I don't really think this needs to go in Small Questions, but I could be wrong...

I'm about a month away from attempting my first tournament style event. I plan on simply having the tournament, some backstage interviews and a title match before the final.

I want to know if anyone has any secrets they want to share about how to help make this as successful as possible.

Also with the title, as long as I say it's a tournament title it's set and ready right? I'm regional should I present it as a main event title or something else? Do I need to do anything special on the event page to signify this is a tournament event, or simply booking the tournament how I want it to unfold is enough?

Any other tips and tricks are much appreciated! :D

Make sure you have guys with good stamina making it deep in the tournament, since presumably they'll be wrestling about three times including your ME!

Just make sure you have your tournament title on the line in the finals and you're fine. As for level, depends really on who's fighting for it. I don't think it's much different from a regular title in that respect.

Guest codey
Avoid the all out note. If you do so and presumably have guys with good stamina make the finals, you can pull off a slow build and have a longer final match that will net you a better grade.

It isn't stamina you want to be looking at, the game only considers that on a per match basis. The most important stat you should be looking at in a one night tournament format is the toughness stat, which affects how worn down a worker gets when they wrestle. The higher the toughness stat, the more matches (of any length) they can wrestle in a night without being hit with a penalty for being worn out. You know those notes you get from people about needing time off to heal? That's generally due to low toughness.

If possible, lowering the intensity of matches will also help extend the amount a worker can wrestle. Though you obviously don't want to be lowering it outside the recommended levels or you will start to get penalties for that too.

Has anyone tried a 16 man tournament event? I want to try one as an ultimate wrestler of the year tournament, but am nervous as hell to even attempt it.

with a 16-man (and to a lesser extent an 8-man) tournament a double DQ is your best friend.. if you can get one guy to the finals fighting one less match thats a bonus..

look at WrestleMania IV (14-man I know).. the Hogan/Andre double DQ gave DiBiase a bye into the finals.. so the final was only his 3rd match to Savage's 4th..

Has anyone tried a 16 man tournament event? I want to try one as an ultimate wrestler of the year tournament, but am nervous as hell to even attempt it.

I'd try one if it was split out between different shows, but in one night...:eek:.

Double DQ's/Countouts are what you need if you want a worker to be in the finals, and it has terrible toughness...but for a product like CGC where the match lengths are absurd or BHOTWG in which you can't have Double DQ's/Countouts, you are screwed...

I do 12-team tournaments for my promotion...

Round 1: 4 3-way tags

Round 2: 2 regular tags

Consolation Battle Royal between the liminated

Final: Regular tag

I've also done 32-person, four-event-long tournaments. First round over two shows, then the round of 16, then the final 8 in the last night.

Archived