The Owen's Family Legacy

PORTLAND WRESTLING

4/13 - Portland Sports Arena: 2,500 Sell out

Don Coss: Welcome to Portland Wrestling! Don Coss, Stan Stasiak and Dutch Savage here to kick off another exciting night of action. Portland wrestling is brought to you by Tom Peterson’s, the happy place to buy.

Stan Stasiak: Two big six man tag matches tonight, Don. It’s going to be some good action tonight. I hope all the fans are watching at home are excited about this.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/th_BradyBoone.jpg versus http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/th_RockyIaukea.jpg

Don Coss: This following contest is set for one fall, as Abbuda Dein will be facing Brady Boone.

Dutch Savage: Abbuda Dein has been impressive since joining forces Rip Oliver and the Clan and now holds the NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team Championship belt with Chris Colt.

Don Coss: The bell has rung and Abbuda Dein and Brady Boone will start the first match of the night. Boone wasting no time and goes right at the bigger man with a series of punches. Dein is stunned as Boone comes off the ropes but Dein counters with a big clothesline. Dein goes for a chinlock but Boone wiggles free.

Stan Stasiak: Both men now locked up in the center of the ring. Boone is trying to push Dein into the corner but Dein is just too big.

Dutch Savage: Boone must have gone loony in the head to think he is strong enough to push Dein around.

Don Coss: Boone with a nice kick to the midsection of Dein and then follows with a great looking dropkick that puts Dein on the mat. Boone climbs the top turnbuckle thinking he can end the match early and get the upset victory. Dein is back up before Boone could set himself, and oh Dein kicks the ropes, forcing Boone to lose his balance and lands on his sensitive spot right on the turnbuckle and he spills into the ring.

Stan Stasiak: He sure did land on his sensitive spot with that move but Dein has no mercy for Boone and drops an elbow right to the throat.

Don Coss: Abbuda Dein runs off the ropes and hits the BIG SPLASH. Dein hooks the leg ONE, TWO, THREE.

Dutch Savage: Abbuda Dein continues to wins, as Brady Boone just could not overcome the spill off the top turnbuckle.

Don Coss: He will continue with more Portland Wrestling after these commercials.

(Goes To Commercial)

Ric Flair is sitting in a blue chair while Don Coss sitting across from him in a simliar chair.

Don Coss: Thank you for joining me Ric Flair. Let me just ask the first question everyone is asking, what brings you to Portland Ric Flair?

Ric Flair: I travel all across America, all across the world but all I hear over and over again is the same thing and I’m here to actually do something about now. A lot has changed in two years since I was last here. Two years since I went the distance with Billy Jack Haynes at the Portland Coliseum and now I return to face the best Portland has to offer at the Portland Coliseum. Buddy Rose you are the best of what Portland has to offer and at Wrestling Extravaganza 87’, I will see in the ring at the Portland Coliseum. Buddy Rose this is your chance, TO BE THE MAN, but YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN. And that man is me, the NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

Don Coss: Are you putting the NWA World Heavyweight Championship belt on the line at Wrestling Extravaganza?

Ric Flair: The NWA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line at Wrestling Extravaganza but do not get your hopes up Portland, as I’m the greatest champion and Buddy Rose has no chance of taking my belt. Wooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ric Flair gets up and leaves the interview but walks in front of the camera and says, Wooooooooooooooooooooo!

We are back at the Portland Arena

Buddy Rose walks into the ring, no bunnies with him just holding NWA Pacific Northwest Championship belt in his left hand, a microphone in his right.

Ric Flair you come here to Portland and you run your mouth. You talk about how you are the greatest. The greatest champion, the greatest wrestler the world has ever known. At Wrestling Extravaganza I will do what I have to do to send you back home, without the championship belt. RIC FLAIR THIS IS MY CITY, MY RING. I’AM THE MAN OF THE NORTHWEST. I’AM THE ELITE, THE CREAM OF THE CROP, THE SUPERMAN OF PORTLAND. You claim you’re the best, let’s prove it. You make sure you bring you’re A game at Wrestling Extravaganza and I will bring mine and we will see who is truly the best. All your money, women, planes and limousines will do nothing for you when you’re lying in the middle of the ring, the cheers of the Portland crowd not cheering for you but for me, the new World Champion. Your time is over RIC FLAIR, the true PLAYBOY will reign.

Don Coss: Big news for a big match at Wrestling Extravaganza in May between Ric Flair and Buddy Rose for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Belt.

Dutch Savage: A huge match for Wrestling Extravaganza and probably one of the biggest matches ever here in Portland.

Stan Stasiak: If anyone has a chance of defeating Ric Flair, it’s Buddy Rose.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/th_RipOliver.jpghttp://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/th_ChrisColt.jpghttp://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/th_CubanAssassin.jpg versus http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/bth_ScottCasey_zps3c2fad7d.jpghttp://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/th_no_picture.jpghttp://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/th_no_picture.jpg

Don Coss: Well guys Rip Oliver is in the ring with his Clan members Chris Colt and Cuban Assassin, awaiting the arrival of Scott Casey and his mystery partners.

Dutch Savage: Where are Scott Casey and his partners?

Stan Stasiak: Something must have happened Scott Casey and his partners because Rip Oliver is laughing in the ring with Chris Colt and Cuban Assassin.

Don Coss: Well we are going to figure out what is going on right after this commercial break.

(Goes To Commercial)

Don Coss: Welcome back everyone to the Portland Sports Arena and Rip Oliver and The Clan are still laughing in the middle of the ring, as we are still waiting for Scott Casey to come to the ring.

Stan Stasiak: Wait a minute I think I see Scott Casey and his cowboy hat walking to the ring.

Dutch Savage: Wait a minute that does not look like Scott Casey. Its, its ABBUDA DEIN WEARING SCOTT CASEY'S COWBOY HAT!

Stan Stasiak: Well where’s Scott Casey?

Don Coss: Rip Oliver has got a microphone.

Rip Oliver is laughing in the middle of the ring.

You poor, poor little people. Where you expecting Scott Casey and his mystery partners tonight? Well that’s not going to happen now, right guys? (Abbuda Dein, Chris Colt and Cuban Assassin are nodding their heads yes) We made sure that Scott Casey and his partners would not be able to wrestle tonight, as we knocked all three of them out before we came out here. The Clan is the greatest power in the Portland Wrestling today and tonight we just proofed it. Maybe, just maybe we will allow you to wrestle next week Scott Casey but don’t count on it Casey. It goes for the rest you, you mess with the Clan, and we will cripple you.

Don Coss: Wow. I cannot believe Rip Oliver and the Clan and their actions tonight.

Dutch Savage: Believe it Coss; the Clan is going to dominate the northwest.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/th_JimmySnuka2-1.jpghttp://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/bth_RoadWarriorHawk4_zps01634309.jpg?t=1361457705http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/bth_RoadWarriorAnimal5_zpsbb7aa52a.jpg?t=1361457705 versus http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/th_BuddyRose2.jpghttp://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/th_CocoaSamoa.jpghttp://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/thunderwill/TEW/th_RickySantana2.jpg

Don Coss: Let’s get going with tonight’s main event. The Latin Connection of Cocoa Samoa and Ricky Santana make their way to the ring, along with Buddy Rose. The crowd is going wild as The Road Warriors and Jimmy Snuka come running into ring. Rose, Samoa and Santana quickly exit the ring. And we will be right back.

(Goes To Commercial)

Don Coss: And we are back ladies and gentlemen and the action has been hot so far in the match, as the Road Warriors and Jimmy Snuka have just dominated the Latin Connection. Buddy Rose as not been tagged in the match yet. Animal has Ricky Santana stuck in the wrong corner.

Dutch Savage: Wait minute, Cocoa Samoa has the referee in his corner and there arguing about something. Ricky Santana with a poke to the eyes and a low blow on Animal and he escapes the corner. Great teamwork from Santana and Samoa in distracting the referee to gain the advantage.

Don Coss: Animal back on his feet but Ricky Santana hits him with a high dropkick. Santana comes off the ropes but Animal is there and hits a big clothesline.

Stan Stasiak: Wow what a powerful clothesline from Animal and Animal is going for the cover.

Don Coss: The referee never had a chance to start the three count as Cocoa Samoa comes into the ring and kicks Animal to break the hold. Animal follows Samoa back to the corner but it was a trap as Buddy Rose hits Animal with a powerful right hand right the head. Santana is quickly there for a school boy rollup

Referee: One..............................! Two....................

Don Coss: Kickout by Animal! Santana quickly tags in Samoa and locks in a chinlock.

Stan Stasiak: Samoa might want to lock in the chinlock and little tighter, as Animal is just too powerful to stay on the ground for long.

Don Coss: Good call Stasiak, as Animal just powers himself to his feet and rams Samoa right into the corner. Animal backs off and now is running into the corner. ANIMAL CONNECTS WITH THE RINGPOST SHOULDER FIRST! SAMOA QUICKLY MOVED OUT OF THE WAY! Samoa with a backdrop suplex. Samoa with the cover.

Referee: One...........................! Two............................

Dutch Savage: Only a two count, as Animal kicks out. Remember the Road Warriors are still looking to destroy the Latin Connection but Samoa and Santana are doing a good job of pushing the Animal and Hawk into a wrestling match instead of a brawl.

Don Coss: Santana back into the ring and comes running off the ropes. BUT ANIMAL COUNTERS WITH A POWERSLAM! Cover by Animal.

Referee: One...............................! Two................................!

Don Coss: Santana just able to kickout before the three count. Animal tags in Jimmy Snuka and Snuka wants Buddy Rose and throws Santana at Rose’s feet. Rose is reluctant to get in the ring but tags Santana anyways. HE WE GO AS ROSE AND SNUKA QUICKLY TRADE PUNCHES, AS THE MATCH IS TURNING INTO A SLUGFEST!

Dutch Savage: Jimmy Snuka wants the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Championship Belt and Rose wants to remain the king of the mountain here in Portland Wrestling.

Don Coss: Snuka is winning the punching war and whips Rose into and goes for a dropkick but Rose avoids the dropkick and goes to small package on Snuka. Snuka counters into his own small package.

Referee: One.............................! Two.................................!

Don Coss: That was close, as Snuka almost beat Rose in the middle of ring.

Stan Stasiak: Just hear that crowd; as everyone is on their feet right now.

Don Coss: Buddy Rose rolls to his corner and tags in Santana. The crowd is booing now. Snuka with a great looking dropkick right to the chest of Santana.

Dutch Savage: Here comes Samoa and now the Road Warriors are all coming into the ring.

Don Coss: A DOUBLE SUPLEX BY THE ROAD WARRIORS ON COCOA SAMOA AND SAMOA ROLLS OUT OF THE RING. Santana low blows Snuka as the referee was busy with the Road Warriors. Santana is going over to Rose to tag him in but Rose refuses.

Stan Stasiak: Santana and Rose are arguing and ROSE HITS SANTANA WITH A BIG RIGHT HAND! WHAT IS ROSE DOING………? HE’S LEAVING THE RING AND WALKING TO THE BACK!

Dutch Savage: I THINK ROSE HAS JUST SNAPPED!

Don Coss: Santana is rocked by the right hand and Animal is waiting for him and has him on his shoulders. Animal walks to the other corner where Hawk is standing on the top turnbuckle. HAWK FLYS AND HITS A BIG CLOTHESLINE, FORCING SANTANA HARD TO THE MAT. WAIT A MINUTE HERE COMES JIMMY SNUKA WITH THE SUPERFLY SPLASH ON SANTANA.

Referee: One..............................! Two................................! Three.................................!

(Ding! Ding! Ding!)

Don Coss: Great match, Jimmy Snuka pinning Ricky Santana to win the match. But the big news is what is going on with Buddy Rose.

(Jimmy Snuka, Hawk and Animal are seen celebrating their victory in the ring, as the screen goes to black)

Show Review

Matches

Art Crews defeated Mark Young E+ [pre-show]

Billy Two Eagles defeated Avalanche D [pre-show]

Ed Moretti and American Ninja defeated Art Barr and Stoney Burke D- [pre-show]

Abbuda Dein defeated Brady Boone D-

Scott Casey, Mystery Partner #1, Mystery Partner #2 versus Rip Oliver, Chris Colt and Cuban Assassin no contest

Jimmy Snuka and The Road Warriors defeated Buddy Rose and Latin Connection C+

Angles

Ric Flair Interview B

Buddy Rose Interview B-

The Clan Attack C-

Rip Oliver Interview C

Overall: C+

I wanted to try something different with the show this week. What do you think?

Question of the week:

Would you accept Buddy Rose as a Face?

Portland Wrestling 4/20 at the Portland Sports Arena

Mystery Wrestler vs Chris Colt

Mystery Wrestler vs Abbuda Dein

The Southern Rockers vs Latin Connection

Main Event: Curt Hennig vs Rocky Johnson

Plus Buddy Rose, Jimmy Snuka will be in the arena.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Rose could be built into a face (much like happened in real life), but he draws more heat as a heel. I could also see Flair touted as a hero ... someone who can finally silence Rose

I am not sure if I can see Buddy as a face or not. In fact I have never had the chance to see him as a good guy so I have no clue as to if he could work as one or not.

for those who never saw Rose as a face, here is a few vids that show how they progressed him to that point in Portland in 1983

I'm not exactly how long he stayed face, but it did seem to go over well with the fans (think he stayed face at least a year - back then face/heel turns actually meant something and they didn't switch every week)

--- Rose wants Flair and is tired of stepping aside to let others get that title match

Archived