Couldn't find a thread of this nature so if there is one, please let me know.

I'm going through an extensive trial and error process on my first show to try to get a feel of how I should be booking TCW. My biggest success so far is a 'B' rated match between The New Wave and Peak & Law, thanks in large part to both teams having excellent chemistry. When it comes to singles matches though, I'm at a complete loss. I can't for the life of me pull out more than a B- for anything, and even that's a huge stretch. Cornell one on one with any top face is pulling a C/C+ consistently, yet in my SWF game the AI runs similar matches and is pulling out B+ and A matches more often that not.

With this in mind I'm just wondering if there's any tricks of the trade to try to get at least close to what the AI is capable of with these guys.

<p>With TCW the hardest period is always the first 2 or 3 months in part due to the lack of popularity at the top of the card (despite being a performance company) as well as the locker room generally being a mess. My advice for the locker room is to just hire people with positive relationships. Greg Black, KC Glenn, and Cameron Vessey are probably the top 3 options in that regard as they are awesome wrestlers and will all raise the backstage rating.</p><p> </p><p>

Once you have a handle on the backstage you have to focus on building overness from the top down. Cornell is one of the best on the mic, so him and Wolf should cut promos at least once every show, and their popularity will start to rise pretty easily. From there you can have one of the faces beat Cornell on PPV to get them over and have Tommy restart the process again as long as you need to.</p><p> </p><p>

Most people don't tend to do that, and usually book Cornell as the top guy and dominant heel, but for my recent TCW game I chose to book around Wolf Hawkins instead because Cornell can lose and get his heat back pretty much instantly.</p><p> </p><p>

There is a TCW thread <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522415" rel="external nofollow">here</a> for future reference</p>

<p>Showtime's advice is great. TCW is a hard promotion, man. For starters, they are a company that needs time to fix. They signed expensive talent with bad attitudes but most of them are actually pretty decent workers. I fell to Cult with them it sucked but I cleaned up the roster a bit and over the better part of a year I turned things around and now we're number 1 on the world. It's really not hard if you're in it for the long haul.</p><p> </p><p>

The attitudes in the back are a serious problem. While most promotions offer you some slack in this regard, you simply cant afford to make your locker room any worse in TCW. You can't hire a guy with a crappy attitude. At least not right now. If there's indy talent you like I'd put them on your shortlist and wait on them until your backstage rating improves. I would only sign guys with positive relationships or good attitudes from now on. As showtime mentioned, there's guys you can hire to really help out that backstage vibe quickly that will also be great workers. I know Cameron Vessey is a must-sign. Bryan Vessey's too good to let go but bringing in Cameron will neutralize some of his bad vibes. And Cameron was good enough in my game to rise up fairly quickly and he became a main event staple for company.</p><p> </p><p>

Another thing I did was build towards a Syndicate rebirth. Tommy, Wolf, and several mid-to-lowercard heels for the first few months, then you can debut talent if you like the angle long-term.</p><p> </p><p>

Stables are a great way to attach middling talent to top-level mic guys. It will give unknowns a purpose for being on screen with the likes of Cornell and Hawkins. Bringing in the Keiths and putting them into The Syndicate was a big success for me as they went on to hold the tag titles for several months. Both received main event singles pushes after that.</p>

Archived