Modern Warriors 13 (Real World Mod)

Here it is.

The last 24 hours have been a bit trying, and they remind me why I try to avoid making public deadlines for myself. That said, here is Modern Warriors 13. I had very little chance to test it and I know it's buggy, but I am confident you all will point those errors out here. :)

The major change to this version is the addition of Jipper's body pack. I'm pumped to be working with him, and he's been very patient with my tendency to not respond to messages for a week or two. His cuts look awesome and have the same background and border to match the head shots I use. Be sure to thank him here and/or in his thread.

Another big change has been clearing out a lot of older fighters. I culled over fifty retired/likely retired fighters which should add to the realism. Strikeforce is gone, and I've gotten rid of some other stagnant orgs like Shark Fights as well. This is a fairly interesting climate to start a mod in; Rampage and a few Strikeforce remants are free agents, Eddie Alvarez's contract issues, and Bellator's move to Spike all come to mind.

Going forward, the first task will be to update fighter records. The major players are accurate, but the rest are out of date. I also will be adding the TUF 17 guys that aren't already in there to the next release. Other than that it's just a matter of tweaking fighters as they grow. Enjoy.

Active fighters: 2724

active companies: 23

Full Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?d50avo3t4ax3cnd

Mirror 1: http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/387920/Modern-Warriors-13-7z.html

Mirror 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vh66m1

I will add some mirrors and a database only download soon.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andy Ogle should also be signed to the UFC. Stanislav Nedkov should be able to fight at welterweight. Liz Carmouche needs an increased reputation for the commission to allow a Rousey fight.

Nedkov has never fought at welterweight and will probably be a good sized middleweight? Other two are fixed.

Now Chael Sonnen announced he was retiring after his next fight right before the Jones/Sonnen fight. I didn't wanna risk Sonnen retiring with the belt so he's been replaced last minute by Machida, who is coming off a win over Henderson. Mousasi knocked out Gustafsson in a come from behind win so he's on the horizon for the winner of that plus I have a Shogun/Glover fight coming up as well.

Awesome to see an update, thank you so much!

I noticed a bunch of UFC fighters not being set to the weight class their next fights are going to be at:

- Stanislav Nedkov should be at middleweight

- Robbie Lawler, Jorge Santiago, Patrick Cote and Court McGee should all be at welterweight

- Isaac Vallie-Flagg should be at lightweight

As someone already pointed out, Andy Ogle has a UFC fight scheduled, so he should have a contract (which he currently doesn't).

With some of the Strikeforce guys like OSP, Feijao and others I'm not entirely sure what their contractual status is, but I'm sure you're keeping a close eye on that sort of thing, anyway.

Also, outside of the big leagues, there may also be some weight class issues. The one I'm most sure about is Anthony Johnson who's at 185 in the mod, but his last fight was at 205 and he's stated that he'd like to stay at that weight. I'm not quite as sure with Marloes Coenen, for example, but I do believe she's fighting at or around 135 now (whereas in the mod she's set to 145).

Oh, and one more thing - fighter popularity in Canada seems completely out of whack to me. I don't really think there should be all that much difference between most higher level fighter's pop in Canada and the US. The way it is right now, for example, GSP/Diaz is a prelim level match because Diaz has waaaaay too little popularity in the Great White North. Similar issues obviously hold true for popularity in other regions, but I think it's most glaring in Canada because in reality, I simply don't see much of a difference between American and Canadian markets in terms of the UFC's popularity and most of their fighter's popularity. Quite frankly, I don't think Canada and the US should be separate markets in GDS games at all, but that's a whole different discussion... And, obviously, I'm aware that you've pointed out before that popularity in general is a work in progress and I completely understand. It's amazing the mod is as complete and accurate as it is, anyway.

Keep up the great work!

I'm not quite as sure with Marloes Coenen, for example, but I do believe she's fighting at or around 135 now (whereas in the mod she's set to 145).

Coenen is back at 145, her last two fights were at that weight. A bunch of the Invicta girls do need weight changes, though.

Maria Hougaard Nielsen is set as Male in the game

Oh, and one more thing - fighter popularity in Canada seems completely out of whack to me. I don't really think there should be all that much difference between most higher level fighter's pop in Canada and the US. The way it is right now, for example, GSP/Diaz is a prelim level match because Diaz has waaaaay too little popularity in the Great White North. Similar issues obviously hold true for popularity in other regions, but I think it's most glaring in Canada because in reality, I simply don't see much of a difference between American and Canadian markets in terms of the UFC's popularity and most of their fighter's popularity. Quite frankly, I don't think Canada and the US should be separate markets in GDS games at all, but that's a whole different discussion... And, obviously, I'm aware that you've pointed out before that popularity in general is a work in progress and I completely understand. It's amazing the mod is as complete and accurate as it is, anyway.

Especially since Dana White calls Canada the UFC's best market. We have very knowledgeable and passionate MMA fans in Canada. Trust me, everyone here who is even only a casual MMA fan knows who Nick Diaz is.

Archived