WWF 1994: The New Generation

Monday Night Raw

July 1994 Week 4

Arrowhead Pond--Anaheim, CA (South West region)

Fans in attendance: 13,690

Dark:  Kwang defeats PJ Walker (39)

Dark: Crush defeats Scott Taylor (50)

Dark: The Rock & Roll Express defeat Double Trouble (56)

Dark: Duke Droese defeats IRS (58)

Raw opening video package featuring The Superstars of the WWF: Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Razor Ramon, Owen Hart, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, and Shawn Michaels. (79)

Jim Ross and Randy Savage, tonight’s commentary team, discuss tonight’s main event: Lex Luger vs Owen Hart for no.1 contendership to Bret Hart's WWF Championship. (73)

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/luna_zps07979ae7.jpgIn a short match,The Powers of Pain w/ Luna Vachon defeat The Bushwackers. The Powers of Pain are back with a new warpaint scheme and a new manager, Luna Vachon. It's clear that they are looking to establish themselves as one of the WWF's premiere tag teams. (52)

Ted DiBiase introduces his Undertaker… "No matter what that overweight, pale, creep Paul Bearer has to say, make no mistake! The man behind me IS The Undertaker. Even death himself as a price for The Million Dollar Man! Hahahaha!" (78)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XlYgyWgglfA/UOssO9hr_HI/AAAAAAAAGEY/C0ubPiTKduY/s1600/Picture+11.pngTed’s Undertaker defeats the big Typhoon without much of problem. Just as he begins folding his arms over the big man, the lights in the arena go dark and an ominous bell tolls. All fans in attendance recognize the sound and begin cheering! (44)

With the lights still down, a strange bluish glow and fog fill the entrance way. JR and The Macho Man remark how an old, familiar chill has filled the arena. Paul Bearer comes out clutching the Urn. "Oh Yes! The Day of Reckoning is nearly upon us! Ted DiBiase, you and your impostor will pay! The Undertaker is getting stronger! Oh Yes! He's nearly here!" (71)

Vince McMahon is in the ring with WWF Champion Bret Hart. Vince wants to know Bret's thoughts on Gorilla Monsoon's decree that either Owen Hart or Lex Luger will be named number one contender tonight. Bret comments that it doesn't make much difference to him. Bret has said for a long time that Luger is a great competitor. "and when it comes to Owen, well what can I say? Owen and I haven't seen a lot of eye to eye lately. That's no secret. I'm at the place now where if Owen's the number one contender, than so be it. I have a score to even up after WrestleMania X anyway. Whether it's Owen, Lex Luger, or any other superstar in the World Wrestling Federation, I'm out to prove one thing: I'm the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be!" (66)

Tonight's Semi Main Event is a big 6 Man tag match featuring Razor Ramon, The 123 Kid, and Tatanka taking on Intercontinental Champion Diesel, Shawn Michaels, and the mighty Yokozuna. The crowd is definitely into this hotly contested, star-studded contest. Tatanka plays the part of desperate hero who can't get the tag in the early going as the heels cut off the ring and make frequent tags. 

Eventually, with the California faithful behind him, Tatanka makes the hot tag to Razor Ramon who cleans house with a series of punches to Shawn Michaels and Diesel. Meanwhile, Yokozuna has begun chasing the 123 Kid around the ring! Tatanka and Shawn Michaels begin squaring off in one corner while The Bad Guy piles on the Intercontinental Champ in the opposite corner.The frantic action comes to a head when Razor Ramon puts Big Daddy Cool down cleanly with a devastating Razor's Edge as the Arrowhead Pond erupts! (77)

Kings Court: "The King" Jerry Lawler introduces this week's guest, all the way from Music City, USA, the biggest sensation in country music, Double JJ, Jeff Jarrett! Jarrett comes to the ring with his guitar, arrogantly strutting to a chorus of boos! He begins with:"You know something King, when I started in the country music business, there was a ton of old farts like George Strait, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings....they all called me an arrogant,upstart smart ass! In fact, they talked a lot like "the Macho Man" Randy Savage..." The camera pans to The Macho Man's face at the commentary table. At first, he initially makes no move. From behind his colorful cowboy hat and trademark sunglasses, he gives no indication to his reaction.

Jarrett turns in the ring so he's facing Savage directly and continues: "That's right Randy...I'm heard everything you've been saying about me. It's a coward who talks from behind the safety of the commentary table..."

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/788338c96e0101dc5a42de6d851752af/1346%20-%20macho_man_randy_savage%20pointing%20wwf.png

This gives all the motivation that Savage needs. He stands up, and begins stripping off the hat, glasses, and jacket. He grabs a microphone: "Maybe I didn't quite hear you quite right...yeah...because it sounds like to me that you're calling me a coward..."

Never one to back down from a fight, Randy Savage drops the microphone and slides his way into the ring, getting in the brash, young Jarrett's face. Jarrett continues:"You're damn right I'm calling you a coward! Just like those old farts in Nashville, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings...you're washed up, old, and way past you're prime. You're jealous--"

Savage has heard enough and seizes Double J by the coat. When seemingly out of nowhere, a fan has slipped into the ring and attacks Savage from behind! Savage falls to the ground. Jarrett grabs his guitar,  winds up, and waits for the veteran to get back to his feet. Jarrett smashes the guitar over the Macho Man's head and he crumbles in a heap! Jarret and the unidentified man hug in the ring and celebrate! (76)

Following the brutal attack on the King's Court, Vince McMahon has replaced Randy Savage on the commentary table for the Main Event: Owen Hart versus Lex Luger with the winner facing Bret Hart for the WWF Championship!

Owen comes out and is instantly greeted by a chorus of boos! Clearly, the fans in attendance are firmly in support of the American Made Hero, Lex Luger.

The match begins with two circling  looking for an early advantage. Owen starts building heat by refusing to tie up with obviously stronger Luger. Every time Luger tries to start the match, Owen retreats for a rope break or goes to the floor to be comforted by Jim Neidhart. 

After playing enough games, Luger grabs a microphone: "Are you here to wrestle me or act like a buffoon in front of all these people? Owen, stop acting like a baby and get in this ring and wrestle me like a man!"

Owen acts infuriated on the floor and charges into the ring. Blinded by his anger, Luger quickly dodges Owen wild attack and takes control of the younger Hart brother in the early going. As Luger is coming off the ropes, "The Anvil" trips him from the floor. This enough for the referee to throw Neidhart out of the arena! But it's also all the opening "The King of Harts" needs to turn the tide and change the tide of the match in his favor.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_trending/public/video/thumb/2012/11/nov2012_gm_13.jpgEventually, much to delight of the fans in the arena, Luger battles back again. After exploding out of the corner with his signature clothesline, Luger begins calling for the Rebel Rack! Shades of last week, it seems Luger is destined to wrap this one up and secure his position as number one contender!

Just as Luger grabs the whiny Hart brother, Owen slides down his back, and shades of WrestleMania X, pushes Luger into the ropes and takes over with roll up and holds him down for the 3 count victory(79)

After the match, Owen grabs a microphone: "Bret! Did you see that Bret? Did you see what I did?! I became the number one contender for your precious title! Bret, you can't run from me anymore! In fact, I want you at SummerSlam Bret. I want you in Madison Square Garden where I beat you at WrestleMania and where I will be you for your championship!" (81)

Overall Show Grade: 77

Ratings: 5.82 USA Network .11 RTL .94 Sky

Superstars

Santa Monica Civic Auditorium--Santa Monica, CA (South West Region)

2,000 fans in attendance

Dark: Hakushi (debut) defeats The Black Phantom (39)

Dark: Pettengill peddles merchandise (25)

Dark:  Ted DiBiase’s Undertaker defeats “Sparky Plugg” Holly (52)

Dark: Tatanka defeats Rick Martel (57, seriously another bad chemistry note for Tatanka! He can't wrestle with anyone!)

Superstars Open Video Package featuring Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Randy Savage, The Undertaker, Diesel, and Razor Ramon (76)

IRS opens the show in the ring. He cuts a promo on the crowd, calling them "tax cheats" and such. This brings out Lex Luger who interrupts the annoying tax agent and defends the fans. The two agree to meet later tonight in the main event (65)

Koko B. Ware defeats Kwang when Adam Bomb causes a distraction by stopping Harvey Wippleman's interference (49 Adam Bomb officially makes a face turn which went pretty well)

Replay from King’s Court involving Double J attack on Randy Savage after a mystery man joing in from the crowd. Jim Cornette reveals that his sources informed him that the mystery man was in fact Jeff Jarrett's Roadie.(71)

We cut to a prerecorded backstage promo from the reunited “Powers of Pain” with their new manager, Luna Vachon. Luna insists that these two men are the most fearsome tag team in the WWF and issues a challenge to the current tag team champions, The Headshrinkers (64)

Tag Team Title Match: The Headshrinkers defeat Well Dunn to retain the Tag Titles (58)

Jim Ross and Jim Cornette announce that by order of Gorilla Monsoon, Bret Hart will face Jim Neidhart next week on Raw! (72)

Main Event: Lex Luger defeats IRS (68)

Overall Show Rating: 68

.32 Medium US Syndication

<p></p><div style="text-align:center"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px">From the Pages of WWF Magazine</span></strong></p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:12px">August 1994 Edition</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><p> <a href="http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/August1994WWFMagazine_zps55f44589.jpg" imageanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/ringrider/August1994WWFMagazine_zps55f44589.jpg</span></a></p></div><p> </p><div style="text-align:left"><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36912" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Comings and Goings:</strong><p> </p><p> With Shane McMahon increasing his role behind the scenes, it would seem that personal moves are slowly accumulating. Various reasons have been given for why the company is moving on, but we can confirm that over the past month the WWF has released or let the contract expire of the following wrestlers, personalities, and backstage officials:</p><p> </p><p> -Jeff Warner</p><p> -JJ Dillon</p><p> -Jack Lanza</p><p> -Hugo Savinovich</p><p> -Dave Hebner</p><p> -Dan Marsh</p><p> -Madusa Miceli</p><p> -Mike Shaw</p><p> -Cheif Jay Strongbow</p><p> -Duane Gill</p><p> -Jim Powers</p><p> -Lord Alfred Hayes</p><p> -Rich Myers</p><p> -Tony Chimel</p><p> -Barry Hardy</p><p> -Lou Albano</p><p> -Koko B Ware</p><p> -Ricky Morton</p><p> -Robert Gibson</p><p> -Virgil</p><p> </p><p> On the other side of the coin, there’s a much smaller list of new workers and officials have joined the company:</p><p> </p><p> In ring Performers: </p><p> -The Warlord</p><p> -BG James</p><p> -Jinsei Shinzaki</p><p> </p><p> Backstage Officials:</p><p> - Kevin Von Erich has agreed to come on as a Road Agent for the foreseeable future.</p><p> </p><p> The contract of Jerry Lawler and has been extended and are expected to be part of WWF programming for the foreseeable future.</p><p> </p><p> WWF Magazine can confirm that WWF is actively scouring the globe for other potential signings. The general feeling is that with the expansion of Raw by an additional 30 minutes, more midcard talent will be needed to maintain quality programming. That being said, bother father and son McMahons are in agreement on a strategy of fiscal responsibility must be taken when hiring new talent. They refuse to bring in a slew of new workers without clearly defined creative plans. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36912" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>SummerSlam Preview:</strong><p> </p><p> It’s looking more and more like the SummerSlam Card is rounding out. WWF Magazine can confirm the following matches:</p><p> </p><p> Already Announced Main Event: WWF Champion, Bret Hart will defend the title against little brother Owen Hart in a 60 Minute, Iron Man Match. </p><p> </p><p> WWF Magazine is hearing rumors that “interim president” Gorilla Monsoon has been exploring a number of candidates for the job of “special guest referee!” The rumors are running rampant as more than a few “big names” have been tossed around Titan Towers. </p><p> </p><p> Additionally, it would appear that Randy Savage will return to in-ring action to face Jeff Jarrett.</p><p> </p><p> Look for Diesel will defend the Intercontinental Championship against either Razor Ramon or Shawn Michaels. All three workers are expected to have a big part in this match and the booking committee has been said to be wavering on a few different ways for this angle to be played out.</p><p> </p><p> It should come as no surprise that The Undertaker will square off against Ted DiBiase’s impostor. The idea of a Casket match has been mentioned, but nothing has been made official as of the writing of this article. </p><p> </p><p> With the time constraints of the Iron Man match, it is expected that some adjustment will need to be made to the card to showcase some of the other talent that lack clear programs at this time. The higher-ups at Titan Towers are said to have met with pay-per-view executives to discuss the idea of a “Free for All” pre-show to air before event and showcase some other talent and “blow off” some minor feuds.</p><p></p></div></blockquote></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:left"><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36912" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>“The Dirt”</strong><p> </p><p> It can be heard from many pockets of Titan Towers that Shane McMahon has an ever increasing role in the company. Many in both the office and locker room have been relevantly happy with the way Shane has handled his increasing responsibilities. That being said, it is understood that Shane has some "heat" with a few of WWF's top stars. It is said that both Diesel and Lex Luger have been unhappy with new regime. Apparently Shane and Diesel have heat building following multiple instances where Diesel has been caught with illegal drugs at Raw tapings. Meanwhile, it is said that Lex Luger has been unhappy with several key losses he suffered over the last few weeks of programming. While the incidents in both cases are said to be minor, one locker room veteran has been quoted saying "where there's smoke, there's fire..."</p><p> </p><p> The young McMahon's backstage battles may not be limited to the locker room one source is saying. Vince McMahon, while having been predominantly happy with many of son Shane’s creative choices during the lead-up to SummerSlam, major heat is building between the two regarding a controversial angle that Shane is pushing for at the big event. If the details of the angle can be worked out, our sources say that a “major story line” will be in store for the a large part of the main roster and will force booking decisions all the way through Wrestlemania XI! Our sources say that Vince is not in league with Shane’s vision and the two remain far apart on a compromise. </p><p> </p><p> More on this situation as it develops...</p><p></p></div></blockquote></div><p></p>

Raw and Superstars Preview:

Raw:

Pierre w. Johnny Polo vs. Jacques Rougeau

Bam Bam Bigelow and The IRS w/ Ted DiBiase vs. The Smoking Gunns

Jeff Jarrett vs. Adam Bomb

Gorrilla Monsoon makes an announcement regarding The Main Event of Summerslam

Rick Martel vs. The 123 Kid

Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart vs. Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Superstars:

The Powers of Pain w/ Luna Vachon vs. PJ Walker and "Spark Plug" Holly

Pierre w/ Johnny Polo vs. Adam Bomb

Shawn Michaels vs. Bob Backlund

Fan Signs:

Comments on last show:

Prediction Standings:

Russelrules44: 3/3

Destiny: 3/3

Beejus: 7/11

RKOwnage: 6/10

TheBooker: 4/7

Smasher1311: 5/7

BestForTheBusiness: 4/7

<p>Raw:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Pierre w. Johnny Polo</strong> vs. Jacques Rougeau</p><p> </p><p>

Bam Bam Bigelow and The IRS w/ Ted DiBiase vs. <strong>The Smoking Gunns</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><strong>Jeff Jarrett</strong></strong> vs. Adam Bomb</p><p> </p><p>

Gorrilla Monsoon makes an announcement regarding The Main Event of Summerslam</p><p> </p><p>

Rick Martel vs. <strong>The 123 Kid</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart vs. <strong>Bret "The Hitman" Hart</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Superstars:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Powers of Pain w/ Luna Vachon</strong> vs. PJ Walker and "Spark Plug" Holly</p><p> </p><p>

Pierre w/ Johnny Polo vs.<strong> Adam Bomb</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Shawn Michaels</strong> vs. Bob Backlund</p><p> </p><p>

Fan Signs: Pierre La PHOOEY!</p><p> </p><p>

BAM BAM YOUR WAY TO VICTORY!</p><p> </p><p>

PJ: HIS TIME IN NOW!</p><p> </p><p>

Oh, oh, SCREW YOU SHAWN!</p><p> </p><p>

Three Mile Island Explosion Survivor!</p>

<p>Raw:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Pierre</strong> w. Johnny Polo vs. Jacques Rougeau</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bam Bam Bigelow and The IRS</strong> w/ Ted DiBiase vs. The Smoking Gunns</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jeff Jarrett</strong> vs. Adam Bomb</p><p> </p><p>

Gorrilla Monsoon makes an announcement regarding The Main Event of Summerslam <strong>Loser can't get another title shot?</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Rick Martel vs. <strong>The 123 Kid</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart vs. <strong>Bret "The Hitman" Hart</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Powers of Pain</strong> w/ Luna Vachon vs. PJ Walker and "Spark Plug" Holly</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Pierre w/ Johnny Polo</strong> vs. Adam Bomb</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Shawn Michaels</strong> vs. Bob Backlund</p>

<p><em>Pierre</em> w. Johnny Polo vs. Jacques Rougeau</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Bam Bam Bigelow and The IRS</em> w/ Ted DiBiase vs. The Smoking Gunns</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Jeff Jarrett</em> vs. Adam Bomb</p><p> </p><p>

Gorrilla Monsoon makes an announcement regarding The Main Event of Summerslam</p><p>

<em>Cage match, likely.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Rick Martel vs. <em>The 123 Kid</em></p><p> </p><p>

Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart vs. <em>Bret "The Hitman" Hart</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>The Powers of Pain</em> w/ Luna Vachon vs. PJ Walker and "Spark Plug" Holly</p><p> </p><p>

Pierre w/ Johnny Polo vs. <em>Adam Bomb</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Shawn Michaels</em> vs. Bob Backlund</p>

Monday Night Raw

August 1994 Week 1

Reunion Arena--Dallas, TX (Mid South region)

fans in attendance: 12,946

Dark: Bob Backlund defeats The Black Phantom (55)

Dark: Stane Lane defeats Barry Horrowitz (52)

Dark: Todd Pettingill warms up the crowd...kinda (17...might be getting time for Todd to find his next endeavor)

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac36/ChristopherTrester/WWF/Rossinterview.pngRaw opening video package featuring The Superstars of the WWF: Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Owen Hart, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, and Ted DiBiase (76)

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsL/tve75252-19940829-1877.jpgJim Ross and Jerry Lawler, filling in for Randy Savage after suffering a brutal attack last week, are ringside. They discuss tonight’s Main Event: Bret Hart vs. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. Additionally, Gorilla Monsoon will make an announcement regarding the SummerSlam Main Event and Owen Hart’s number one contender spot tonight. (77)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BFs5d3nVLyw/UcHlwzXuLdI/AAAAAAAACA0/vBEkRt9O_Cw/s1600/wwf_survivorseries1993_razor.jpgThe sounds of car brakes screeching brings Reunion Arena to it's feet as Razor Ramon comes out with a microphone. He wants to know what a guy has to do get an Intercontinental Title shot around here. 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5BgP8dHprVM/ULVfuAh-wDI/AAAAAAAAEDI/zpVy7eorGlo/s1600/Picture+6.pngDiesel and Shawn Michaels are not far behind as they come out with microphones of their own. Diesel says "Razor, you're all out of shots. There will be no more shots. You just don't seem to get it, do you? Every time you mess with Shawn and I, it ends badly for you! You're days with the Intercontinental Title are over!"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q0orVxHgeCQ/UNzpenRQO2I/AAAAAAAAGCc/vTb8U9VLfKE/s1600/Picture+8.pngFinally, this brings out Gorilla Monsoon. Gorilla says that someone needs to challenge Diesel for the belt at SummerSlam. "If not Razor Ramon, maybe another former Intercontinental Champion? How about Shawn Michaels!?" The crowd pops! Gorilla continues: "Shawn and Razor both have a pretty good track record with that title...so next week they will face off with the winner facing Bid Daddy Cool at SummerSlam. Oh, and Diesel, you are banned from ringside!" The segment ends with camera focusing in on an irate Diesel. (67)

http://img.youtube.com/vi/8mVzuKYXOvY/0.jpgThe opening match features the on-going rivalry of the former Quebecers: Jacques Rougeau and Pierre Ouelette. The one-eyed Pierre, being accompanied by his annoying manager Johnny Polo, snarls at a fan holding a sign that reads "Pierre La PHOOEY!" 

The match opens up with the former Canadian Mountie, Jacques Rougeau, firing away on his bigger opponent. He's clearly got a score to settle and bringing all the Maple Leaf fury he has to offer. After a trip from Johnny Polo from the ring floor, Pierre takes control of the match. It's not for long however as the match ends when Jacques Rougeau defeats his former tag-team partner with a Boston Crab. (54)

Following the match, we cut to a prerecorded video. Paul Bearer is in the casket workshop. While The Undertaker is not shown, his presence is felt as a menacing shadow is cast on the wall and the rhythmic sounds of hammering is heard. Bearer says "Oh Ted DiBiase! You are the man who has everything! What's a better gift for the man who has everything than a box to keep everything in? Oh yes, Million Dollar Man! A very special box is being made for you and your impostor! SummerSlam is only 3 weeks away and your time to rest is nearly here!" (73)

As if on cue, DiBiase's signature theme plays as he escorts his Million Dollar Tag Team, Bam Bam Bigelow and The IRS to the ring. Ted laughs joyfully as he passes by a fan holding a sign reading "BAM BAM YOUR WAY TO VICTORY!"

Out next is the one the young exciting tag teams in the WWF, The Smoking Gunns. The heels control the majority of the match under the guidance of DiBiase from the floor. It isn't long until Billy Gunn makes the hot tag to his brother Bart bursts into the ring cleaning house with big right hands! Bart makes the tag to Billy and they nail the Sidewinder on the IRS and surely should have the three count. The crowd begins to reign down "boos" as theirs no referee to make the count on account of Ted DiBiase's presence on the ring aporn. The distraction allows Bam Bam Bigelow to make a cheap shot from behind and score the tainted win! (58)

Following a commercial break, the light are low and a dramatic spotlight shines on the entrance way. "The Roadie," Jeff Jarrett's new sidekick has a microphone. He asks the Texas crowd to welcome "the man who took out the trash last week by knocking out that old fart Randy Savage, the Greatest Country Singer of All Time....J-E-Double J, J-A-Double R-E-Double T, Double J, Jeff Jarrett!" (68)

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/af3fff0e0fa02329bfe67c9c89fa5ec9/5389%20-%20road_dogg%20sunglasses%20the_roadie%20wrestlemania%20wwf.pngJarret struts his way down to the ring as the Roadie buzzes around him with a water bottle and towel. The Texas crowd boos loudly for the annoying country "star."

The crowd begins to cheer when Jarrett's opponent, Adam Bomb is introduced. The camera pans to a fan in crowd holding a sign saying "Three Mile Island Explosion Survivor."

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xSXsfvgsDoM/hqdefault.jpg

After some back and forth action, it would seem the menacing favorite, Adam Bomb was had the match well in hand. After strategically placing a guitar on the ring apron, The Roadie began taunting the big man getting the attention of both Adam Bomb and the referee. Jarret quickly snatch the guitar and, in shades of his attack on Randy Savage last week, Jeff Jarrett smashed the instrument over the head of Adam Bomb for a cheap 3 count. (56)

Next, Vince McMahon brings out “interim president” Gorilla Monsoon for a major announcement concerning the SummerSlam Main Event and the state of the WWF Championship picture. Gorilla says that Bret Hart will defend the WWF Championship against his brother Owen in the Main Event at SummerSlam in a 60 Minute Iron Man match! (61)

http://oi45.tinypic.com/r94a68.jpg

The next bout of the evening saw some exciting in-ring action when the 123 Kid defeated Rick Martel. The Kid has been on a hot streak as of late following his big upset victory over Yokozuna. (Jerry Lawler continually reminds the audience that it was a count-out win only). (61)

But the bigger fireworks came post match, when Yokozuna came to the ring to face the scrappy underdog and settle some unfinished business following the Kid's count out victory a few weeks ago. The 123 Kid is not intimidated by the larger man. Perhaps he should have been because Yoko brought the youngster down to the mat with a vicious overhand chop. He then began dropping a series of leg drops on the WWF's ultimate underdog. Before being pulled away by WWF officials, Yokozuna punctuated his devastating attack with a giant Bonzai drop! (89)

http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/153/455/769/GR7wQUF1BwNaP1t.jpgJim "The Anvil" Neidhart with Owen Hart at his side is introduced first to a resounding boo from the Dallas fan base. The ever popular WWF Champion, Bret Hart, is introduced first. Before Bret can even get into the ring, his former Hart Foundation partner is all over him, pummeling him to the delight of Owen mocking Bret from the ringside floor.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZLUEbIRU9lEWUiseBN-DThe rough and tumble Anvil slaps a big bear hug around the champ and continues to control the tempo of the match. With Dallas crowd firmly on his side, The Excellence of Execution begins to battle his way out by pounding Neidhart with a series of right hands. 

Like we've seen so many times before, Bret begins to go to work on The Anvil, take him down with a signature side Russian leg sweep. Owen jumps on the apron to try and tip the tide back into the heel's favor, but Gorilla Monsoon himself comes down and ejects The Rocket from the ringside area!

It's a wrestling clinic from there on out as Bret puts away Neidhart with Sharpshooter! (77, which I'll gladly take seeing they were slapped with bad chemistry)

Show Rating: 76

5.78 USA Network .96 Sky .10 RTL

Superstars

Dallas Sportatorium-- Dallas, TX (Mid South Region)

2,000 Fans in attendance (Sell Out)

Dark: Men on a Mission defeated The Broklyn Brawler and “Iron” Mike Sharpe (41)

Dark: Well Dunn defeats The Hardy Boyz (35)

Dark: Hakushi defeated Reno Riggins (36)

Dark: Crush defeated Duke Droese (52)

Superstars Opening video featuring: Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Randy Savage, Owen Hart, Diesel and Shawn Michaels. (78)

Shawn Michaels cuts a promo, ignoring the sign in the crowd that says "SCREW YOU SHAWN!". He says he wants the title and he will defeat Razor Ramon on Raw next week. He and The Big Man are on the same page about this. He’s going to prove it tonight against Bob Backlund. (78)

The Powers of Pain w/ Luna defeated PJ Walker and “Spark Plugg” Holly (51)

The video of Paul Bearer in the casket shop threatening Ted DiBiase replays (73)

Pierre w/ Johnny Polo defeated Adam Bomb after Kwang interfered (50)

Todd Pettingill interviews The Smoking Gunns. They said they want revenge against The Million Dollar Corporation following their loss on Raw last week. (61)

A video package reviewing Owen Hart’s Raw promo from 2 weeks ago and Gorilla Monsoon’s Iron Man match announcement. SummerSlam has a major main event. (79)

Shawn Michaels defeated Bob Backlund (83)

Final Show Rating: 75

.33 US Medium Syndication

Archived