(HYPE THREAD) July 1999 Mod

BETA VERSION 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wh60gwsp0q7y6dm/July+99+Beta+1.rar

Uploaded November 28, 2013

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am currently working on a mod for TEW13, set in July of 99.

The reason I chose that particular date, is because I wanted to be able to play XPW from the beginning. So naturally, what I've started working on is XPW.

The promotion itself is in the game, and I'm now working on adding everybody that ever worked for them. At last count, I've got 175 different workers that need to be included.

There are a couple of reasons why I have started this thread. The first is to let everyone know that it is coming, and to keep progress updates for anyone interested.

The second reason, is that TEW mods are daunting tasks, and to make the game world as complete as possible, I was hoping to include some other people in the making of this mod. What I'm going to do is let people know what I need help with, and go from there.

After I get the XPW workers all included, I'm going to make up worker lists for other promotions and see if anyone wants to work on those.

So the first thing that I am looking for help with is, just anybody who knows XPW well enough to give some input. There are a bunch of guys that are extremely hard to find information on, so if anyone wants to help out with XPW, just let me know.

I'd also like to thank Genadi for allowing me usage of his 2001 mod for the purpose of importing workers. It will be so much easier to do tweaking on most guys instead of having to build it from scratch.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="franticloser" data-cite="franticloser" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36919" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you going to be adding the SPW invaders? CJ Kurze, Christina Von Eerie, Sir Samuri, and Timothy Thatcher?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Von Eerie and Thatcher, I remember being on my list because of their participation in the latest reunion show. The other two, I can't remember off the top of my head, but if they were there also, then yes.</p><p> </p><p> In fact, these are people that I am going to need some help with, because I was searching for info on Thatcher, and all I can come up with is videos and text results. So if you wanted to help out in any way, I would really appreciate that.</p>

<p>Thatcher, is one of the most overlooked guys in wrestling. He is based in Sacramento, was the APW Internet champion for quite a while. He is an amazing technician and can brawl and go hardcore with the best. As far as hard stats I am not to good on that. But he deserves to have the stats of some of the better indie workers. </p><p> </p><p>

He has had several WWE try outs, and the only reason they haven't signed him is because they have to many Brits already.</p><p> </p><p>

This is a video with both Dante(now CJ Kurze) and Thatcher</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/9n31rEPM4Hs?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Supreme Pro Wrestling 13 Year Anniversary Cjay Kurz Vs Timothy Thatcher"></iframe></div></div>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Just a quick update here.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm sitting at 27 workers currently, and have begun adding workers to my "To Do List" from the history of All Pro Wrestling.</p><p> </p><p>

Once I hit 100 workers, I will release the first Beta version, to get feedback from the community. The only thing I can guarantee is that XPW will be playable from the beginning in the Beta. The initial XPW roster is in and contracted to the promotion. I will make sure that there are enough refs and backstage workers to run the game, and I'm hoping to manually add in all of the venues which the promotion has run.</p><p> </p><p>

As for right now, I'm going to throw up a list of guys I need help creating, or need some solid info on. If you want to create the workers and contribute, that would be fantastic. Otherwise, what I really need is the biographical stuff. The statistical side of things can be handled with internet videos and whatnot if I'm unfamiliar with their ring-work.</p><p> </p><p>

The list:</p><p> </p><p>

Dante</p><p>

Jerome Robinson</p><p>

Joey Dynamite</p><p>

Piloto Suicida</p><p>

Raphael Muhammed</p><p>

Rising Son</p><p>

Shooting Star</p><p>

Steve Pain</p><p>

Timothy Thatcher</p><p>

Ultra Taro Jr</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

For Franticloser: if you have any of the biographical info for the SPW guys, I would appreciate that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BurningHamster" data-cite="BurningHamster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36919" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Piloto Suicida I am pretty sure was in my old 1996 mod (for 2010) if you want to grab him from there. Lucha guy who worked california a lot if I recall.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That would be awesome, man. I downloaded it, and if you don't mind, if I find other guys in there that I need help with, would it be cool if I imported more than just Piloto Suicida?</p><p> </p><p> Info on lesser known indy guys from this time period is pretty scarce these days... which is weird, being that the internet provides the perfect place to house all of this info. Even places like Cagematch and Obsessed with Wrestling are pretty lacking now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gabriel" data-cite="Gabriel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36919" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That would be awesome, man. I downloaded it, and if you don't mind, if I find other guys in there that I need help with, would it be cool if I imported more than just Piloto Suicida?<p> </p><p> Info on lesser known indy guys from this time period is pretty scarce these days... which is weird, being that the internet provides the perfect place to house all of this info. Even places like Cagematch and Obsessed with Wrestling are pretty lacking now.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah man, import whatever you like. I know how hard it can be to research these guys sometimes especially when a lot of the web content regarding wrestling from the late 90s/early 2000s has disappeared.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>This, to me, as a big fan of what if WCW WWF scenarios, is massive. While knowing nothing about xpw , this time period is also quite significant as it probably to me marks the last point at which WCW could legitimately be rescued and turned around.</p><p> </p><p>

Talent like Benoit, Guerrero, Jericho etc are still there, Goldberg is still young and Lesnar is due to debut in the game world soon. It could make for a very fun game indeed.</p><p> </p><p>

One issue in this respect is that I believe, having read his book, that Jericho's contract was to expire in July. I believe that he signed for WwF just before week 1 July begins but that his contract expired end of July. I wonder if this means fort he mod purposes that Jericho is at wcw with 29 days left in his contrct or if he is a free agent or at wwf?</p><p> </p><p>

This time period is definitely a great idea as I guess it will appeal to the indie fans and the mainstream fans. I wonder - when importing workers are you going to rescale their popularities and stats to make sure the mod plays realistically (I'd suggest looking at Derek b mod making guide) and are you going to focus on modifying only or mainly the xpw workers?</p>

<p>I'm modifying the popularity and stats of workers as much as I can.</p><p> </p><p>

Guys who hadn't debuted as of July of 99 have zero popularity everywhere, and I'm dropping stats to account for the fact that they still have growing to do to get to where the other mod makers had them.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm getting close to being ready to release the first Beta version. It's not going to be super awesome, will feature 100 or a few more workers, 4 promotions are in the game (though only XPW has all the workers they need for July of 99).</p><p> </p><p>

I'll be releasing multiple beta's over the course of putting this together, to help get input on stats and other things from the community.</p><p> </p><p>

The reason for that, is because I've noticed that there are very few mods where the mod maker doesn't show some kind of bias to their favorites or least favorites, and I want to avoid that as much as possible.</p>

<p>The first Beta version is up. Link is: <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/download/wh60gwsp0q7y6dm/July+99+Beta+1.rar" rel="external nofollow">http://www.mediafire.com/download/wh60gwsp0q7y6dm/July+99+Beta+1.rar</a></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

There are 100 workers, with 1 user character as well. It's playable, but it's only really so that I can get feedback and stats and the such from the community.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

So please post feedback so that I can address it going forward.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Also, if anyone is interested, I am now going to accept help from people, now that there is a base to work off of. What I'm looking for, is for people who want to get their favorite promotions in the game. Let me know which promotion you're interested in, and what I'll do is compile a list of the workers that we'll need for you. I want to do it this way, to avoid too many duplicates throughout the process, as I am keeping a spreadsheet of everything that's being added.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Enjoy.</p>

Archived