Reid Flair Has Passed Away

alphadraighon

If you have never had it happen to you or your loved ones you won't understand fully.

Oh but I have.

I want to be clear when I was talking about drugs I was not talking about people who got addicted to pain killers because they were prescribed them legally or children who became addicted due to their mother being an addict. I was talking about the hardcore illegal stuff. Most people who do that stuff do choose to do that stuff for whatever reason they may have. Very few are forced into using crack or whatever there drug of choice is, they consciously make that decision to use. Those are the people I have no sympathy for.

Yup. This.

I don't cry my heart out if someone dies climbing Mount Everest, either. You choose to do risky stuff, you deal with the consequences. I do feel sorry for families of drug users, though.

<p>I would love to live in that black and white world where everything is so simple. Addiction is a choice? Look up the definition of addict. I grant you we all have a choice to an extent but it isn't as simple as some people here think.</p><p> </p><p>

* Some people do drugs because their friends are and they choose to keep those friends or they do them to show off. This group I don't really have much sympathy for.</p><p>

* Some people get addicted to pain killers after being prescribed them from the doctor.</p><p>

* Some people do drugs to numb their negative emotions and past traumas.</p><p>

* Some people do drugs because the pressures of being famous/well known and lack of privacy drives them to it.</p><p>

* Some people turn to drugs through other pressures put on them by others to succeed (such as overbearing parents who expect perfection).</p><p>

* Some people get addicted because they fall on hard times and can't cope.</p><p>

* Some pimps have been known to force "their" women into drugs to better control them.</p><p> </p><p>

There are countless other reasons. I would guess Reids was to do with who his father was and the company he was keeping more than anything but I didn't know the guy or what personal demons he may or may not have been battling so I'm not going to judge him.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm not going to "cry my eyes out" for him, nor will I lose sleep over his death but in the same breath I'm not going to shrug my shoulders and say he deserved it.</p>

Everything in life begins with a choice. And when it comes to drugs its an obvious choice. Again nobody MAKES these addicts turn to drugs they turn to drugs because they CHOSE to. If you choose to do drugs and you overdose its your own fault and I will go on record saying you deserved it. If you light a stove and put your hand on it getting burned I'm going to say you deserved to get burned. You knew it was hot and still put your hand on it. It truly is that simple. I really don't even understand how there is an argument. Life is a very precious thing which every gets to experience if you CHOOSE by CHOOSING to go into drugs to destroy that life then you deserve what you get. If someone writes bad checks and they wind up thousands of dollars in debt is anyone going to say "its not that easy they didn't know what they were doing and things got out of control they don't deserve to be in debt". Of course not. Because thats silly as adults we know what drugs are capable of we're taught from the age of first grade on that drugs are bad MMMMMMkay.

Archived