• IPW: A Friend In Need by smwilliams
    • SWF: The Fall - The Melancholy of Tommy Cornell by ampulator
    • Capital City Wrestling by christmas_ape
    • Emerald Pro Wrestling: Devine Intervention by Occasional_Z
    • Operation Lullaby (A Road To Glory Dynasty) by Charasmatic Enigma
    • Trademark Pro Wrestling by Dragonmack

Cornellverse DOTM Nominee's:

*Remember, a vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification

Put my vote into IPW this time- smwilliams is doing a great job shedding some light on a corner of the c-verse that's still quite new

I second that. I think the only IPW diary I have seen and the only diary of the newer promotions that I can think of that has gone long term.

Put my vote into IPW this time- smwilliams is doing a great job shedding some light on a corner of the c-verse that's still quite new

I second that. I think the only IPW diary I have seen and the only diary of the newer promotions that I can think of that has gone long term.

Thanks to both of you for the support! There's still a long way to go until the story is done. I will say the diaries with the most steam right are either SWF/TCW or created promotions. No love for the CVerse indies this time around it appears.

Thanks to both of you for the support! There's still a long way to go until the story is done. I will say the diaries with the most steam right are either SWF/TCW or created promotions. No love for the CVerse indies this time around it appears.

I think the ability to actually have cornellverse characters as avatars has been the spur for the increase in created promotions this version. While the big two are always popular ( especially as they are the favorites of some of the best writers on the board) and allow for a lot of variation and interpretation, thus are always represented, the ability to really tailor a story on the independent level, with the user character avatars, gives the ability to tell some compelling stories ( at least to me ) and provide a change of pace from the established independent companies that got a lot of stories done in previous editions.

I know for me personally when thinking of ideas for a diary this expansion, having already done an established independent company several times, a created company with a wrestler that hadn't gotten a lot of spotlight as an user character was a much fresher story for me than telling the rise of an existing independent company once again.

But ultimately, big company or small, established or created, real or cornellverse, its still the writer that tells the story and determines how good it is.

I know for me personally when thinking of ideas for a diary this expansion, having already done an established independent company several times, a created company with a wrestler that hadn't gotten a lot of spotlight as an user character was a much fresher story for me than telling the rise of an existing independent company once again.

I think that pretty much is my deal too. Bad Boys of Australia and TKW both kinda stemmed from seeing some old farts that aren't part of a promotion and deciding run with it. I do like some of the companies out there, but for now juggling what I have I think it will be some time before I do something with one of the regional companies diary wise no matter how much the likes of some of the new companies like EMLL, IPW and GSW tempt me.

I think the ability to actually have cornellverse characters as avatars has been the spur for the increase in created promotions this version. While the big two are always popular ( especially as they are the favorites of some of the best writers on the board) and allow for a lot of variation and interpretation, thus are always represented, the ability to really tailor a story on the independent level, with the user character avatars, gives the ability to tell some compelling stories ( at least to me ) and provide a change of pace from the established independent companies that got a lot of stories done in previous editions.

But ultimately, big company or small, established or created, real or cornellverse, its still the writer that tells the story and determines how good it is.

Interesting theory and one I agree with for the most part as my story is tailored around the Tyler-Nemesis "friendship" with IPW simply as the backdrop. I could've easily created a promotion and told the same story if Nemesis hadn't been involved with IPW. I guess for me, there's just something familiar with the CVerse companies (I know what to expect from a PSW or NYCW diary for example), which is a notion Hollywood uses to great advantage.

Archived