or above in there.</p>

<p>With the vocal crowd thing, the only thing you can do in a smaller promotion if you want to keep them around is book them in matches with workers with great psychology or basics.</p><p> </p><p>

Put them in tag matches or three ways with great workers (basics and psychology) so you're hiding their flaws.</p><p> </p><p>

Over time their skills will rise and you won't get this warning, but it does take time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hurricanendp" data-cite="hurricanendp" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35138" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i found the limited ringtime road agent note helps a little with the crowd's repetition of the notice, but it does hamper the increase in skills</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> how about the protect road agent note? does it slow down their skill increases?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CptHowdy" data-cite="CptHowdy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35138" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>how about the protect road agent note? does it slow down their skill increases?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> tbh i've never checked this, i wouldn't have thought so however, that doesn't limit their in ring time at all, so they'd still be learning from the other workers involved.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="suburbanhell" data-cite="suburbanhell" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35138" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, I've done the dark matches, but oh boy does the crowd still hate them.<p> </p><p> </p><p> Also "The crowd were totally turned off by having a match between jobbers on the show." -- what is the point of ET & Openers if they are always negatives int he report?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Burbs, it's like this. If you have a wrestling promotion, no matter what your product, people will expect the performers will be able to wrestle. If they're botching (or almost botching) simple things like irish whips or leap frogs or the like, people are going to notice. Even BSC's crowd reacted to the girls who truly couldn't wrestle (like Sister Beth Mercy).</p><p> </p><p> About the second part, enhancement talents and openers' primary role is putting other people over. Thus, no one cares to see them fight each other. They are not always negatives in the dirt sheet. They're just that way if you have them fight each other. If you're familiar with the 'E, for months, Ryback tore through enhancement talents and openers, sometimes 2 at a time. Before him, Umaga did the same thing until they fed him Flair (someone the fans cared about and/or knew and thus, the fans would care about Umaga if he destroyed Flair). That's how it works when building an unknown worker. You feed them a steady diet of "jobbers" (ETs and Openers) until such time as you decide to feed them a midcarder as they work their way up the card.</p><p> </p><p> ETs and Openers are extremely useful, especially if you have an entertainment focused product. But they're not really useful against each other. I'll give you an example of how I use mine. I tend to always have a low level tag title that I use to develop those workers. With the expanded preshow time, I put on an hour's worth of matches and angles that feature my lower midcarders and below. One thing you can do is pair a lower midcarder with an enhancement talent or opener (opener's best). You don't get that note then, because you have at least one person in the match that the fans care about (if only a little). My ETs and openers sometimes get the 'negative crowd reaction' note as well but that's okay. They're usually that far down the card because they need their skills developed. In lieu of having a dev promotion, I develop them myself.</p>

Archived