The next update is going to have updates on the historical stuff so I wouldn't start a serious career with past seasons just yet. If you do use past seasons then I do recommend using the historical modifiers. Import randomization will mix things up a bit when using the database if you are looking for a little more variety to the past seasons.

I have not done that, but another thing you can try before beginning a serious historical league is to start in 2012 with fictional players. That way you don't have any preconceived ideas on how players should perform, and you can focus on ways to build a team, how to use players, etc.

But be warned! You might become really attached to your team and players, and the "test league" might grow on you. I began a fictional-player career with the Cleveland Cavaliers and signed a seemingly average free agent shooting guard who turned out to be quite a player. He's now my team's best scorer. Now I'm in the process of just playing out the season so that "bad" contracts will expire and leave me with enough cap room to go after some really good free agents.

It's the playoffs next season for sure! :)

Archived