They don't have much going for them, but they don't have much of a downside either.

I've always envisioned bringing in 4 guys to be my current/future main eventers.

Randal Hopkirk - Menacing guy with enough overness to be a top guy early on. Age is a factor.

Man Mountain Cahill - Same as Hopkirk. Envisioning them together using their past history together as backstory. Running them through the ranks trying to take over the promotion while building up a big babyface to combat them.

Roger Cage - He has the mic skills to be the man. Young enough to not be on time decline.

Remmy Skye - I use him for his star power, and the fact that he is willing to do the Extreme, Hardcore matches that PSW is known for.

Thoughts anyone??

You could look at some IPW/GSW guys...Lil Henry, Fro Sure, Frantic Ali. Probably my favorite 3 from those feds right there, but I may be forgetting someone. If you want a pet project, The Silencer has been gold for me when I've used him (admittedly at local, so I can use him more per show).

<p>I haven't played PSW this time around really, but I have toyed with most of the other hardcore style feds.</p><p> </p><p>

Jerry Martin can become a very solid midcarder from what I have seen. He has pretty good entertainment skills and he is willing to do pretty much anything. If you can get away with people that have criminal backgrounds I would suggest Slim V as well as far as free agents go. He can be a good lower midcarder type and is still young.</p><p> </p><p>

Other guys not mentioned from GSW that are worth looking at are Cali Slick, Deaf Touch and Mobstar. All are pretty young and have good upside from my experience. Could maybe do a 'West Coast Invasion' stable with them, Ali and Fro with Fro as the mouthpiece.</p><p> </p><p>

Of the four guys you mentioned bringing in I would say Cahill will honestly be your best bet. Cage and Skye tend to get picked up by the big boys rather quickly. They are worth hiring, but I would use them more to get guys that will stick around more over instead of relying on them to be your big names.</p><p>

Cahill is old, but the few times I have grabbed him he hasn't been on time decline. Hopkirk I like, but he usually retires the first year of most games I play. He does make a good manager/color guy though.</p>

If you want to get to cult with PSW you have to really focus on getting the payroll down. Holding a weekly show to build up popularity is going to take

a serious cutback in salaries. If you stay at regional and hold 1 show a month it is pretty managable but to make progress you have to look at the bottom line. To get the most bang for the buck is basically have your top

2 heels and faces and your grade is very dependant on those matches.

For events 90% match ratio for a 2 hour ppv you can have 4 20 minute matches with throw in the psw national and tag title matches and that is 88 and 28 minutes which is 116 then you can throw in test squash match or maybe try an angle (normally don't work well unless your really carefull)

make a note of guys who are willing to go in deathmatches.

Custom matches and chemistry are your friends.

you want as much risk as possible and based on what the wrestlers are good

at.

PSW is alot of fun imho it has become my goto company in the cverse.

as far as brining in guys Bradley Blaze, Shady K, Kid Toma and Findlay O'Farraday are names that can be usefull

I'm playing as PSW currently, with Greg Black as my avatar (kinda cheap, since he is the biggest in-ring contract on the roster) and decided to stray away from the sex and violence style that ECW and DAVE promoted, so I lowered the Risque level and made it more focused on hardcore brawls. That gave me more talent options, since Bradley Blaze, Ernest Youngman and KC Glenn (though I didn't sign KC) would sign for me now. It's one minor change that makes a big difference...

Literally the biggest issues PSW has is money and backstage ratings, both of which can easily be fixed. I usually create a 'Pittsburgh Rules' match as my default, which is a No-DQ, Falls Count Anywhere match...Low/Average Content Risk, and the fans are happy, plus the conservative workers won't refuse to participate.

PSW is a lot of fun...and is easily the best hardcore fed in the game.

<p>Although perhaps not entirely in the spirit of PSW, my best run with the company came as a result of grabbing a bunch of USPW cast-offs and turning them into hardcore indie darlings. After Sam Strong retired, they released Freddie Datsun, Darryl Devine, Natural Storm, and Mick Muscles. I signed them all. </p><p> </p><p>

Datsun and Muscles were the only reasonable hardcore guys, but the rest matched up with workers like Greg Black or The Future is Here. Devine and Muscles feuded in the main event for a full year while Howard and Rayne put a shot in the tag division's arm. Their relatively high popularities boosted my card results up considerably.</p>

keep it local, make your own stars. Don't hire too many guys unless they are young, younger and less popular means cheaper and they will be around longer. Steven Parker is easily the best hardcore talent, liberal and all. Hire Sayeed Ali and he is perfect for hardcore. Fire guys you don't need and try not to exceed the ideal roster number. Hire liberal guys if you want to have super hardcore matches, avoid conservatives (which many of the best in the game are)

Archived