BBCF Real College Pack autoinstaller

Guest [Icy]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Roger Kaputnik]1. You don't know what percentage are having this problem and how many are not. How many don't know enough to realize that this could be the problem? How many have the problem but don't report it? Nobody knows. Stop pretending you do. 2. Stop trying to blow this off as if it is nothing. This IS a bug and the only common thread among the people who have this bug is your mod. Denial is not helpful.[/QUOTE] You're really amazing me. I make a mod in my free time for a game that i enjoy, i offer it for free for everybody to enjoy it, and you keep demanding me to fix something that i would love to fix if it is really broken, but that i haven't seen myself. I'll repeat it again, i can't fix something that i can't see, i haven't ever had a RTE with this game, using or not my mod. I have revised the databse field by field just to help the ones that have the RTEs, but i can't find anything wrong, and more users keeps posting here that they are so happy and never had any problem. If somebody can help debuging the possible error and can prove that the RTE is related to the mod, i will be the first to edit the mod to fix it, but nobody has found anyting wrong neither have i, so i can't fix anyting or even admit it's broken just because YOU THINK that it is. What else do you want me to do? To publicaly apologize because YOU THINK that my mod is creating RTEs in your computer? To remove the link to my mod and stop to do a mod for a game anymore? Please do me a favour, stop to use my mod, nobody forced you to use it. Expend your time doing your own and stop to complain for something you were given for free. The game comes with fictional teams, logos etc and that is what you bought from GDS. I edited the database for myself and then made it public so everybody can use it if they want, i'm hosting it for free when it costs hosting money, so if you dont' like it, don't use it. Guys like you are the ones who kill the fun of doing anything for the community. Maybe next time i would better keep the mods for my own use so i won't disturb you anymore or will create a bug that will ruin your gaming experience, or maybe the solution would be to add you to my ignore list for first time in a board in my life so i won't have to read your complains and will keep offering the mods for free to the rest of the community that seems to apreciate them more than you.

Icy don't mind that guy. Some people just don't get that this is just a ****ing computer game that is probably taking up less than.0001% of our life. Most people appreciate guys like you,Outlaw, SkyDog (FOF callout),Inxay and others who have spent a significant amount of there feee time to improve these text sims. And unlike some of the mod communities from other pc games like RTW to name one there is no over arrogance or a elitist type of mentality here,generally speaking. Anyways thanks for you rgreat work and initiative.

Icy, I deleted that post a couple of minutes after posting it because I don’t think it is worth arguing about. There is a problem with some systems, certainly more than one percent as you indicated. But whatever... What I was hoping was that you would acknowledge that there may be a problem for some of us. Instead you have acted as if this is an attack on YOU as a person. My point is not to bash you as I have said over and over to deaf ears. This is about the mod, not Icy or his personality or his ego as you seem to think. I wrote you a PM a few days ago in which I explained that I like the mod but I just wish it wouldn’t cause my game to crash. Did you read it????

Icy, I like your mod, and I have never had an RTE (knock on wood) For those of you that seem to think that there is an issue with the Mod(s), try this. 1. Reinstall the game. - No Mod 2. Start up game. 3. Edit ALL of the teams, conf's etc. As much as you can. Play away. If no RTE exists, then you are good to go. If RTE comes back, then contact Arlie. Just my opinion, but I'm sure you all thought of that before.

Ok, first of all: Thanks Icy for providing us with the mod. I really appreciate it that you went through all the trouble of editing the files and share them with us now! For what it's worth here are my two cents: I have played the game (both with and without Icy's mod) for quite a few seasons on 2 different PCs the last couple of days. On my laptop I get the RTE 91 error nearly once per season when using the mod. Without the mod I have so far not gotten THAT particular RTE, I do get the 3022 (or something like that) occasionally but no RTE 91. On my desktop PC I also use the mod and don't get any RTE 91 errors. I also got the 3022 but never an RTE 91. So judging by that I would say that, yes it is related to the mod but only appears on certain systems. Which frankly I find hard to understand but I don't see any other explanation. Maybe if Arlie could give some more details on what the RTE 91 error is exactly one could find a solution. BTW this is only guessing but one difference is that I run Win XP Home on my laptop and Win XP Pro on my desktop PC. Maybe this is a possible reason but then again the complete hardware is different so who knows what really causes the problem....

Hador, the only think that comes to my mind is a possible problem with the version of Microsoft Access in each computer. Which ones, if any, do you have installed in your notebook and main pc? I used 2003 to edit the file and maybe some with old versions installed could be the ones having the problems, just a thought that i would like to verify.

[QUOTE='[Icy]']Hador, the only think that comes to my mind is a possible problem with the version of Microsoft Access in each computer. Which ones, if any, do you have installed in your notebook and main pc? I used 2003 to edit the file and maybe some with old versions installed could be the ones having the problems, just a thought that i would like to verify.[/QUOTE] Access is not currently installed on my laptop. On my desktop PC I am not sure, the version is at least 2002 more likely 2003.

[QUOTE=Hador]Access is not currently installed on my laptop. On my desktop PC I am not sure, the version is at least 2002 more likely 2003.[/QUOTE] Umm maybe we are finding something here, please the other users having problems, post the version of Microsoft Office that you have in your computer where you have the RTE's.

[QUOTE=Hador]I think it really might be a problem with Access. I tried running the mod on yet another computer (with Access 2003) and didn't get any problems either.[/QUOTE] It could be that then, maybe some of the fields or characteristics of the database are not 100% compatible with older access versions. One of the things that could be tried for those with Access 2000 or Open Office for example instead of 2003 is to open the database with their Access 2000 and then save it without editing anything. That way the database could be saved again as Access 2000 database instead of 2003. Not sure if that would fix it or even is that is the real issue, but you lose nothing to try it. Not a lot i can do myself if that is the real issue, i hate to need to have always the more recent operating system, latest computer, latest office etc etc, but life is this way, we are in 2006 so a computer or software from at least 6 years ago could have problems running today's games. Anyway again i don't know if that is the real issue, but opening and saving the database with your current installed version of Access or Open Office could fix the potential problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Does ICY Installer work with fictitious names? I tried installing the autoinstaller for team names, logos, etc. I hope I did it correctly. The proper team names, logos, and colors appeared but I then inserted a fictitious university and name, "Imperial Valley Desert Devils" replaced "Arizone State Sun Devils" in the PAC10. Home city was El Centro, CA instead of Tempe, AZ. All went will until it was time to make the transition from pre-season into seasonal play. At that point, I got a "runtime error" message of some sort. I tried this 3 times with the same results each time. Later, I took the UAB Blazers under wing, altered some of their characteristics, made them the "team of choice" to simulate, and all went well.

• 3 weeks later...
I got the RTE 91 problem too last night, during the 3rd game of my first season. However, I had saved my game before playing the week 3 match, so was able to load up the league again & everything seemed to be ok (I simmed the game instead of playing it.) I’m going to go back & try playing the actual game tonight, just to see if the error occurs again. Hopefully I wont need to re-install the game.

[QUOTE=beats]I got the RTE 91 problem too last night, during the 3rd game of my first season. However, I had saved my game before playing the week 3 match, so was able to load up the league again & everything seemed to be ok (I simmed the game instead of playing it.) I’m going to go back & try playing the actual game tonight, just to see if the error occurs again. Hopefully I wont need to re-install the game.[/QUOTE] I’ve now got a copy of Access 2003 & the game works perfectly with the mods! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A little help I just bought this game and installed this mod, which is a fantastic assist to the community. After installing it, I don't see any difference when I go to create a league. The team names and conference names are the same as the default. The only oddity in my setup is that I installed in a non-default location, but I did point the self-installer to that folder. Can anyone help out? Thanks in advance.

Non-default location I installed the demo on a different computer in the default directory and the real names changes to effect perfectly. So I suspect there's an issue when you are in the non-default location? Does anyone have any suggestions for solving this issue?

Guest [Icy]
[quote=daveyk]I installed the demo on a different computer in the default directory and the real names changes to effect perfectly. So I suspect there's an issue when you are in the non-default location? Does anyone have any suggestions for solving this issue?[/quote] Are you sure you installed it in the right folder? check it, i guess that is the problem.

Guest [Icy]
[quote=zpq12]So is the mod supposed to have the right names for each player or just realistic names?[/quote] It won't change the players names, it has the real conferences, teams, awards etc but not the real players names.

[QUOTE='[Icy]']Are you sure you installed it in the right folder? check it, i guess that is the problem.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I did find the issue last evening. However I went and selected the folder to install into, the installer created a folder one level deeper. Inside of my "Bowl Bound..." folder, I found another "Bowl Bound..." folder and inside of that was the stuff I needed. Operator error, sorry to have troubled you ;-(

• 2 months later...
[QUOTE='[Icy]']Umm maybe we are finding something here, please the other users having problems, post the version of Microsoft Office that you have in your computer where you have the RTE's.[/QUOTE] I know this is old... but I get the RTE91 problem and have Access 2003 installed.

Guest [Icy]
[quote=BlueBomberDude]I know this is old... but I get the RTE91 problem and have Access 2003 installed.[/quote] No idea sorry, nobody ever managed to find what was the problem as only a few users had it and i never did myself. Anyway i'm playing the game again latelly and soon i'll release a new installer with some bugs fixed that have been reported since past year when i released this, like a wrong logo etc. also will try to include some of the new mods developed by others (after they agree of course).

Archived