I know some people don't play with owner goals enabled, but for a random challenge you can't beat having them on. For example, I'm just starting a new SWF game and got one to keep Steve Frehley's momentum above 77 for the next year-and-a-half! I am usually terrible at these sorts of goals, and wasn't thinking that Frehley would be the centerpiece of the game. Now he will have to be. Should be interesting to see if I can actually pull it off and and what expense to the momentum of the rest of the roster.

So I was wondering if there were stories of owner goals that were either tough or changed the direction you had for the game, and whether or not (or for how long) you were able to keep up with them?

<p>My toughest goal was actually a combination of two of them.</p><p>

In my last EWA game, Byron expected:</p><p> </p><p>

A) That I reach Cult within two years.</p><p>

B) That I increase our bank account to $750,000 in two years.</p><p> </p><p>

Those two just aren't compatible with one another, given that you need to hold about 30 shows in those two years just to hit Cult, and the </p><p> </p><p>

Mediterranean region is low enough that you won't be making any money off it right away. And to have to raise a half a million dollars on top of that?</p><p> </p><p>

I haven't played that game in a few weeks, but I focussed on the second goal and all my minor goals and just let him down on the first one. I survived a potential fire, but barely.</p>

<p>started a new promotion in Dallas with Mark Cuban as my owner. We were Cult to start out with and had no one on the roster, so I was free to grab who I wanted... and then he said they couldn't be older than 35. </p><p> </p><p>

In the end, it was fantastic as I found several great matches from people I might have missed out on previously.</p>

My toughest goal was actually a combination of two of them.

In my last EWA game, Byron expected:

A) That I reach Cult within two years.

B) That I increase our bank account to $750,000 in two years.

Those two just aren't compatible with one another, given that you need to hold about 30 shows in those two years just to hit Cult, and the

Mediterranean region is low enough that you won't be making any money off it right away. And to have to raise a half a million dollars on top of that?

I haven't played that game in a few weeks, but I focussed on the second goal and all my minor goals and just let him down on the first one. I survived a potential fire, but barely.

Once you hit Cult the money should be coming easy though. Im at 2+ mil banked in about 2 years being Cult.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Purple Cowboy" data-cite="Purple Cowboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36789" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know some people don't play with owner goals enabled, but for a random challenge you can't beat having them on. For example, I'm just starting a new SWF game and got one to keep Steve Frehley's momentum above 77 for the next year-and-a-half! I am usually terrible at these sorts of goals, and wasn't thinking that Frehley would be the centerpiece of the game. Now he will have to be. Should be interesting to see if I can actually pull it off and and what expense to the momentum of the rest of the roster. <p> </p><p> So I was wondering if there were stories of owner goals that were either tough or changed the direction you had for the game, and whether or not (or for how long) you were able to keep up with them?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had that goal except for Remo in my SWF game and that changed my plans for the game. Remo won nearly all the matches in the first 2 years of my game and even got a title reign. At first going to keep him as some type of bodyguard for first two years... He only lost 10 out of 75 matches he had in those two years, and only to guys with better popularity than him. Only two singles losses was to Angry Gilmore, other losses happened in tag matches.</p>

<p>I don't know if anyone is interested in the progress, but since I'm tracking it card-to-card here's Frehley through the first episode of Supreme TV:</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: I'll just update this post rather than spam this thread multiple times. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Supreme TV Jan Week 1 2013</span></strong></p><p>

</p><ul><li>Angle: Frehley arrives at the arena (6 mins, overness) 86<br /></li><li>Frehley & Jack Bruce d. Squeeky McClean & Enforcer Roberts (15 mins) 83<br /></li><li>Angle: Remo & Vengeance hype match with Faith & Frehley (6 mins, off-screen, overness) 80<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Frehley Watch:</strong> momentum stays at 92, POP rises slightly from 80 across USA to 5 regions now at 81.</p><p> </p><p>

* * *</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Supreme TV Jan Week 2 2013</span></strong></p><p>

</p><ul><li>Angle: Video recap of Frehley & Bruce defeating McClean & Roberts on last Supreme TV (6 mins, overness) 76<br /></li><li>Angle: Frehley & Jack Bruce brawl backstage with Remo & Vengeance (6 mins, overness) 83<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Frehley Watch:</strong> Momentum stays at 92, POP is now at 81 in 8 regions of the USA. Struggle for Supremacy storyline with Faith, Remo & Vengeance has remained at 82 momentum.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Booking Notes:</strong> <em>It seems I've already messed up the overall picture just two shows into the save. The last Supreme TV before When Hell Freezes Over opened and closed with Frehley in angles, but without him in the ring I forgot I wanted him in three angles, and I could have done more to get Remo & Vengeance looking stronger going into the PPV. In fact, the Main Event of the TV show was Rich Money getting a tainted win over Angry Gilmore thanks to interference from Eric Eisen which gave a nice bump to the Anger Management storyline up to 85 from the starting 68. So going into the PPV, Gilmore vs. Eisen is the hottest storyline in the company. Marat is also now in the storyline as Eisen's "insurance policy." Not what I had in mind, but that's what I booked. Nervous about a 22-minute tag match headlining the PPV (Frehley & Faith vs. Remo & Vengeance), might have to consider putting them as co-main with a possible Rich Money vs. Lobby main event to get Money ready to be Frehley's next opponent. After losing to Remo in week 1, Jungle Lord went over John Greed. Squeeky McClean and Joe Sexy (both losers last week) teamed up to beat the Awesomeness in a dark match.</em></p><p> </p><p>

* * *</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">When Hell Freezes Over PPV Jan Week 2 2013</span></strong></p><p>

</p><ul><li>Angle: Recap of Frehley at last two Supreme TVs (6 mins, overness) 75<br /></li><li>Frehley & Christian Faith d. Remo & Vengeance (22 mins) 83<br /></li><li>Angle: Frehley & Faith Celebrate (8 mins, overness) 82<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Frehley Watch:</strong> Momentum drops from 92 to 91, POP jumped to 85 across the USA, with three regions at 86. Struggle for Supremacy storyline with Faith, Remo & Vengeance remains at 82 momentum.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Booking Notes:</strong> <em>I still have to look at the overall roster, but accomplished what I wanted with Frehley getting a nice POP bump and Rich Money remaining strong as Frehley's next challenger. Have to do some storyline swapping, as Vengeance will likely drop down to face Lobster Warrior when Money comes up to the World Title storyline.</em></p>

Archived