building overness

The bold statement is absolutely untrue.

Source: Brock Lesnar hasn't been pinned in 3 years by anyone other than another legend HHH, Undertaker has never lost at Mania to anyone other than another legend Brock Lesnar, Cena is the only one to beat The Rock this decade, Rock beat Punk for the title, Undertaker and Kane beat The Wyatt family at a PPV in 2015.

WWE use old guys to put young guys over but legends are greatly protected to hang on to that overness.

In C-verse 2014 terms: Jay Chord vs. Marhat Kohklov, the best you could expect would be a keep strong note in a Chord loss.

Anyway that may be off subject a bit

old guys as you call them are legends in alot of people's minds. Dudley boys has won one match. They are the best tag team in history. Lawler is a legend all over the world. Jericho loses alot. Triple H is going to lose to roman of course. WWE has done this always. Remember brisco, patterson, sgt, hacksaw in the 90's. Anyway that is off topic

Wait a second... is this real? Can anyone confirm this for me?? I do ALL my angles at 6 minutes, nothing more, nothing less. Have I been wasting my time (both literally and figuratively) here??

sounds untrue as it depends on the angle setup

It may be cheating the system but it saves on bookkeeping.

MAY BE cheating the system? Heck, if you're running to the editor, why not just go directly to the worker in question and increase their popularity? Then you can get someone over in 30 seconds.

I have to agree with soxfan though. You say that the 'dominate' note works for some people and not for others? If it doesn't work across the board, that's a bug that should be reported. What you advise (using burial) is a punishment for the losing worker. It's not meant to enhance the winner at all, other than the 's/he won' aspect. Dominate is what was done when Ryback debuted (and for months afterward). Burial is what happened to Triple H at Wrestlemania 12.

Yeah, and you're seriously off with the whole 'legends are used to get people over' thing. The only exceptions I can think of would be Sting and Mick Foley.

That does raise a question though. I wonder if you could simulate Braun Stroman in TEW. He's protected in tag matches but when he is in the ring, he dominates (for the most part).

Anyway, gazdaman, getting workers over largely depends on your product. You don't have to go with some unfocused product to do that either. If your product is entertainment focused, you can do it with angles. You also don't have to go the obvious route and put the worker you're trying to boost into a storyline with your top guy/girl. Look at the Cena-Zack Ryder story from a few years ago. They were each in storylines with other people (Cena with Kane, Ryder with Jack Swagger) but had several angles together so the two storylines (possibly three since Eve was in a diva storyline, if I remember right) came together a few times. Those few times can be big boosts. In a performance based product, the worker you're trying to boost needs to WIN (and I would recommend cleanly). This is why it's a good idea to have good in-ring workers at all card levels. It's a process. If you don't have anyone with great to excellent entertainment skills (to use like a Paul Heyman is used), it can take a bit longer but look at it as a journey. It's easier if the worker is a monster type with lots of menace who you can have hit the ring and destroy the people in the opening match (as an example), using their menace to drive the segment but that's just a shortcut.

Dominate note depends on the gimmicks being used (brute?) and the menace skill of the winner as well as the selling ability of the loser.

Think about it like

Brock Lesnar dominating Dolph Ziggler

or

Rey Mysterio dominating Batista.

One scenario works better than the other

Anyway, here's my two cents. The way that I get new worker over in a sports entertainment type fed (that's all I ever play) is as follows:

Take for example Brock Lesnar. In any Mod that Lesnar is in he'll probably have insane Menace. So play to that strength. Pair him up with somebody with good Overness or Entertainment (preferably both), such as Paul Heyman.

Keep writing Angles based on Heyman's Entertainment and Lesnar's Menace where Heyman promotes Lesnar (you're assuming Lesnar just stands there looking menacing). Then occasionally have Lesnar destroy a worker or two (Monster Unleashed).

Then once he starts to fight, have him beat someone on the card slightly higher than him in Overness, build him up the card that way.

With his Menace and a few wins along the way, he'll be in your Midcard before you know it. Another approach I use for a guy with good Menace is to make him a bodyguard for someone like the Rock, and just have him in any of the Rock's angles being rated on Menace. His Overness gains will be so fast without even wrestling a match. This is another reason why Stables such as the Corporation and nWo are really good for getting guys over if you write heaps of Angles where they all come down to the ring rated on their respective strengths (Overness, Entertainment or Menace). Obviously the Over guys just have to be there to get a pop, the Menace guys stand around looking big and the Entertainment guys get on the mic.

Then once he starts to fight, have him beat someone on the card slightly higher than him in Overness, build him up the card that way.

This is the key. Here's what I did for Primus Allen in C-verse. I signed him at pop 27 in November 2015. Using no dominate, burials, or any note like that. I didn't create any special story lines either. Just used the ones included in game.

November-February he went 19-0. Beating low level workers who had pop under 50. I overpushed him as a midcarder from the start. I put him in a 6-man tag with some main eventers at the end of February and he was on the winning side (not getting the pin but had a keep strong note).

March I ran a tournament, which he won 2 matches in the ppv against other mid-carders for. At this point his pop was in the 50s going into the PPV for the tournament.

Match grades don't matter because he's strictly in the midcard or opening the show. By April he is 30-0 in my company and at popularity 68-70 in the U.S. He has a world title match with my top guy at the next ppv which he will lose but be kept strong. That will get Primus into the 70s and solidify him as a draw.

That's it. Just let your brute monster guys win a bunch of matches in the midcard and lower card. Higher jobbers on PPA contracts to take decisive losses. Don't care much about match grades until his overness peaks into the 50s/60s.

I'm sure you can have your guy lose but a winning streak is a ready made storyline for brute monster. Then feed him to your champ and watch both of them get more over.

I never use Keep Strong on a winner. I literally only use it if a Worker complains about losing, and it usually stops them complaining.

And it if doesn't stop them complaining, then I shouldn't be making them lose.

Yeah, I disagree. Depending on personality type, the bolded part could make you a pushover or ninny. Egotistical driven people will tend to complain almost all the time. It's very much a case by case basis (at least with me). A worker like Unstoppable Tai will whine no matter who she's losing to.

Oh and yes, dominate works best with brute and/or legitimate gimmick types.

I play with women so don't often have an opportunity to use the brute push tactic. But my current game using T-Zone, Shaul Guerrero came off hiatus and I snatched her up. I'm pushing her up the card slowly, hoping to eventually set up a 'second generation' stable war (since I have so many of them), culminating in a 1-on-1 superfight between Shaul and Tessa Blanchard. Tessa's already a main eventer, Shaul is a midcarder so I have time to build to that. But if I wanted Shaul in the main event, it would take 2, maybe 3 shows to get her there. All it takes is use and focus.

I never use Keep Strong on a winner. I literally only use it if a Worker complains about losing, and it usually stops them complaining.

And it if doesn't stop them complaining, then I shouldn't be making them lose.

If I don't use keep strong in a 6 man tag match I've had many instances where a point or 2 of pop was lost by a member of the winning team who wasn't involved in the pinfall. Thus I keep strong just to make sure.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WrestleManiac" data-cite="WrestleManiac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35523" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Doesn't Star Quality affect the speed the worker becomes over?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> yes as stated by other people in previous threads. A person with zero star quality will never get over.</p>

<p>I ran a test quite some time ago about "Keep Strong." It's on the board here so a quick search should turn it up. Just as expected, using Keep Strong on a winner is actually counter productive. Not only does it not effect the popularity loss on the losers side it actually limits the popularity gain for the winner. </p><p> </p><p>

Basically after the test I came to the conclusion that "keep strong" simply functions as a popularity loss/gain modifier. Use it on a loser and they won't lose as much as they would have. Use it on a winner and they won't gain as much as they would have. It also makes the segment rating worse...but that is the trade-off if you want to limit someone's popularity loss. It simply shouldn't ever be used on a winner.</p><p> </p><p>

It's a really easy test to reproduce and the results are so eye popping that you shouldn't spend much more than about 5 minutes to see the results.</p><p> </p><p>

I also think there is almost certainly something else at work if you are seeing someone lose overness in six mans after a win. You are likely battling someone's overness cap. You can brute force past that cap....but you will bleed overness slowly until you fall back to the cap. I would test that mechanic to see if that is what you are running into.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dubb93" data-cite="dubb93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35523" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can brute force past that cap....but you will bleed overness slowly until you fall back to the cap. I would test that mechanic to see if that is what you are running into.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Actually you can raise the cap all together if you brute force enough. Another gamey way you can get rid of caps is raise a guy's pop to max in all countries go forward a day then reset them back to where they were.</p>

I ran a test quite some time ago about "Keep Strong." It's on the board here so a quick search should turn it up. Just as expected, using Keep Strong on a winner is actually counter productive. Not only does it not effect the popularity loss on the losers side it actually limits the popularity gain for the winner.

Basically after the test I came to the conclusion that "keep strong" simply functions as a popularity loss/gain modifier. Use it on a loser and they won't lose as much as they would have. Use it on a winner and they won't gain as much as they would have. It also makes the segment rating worse...but that is the trade-off if you want to limit someone's popularity loss. It simply shouldn't ever be used on a winner.

It's a really easy test to reproduce and the results are so eye popping that you shouldn't spend much more than about 5 minutes to see the results.

I also think there is almost certainly something else at work if you are seeing someone lose overness in six mans after a win. You are likely battling someone's overness cap. You can brute force past that cap....but you will bleed overness slowly until you fall back to the cap. I would test that mechanic to see if that is what you are running into.

I would like to know how you tested it. You could of had other affetcs too.

I only use keep strong on my protected people. They lose pop but nowhere what they would lose if they lost straight up. I done the result based on my 99 over person I was tired of pushing as world champ. So I had a 70 over person beat him. I keep him strong. Instead of him losing around 10 to 15 and being furious. He only lost 5 points and the other person gained around 10. So it does work if you book by your product and road agent notes. The ratings once again depends on your booking the match. The keep strong note only drops it around 5 points max.

Archived