Trades, etc

First of all, I would like to say that I am having tons of fun with this game. I've spent an inordinate amount of time in the last few days playing it, and I look forward to continuing to do so for months/years to come. Great work!

The trade system is an aspect I think could use some tweaking. It works as is right now, but I have some ideas that could go a long way toward making this thing transcendent:

1. A trade block. This way you could get offers from other teams that you would be more likely to be interested in. (I also have a tendency to get stagnant when looking for a trade partner, so I often find myself just making offers to "atlanta" because they are just first alphabetically. a trade block could mix up/give suggestions which teams might be good to engage with)

2. More feedback on what your trade partner is looking for. I read in another thread that there are many things taken into account in the trade logic, why not put some of them on-screen for us to have a more transparent and interactive experience?

3. Perhaps add counter-offers. When my offer is rejected, it says something like "we will need a lot more". This is good, but i wouldn't mind seeing a suggestion of *how much* more. I've gotten that message, and it still said the same thing after i added 3 1st round picks and all my 2nd round picks to the offer. (of course i was probably trying to trade for Michael Jordan or something, but that's beside the point :))

4. Perhaps a "team needs" or something similar. It could be a brief analysis of which position a team needs the most. This could be taken a step further by adding qualifiers that allude to skills the team is lacking or desires based on their GM profile (e.g. "passing PG", "Post PF" or just "three-point shooting", "quickness", or "length" without specifying a position).

Outside of trading, I had a couple of other observations/ideas:

-When signing a contract, i would like it if the buttons underneath the money/years layout would also affect what you're offering. Like if i hit "max deal" it should adjust what i'm offering to just that. So i could just hit "submit" right away if i wanted to. If i can't afford that, pop up a notification when i press submit saying so. Maybe add a "max available under cap" button too.

-better indication of players who can play multiple positions. I find that unless i change my GM priorities, the AI will sign a lot of the same type of players (understandable). I often find myself with a glut of PGs, for example. It would be cool if it was easy to tell who would be good to move to the 2, instead of just leaving good players sitting on the bench because a great player is taking all the playing time. this would be especially good in situations where that starting 2 guard is inferior, so shifting the backup PG to starting SG is natural (especially if he can play combo guard). i would love it if something like this was implemented across all positions.

Thanks for reading my suggestions. Love this game!!

These are all excellent points and I agree especially with #1. Having a trading block that works both ways with me being able to put player on a list and for the other (computer teams) being able to put players on that list. It does make it a bit easier to find trading partners this way.

• 3 weeks later...
A trading block would be nice but an OOTP-styled "offer to all" option would be even better. They both do the same thing, but the latter is more direct and efficient. This would definitely help out newer players like myself make trades, as it can be a little daunting at first.

Archived