[help] 1970

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One question. If memory serves, wrestling in Britain was contested under the "rounds" system, instead of falls. And the AWF (American Wrestling Federation) adapted that system for the American audience. How are you going to address that in this mod?

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to address it. It's simply up to the player if they want to stay true to the times or not and could have every match "Two out of Three Falls" if that's what they desire, especially in Dynasties. I believe we had a similar chat earlier in this topic in regards to Disqualifications as in a lot of promotions, it would be a Disqualification if Wrestler A threw Wrestler B over the top rope. I obviously can't do anything to address it but if people want to imagine that's how it works or write it into any possible Dynasties, then that'll obviously be great.

Mid America or Nick Gulas promotion and Gulf Coast will be a pain. If I recall they have several titles that reaches back into the 20's to 50's. With several title changes as well.

To be honest, each is as difficult as the last; the actual numbers are of course the most tedious thing but they aren't the most troubling. xD Finding accurate (or as much as possible) information and pictures is the more difficult thing, not to mention finding workers who're still wrestling and having to add them to the database. The longest I've done thus far is the NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship with an impressive 173 title lineages dating back to the 1930s so I don't expect GCCW or Mid America to offer me much more in terms of difficulty, although that may be famous last words. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Just a quick one to inform you that I'm right, bang in the middle of Hollywood Wrestling's titles which is the thirteenth of the twenty-eight promotions in the USA so I'm almost exactly half way through the American promotions. Plus, five of the remaining fifteen promotions are "Yet to Open" so of course their titles won't take very long at all considering they won't have a title history. I know I say it every time, but we're really close to completion and an eventual BETA release. In fact, I've finished what will be my release post with all the information you'll need to play and a little back story on the game world, that's how close we are. :)

I did it last time so I'll do it again, the numbers are as follows: "Workers" are now up to 858, "Titles" are up to 161 and "Title Lineages" are up to 2,965.

One last thing, if anyone has any ideas for a cool/catchy name for the moderation other than "That 1970's Mod..." then I'm all ears. ;)

Update: Just a quick one to inform you that I'm right, bang in the middle of Hollywood Wrestling's titles which is the thirteenth of the twenty-eight promotions in the USA so I'm almost exactly half way through the American promotions. Plus, five of the remaining fifteen promotions are "Yet to Open" so of course their titles won't take very long at all considering they won't have a title history. I know I say it every time, but we're really close to completion and an eventual BETA release. In fact, I've finished what will be my release post with all the information you'll need to play and a little back story on the game world, that's how close we are. :)

I did it last time so I'll do it again, the numbers are as follows: "Workers" are now up to 858, "Titles" are up to 161 and "Title Lineages" are up to 2,965.

Hot damn! :D WOOOHOOO!!!!! :o :O :o Can't WAIT for release! :D This and the 1985 Mod are the two I want the most!!!! :D

One last thing, if anyone has any ideas for a cool/catchy name for the moderation other than "That 1970's Mod..." then I'm all ears. ;)

Hmmmm.....I like Jaysin's suggestion of "Territory Daze"! :D

• 2 weeks later...
*poke* Hey Mammoth! :D How are the title lineages coming along?

Yeah, sorry about the lack of updates recently. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the Pacific Coast Athletic Corporation (PCAC) so I have ten promotions left to finish. Since the last update, 'Title Lineages' stalled somewhat because I (stupidly) decided to go through every 'Companies' product. As the 'Companies' were the first thing I did, I couldn't get over the fact that the products may have been slightly out of whack because I didn't have much knowledge on them when I first started. However, after filling out their rosters and reading up on the many territories/promotions - more than any man should - I feel like I have a better grasp on what made them tick so now believe each and every product is correct, give or take a little. So yeah, 'Title Lineages' took a back-seat for a couple of days, way longer than I expected it to take, but I'm now back to work on the championships and with a bit of luck they'll be finished by the end of the month or early November. In December, it'll be a year since I started this thread and therefore started this moderation. :D

Okay, things have developed quite rapidly over the last couple of days and I'm now putting the finishing touches on Western States Sports (the Amarillo promotion) so that leaves me with the World Wide Wrestling Federation and World Wrestling Association, so that's how close we are. As I've said many, many times I'll then put some effort into expanding some of the other areas of the moderation like 'TV Networks' and 'PPV Carriers' before filling out some of the big name "Yet to Debut" workers who'll debut in the next five years or so. Then we'll finally be in a position whereby I can release the BETA. Unfortunately, the Football Manager 2015 BETA has been released so I can't promise progress will be quite as quick as it's been since the last update, but I'm still predicting either mid-November or early-December. :)

Archived