building overness

Your lower guys will gain overness simply by being involved. They can lose their way to about the lower mid card/Midcard then have then start picking up wins from those below them and around the same level until you want to pull the trigger with them.

I find an upper mid who I think has had his run for the time being and have him go into a program with said mid carder with the mid carder coming out on top, couple of wins here and there should see him rise. Them its a similar sort of thing to get to the main event.

I have to say with '13 I am struggling to get my main even get more over than what they already are. In my current game I am regional and steadily rising but my main eventers haven't moved up from D+ pop in ages even after putting on a good series of C - C+ matches. I think it's just patience at that point.

The general rule is that if someone had a match rated 10 higher than their overness, they should gain a bit. This does has factors in it though like the road agent notes, momentum, gimmick, motivation etc.

Anyway hope that helps some

Just to give a good Real Life example. Look at Dolph Ziggler. He has been in the main event picture for over a year now and he loses almost every match. But he is still getting over. Works the same way in TEW.

Bad example. Once you're a main eventer, you begin to lose overness when you lose, unless you are booked to be kept strong. As Fox said, workers can lose their way up to the midcard or so, then losing is usually only detrimental to their progress.

In fact, I wouldn't use anything from today's WWE as an example of what to do in TEW. This is more of an example of what not to do.

I asked something similar in the SQ thread. It used to be a case of 4 minutes would increase skill, 6 minutes would increase overness in angles (though that could be the other way round).

In '13 however, a worker can gain overness and skill in an angle as long as it is over 4 minutes. As with matches, many things effect this such as gimmick, momentum etc. you may find in smaller promotions little to no increase in overness in angles as momentum is harder to build up.

For me, angles are used purely to move along storylines, to break up matches, help momentum and to increase entertainment skill. I don't use them for overness increases due to a) my reasoning above and b) I turn gimmick effects off as I don't really favour them. If a worker does gain any overness from an angle then I see it as a cheeky bonus.

As far as I'm aware though if used properly and if the above factors are right, then they can be a pretty powerful tool.

• 3 years later...

Ok heres a breakdown. part 1

You can take a person from 0 to 50 overness in under 3mths.

It may be cheating the system but it saves on bookkeeping. Go to editor go to your tv show and put the range everywhere. The size of the range can be anything. As it will be based on the network size in the end. Change the network size as you go. If you are a local company then you need to be a tiny to very small network. Small can be small. Cult is med to big depending how you about your show ratings. Ok now you got that done. Follow the samething for ppv. Remember to put the requirements down to match your federation. Now that is done. The more ppv contracts you have the better it will go for you. Of course if you are watching your money then you might not want to have alot of them. Now on to your roster (I thinking you have a empty roster). Go to free agency. you need a ref. Look to the young first for refs. The younger the better. You can have 17 year old ref with 50 stat and after 6mths. The person will be close to 100. Maturity factor is amazing for young people. You only need one ref. Now do the same with announcer. Unless you want to say money and your guy do it. Your colour guy can be anybody with mic skills. I suggest young again. Now you need a road agent. Respect will cost you alot and you don't need it. As it only helps you backstage there is many ways of helping your backstage. So just look for any worker with 70 basics and 70 psychology. There is your road agent. I suggest performance over pop anyday. As you can build people better in that type of product.

part 2

depending on your product.

sign the people you want to push for any reason that is your choice (look for people with no losses). look under the personal to see if they have any relationships or teams. Heres how you find your perfect backstage and tag teams. Ok now you have your roster except one thing. Go back to free agency and sign people with overness. The deal is up to you as they are just jobbers. You can skip this step but you are adding a extra month onto the time frame. Ok now time for your show. First 3 matches of your card can be total pile of anything. So here is where you get your no overness people over then slowly move them up the card. First match book a overness jobber to your no overness person. 6 to 8 mins, road agent notes: buried, decisive finish, submission not pinfall. (you get a extra point of overness for submission in a buried match) victor no overness worker loser overness, script. If the no overness worker has no losses it will be better for you in the end. As the density and mounteum factors are great for no losses. Second match do the same match. if you want to you can do a angle where the legend is mad and wants a rematch right now.

part 3

after that show you see your ref has improved, your colour has improved, your road agent has improved and most of all your chosen one has improved by alot. I willing to bet that worker will be in double digits in overness now. The buried feature gets worse depending on the overness gap between the 2 workers. Which is why when you get up to around 60 the buried feature becomes pretty much useless. Of course in a performance product that does not matter. The announcer improves but at a slower rate. Ok fast forward after you are done buried matches. Your chosen worker should be around 20 to 30 overness depending how you want to do those matches. (note: You can buried as long as you want too but it starts to cost money for new workers) All you really need is that push to launch your worker.

part 4

ok now here comes how to take your worker to the next step. I'm still assuming your worker has no losses. By now your worker should have no losses, blue mountuem, 20 to 30 overness, and some wins over legends. Now it is john cena time. Which means put your worker in storylines and he never loses period in anyway. clone every angle then edit storyline to major success. Neutral does next to nothing. (Note you can also buried in angles at this point but having the overness jobber as major defeat). Every match should be booked like this on road agent notes. victor your worker loser whoever. script depending on there best stat that is your finish For example( if all stats are simpler do pinfall). Always a clean victory as overness will be better. I love doing my finish as submission as it works that stat faster. So you could say this is more bret hart type of booking than john cena.

part 5

Once you get to around 10 wins in a row bring a singles title into the picture. after 20 wins world title. after 30 wins your worker should sitting at 60 overness. You ref at 100 in stat, road agent around 80's. This is the system to make your a main eventer. Now you ask about the rest of your roster. Well you could be using this system for several people at once. As overness jobbers get mad the more they lose. So you want to trash them asap. Once you get 2 of these guys have them feud to hold down your main event. I personally use this system , have tag teams, and people I want as midcarders in other matches. Angles are best based on overness or menace. Entertainment will never be the same. Sex appeal is worthless once they get overness sadly. Menace is fun at lower levels since there angles will be great for little overness. Of course once a worker hits 70's overness that will be the angle based on overness. When a worker hit 90's there is no reason to based it off anything but overness. Tag teams is a different system but simpler. I hope that helps you.

part 6

traditional med low heavy

mainstream low very low med

comedy low none heavy

cult med very low key

risquie low very low med

modern med VL key

realism VL none Low

hyper realism none none VL

hardcore low none heavy

lucha libre none none VL

pure med low HY

daredevil VL none low

match intensty 50%

match danger 40%

womens wrestling intergrated

t&A levels high

face and heel none (it is so much easier when started out)

match ratio 80% or lower if you want more angles

both

minor match 8 mins

med match 10 mins

main match 12 mins

If you do the road agent notes with this prodcut setup. You will get good booking every match. The only other road agent notes I will use besides above. knockout, tainted win(don't use cheat), inference, work the crowd in first match (on preshow or show where it may fall)

you will notice flyers and tech work best in this product. I have a good product for brawlers but can't have both in one product. Eye candy matches work good too.

part 6

traditional med low heavy

mainstream low very low med

comedy low none heavy

cult med very low key

risquie low very low med

modern med VL key

realism VL none Low

hyper realism none none VL

hardcore low none heavy

lucha libre none none VL

pure med low HY

daredevil VL none low

match intensty 50%

match danger 40%

womens wrestling intergrated

t&A levels high

face and heel none (it is so much easier when started out)

match ratio 80% or lower if you want more angles

both

minor match 8 mins

med match 10 mins

main match 12 mins

If you do the road agent notes with this prodcut setup. You will get good booking every match. The only other road agent notes I will use besides above. knockout, tainted win(don't use cheat), inference, work the crowd in first match (on preshow or show where it may fall)

you will notice flyers and tech work best in this product. I have a good product for brawlers but can't have both in one product. Eye candy matches work good too.

thank you

part 2

depending on your product.

sign the people you want to push for any reason that is your choice (look for people with no losses). look under the personal to see if they have any relationships or teams. Heres how you find your perfect backstage and tag teams. Ok now you have your roster except one thing. Go back to free agency and sign people with overness. The deal is up to you as they are just jobbers. You can skip this step but you are adding a extra month onto the time frame. Ok now time for your show. First 3 matches of your card can be total pile of anything. So here is where you get your no overness people over then slowly move them up the card. First match book a overness jobber to your no overness person. 6 to 8 mins, road agent notes: buried, decisive finish, submission not pinfall. (you get a extra point of overness for submission in a buried match) victor no overness worker loser overness, script. If the no overness worker has no losses it will be better for you in the end. As the density and mounteum factors are great for no losses. Second match do the same match. if you want to you can do a angle where the legend is mad and wants a rematch right now.

I can't believe people think this is true.

I can't believe people think this is true.

lol all is right with the world soxfan not on my page anymore. The 1 point is hard to judge how exactly. It is actually less than point but you do get extra for it. I done this so many times. Besides you don't even like buried option last time I checked it

lol all is right with the world soxfan not on my page anymore. The 1 point is hard to judge how exactly. It is actually less than point but you do get extra for it. I done this so many times. Besides you don't even like buried option last time I checked it

No, I don't, because it does NOTHING that you are telling people it does. What you are looking for is Dominate. The dominate note makes the dominant worker look great. The burial note in no way makes the winner look good, it makes the loser look awful. There's a huge difference there.

Look, seminoledozer, if you want fast popularity gains, find a worker with 74.1 or higher charisma and give him a brute gimmick, like bad ass, or legitimate gimmick, like wrestling machine. Have them win 6-minute matches, set to dominate, decisive win. That's it. He'll get bonuses for dominating because of his gimmick. Then, when he's over enough, have your other workers beat him. Rinse and repeat.

No, I don't, because it does NOTHING that you are telling people it does. What you are looking for is Dominate. The dominate note makes the dominant worker look great. The burial note in no way makes the winner look good, it makes the loser look awful. There's a huge difference there.

Look, seminoledozer, if you want fast popularity gains, find a worker with 74.1 or higher charisma and give him a brute gimmick, like bad ass, or legitimate gimmick, like wrestling machine. Have them win 6-minute matches, set to dominate, decisive win. That's it. He'll get bonuses for dominating because of his gimmick. Then, when he's over enough, have your other workers beat him. Rinse and repeat.

dominate is one of those notes that works for some people and not others. Buried will always transfer one workers's overness to another one. Who cares about making everybody happy. You want your worker over and that is it. You think john cena would be who he is today without beating legends for 2 years. WWE today pretty much only uses legends to get younger people over. Of course I have said tew can be played many ways. I said my way step by step. You can't tell me it does not work since I have done it since ewr basically. Just made changes depending on the game but the idea is the same. Now you said your idea. So the TC now has options.

dominate is one of those notes that works for some people and not others. Buried will always transfer one workers's overness to another one. Who cares about making everybody happy. You want your worker over and that is it. You think john cena would be who he is today without beating legends for 2 years. WWE today pretty much only uses legends to get younger people over. Of course I have said tew can be played many ways. I said my way step by step. You can't tell me it does not work since I have done it since ewr basically. Just made changes depending on the game but the idea is the same. Now you said your idea. So the TC now has options.

The bold statement is absolutely untrue.

Source: Brock Lesnar hasn't been pinned in 3 years by anyone other than another legend HHH, Undertaker has never lost at Mania to anyone other than another legend Brock Lesnar, Cena is the only one to beat The Rock this decade, Rock beat Punk for the title, Undertaker and Kane beat The Wyatt family at a PPV in 2015.

WWE use old guys to put young guys over but legends are greatly protected to hang on to that overness.

In C-verse 2014 terms: Jay Chord vs. Marhat Kohklov, the best you could expect would be a keep strong note in a Chord loss.

Anyway that may be off subject a bit

I asked something similar in the SQ thread. It used to be a case of 4 minutes would increase skill, 6 minutes would increase overness in angles (though that could be the other way round).

In '13 however, a worker can gain overness and skill in an angle as long as it is over 4 minutes.

Wait a second... is this real? Can anyone confirm this for me?? I do ALL my angles at 6 minutes, nothing more, nothing less. Have I been wasting my time (both literally and figuratively) here??

Archived