KennyWan's NCAA Division I-AA Mod

Hey guys I've completed my Division I-AA mod, and the link is below. Please place suggestions, comments, and all ideas/criticisms in this thread ONLY. Included are all teams with their correct cities, mascots, stadiums and stadium capacities, and logos. I haven't gotten to adjusting the bowl games to a playoff only format, so the entire slate of D 1-A bowl games is still in use. All team prestige ratings are based on a weighted average system developed using the Gridiron Power Index (GPI), which is similar to the averaging system used in determining the BCS system in Division I-A. GPI ratings from 2002 to 2005 were used, with the weights on 2005 being more than those from 2002, giving as accurate a depiction of the highs and lows in D I-AA. Adjustments to prestige ratings will be done if I made a mistake in transferring information into the file or if a team is grossly under/over rated. So, with all that said, download and enjoy! Also, if there are any problems with downloading the file or if anyone would like to host this file, please contact me either using this thread, PM, or email. [url]http://files.filefront.com/Division_I_AAzip/;4564727;;/fileinfo.html[/url] KennyWan Chizoate

Guys Below is the link to Version 1.1 of my Division I-AA mod for BBCF. A list of the new features/changes: -All team colors set rather than black & white -All team helmets are in the "black" helmets folder rather than logo helmets (courtesy of The Helmet Project) -Adjusted bowl games to include only nine playoff sites -Added logos for all playoff games For those of you who don't want the actual helmets in the "black" area, I did leave my original logo "black" folder. Simply rename that folder to "black" and you'll have the logos rather than helmets. This will probably be the last major modification to this file unless anyone comes across a gross problem that must be fixed. As before, any and all criticism, issues, or recommendations are welcome, so feel free to post here any problems you might have. [url]http://files.filefront.com/Division_I_AA_11zip/;4574489;;/fileinfo.html[/url] KennyWan Chizoate

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
It's been awhile since I played this game but have all the correct information in the Div. II folder. Once I get into the game, I'm not having any luck on the first page as far as creating a league? Can you please walk me thru the steps. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Just a quick note to anyone who wants/needs this mod. It can be downloaded at Mark Cooley's Bowl Bound site, [url]www.bowlbound.net[/url] under the downloads section. I hope to update this mod soon to the 2007 conference alignments and add the teams that will begin playing in D IAA in '07. Also, anyone wishing to host this file elsewhere, feel free to do so. KennyWan

Just a quick note to anyone who wants/needs this mod. It can be downloaded at Mark Cooley's Bowl Bound site, [url]www.bowlbound.net[/url] under the downloads section. I hope to update this mod soon to the 2007 conference alignments and add the teams that will begin playing in D IAA in '07. Also, anyone wishing to host this file elsewhere, feel free to do so. KennyWan

• 2 months later...
Are you going to allow the top 16 teams to head to the playoffs as opposed to all conference winners? For instance, I play as an Atlantic 10 team and was ranked in the top ten in all polls, but left out of the playoffs because I didn't win the conference. Meanwhile, the A10 usually sends three or four teams to the playoffs in real life.

• 6 months later...
Sorry about the absolute and utter missing of my January update date. Maybe I should take a cue from Arlie about not giving a date. I'm going to start next week on adding/moving teams in conference. After that, I had a few complaints about the balance of the prestige, so I'll work on that a bit as well. Perhaps after I'm through, we'll gauge the interest of a Division I Playoff Subdivision online league. KennyWan

[QUOTE=kennywanchizoate;265124]Sorry about the absolute and utter missing of my January update date. Maybe I should take a cue from Arlie about not giving a date. I'm going to start next week on adding/moving teams in conference. After that, I had a few complaints about the balance of the prestige, so I'll work on that a bit as well. Perhaps after I'm through, we'll gauge the interest of a Division I Playoff Subdivision online league. KennyWan[/QUOTE] I'd love to have a league with division I playoff subdivision teams! count me in, [email]southernwebb04@yahoo.com[/email] or southernwebb04 on TSW

• 2 months later...
So, I was hoping to use this mod to start up a I-AA dynasty but I am in a online league that uses the Division 1 league teams/confernces. So, I am wondering if I install this mod it will overwrite the Division 1 teams ? Is there a way to have both and switch between them?

yes, just take his pstats.dat file and extract it somewhere else on your cpu. Rename the one in BB to something else, then move the 1AA one in there and rename it back to pstats.dat (or setup.dat) whichever it is. As far as your online league, it has no bearing on that; just defines the teams that are used to create any new league in your game.

I am assuming that playing this league whether in single player dynasty or in the online league you guys are running that the option for players to declare early for the draft is turned off to NO? I me I have never heard of a 1AA playing declaring early especially considering most never get drafted.

Archived