WCW 2001 -- A New Day Is Dawning

Goldberg

Great show! I hope you book Goldberg just as he should be booked - a silent machine of destruction.

All I'll say about Goldberg is, believe the hype. :D

I like the layout and the first show, but - I'm going to be that guy - it seems odd that the NBT breaking up and Palumbo & O'Haire's face turn has been erased, as well as the Magnificent Seven stable. The later were basically the dominant faction in WCW's final months.

Then again, if any company was going to totally ignore three months or more of storylines like that it would be WCW, so....

Appreciate the feedback, and, you're right, if anyone was just going to ignore a bunch of stories it would be WCW!

Natural Born Thrillers moving forward as a trio of heels was a personal choice and since the data I'm using had them still set as heels I just decided to disregard that bit of booking. They will be playing up a bit how they were the cream of the crop since the other NBTs were released.

As for The Magnificent Seven, they had been largely ignored in the closing weeks of WCW anyway and most info I could find said they broke up before the final Nitro on TNT. The driving force behind the stable was largely to keep the belt on Steiner during his feud with Sid and to do Flair's dirty work as CEO, and without the Steiner/Sid feud or Flair as CEO I didn't see much need in running with that story. Unlike the stuff with the Natural Born Thrillers, however, the Magnificent Seven will come up again. ;)

And thanks for the predictions, Jaysin and RKOwnage!

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/nitro_wallpaper.jpg
MONDAY, WK 1, JUNE 2001 - EPISODE #1: CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS KICKOFF
Live from Cole Field House
Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, and Dusty Rhodes

Announcers welcome us to Nitro on E! and put over the Clash of the Champions Kickoff theme. Mike Tenay notes that tonight will see the WCW World and United States champions collide, and that next week the WCW Tag Tea champions, the Natural Born Thrillers, will faceoff with WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions the Filthy Animals!

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
SUGAR
SHANE HELMS ©
-vs-
JASON JETT 
Everything you would expect from a cruiserweight opener, although Jett was a little offstep and struggled to keep the pace. He did manage to pull off an impressive springboard dive to the outside the nearly got him a countout win, but Helms made it back to the ring. Great ending spot where Helms floats out of a Crash Landing and hits Sugar Smack in midair before finishing it off with a Vertebreaker.

WINNER, AND STILL WCW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION: SUGAR SHANE HELMS 
Helms is celebrating his win in the ring when 3 Count's "Can't Get You Out of My Heart" filters into the soundsystem, Evan Karagias & Shannon Moore dancing their way into the arena to a chorus of boos. Schiavone reminds us that Helms used to be a member of 3 Count before his success as Cruiserweight champion; Karagias & Moore in the ring to extend a one-night only invitation to Helms. Rejoin the group, and together all three of them will be WCW Cruiserweight Champion! Helms refuses, but Karagias tells him he should reconsider.

Helms on his way out of the ring, but Moore tries to stop him. Helms is ready for a fight, but. . .

KRONIK!

Ring announcer Mean Gene Okerlund is at a podium left of the entryway in a slightly different touch. He is really chewing the scene in his announcing performances, looking a bit uncomfortable but pulling off the over-acted announcing style as he announces Kronik for the next match, "with their opponents already in the ring."

Karagias & Moore are freaking out in the ring as Helms slips out of the ring, Kronik making their entrance and stepping over the rope into the ring. 
KRONIK
[bRIAN ADAMS & BRYAN CLARK]
-vs-
3 COUNT
[EVAN KARAGIAS & SHANNON MOORE] 
Very short match, Kronik showing they didn't come out to help Shane Helms but simply to kick some ass. Adams & Clark steamroll the guys from 3 Count before putting them both away with High Times in just over sixty seconds!
WINNERS: KRONIK 
After the match, all three of the Natural Born Thrillers enter the arena but stand near the entrance; Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire each have a WCW Tag Team title belt over one of their shoulders, flanking Mark Jindrak as he antagonizes the crowd. The trio play to the crowd, Kronik yelling from the ring and signaling they want the belts. The Thrillers simply strike a pose and smirk, the champions shaking their heads and heading backstage as we head to our first commercial break.
1st COMMERCIAL BREAK
Mean Gene Okerlund welcomes us back to Nitro on E!, seeming a bit more reserved than he has during his ring announcing. He would like everyone to join him in welcoming one of the first families of wrestling, "The American Dream" Dusty, and his son, "The Natural" Dustin. . . The Rhodes Family!

The Rhodes come out to a chorus of cheers. Dusty puts over his accomplishments as NWA Champion, his decades in the business with Dick Murdoch, and working for "Jimmy Crockett and Jimmy Crockett's daddy, daddy!" But his time in the ring has passed, and it's high time everyone realizes how long they've been overlooking his son Dustin.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/DustyRhodes.jpghttp://fictionplus.interwebz.co.nz/images/layout/sbpointer/sb-pointer-ffffff-l.png
They say it can be hard to shiiine, daddy, when standin' in another man's shaaadow. I know The American Dream can cast a bid shadow right where you is standin' son, and I know you can shiiiine on ya' own. So it's time for me, the son of a plumber, to sit down, and stop castin' shadows, daddy so the son of the wrestler can do what he does! Dustin, you're The Natural, son. . . now go on an' do what you do!
The crowd cheers as the father and son hug, Dustin pausing a moment before he takes the mic to speak. He thanks his father, and says the true legend of The Natural began at The Big Bang. He warns Jeff Jarrett that what goes around comes around but says that he doesn't want to lose focus of what's in front of him. Tonight, it's going to be him and Kanyon in the ring and after tonight, Kanyon will never forget the name. . . DUSTIN Rhodes.
THE NATURAL
DUSTIN RHODES
-vs-

THE INNOVATOR OF OFFENSE
KANYON

The American Dream takes his spot back at the announce booth, and Kanyon is out alone for this bout. The two work an old school face versus heel match-up with Dustin playing the face-in-peril and giving up several near falls for a good chunk of the match. Rhodes eventually makes a comeback, nailing a pair of his father's Bionic Elbows that knock Knayon towards the corner and allow The Natural to hit a Bulldog for the pin.
WINNER: THE NATURAL DUSTIN RHODES 
2nd COMMERCIAL BREAK
DON'T FORGET WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPION
LIVE ON PPV & STREAMING PPV SUN.WK3.JUNE.2001 
"Also Sprach Zarathustra" plays in the arena as "Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Mike Awesome make their way to the ring. Tony Schiavone and Dusty Rhodes go on a rant about how Flair has gone off the deep end, while Tenay tries to put Awesome over as an unstable element in the new WCW. Awesome is sans mullet, and wearing a leather dog collar with thick, 3-foot steel chain hanging from it. He currently has it wrapper around one fist, and screams at the crowd as the pair make their way to ring. 
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/RicFlair.jpghttp://fictionplus.interwebz.co.nz/images/layout/sbpointer/sb-pointer-ffffff-l.png
Woooo!! Ladies and gentlemen, I came out here tonight to give you a few reasons why Eric Bischoff is bad for WCW! You see, the man standing next to me is Mike Awesome-- he came to this company as ECW World Heavyweight Champion [the ECW chants in the crowd cause Flair to pause] Woooo!!! And what happened to him? Bischoff told him he was part of the New Blood. . . told people he was. . . That 70's Guy [crowd boos]. . . or The Fat Chick Thriller [crowd boos the gimmick heavily, Awesome remaining as menacing as he can in the ring to no-sell the face reaction to his mistreatment]. . . THIS MAN IS A MONSTER! WOOOO!! THIS MAN IS DANGEROUS! Eric Bischoff and Eric Bischoff's WCW tried to kill this man's career, but this man is a CAREER KILLER! Lex Luger! Forget all that Team Package crap! You are deadweight here in WCW, you have always been deadweight, and tonight Mike Awesome is going to rid WCW of it's Lex Luger problem! Mike Awesome, the Career Killer, is about to destory the Total Package. Bischoff! I hope you're watching, brother, because this is how you force me to lead! WOOOO!!
CAREER KILLER
MIKE AWESOME
-vs-
TOTAL PACKAGE
LEX LUGER 
Despite Mike Awesome's taunts in the beginning, Luger gains the upperhand and powers the Career Killer around a bit. An irish whip reveral allows Awesome to nail the Total Package with a lariat and takes him down. From there on out, it's less of a match and more of a mauling as Awesome systematically destroys Luger's right arm and stomps his head. Flair interferes from the outside, choking Luger with his belt while he's down near the outside as Awesome stomps on him. Referee Slick Johnson calls for the DQ and tries to break it up, but Awesome tosses him aside.
 WINNER, BY DISQUALIFICATION: LEX LUGER 
Flair in the ring with his belt and Awesome's dog collar and chain. Schiavone and the annoucers are disgusted and inform everyone that Sting, as well as Luger's other Slamboree partner Kevin Nash, are bother not at the arena tonight. Flair & Awesome haul Luger up, but not for long as he is sent crashing back to the mat by a harsh Awesome Bomb! Flair struts before locking Luger in a Figure-Four Leglock while Awesome straps the dog collar around the Total Package's neck. Once collared, Flair lets go and Awesome hauls Luger up by the neck as the annoucers plead for someone to stop them. With a tight grip on the chain, Awesome launches Luger over the top rope and jerks back on the chain, hanging him by the neck over the top! Awesome leans back, falling to one knee as Flair screams "Wooo!!" With the camera on a hanged and grimacing Lex Luger, Tony Schiavone commands, "let's cut to a damn commerical already!"
3rd COMMERCIAL BREAK

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/84ac735f-b4b7-4588-9f1a-2756353889e4.jpg 
TEAM CANADA
[LANCE STORM, ELIX SKIPPER, AND KID ROMEO]
-vs-
FILTHY ANIMALS
[REY MYSTERIO JR., BILLY KIDMAN, AND KONNAN] 
Back from commercial, the announcers still shocked and appalled by what happened before the break during Team Canada's entrance. Filthy Animals out to a new theme song, Konnan rapping on their way to the ring which takes the place of his usual schtick. Fast paced match, at least when Kid Romeo was on the outside, that saw Elix Skipper match Rey Mysterio in the air and Lance Storm & Konnan going hold-for-hold in several heated technical spots. Storm eventually picks up the win after distracting the ref long enough for Romeo to hit Kidman with the Canadian flag pole, allowing him to lock on the Canadian Maple Leaf for the submission.
WINNERS: TEAM CANADA 
4th COMMERCIAL BREAK
DON'T FORGET WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPION
LIVE ON PPV & STREAMING PPV SUN.WK3.JUNE.2001

AND

COMING UP LIVE AFTER THE MAIN EVENT OF NITRO ON E!
TALK SOUP LIVE WITH HOST AISHA TYLER 
Tony Schiavone welcomes us back from the break, and says that they have Sting on the phone! The Stinger is still recovering at home, but after what he saw earlier, he wants Mike Awesome at Clash of the Champions! He'll deal with Ric Flair later, but at Clash of the Champions, Sting will have his vengeance on Mike Awesome!
CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS KICKOFF
WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
BOOKER T
-vs-
WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPION
THE FRANCHISE
SHANE DOUGLAS 
These two put on a great show from the start, playing the crowd well and creating a decent flow throughout. The beginning of the end was Booker T reversing out of a Pittsburg Plunge and hitting Douglas with a Harlem Sidekick. This knocked Douglas towards the ropes, where Torrie Wilson tripped him, the ref blind to it in the chaos of the moment, thinking he was Booker T. There is a stirring in the crowd as he picks up The Franchise, Booker grabs him and nails a Book End for the three.
WINNER: BOOKER T 
Booker T barely has time for referee Nick Patrick to hand him the WCW World title belt before he is blindsided by Diamond Dallas Page! Torrie is in the ring apologizing to Douglas and helping him up as DDP puts the boots to Booker T. Franchise is back up, and he soon joins DDP in putting the boots to Booker, the two of them picking the World champion up. Douglas holds him as DDP signals for a Diamond Cutter, sizing him up and taunting him. Booker fights back! His leg swings back, nailing the Franchise between the legs! Douglas lets go and collapses, Booker blocking as DDP charges forward and they begin to brawl

"JEFF JARRETT! JEFF JARRETT!!" Tony Schiavone screams as Jarrett runs towards the ring, guitar in hand, and slides in, springing up and readying his strike. Booker is just about to nail DDP with a Harlem Sidekick when Jarrett shoves him out the way and wallops Booker with his guitar! Jarrett helps Douglas and DDP recover, the three of them standing over the fallen World champion with Torrie Wilson helping Douglas stay up.

"Oh my, God, Tony! I know that sign!" Mike Tenay exclaims as the three men hold one hand up, index finger curled down in the familar Triple Threat sign! "Is it true, Tenay, has the Triple Threat arrived in WCW??" Dusty Rhodes ponders as the first episode of Nitro on E! signs off. 

Another really enjoyable show. I'm glad I was able to get on with this in the beginning.

Awesome show!!!

That was an excellent show.

I come into this with a bias of loving the Filthy Animals, so I hope they pick up a win next week (though I understand this was probably to start a feud with Team Canada).

Thanks, glad everyone is enjoying the show so far! Expect some fallout coverage from wcwwrestling.com and the rest of the IWC to surface today.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Imarevenant/TEW%20Diary/PWTorch.jpg
WWF RAW IS WAR RESULTS
RESULTS FROM THE WK1.JUNE.2001 CABLE BROADCAST OF RAW
A big brawl between The Big Show and Chris Jericho opened the show
Test defeated Stevie Richards
The Undertaker confronts Mick Foley but Christian interrupts
The Two-Man Power Trip defeated The Holly Cousins before things descended into a brawl with The Rock
The Big Show beat Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho defeated Christian before being attacked by Big Show

The show kicked off a feud between The Brothers of Destruction and Edge & Christian, as well as Y2J and Big Show.

CLASH KICKOFF CONTINUES
WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
NATURAL BORN THRILLERS
[CHUCK PALUMBO & SEAN O'HAIRE]
-vs-
WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
FILTHY ANIMALS
[REY MYSTERIO JR. & BILLY KIDMAN] 
SHANE DOUGLAS
DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE
JEFF JARRETT
-vs-
BOOKER T
KEVIN NASH
DUSTIN RHODES 
KONNAN
-vs-
LANCE STORM 
"SUGAR"

SHANE HELMS ©
-vs-
SHANNON MOORE 
KRONIK
-vs-
THE MAMALUKES
[bIG VITO & JOHNNY THE BULL] 
CHAVO GUERRERO JR.
-vs-
JAMIE KNOBLE 
PREDICTION KEY
NATURAL BORN THRILLERS -VS- FILTHY ANIMALS
SHANE DOUGLAS, DDP, JEFF JARRETT -VS- BOOKER T, KEVIN NASH, DUSTIN RHODES
KONNAN -VS- LANCE STORM
WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE- SHANE HELMS © -VS- SHANNON MOORE 
KRONIK -VS- THE MAMALUKES
CHAVO GUERRERO JR. -VS- JAMIE KNOBLE 

PREDICTION KEY

KONNAN -VS- LANCE STORM

I love Chavito, but Knoble could easily be turned into a cornerstone worker of the division.

KONNAN -VS- LANCE STORM

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Imarevenant/TEW%20Diary/PWTorch.jpg
BREAKING WCW NEWS: MAIN EVENT TALENT LEAVING
SOMEONE HAS FINISHED UP WITH THE COMPANY
Word has come out that following his angle Monday night with Mike Awesome and Ric Flair, Lex Luger has finished up his agreement with WCW. Luger agreed to work for the new company while trying to negotiate terms for transferring his contract, but the new company was unable to come up with an agreeable number. Luger is set to wait out the remainder of his AOL-Time Warner guarantee for now, and it is unlikely that WWF will come knocking to change his mind. The company left him an in with the company for the future and a program with Awesome should he decide to return in the future; his guarantee is said to be considerably shorter than some other talents.

Standard last call on predictions, show is about 30% written and should be up later tonight.

Question from the readers, would you rather see PPV cards leaked early in the dirtsheets or see them unfold 100% on WCW programming/website? I'm trying to find the right balance of IWC involvement in the infancy of it being so widespread without overwhelming myself with too much writing. So what are you enjoying as a reader, and what are you skimming? Any feedback is appreciated. :D

PREDICTION KEY

KONNAN -VS- LANCE STORM

Question from the readers, would you rather see PPV cards leaked early in the dirtsheets or see them unfold 100% on WCW programming/website? I'm trying to find the right balance of IWC involvement in the infancy of it being so widespread without overwhelming myself with too much writing. So what are you enjoying as a reader, and what are you skimming? Any feedback is appreciated. :D

I think it should be mostly on the program itself. It must be quite rare that you find out a future match for definite before it's on a show, you might hear about contract signings and things like that but probably not PPV cards. That said, the IWC could speculate about what they think the card is going to be, that way it's fun for the reader to consider how reliable the article is.

MONDAY, WK 1, JUNE 2001 - EPISODE #1: CLASH KICKOFF CONTINUES
Live from Anderson Wigwam Center
Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, and Dusty Rhodes

Announcers welcome us to Nitro on E! and put over the Clash of the Champions on PPV in two weeks. Mike Tenay notes that tonight will see the WCW Tag Tea champions, the Natural Born Thrillers, face off with WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions the Filthy Animals!  
CHAVO GUERRERO JR.
-vs-
JAMIE KNOBLE

A hot cruiserweight opener as per usual from Chavito and the young Jamie Knoble. Chavo puts him away with the Brainbuster in about six minutes.

WINNER: CHAVO GUERRERO JR. 
Chavo has barely made it up the entrance aisle when "Also Sprach Zarathustara" takes over the soundsystem, and the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair enters the arena with his cohort "Career Killer" Mike Awesome in toe. Chavito pauses at the left side of the ramp and shares a nod with Flair before they pass, Nature Boy & Awesome heading to the ring  and Guerrero allowed to exit peacefully.

Flair wastes no time in grabbing a microphone, proclaiming as he points towards Chavo, "That man is safe, because that man is good for WCW! WOOO!!!" Awesome stands near the center of the ring, arms cross and still wearing the leather dog collar and chain he used the previous week as Flair launches into a rant about how Awesome ended the career of the "Total Package" Lex Luger last week, because he broke Luger's neck. If Sting wants to be next in line, as much as he hates to do it, he will unleash the Career Killer on th Icon and take him out of World Championship Wrestling..

Mike Awesome grabs the mic for Flair and snarls at the camera, taking a moment to soak in the boos and to look intimidating with his dog collar & chain. "Clash of the Champions! Sting. . . DIES!!!"

The announcers are shocked and insist we go to the scheduled commercial break and hopefully they'll be gone when we get back-- Awesome snarls and taunts the crowd from the ring, swinging the chain around as Flair comically hits the mat before we fade. 
COMMERCIAL BREAK #1
The music of Kronik greets us when we return from commerical, Mean Gene Okerlund at his podium to announce the next bout as Tony Schiavone talks about hid despiable the actions of Ric Flair and Mike Awesome have been since Slamboree.
KRONIK
-vs-
 THE MAMALUKES
[bIG VITO & JOHNNY THE BULL]

The Mamalukes manage to look better than 3 Count did last week, but not by much as the powerhouse team of Brian Adams & Bryan Clark steamroll the Italians. Post-match, they signal that they want the belts again, and Clark yells out, "Clash of the Champions!!!"

WINNERS:
KRONIK 
The announcers hype the upoming WCW Cruiserweight title match, and put over reigning champ Sugar Shane Helms. He'll defend his title against Shannon Moore, former best friend and former 'bandmate' in 3 Count.
SUGAR
SHANE HELMS ©
-vs-
SHANNON MOORE

Evan Karagias is at ringside for Shannon Moore, and her provides a distraction at the beginning that allows Moore to get the upperhand. Sugar Shane falls victims to the numbers game for a while, rarely getting in much offense until Karagias is caught blatantly tripping the champ and ejected from ringside. Moments later Helms mounts a comeback, eventually leading to a win by Vertebreaker.

WINNER, AND STILL WCW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION: SUGAR SHANE HELMS 
COMMERCIAL BREAK #2

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/84ac735f-b4b7-4588-9f1a-2756353889e4.jpg 
GOLDBERG IS COMING. . . BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Back from commercial with Ernest "The Cat" Miller dancing in the middle of the ring with some of his Catgirls. Schiavone and Rhodes play up how much fun the crowd is having as Miller dances, but the fun is brought to a hault as "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner's music takes over the soundstem. The Big Bad Booty Daddy and Midajah make their way into the arena, Steiner with microphone in hand talking about what a disgrace this dog and pony show crap is to professional wrestling. Ernest Miller is out here dancing around like a *********************************************** --anwhile Scott Steiner has to sit in back and lose his title rematch to a jacka*************-- Jersey like DDP! What it all amounts to tonight is that he;s kicking the Cat's ass and ****************************--- ry last one of his nine lives!
BIG POPPA PUMP
SCOTT STEINER
-vs-
THE CAT
ERNEST MILLER

Steiner is out for blood in this one, Miller blowing his only chance to mount an offense by trying to get Midajah to dance. Big Poppa Pump locks The Cat into a Steiner Recliner for the submission victory, holding on after the bell until referee Mark Johnson threatens to reverse the decision.

WINNER:
SCOTT STEINER 
COMMERCIAL BREAK #3
DON'T FORGET WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS
LIVE ON PPV AND STREAMING PPV
SUNDAY.WK3.JUNE.2001
Back from commercial, and we're backstage in Kevin Nash's lockerroom where he is talking to Booker T about what happened last week. Booker is paranoid about the idea of the Triple Threat in WCW, but Nash reminds him no one has said Triple Threat and, "it was just three guys with their fingers in the air."

Booker says that regardless, they have to focus because Nash is too relaxed, he is ready for revenge, and he hasn't seen Dustin all night. Nash assures him that Rhodes will show up when it counts, that he's just kind of a loner unlike them. Booker isn't interested in anyone being a loner when he's supposed to watch their backs, but Nash again tells him to settle down and order up a massage or something.

Back in the arena, the American Dream says Dustin is in the building and that he will certainly be in the ring for the main event. Schiavone hopes everything will work out, but up next the war between the Filthy Animals and Team Canada continues to rage as Konnan takes on the self-proclaimed Canadian Hero Lance Storm. 
KONNAN
-vs-
LANCE STORM

These guys worked a fast-paced, technical lucha match with lots of lightning-quick chains and fast reversals. The crowd seems to appreciate the effort, but Konnan has trouble keeping the pace for long and it works into a slower bout as the face shines for a while. Storm with a handful of tights to turn the tides, rolling him up for a two count on going on the attack. Konnan almost taps to the Maple Leaf, but reaches the ropes; Storm arguing with referee Nick Patrick allows Konnan to hit the 187 rolling clothesline and slap on the Tequila Sunrise for a submission victory.

WINNER: KONNAN 
COMMERCIAL BREAK #4
VIDEO RECAP OF MIKE AWESOME'S ATTACK ON LEX LUGER 
WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
FILTHY ANIMALS
[REY MYSTERIO JR. & BILLY KIDMAN]
-vs-
WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
NATURAL BORN THRILLERS
[CHUCK PALUMBO & SEAN O'HAIRE]

Entrances are under way when Nitro on E! returns from commercial break. Natural Born Thrillers use their size and strength to their advantage to gain control early on, working over Mysterio's legs to try and keep him grounded. Mysterio plays face-in-peril until the hot tag to Kidman allows him to clean house and take control for a while. Jindrak on the outside proves to be the trump card for
Palumbo & O'Haire, providing the interference that leads to a pinfall victory.

WINNERS: NATURAL BORN THRILLERS 
As the announcers are trying to send the program to it's final scheduled commercial before the main event, lights in the arena begin to flicker and eventually it goes dark as the crowd begins to swell. The sight of lightning strikes and the opening thuds of the music signal Sting as the crowd roars. His music plays for a moment to let them cheer before he appears on the video screen, darkness all around, his head hanging and his face shrouded in his black hair.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/Sting3.jpghttp://fictionplus.interwebz.co.nz/images/layout/sbpointer/sb-pointer-ffffff-r.png
MIKE AWESOME! NATURE BOY!!

I want you to listen, and I want you to listen good, because you've thrown kerosene on a blaze and it's about to become a TOWERING INFERNO! I'm sick of of listening to Ric Flair strut around and talk about what is and isn't good for WCW; the old man is obviously to senile to under stand that the roar of the fans is what decides what is, and is not, good for WCW.

But, regardless of all that. . . regardless of the talking and the Nature Boy barking while his meathead "Career Killer" does all the biting. . .yeah, that's right, Flair, you can't bite any more, little doggy. Mike Awesome, you broke my best friend's neck. You cost him his job, you cost he & his wife their new house, and you robbed the Total Package fans here in WCW of their favorite wrestler. THAT is bad for business, but worse for you, Mike Awesome. . . that was sucidal move for you, Mr. Career Killer.

You want to hurt me, Mike Awesome? You say you're going to kill me??

Mike Awesome, you're already dead. . . you just don't know it yet. . . 
The screen fades as Nitro on E! heads to the last commercial break.
COMMERCIAL BREAK #5
DON'T FORGET WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS
LIVE ON PPV AND STREAMING PPV
SUNDAY.WK3.JUNE.2001

BOOKER T
KEVIN NASH
DUSTIN RHODES
-vs-
SHANE DOUGLAS
DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE
JEFF JARRETT

Dustin Rhodes shows up for the match on time and without incident. Franchise, DDP, and Jarrett all enter the arena together to Douglas' entrance music, adding further fuel to fire that they have united as The Franchise's infamous Triple Threat-- none of them make the hand sign, but the announcers don't point it out. The heels work together smoothly in the beginning, isolating Rhodes near their corner and working him over with quick tags and near falls. While Jarrett is in the ring, Rhodes finally gets a hot tag to Booker T and the WCW World Champion steps into the ring to face off with the man who broke a guitar over his head last week. Booker T takes the advantage while Jarrett gets his comeuppance. Eventually things deteriorate into a wild brawl, referee Nick Patrick barely able to maintain enough control to allow the match to continue. In the chaos, the Franchise and Jarrett double-team Booker T, Jarrett and Nash the legal men, while DDP distracts the referee with his confrontation with Nash & Rhodes on the inside. Franchise winds up his chain, but Booker ducks and Jarrett gets leveled! Book End to the Franchise, Jarrett rolled back inside and Nash covers for win!

WINNERS: BOOKER T, KEVIN NASH, AND DUSTIN RHODES 
The announcers are going wild, proclaiming the faces the winners admist the aftermath of the chaos as they recover together in the ring. Douglas, Jarrett, and DDP all recover on the outside and look back towards the ring with sneers on their faces. Ric Flair is out at the top the ramp, berating the supposed Triple Threat as the announcers sign off and send thing to Aisha Tyler at E!'s Talk Soup Live!

• 2 weeks later...
http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img/item/816/894/76/XksfXOp2xMUujhW.jpg
WRESTLINGHEAT.COM RAW IS WAR REPORT
  • Triple H and Mick Foley kick things off in the ring. Back-and-forth promo about upcoming IC title match, ending with a beatdown on Foley by HHH and Stone Cold.
  • Farooq beat Justin Credible with a Dominator
  • Christian interrupted a promo by The Undertaker and continued to anger the American Badass, setting up the main event
  • Dean Malenko beat Tommy Dreamer with a Texas Cloverleaf
  • Contract signing for the upcoming Stone Cold and Rock WWF World title match ended with HHH saving Stone Cold from an attack after the signing.
  • Lita defeated Terri in a T&A filled Women's brawl
  • The Big Show pinned Chris Jericho after Y2J's antics triggered the angry giant to explode in a fit of rage and nearly chokeslam Jericho through the ring
  • Despite the best efforts of Edge & Christian to play the numbers game, Christian still lost to The Undertaker after Kane thwarted Edge's interference.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8203/clash4.jpgLIVE ON PPV & STREAMING PPV VIA WCWWRESTLING.COM
SUNDAY, WEEK 3, JUNE 2001 
WCWWRESTLING.COM EXCLUSIVE
MAIN EVENT
WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
BOOKER T ©
-v
s-
DIAMOND
DALLAS PAGE 
STING
-vs-
CAREER KILLER