Modern Warriors 13 (Real World Mod)

- Stanislav Nedkov should be at middleweight

- Robbie Lawler, Jorge Santiago, Patrick Cote and Court McGee should all be at welterweight

- Isaac Vallie-Flagg should be at lightweight

As someone already pointed out, Andy Ogle has a UFC fight scheduled, so he should have a contract (which he currently doesn't).

In addition to these, Andy Ogle and Mizuto Hirota should be at Featherweight and Mike Ricci should be at Lightweight

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In addition to these, Andy Ogle and Mizuto Hirota should be at Featherweight and Mike Ricci should be at Lightweight

Unless that's something I messed up, Ricci is also not signed to the UFC but should be. Same for Rony Jason. On the other hand, Dustin Neace should definitely not be signed to the UFC (seeing that he lost on a Bellator undercard not that long ago) and there's at least half a dozen more fighters I thought weren't under contract anymore, but unfortunately I didn't write them down.

Something else I noticed is that a) the Franklin/Le card is dated 2008 in the fight histories and b) the results of that particular event don't seem to be reflected in fighter's records (e.g. Franklin's record should be 29-7 but is 29-6) and their current situation (Franklin should be coming off a loss but isn't).

EDIT: The facebook fights actually are reflected in the fighter's records - it's just the main card that's not.

And unless I'm mistaken, you did reflect the results of the first (and I believe the second as well) Bellator show on Spike, but not the last couple of events on MTV2 (Rich Hale is missing a win and the subsequent loss, for example).

By the way, I was going to complain about Maia's wrestling being rated too highly a couple of days ago, but as I (and Jon Fitch) learned last night, you were spot on. Kudos :cool:

Just a quick observation. Aleksander Emelianenko has also retired.

MMA retirements are (not unlike pro wrestling retirements) always to be viewed with suspicion, so I don't mind some technically retired guys still being available all that much. But just for the record, Mike Thomas Brown and Sean Sherk are retired as well.

MMA retirements are (not unlike pro wrestling retirements) always to be viewed with suspicion, so I don't mind some technically retired guys still being available all that much. But just for the record, Mike Thomas Brown and Sean Sherk are retired as well.

Yeah, I totally agree, but it's always nice to know these things so you have the option of omitting fighters should you wish.

TPF should be closed, as should Bitetti Combat (runs few enough shows it might as well be considered one of the "local" shows). RFA and WSOF should be added. KOTC should probably be slightly lower popularity, as should M-1 in the US (as it is, M-1 is in the running for nearly every high profile free agent).

A couple of fighter records I seen need to be altered due to drug suspension.Rafael Cavalcante 11-3-0-1 nothing specific,Thiago Silva 14-3-0-2 nothing specific,Jake Sheilds 27-6-1-1 nothing specific.Due to those Stanislav Nedkov 12-0-0-1 nothing specific and Ed Herman 20-9-0-1 coming of a loss.I was actually suprised to see Joey Beltrans last fight wasn't overturned.Also Jorge Masvidal should be 23-7 coming of a victory plus he needs a UFC contract.

Sherk said in January he wants to fight this spring. Likewise Brown talked retirement this summer but then signed a 5 fight contract. I take a pretty liberal view of retirements because fights "unretire" so frequently, so I'll leave these guys in for now. If they don't fight soon I'll probably change my mind though.

TPF should be closed, as should Bitetti Combat (runs few enough shows it might as well be considered one of the "local" shows). RFA and WSOF should be added. KOTC should probably be slightly lower popularity, as should M-1 in the US (as it is, M-1 is in the running for nearly every high profile free agent).

TPF is coming out. WSOF will probably make it in soon with their new tv deal, but right now they barely have a roster. I don't anticipate RFA coming in even with the tv deal, they're basically local shows but who knows. Bitetti just had a show in December and is the second biggest promotion in Brazil; plus it's nice to have more promotions in Brazil for the sake of gameplay, so they're staying in.

TPF is coming out. WSOF will probably make it in soon with their new tv deal, but right now they barely have a roster. I don't anticipate RFA coming in even with the tv deal, they're basically local shows but who knows. Bitetti just had a show in December and is the second biggest promotion in Brazil; plus it's nice to have more promotions in Brazil for the sake of gameplay, so they're staying in.

RFA has a pretty healthy roster of UFC and Bellator vets along with some decent prospects and every card has had at least one noteworthy fight so far. They're far less of a local show than ROC or KOTC (which really is just a bunch of local shows at this point).

I see your point about Bitetti adding gameplay, but if we're on that topic, I think adding CWFC for the UK would be nice too. Adds more depth and they actually have been putting on some really quality shows.

I won't weigh-in on who should be in or who should be out but I do think that companies like KOTC should be National level shows. If you set them as regional they're only able to promote in the area they're based. Since KOTC promotes in various states in the US they should be National. Promotions like ROC which only promotes where they are based should be regional like they are.

Good point. For what it's worth, my solution to that problem (since I don't feel right making KOTC a National level promotion) is usually just to delete them. When I see the unnamed American Local Shows I simply think of them as KOTC shows.

Maybe in future versions of the game it will be possible to apply a 'brand' to the local shows in each region, but that's how I handle it for now.

TPF is coming out. WSOF will probably make it in soon with their new tv deal, but right now they barely have a roster.

Have you checked the WSOF website? They have 50+ fighters signed (majority are in the mod already), they just haven't booked them for fights yet.

I was actually suprised to see Joey Beltrans last fight wasn't overturned.

It actually was overturned, if you check Beltran's UFC profile (http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Joey-Beltran) you will see he still has the win on his fight history, but his record has been changed to reflect the no contest.

Also Ratner confirms it in this article, http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Joey-Beltran-Rousimar-Palhares-Suspended-9-Months-for-Failed-UFC-on-FX-6-Drug-Tests-48941

Just a small tidbit, but Bellator FC should be Bellator MMA now. And alot of guys aren't signed to the UFC like Masvidal, St. Preux and others. Also Dustin Kimura's ground and submissions should change, as he tapped out Chico in their last fight, as well as Bigfoot just tweak a little bit. I ran the fight with Overeem countless times and somehow like 3 out of 10 times Bigfoot won. Yancy Medeiros should be Lightweight, and Clay Guida should be featherweight. And just for nostalgia kicks have the Stikeforce Lightweight Title since in the UFC on Fox poster Gilbert is holding the SF title

I am currently in the progress of updating the UFC roster which aside from the ones already mentioned within this thread has a few errors in weight classes and missing fighters. I have no idea how to upload it but would be willing to share it if anyone would like it.

I have not included the cuts made at events that haven't occured in the mod (i.e Jon Fitch) and the only fighter missing is Conor McGregor as he isn't on the mod

RFA has a pretty healthy roster of UFC and Bellator vets along with some decent prospects and every card has had at least one noteworthy fight so far. They're far less of a local show than ROC or KOTC (which really is just a bunch of local shows at this point).

I see your point about Bitetti adding gameplay, but if we're on that topic, I think adding CWFC for the UK would be nice too. Adds more depth and they actually have been putting on some really quality shows.

CWFC has been on my radar for a while now, they may get in eventually.

Just a small tidbit, but Bellator FC should be Bellator MMA now. And alot of guys aren't signed to the UFC like Masvidal, St. Preux and others. Also Dustin Kimura's ground and submissions should change, as he tapped out Chico in their last fight, as well as Bigfoot just tweak a little bit. I ran the fight with Overeem countless times and somehow like 3 out of 10 times Bigfoot won. Yancy Medeiros should be Lightweight, and Clay Guida should be featherweight. And just for nostalgia kicks have the Stikeforce Lightweight Title since in the UFC on Fox poster Gilbert is holding the SF title

Will look at these. Thanks.

I'm working on a small update. It's mostly cleaning up errors and updating the face picpack, but I've also removed TPF and will be playing with the rankings some. Still have more cleaning to do including a complete update to fighter records. After that I'm going to review the promotions in the game to see who comes in/out and give the UFC stats a once over. I'm also waiting for Jipper's upcoming body pack update. (no pressure, brosef.)

• 3 weeks later...

Did you do each individual fighter in this mod? Did you use the template's and adjust based on your knowledge of the fighters after using the template. I have to say I have been spending a lot of time looking through the database, and it's freaking amazing work.

Any chance of adding World Series of Fighting to the mod?

Archived