WWE 2004: The Hangover

Comments on Previous Show: Dang, Nitro and Benoit got a 92! Any kind of chemistry there?

None, actually. They both just have high momentum, coupled with my "Rumble Participants" storyline doing well and Benoit's skill/Nitro's in-ring improvements. It was just the perfect storm of things, I think. Good news for both of them though :)

The bad news for Nitro is that he has negative chemistry with both RVD and Shawn Michaels :/

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
None, actually. They both just have high momentum, coupled with my "Rumble Participants" storyline doing well and Benoit's skill/Nitro's in-ring improvements. It was just the perfect storm of things, I think. Good news for both of them though :)

How much has Johnny Nitro improved by?

D-Von Dudley w/Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Randy Orton

Comment:

Lita and Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus and Melina

Comment:

The Hurricane w/Rosey vs. Lance Cade w/Trevor Murdoch

Comment:

Shawn Michaels vs. Batista w/Randy Orton

Comment:

Ten-Man Tag Match

Winner enters Rumble between 25 and 30, loser enters between 1 and 5

The Rock, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Rob Van Dam, and Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane, Tyson Rude, Johnny Nitro, and The Aristocracy

Comment: As long as The Rock doesn't get pissed off about this, I think you can do a screwy finish.

Comments on Previous Show:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Ten-Man Tag Match

The Rock, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Rob Van Dam, and Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane, Tyson Rude, Johnny Nitro, and The Aristocracy

Comment:

Comment: Orton's going up so keep him going

Comment: Sexual tension: The Storyline!

Comment: Dig Cade and Murdoch though

Comment: By DQ

Ten-Man Tag Match

Comment: Torn on this one, but it would be much easier to write faces facing off vs each other through the first five than heels

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Ten-Man Tag Match

Comment:

Comment: D-Von's a tag team guy. Orton should win this.

Comment: Some tension between Mickie and Lita costs them the match

Comment: Cade and Murdoch could use some momentum and well.. not much really to say about this.

Comment: I see more potential in a win for Batista than Michaels here. Interesting story possibilities if Dave wins.

Ten-Man Tag Match

Comment: Nitro picks up the pin here with RVD taking the fall. I'm just a huge fan of the Nitro character.

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Ten-Man Tag Match

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Ten-Man Tag Match

Comment: so do we want faces getting in 25 to 30 or heels...........

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Ten-Man Tag Match

Comment: The other team is better, and probably has more pop... but if they win, then who should we cheer for the first few minutes of the Rumble? Maybe Kane if he destroys the others... but I think Rude and Nitro are due a strong showing... Guh! I don't know... Such an interesting match...

Comments on Previous Show: EDDIE!! EDDIE!! EDDIE!! :D

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Ten-Man Tag Match

Comment:

Comment: Good night.

Comment: Melina might be the weak link in terms of popularity in this match, and I also feel like something bad will happen at the Rumble to Lita, so she wins with Mickie here.

Comment: Since it looks like The Hurricane is next in line for an Intercontinental title shot, a win here seems likely.

Comment: DQ win and an attack to show Michaels that Evolution is not joking.

Ten-Man Tag Match

Comment: I have a gut feeling about this one.

Comments on Previous Show: Nice to see a new face in Snitsky come up, and helping Matt Hardy! It seems that this year will be huge for him.

Comment: Michaels has to face Batista, while Orton only has to face D-Von? That's hardly fair. I mean, c'mon, it's not even Bubba?

Comment: Gotta get that revenge

Comment:

Comment: I don't see Michaels losing the title, which means he'll lost just before the Rumble.

Ten-Man Tag Match

Comment: Just a guess, at this point

Randy Orton

Lita and Mickie James

Lance Cade

Shawn Michaels

Kane's team

Just quick ones this time as I want to get predictions in as I'm on my way off the computer for the evening. Good SD, was surprised to see Eddy pick up the big win in the main event! And the line about Heymans not being hurt made me literally lol.

How much has Johnny Nitro improved by?

He's improved by about 10-15 points since August in all wrestling areas, he's mainly in the 70s, psychology at 65 and increasing. He's getting there. His charisma and mic skills are keeping him afloat, which is kind of funny since IRL he was kind of bland on the mic.

Comments on Previous Show: Nice to see a new face in Snitsky come up, and helping Matt Hardy! It seems that this year will be huge for him.

Whoever came up with that idea must be a genius :p

Also guys, it seems like there's a bit of confusion. The stipulation in the final match is individual-based, not team-based. So for example, if Kane pins Rock, Kane comes in between 25 and 30, Rock comes in between 1 and 5, and the other guys' placements are not affected. Effectively, the entire match would in theory be chaotic with the potential for partners to pull their own team members off of pins and whatnot. So if you'd like to adjust predictions based on that, feel free.

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Ten-Man Tag Match

Comment:

WWE Monday Night RAW: Week 2, January 2005

http://i.imgur.com/3HPbZ94.jpg

WWE RAW
Monday, Week 2, January 2005

Joe Louis Arena; Detroit, MI

"Across the Nation" plays along with the intro video as Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler welcome the audience to the final episode of Monday Night RAW before the Royal Rumble! They hype the big ten-man tag for later tonight where the man who makes the fall puts himself in pole position in the Rumble. Lawler doesn't think you can bet against Kane here, while Jim Ross only knows one thing - that it will be a bona fide slobberknocker. But not only that, we have "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels in a non-title match against "The Animal" Batista in a match which should surely stir the pot heading into the World Heavyweight Title match at the Rumble.

RATING:
86 (B+)

Notes
: None.

http://i.imgur.com/hcVPzmxs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/sv4Vqlt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/wdhBG1hs.jpg

D-Von Dudley w/Bubba Ray Dudley
vs.
Randy Orton w/Batista

The #1 contender to the World Title kicked off the show, and Jim Ross noted that he probably shouldn't look past a hard-hitting, veteran competitor like D-Von Dudley. Orton's arrogance shined through early on as he went for an early RKO which D-Von blocked. Despite D-Von's best efforts, a distraction on the outside where The Widow Makers attacked Bubba Ray led to a thunderous RKO and the victory for Orton.

Looking quite frustrated, Orton lays the boots to D-Von and kicks his body out of the ring before grabbing a microphone. Short of breath, he cuts a quick promo on the Royal Rumble, saying that "the legacy of 'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels, everything he has worked for in the past decade and a half, is going to die at the hands of 'The Legend Killer'."

RATING:
83 (B+) / 85 (B+)

Notes
: Wouldn't a Batista/Orton Mania main event be interesting?

In the back, Todd Grisham is with
Jeff Hardy
, who's hyping himself up for the Royal Rumble. He says that 2005 is going to be
his
year, and it starts when he wins the Rumble. He's cut off by
"The Masterpiece" Chris Masters
, who has a different viewpoint. He says that he chose the perfect time to come to the WWE, just in time to become the youngest Royal Rumble winner of all-time. He says he's just turned 22 and as of this coming Sunday, he'll have done more in his career than Jeff Hardy's entire life. Hardy gets in his face and tells him he'll see him in the ring this Sunday and we'll see who's the one going to WrestleMania.

RATING:
48 (D+)

Notes

http://i.imgur.com/kl1YIIis.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/KpoRc3Hs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/sv4Vqlt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/9H3biias.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/Pxq7hG8s.jpg

Lita and Mickie James
vs.
Trish Stratus and Melina

This was a rematch from a couple of weeks back, where Melina was able to pick up a nice win over the champion, inserting herself into the title picture. Tensions ran high this time, however, and Trish walked out on Melina, leaving "The Paparazzi Princess" high and dry for a Twist of Fate from Lita, followed by the Litasault!

After the match, Trish looks back at the situation in the ring, having saved her energy for the title match this Sunday. Melina is down and out as Mickie and Lita celebrate their tag team victory in the ring with a hug and they raise each other's arms. However, King notes, Mickie James' wandering eyes do end up fixated on one thing...Lita's WWE Women's Championship.

RATING:
71 (B-) / 62 ©

Notes
: These four had a nice match rating, let's hope the title match is more of the same!

In the back, we have a summit meeting between five teammates for later on tonight; in the posh locker room of the World Tag Team Champions,
The Aristocracy
, their teammates assemble.
Tyson Rude
and
Johnny Nitro
walk in, and Regal is peeved when Rude steps on the rug in the room with his boots, asking him to kick the dirt off outside. Rude glares at him and says "no," as Regal scowls and offers Nitro tea. Nitro also refuses Regal's hospitality, saying they've got business to discuss and he wants to get to it. Warlock, playing a game of chess against no one in particular at the table, notes that they have to wait for "that big red dimwit" to get here from whatever boiler room he's currently inhabiting. At that moment,
Kane
enters the room and everyone just looks at the deranged "Big Red Machine." The "summit" descends quickly into an ego-fest, with each man (besides the silent Kane) stating that they'll be the one to make the fall and win the Royal Rumble, and as a shouting match ensues, Kane is sick and tired of it and he blasts his entire team. He says he just wants to get his hands on The Rock, so everyone had better stay out of his way because they are making him angry - and they wouldn't like him when he's angry. He finishes his tirade with "and Damien...I heard what you said before I walked in," causing Warlock to go pale as a ghost! This team doesn't seem to be on the same page heading into tonight's main event.

RATING:
78 (B)

Notes
: Heels unite? Maybe not.

http://i.imgur.com/oK7PD9Rs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/sv4Vqlt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/CY2xKLIs.jpg

The Hurricane w/Rosey
vs.
Lance Cade w/Trevor Murdoch

We get in-ring action next, as the cowboys looked to regain lost momentum in singles action. Despite his cousin Trevor's presence at ringside, Cade found himself on the losing end against RAW's resident superhero, eating the loss after the Eye of the Hurricane.

RATING:
67 (C+)

Notes

Todd Grisham stands in the back with the entire five-man squad that will team up later on. Each man gets a bit of a statement in, and they all seem to be ready for the Rumble.
RVD and Benjamin
talk about how they missed an opportunity last week, but they can atone for it by getting a late spot in the Rumble here tonight.
Chris Benoit
says in an ideal world, he'll be the one to win, and he'll do it by making Johnny Nitro tap out like he was about to last week.
"Y2J" Chris Jericho
says that he is going to head back to the promised land and main event WrestleMania for the second time in four years, and he's going to do it by embarrassing Trish Stratus's new boytoy Tyson Rude right here tonight. Finally, everyone knows the comments
The Rock
has to say: "The Brahma Bull" is going to whoop Kane's roody-poo candy ass on his way back to Hollywood - and he doesn't mean on the set of yet another blockbuster movie - he means the main event of WrestleMania 21!

RATING:
86 (B+)

Notes
: Who's it gonna be?

After a quick commercial break, we head to a recap video which reminds us exactly how the paths of
"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels
and
"The Legend Killer" Randy Orton
have converged heading into the Royal Rumble; from Michaels' triumphs over Kane and others to Orton's vicious assaults on multiple members of the McMahon family as well as his Battle Royal victory. Before they can clash, however, Shawn Michaels must go through Randy's running buddy, a formidable opponent -
"The Animal" Batista
!

http://i.imgur.com/6PlGUTBs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/sv4Vqlt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/kNpsmiws.jpg

Shawn Michaels
vs.
Batista w/Randy Orton

Orton was on commentary for this matchup as he expanded upon his comments from earlier tonight. While cheering "The Animal" on, Orton took potshots at Michaels, saying that he's beaten him before and will do it again this Sunday. Michaels began to jaw with him as he was hitting Batista outside the ring, and sent a hard slap across the face of his #1 contender! Orton wiped his face and fixed his eyes on HBK. While the story with Orton and Michaels took precedent, Shawn and Batista put on an early Match of the Year candidate - "The Animal" took "The Heartbreak Kid" to the very limit! As Batista looked to hoist the World Champion up for the Batista Bomb, Michaels punched his way out of it and hit Sweet Chin Music! Just as Chad Patton's hand was coming down for three, Randy Orton slid inside the ring and began an assault on the champion, causing a disqualification.

Randy puts the boots to "The Heartbreak Kid" while Batista regains his composure to join in. Shawn, ever resilient, fights back as Jim Ross hypes the heart of the champion. The crowd begins to crescendo as he feeds punches and chops to both Orton and Batista. HBK takes his eyes off of Orton for a split second too long and receives a knee to the rips. Orton grabs him by the air and tosses him over the ropes, gesturing with his hands that he has just 'cleaned up.' What "The Legend Killer" doesn't realize though, is why the fans are now raging - "The Showstopper" held on to the top rope, skinned the cat a la Royal Rumble 1996, and was waiting for the #1 contender to turn around! Before Batista had even realized, Orton had instinctively bumped him in the way of a second Sweet Chin Music! "The Legend Killer" heads for higher ground as he slams his hands on the barricade in frustration. Michaels stares him down and puts his two fingers close together in a 'this close' gesture, and Jim Ross wonders whether Orton will be able to run away this Sunday?!

RATING:
88 (B+) / 98 (A*) / 100 (A*)

Notes
: This feud is sizzling, to say the least. Michaels continues his legendary roll.

In the back,
Trish Stratus
is talking with
Tyson Rude
when the shrill voice of
Melina
interrupts them.
Johnny Nitro
is with her, trying to calm her down, as she threatens Trish for leaving her high and dry earlier on tonight. Nitro's efforts are all for naught, however; Melina grabs Trish's hair and the two get into a scuffle. Nitro and Rude shove each other a bit too as neither can handle their manager. Finally, the two pull Trish and Melina off of one another (to King's dismay), but not before spitting some vitriol at one another. That can't be good...they have to team up in our main event, and it's next!

RATING:
59 ©

Notes

http://i.imgur.com/ChwRFa7s.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/zOBaMoYs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/hlmwAWWs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/AEpongns.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/ikVn0HTs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/sv4Vqlt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/tHC6zCps.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/VeCiVibs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/TkfyguUs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/gnplgzDs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/mMNdi05s.jpg

Winner enters Rumble between 25-30, loser enters between 1-5

The Rock, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, RVD and Shelton Benjamin
vs.
Kane, Johnny Nitro, Tyson Rude, and The Aristocracy

As expected, this match was completely engulfed in chaos. Neither Trish nor Melina accompanied the Rude/Nitro team to the ring due to their differences, which led to tension between those two young superstars. The commentators made a few notes; one being that Kane was the man to enter the Rumble #30 last year and so he knows the importance of such a late number. This would be the first rumble for Nitro, Warlock, and Rude, so entering late would be a boon to them as well due to their lack of experience. And of course, last year's Royal Rumble winner, Rob Van Dam, would
love
a late entry to try to repeat his victory from 2004. The stakes in the outcome also caused tension, especially after a big Chokeslam from Kane to Chris Benoit, when Johnny Nitro had the audacity to break up his own partner's pin, wanting the late Rumble spot for himself! Kane used this opportunity to grab Nitro by the throat and toss him to the other side of the ring!

Both JR and King knew that the end to this match was not going to come without quite a bit of pandemonium surrounding it; and they were correct. With William Regal and Rob Van Dam as the legal men, Tyson Rude broke up a pin attempt by Van Dam. This led to The Rock getting involved in an altercation, which eventually developed into a situation where almost everyone in the match was brawling around the outside! Jericho hit Nitro, Warlock hit Jericho, Benoit hit Warlock, and so on until Shelton Benjamin came flying over the top rope onto Warlock, Benoit, Jericho, The Rock, Tyson Rude, and Johnny Nitro, collapsing the entire pile! But the craziness didn't end here; the entire group of men stood up at roughly the same time - just in time for Kane to come soaring from the top rope, knocking everyone right back down like bowling pins! Van Dam looked to pull an aerial stunt of his own, but Regal was too much of an opportunist. He ran up behind RVD, pushed him into the ropes and looked to rebound with a roll-up, but the flexible and creative Van Dam was able to roll right through with a roll-up of his own, catching the Englishman off guard and somehow picking up the win!

"
" hits and all the groggy men along the outside realize what has happened just as "Mr. Monday Night" himself does - last year's Royal Rumble winner has secured a spot between 25 and 30 in this year's contest, and he's done so just a few miles down the interstate from his hometown of Battle Creek, Michigan! Rob's eyes bulge out of his head as he realizes - the man who won from the #18 spot last year has a chance to shock the world again! Jim Ross exclaims that you can never count out a man with a heart the size of Rob Van Dam, but Lawler expresses his pity for William Regal - poor Regal has to enter between 1 and 5! The ten superstars around the ring all look at each other in disbelief - the Rumble is this Sunday and Rob Van Dam is in pole position!

RATING:
82 (B) / 87 (B+)

Notes
: RVD! RVD! RVD!

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
90 (A)

Notes
: The World Title feud carried this show, with the top three segments all being attributed to that rivalry. Shawn Michaels is on a tear like no other ever since SummerSlam, and this might be the best in-ring work of his entire astonishing career.

Quick Results

D-Von Dudley w/Bubba Ray Dudley vs.
Randy Orton w/Batista

Lita and Mickie James
vs. Trish Stratus and Melina

The Hurricane w/Rosey
vs. Lance Cade w/Trevor Murdoch

Non-Title Match

Shawn Michaels
vs. Batista w/Randy Orton; DQ

Ten-Man Tag Match

The Rock, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Rob Van Dam, and Shelton Benjamin
vs. Kane, Johnny Nitro, Tyson Rude, and The Aristocracy

The current Royal Rumble card is as follows:

WWE Royal Rumble 2005 Card

Sunday, Week 2, January

(card subject to change)

30-Man Royal Rumble Match

Confirmed:
Batista, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Chris Masters, Damien Warlock, Jeff Hardy, Johnny Nitro, Kane, Rob Van Dam, The Rock, Shelton Benjamin, Tyson Rude, William Regal,
Big Show, Billy Kidman, Booker T, Brock Lesnar, Edge, JBL, John Cena, Kurt Angle, Mark Henry, Muhammad Hassan, Rene Dupree, Rey Mysterio, Rhyno

WWE Championship

Eddie Guerrero vs. Christian ©

World Heavyweight Championship

Shawn Michaels © vs. Randy Orton

Casket Match

The Undertaker vs. Luther Reigns

WWE Women's Championship

Lita © vs. Mickie James vs. Melina vs. Trish Stratus

No DQ Tornado Tag Match

The Dudley Boyz vs. The Widow Makers

Prediction Contest Leaderboard

packerman120 - 12

Happy0wns - 12

Kijar - 12

Smasher1311 - 11

jscotty - 11

thebest2427 - 11

Frootloop - 10

Ben_Ditch05 - 9

Russelrules44 - 9

The Lloyd - 9

Midnightnick - 9

crackerjack - 9

Uncrewed - 8

lukess11 - 8

Beejus - 7

BHK6 - 6

AMarc9-8 - 6

The_CoC - 5

Johnny_Boombatz - 4

A widely varied week this time, with scores ranging from 1 to a perfect 5.

I tried something different with the formatting here and went with smaller pictures. Do you guys think this looks better, or the larger pictures?

Only one more show until the Rumble! SmackDown preview is next, as soon as I book the show!

SmackDown Preview: Week 2, January 2005

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/b1a8e5a7c6ff60c5582d32d7b7abfdcb/13871%20-%20logo%20smackdown%20wwe.jpg

WWE SmackDown!
Thursday, Week 2, January 2005

Kemper Arena; Kansas City, MO

We've got just three nights before the beginning of the Road to WrestleMania, but there's a ton of action to come before then! Paul Heyman has announced that due to their transgressions last week, both the Big Show and Rhyno will be in action, but Edge has the greatest punishment - he has to defend his right to be in the Royal Rumble match this Sunday...by taking on Brock Lesnar! Can he stay in the match, or will Heyman foil the opportunity of a lifetime?

Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman are in non-title action, and Matt Hardy defends his Television Title against Ron Simmons! How will the champions fare in their respective matchups?

Find out what happens at 8 pm Eastern/5 pm Pacific this Thursday night on UPN!

Confirmed Match Preview

Non-Title Match

Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman w/Torrie Wilson vs. Scott Steiner and Mark Jindrak

Comment:

Rhyno vs. Rene Dupree

Comment:

WWE Television Championship

Ron Simmons vs. Matt Hardy ©

Comment:

Non-Title Match

Big Show vs. Christian

Comment:

If Edge loses, he forfeits his spot in the Royal Rumble

Edge vs. Brock Lesnar

Comment:

Good luck!

Non-Title Match

Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman w/Torrie Wilson vs. Scott Steiner and Mark Jindrak

Comment:

Rhyno vs. Rene Dupree

Comment: I know you love Dupree, but I just can't see him beating Rhyno

Comment: Simmons is too old for any more titles.

Non-Title Match

Big Show vs. Christian

Comment: Gotta build some momentum into the Rumble

Edge vs. Brock Lesnar

Comment: I can't see you keeping one of your biggest stars out of the Rumble

Comment: Going with chemistry over power here

Rhyno vs. Rene Dupree

Comment: Dupree seems to have something going for him, and Rhyno's likely to get distracted before a dirty win

Comment: DARN

Non-Title Match

Big Show vs. Christian

Comment: Give him something before the rumble

Edge vs. Brock Lesnar

Comment: Can't see one of the top contenders missing the rumble

The small pictures look fine, but I prefer the larger ones personally. Either way is good!

Non-Title Match

Comment:

Rhyno vs. Rene Dupree

Comment:

Comment:

Non-Title Match

Big Show vs. Christian

Comment:

Edge vs. Brock Lesnar

Comment:

Non-Title Match

Comment: Steiner ad Jindrak are an imposing team. Could be a fun combination but Mysterio and Kidman pick up the win.

Rhyno vs. Rene Dupree

Comment: He's the King for a reason.

Comment: Ron Simmons, a champion in 2005, sorry Ron but no.

Non-Title Match

Big Show vs. Christian

Comment: Probably a DQ victory. I just don't see Christian beating Big Show 1 on 1.

Edge vs. Brock Lesnar

Comment: Interesting story with Edge not being in the rumble, could lead to the Rated R Superstar coming out.

Non-Title Match

Comment:

Rhyno vs. Rene Dupree

Comment:

Comment:

Non-Title Match

Big Show vs. Christian

Comment:

Edge vs. Brock Lesnar

Comment:

Non-Title Match

Comment:

Rhyno vs. Rene Dupree

Comment:

Comment:

Non-Title Match

Big Show vs. Christian

Comment:

Edge vs. Brock Lesnar

Comment: