Modern Warriors 14 (Real World Mod)

<p>Another area I think we can all help with is the destiny pages for some of the fighters. Take Anderson Silva - the guy is clearly still in his prime and seems to still be improving, so his destiny should be changed. Hendo is another one, Belfort is getting better with age (TRT aside, his striking is improving with each fight).</p><p> </p><p>

Also, Brazil now has a commission, so should be a regulated region.</p>

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well since I paid $35 for the game, I might as well go through Tag's work and correct as much as I can. I can't imagine the work he's done to put together what he has so far. This should be a team effort, not an individual. Sherdog is a very reliable source for fighter stats and records if they cant be found on Wikipedia. Ive prob went through 50 fighters and changed some records, hometowns, birthdays, and debut years. Only thing I won't be editing is minor fight event fights and adding them to fight histories.

I will add the 3 Abu Dhabi Cards and the 5-6 Invicta cards. I am also preparing a list of fighters who are not in game either. Don't know If I will be adding them all, as I am going to try to add as few things as possible.

I would like to still give all the credit to Tag and even let him take credit for my work bc without his base, I would not even be able to enjoy this game.

Tag, I could also prepare a list of changes and corrections I am making if you want, but Im sure you already know what you gotta do.

Question I had though, was once in-game. Can you click on a fighter and see his/her fight history???

Also, does the game not have venues to pick from and negotiate with?

I'm happy to have suggestions, but I don't want multiple versions of the mod floating around. In a database this size there will always be errors regarding basic tale of the tape info, when you find them please message me or post them here. But beyond that I (and those that help me) have a handle on it. While I love that people enjoy the mod, my fun is building and updating it more than playing the game. The TapOrSnap dude said it best that it was like writing a novel and having someone else want to write the ending. :)

Your fight histories, for one thing, are something I have purposefully not added (although maybe the Invicta main events). The problem with the game as it is built is that fight histories are the number one thing that slows the game down, and we have 1000's of fights already. I'm currently working through and removing fights not adding them, and I think dumping a large number of fights from smaller promotions would be cool but not worth the added lag between turns.

Another area I think we can all help with is the destiny pages for some of the fighters. Take Anderson Silva - the guy is clearly still in his prime and seems to still be improving, so his destiny should be changed. Hendo is another one, Belfort is getting better with age (TRT aside, his striking is improving with each fight).

Also, Brazil now has a commission, so should be a regulated region.

Did not realize Brazil was regulated now, thanks. Feel free to point out any other suggestions regarding destiny as I haven't used it much.

Ovince St. Preux, Anthony Smith and Nah-Shon Burrell need to be signed by the UFC.

Aleksander Emelianko has come out of retirement.

I also think Manhoef's punching power should be upped a bit.

LC Davis is now 19-5 and on a winning streak, I heard he is going for next TUF.

Mod looks really good so far and I like the picture pack update.

Thanks.

Fixed.

Clay Guida should be at featherweight as well.

Fixed.

In game there is no way to edit their record, unfortunately.

One of the things I still thing needs a lot of work is the ranking system. A lot of guys have inflated stats that one win instantly bolts them into the top 25. I think using Fight Matrix (I believe that is what it is called) for a base for the top 25 would help a lot.

Unfortunately rankings are hard. Not so much the top 25, but the guys directly below that. The way it is structured, it is difficult to prevent what you are talking about because the number 40 fighter in a weight class will have only a few reputation points less than a guy in the top 25. The only change would be to make everyone outside of the top 25 MUCH lower, but in my testing that basically made the rankings never change.

The other problem is the weight that the AI gives to losing streaks. It is hard for a fighter to stay in the top 25 even if they were previously ranked and lost back to back against top 5 fighters. The ranking system is probably as good as it is going to get under wmma3.

I'm happy to have suggestions, but I don't want multiple versions of the mod floating around. In a database this size there will always be errors regarding basic tale of the tape info, when you find them please message me or post them here. But beyond that I (and those that help me) have a handle on it. While I love that people enjoy the mod, my fun is building and updating it more than playing the game. The TapOrSnap dude said it best that it was like writing a novel and having someone else want to write the ending. :)

Your fight histories, for one thing, are something I have purposefully not added (although maybe the Invicta main events). The problem with the game as it is built is that fight histories are the number one thing that slows the game down, and we have 1000's of fights already. I'm currently working through and removing fights not adding them, and I think dumping a large number of fights from smaller promotions would be cool but not worth the added lag between turns.

Yeah the fight histories aren't a big deal, it's the records that need the updating.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Unfortunately rankings are hard. Not so much the top 25, but the guys directly below that. The way it is structured, it is difficult to prevent what you are talking about because the number 40 fighter in a weight class will have only a few reputation points less than a guy in the top 25. The only change would be to make everyone outside of the top 25 MUCH lower, but in my testing that basically made the rankings never change.

The other problem is the weight that the AI gives to losing streaks. It is hard for a fighter to stay in the top 25 even if they were previously ranked and lost back to back against top 5 fighters. The ranking system is probably as good as it is going to get under wmma3.

I am talking more so about that there are quite a few people that win one "regional" or small org fight and jump into the top 25. I understand with the limitations of this game that it will never be "perfect" but I think it could use some work to make it seem more realistic. For some of the divisions as well (mainly flyweight) going through the rankings on there you could find a lot of guys to add to beef up the FLW roster.

Fight histories are more for cosmetics. Same with title histories. While I like them both, they aren't necessary. Records and birth dates are more important, in my opinion. More fighters, too, but I know that's a tougher job. The female fighters definitely need some more depth.

Also, speaking of the females, Jessica Penne is still the Invicta Atomweight champion in the game. Should be Michelle Waterson.

Did not realize Brazil was regulated now, thanks. Feel free to point out any other suggestions regarding destiny as I haven't used it much.

Seems to make a difference to fighter primes. Take Andy Silva - without altering his destiny stat he seems to lose a lot quicker and is listed as way past his prime.

Change him to physical prime of very old and he starts the game at approaching the end of his prime. Seems very right to me.

The opposite end of the scale could be a dude like Kingsbury - already considering retirement and taking some absolute hammerings after looking useful a couple of years ago.

Or Grispi - started off like a monster and dropped off a cliff. Peaked young.

That said, I think it works great for guys who are still getting it done in their mid/late 30's.

Great work on the mod Tag. Great to see others chipping in as well

One other thing that needs a lot of work is the camps. I'd also remove Lloyd Irvin's camp from the game after all of the stuff that has came from that camp in the last few months.

We just had a huge overhaul on camps in the previous release. They're pretty accurate, but fighters move around a lot and often train at multiple camps for one fight. Sherdog's records as they pertain to fight camps are far less accurate than fight records, too.

Seems to make a difference to fighter primes. Take Andy Silva - without altering his destiny stat he seems to lose a lot quicker and is listed as way past his prime.

Change him to physical prime of very old and he starts the game at approaching the end of his prime. Seems very right to me.

The opposite end of the scale could be a dude like Kingsbury - already considering retirement and taking some absolute hammerings after looking useful a couple of years ago.

Or Grispi - started off like a monster and dropped off a cliff. Peaked young.

That said, I think it works great for guys who are still getting it done in their mid/late 30's.

Great work on the mod Tag. Great to see others chipping in as well

I agree with Silva and some older fighters, but not as much on younger guys for the same reason that I don't use potential at all. Grispi has fallen off, but plenty of commentators believe to be mental. He's young enough that he could bounce back. If you set him for an earlier decline that will never happen. Plus, it pigeon holes him into being the same fighter every single play through. That's good for historical mods when you're trying to get it track reality, but I think this mod is more fun when you have no idea if Grispi is poised to make a comeback or retire. Keep in mind that not checking the peaking young checkbox doesn't mean they can't peak young; it is random how they develop. But ticking that option means they definitely will. So for that I'll probably not use destiny for younger guys.

I'm not really concerned with fight histories, as long as the major promotions are there. But after going through about 50 fighters, this is what I am noticing.

A lot of records are wrong, I'd say 60% which is realistic to expect since fights occur.

But the other thing

I'd say 8 out of every 10 fighters has an incorrect debut year and birthday.

5 out of 10 I'd say have incorrect reaches and heights.

When you created this database, did you create one fighter at a time?? Like how realistic are EVERY individual fighter's skills? Or are the lower name fighters all mass edits.

A female fighter that should be added by the way is Bec Hyatt. If Jasminka Cive is in game, the Hyatt should be as Hyatt is gaining a ton of popularity amongst female fighters. When all the female fighters auctioned off their sports bras, Hyatt's raised the second most money behind Ronda Rousey's. Hyatt lost to Carla Esparza for the inaugural Invicta Strawweight Title Fight.

I'm not really concerned with fight histories, as long as the major promotions are there. But after going through about 50 fighters, this is what I am noticing.

A lot of records are wrong, I'd say 60% which is realistic to expect since fights occur.

But the other thing

I'd say 8 out of every 10 fighters has an incorrect debut year and birthday.

5 out of 10 I'd say have incorrect reaches and heights.

When you created this database, did you create one fighter at a time?? Like how realistic are EVERY individual fighter's skills? Or are the lower name fighters all mass edits.

A female fighter that should be added by the way is Bec Hyatt. If Jasminka Cive is in game, the Hyatt should be as Hyatt is gaining a ton of popularity amongst female fighters. When all the female fighters auctioned off their sports bras, Hyatt's raised the second most money behind Ronda Rousey's. Hyatt lost to Carla Esparza for the inaugural Invicta Strawweight Title Fight.

I don't bother with debut dates as this isn't a historical mod. It has no effect on gameplay. I wkind of wish I had kept it up in case I did a historical mod. There plenty of fighters whose reach is wrong since that information isn't always available. Most of the well known guys have the correct reach but feel free to point out errors. Your estimation on heights being wrong is off since sherdog has fairly accurate heights for most fighters. Same with birthdays. I have a lot of resources for this but sometimes a fighters birthday or. Height is unavailable and I have to make my best guess. I can tell you 80 percent aren't wrong though.

As far as creating fighters goes they are done by hand. I try to watch video of every fighter before building them if possible. This mod was started before there was an option for mass editing, in fact if memory serves me I am coming up on six years for this mod. (Jesus, get a life.) So some of these fighters have been tweaked and retweaked a dozen times. It is why i by and large do the stats myself, everyone has an opinion but not everyone can keep a mod balanced. (Go read some of my older threads where fights broke out regarding fedor being horribly overrated or underated in the mod.

I hope you get some more "top" prospect in the game in your next update. I'm not saying all these guys should get in (some are already in) but here is a good list of guys that could get in.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/83111745-post2.html

I understand you not wanting too many fighters, but there are quite a bit of "cans" that you could replace with younger prospects.

I could help making them too if you want to speed up the process, but the pictures for some of the lesser known guys would be the biggest issue.

I'd agree that adding Bec Hyatt would be great, along with Raquel Pennington, and Alex Chambers. They've all had big enough fights to warrant being in there. Paige VanZant, Jessamyn Duke, Tecia Torres, Rose Namajunas and Veronica Rothenhausler, among others, are solid fighters as well that are on the rise in Women's MMA.

As for the men, Nick Newell signed with WSOF so hopefully we'll see him added. Have a soft spot for him since he trains in my area and, you know, has one hand. Also Tyrone Spong would be cool, and of course Marlon Moraes and Justin Gaethje after their big upsets.

I don't bother with debut dates as this isn't a historical mod. It has no effect on gameplay. I wkind of wish I had kept it up in case I did a historical mod. There plenty of fighters whose reach is wrong since that information isn't always available. Most of the well known guys have the correct reach but feel free to point out errors. Your estimation on heights being wrong is off since sherdog has fairly accurate heights for most fighters. Same with birthdays. I have a lot of resources for this but sometimes a fighters birthday or. Height is unavailable and I have to make my best guess. I can tell you 80 percent aren't wrong though.

As far as creating fighters goes they are done by hand. I try to watch video of every fighter before building them if possible. This mod was started before there was an option for mass editing, in fact if memory serves me I am coming up on six years for this mod. (Jesus, get a life.) So some of these fighters have been tweaked and retweaked a dozen times. It is why i by and large do the stats myself, everyone has an opinion but not everyone can keep a mod balanced. (Go read some of my older threads where fights broke out regarding fedor being horribly overrated or underated in the mod.

Fedor was overrated the last half or third of his career as he was beating UFC washouts. But on Bec Hyatt, she just beat down Jasminka Cive, so I figured it warranted her being in the game.

I edited about 50 or 60 fighters, I wish I had tracked corrections. I changed alot of debut years and b-days. And several reaches, a few heights, and a ton of records.

I have a 3 TB external HD full of over 5,000 fights. Every single UFC fight just about, 90% of Pride, all StrikeForce, EliteXC, K1, Dream, Invicta, and now a ton of Bellator. Have a lot of low level promotion fights too. So it's to go through the list of fighters and find a fighter that I have never seen fight.

I will post all corrections though if you want.

I was wondering how the Excel spreadsheet option works? You know what that's all about?

Fedor was overrated the last half or third of his career as he was beating UFC washouts.

Weren't all UFC washouts. Arlovski left the UFC on a 3 fight winning streak (one of which was Werdum) and then he KOed Rothwell and Nelson.

We just had a huge overhaul on camps in the previous release. They're pretty accurate, but fighters move around a lot and often train at multiple camps for one fight. Sherdog's records as they pertain to fight camps are far less accurate than fight records, too.

I agree with Silva and some older fighters, but not as much on younger guys for the same reason that I don't use potential at all. Grispi has fallen off, but plenty of commentators believe to be mental. He's young enough that he could bounce back. If you set him for an earlier decline that will never happen. Plus, it pigeon holes him into being the same fighter every single play through. That's good for historical mods when you're trying to get it track reality, but I think this mod is more fun when you have no idea if Grispi is poised to make a comeback or retire. Keep in mind that not checking the peaking young checkbox doesn't mean they can't peak young; it is random how they develop. But ticking that option means they definitely will. So for that I'll probably not use destiny for younger guys.

Agreed.

To calm a few people down after reading this post. I'm smack in the middle of overhauling some fight records. Every fighter I'm adding to the UK/EU update has a full fight record (if their opponent is on the game), all have completely accurate birthdays/debuts etc. I'm also about to start overhauling some of the other guys at Tag's request.

Oh and a ton of prospects from UK/EU are being added now.

Good to hear Damian. A lot of flyweight prospects need to be added too if you could do them as well.

Flyweight's are definitely an area I'm looking to boost up. I've added three UK Flyweight's currently. I should have the entire European Top 40 Flyweight's in this update, the Top UK 20 are almost ready and then with Tag's permission I'll start with other countries too.

Flyweight's are definitely an area I'm looking to boost up. I've added three UK Flyweight's currently. I should have the entire European Top 40 Flyweight's in this update, the Top UK 20 are almost ready and then with Tag's permission I'll start with other countries too.

The link I posted in the the last thread has a lot of prospects that should/could be added, not just flyweights.

Archived