Damage treshold for Low-Medium-Hard Move Levels

FINisher

Hi Adam,

I'm having a slight problem in WreSpi III with the fact that you can put an opponent to zero HP by spamming low level moves that have high CoH; The usual headbutts, knee bars and so on. You can pretty easily put your opponent to zero HP in any match in the game by just spamming the simple moves into oblivion especially if you have some traits that boost those moves CoH even further. Unfortunately I'm that kind of player who will use the option for easy victories if the game mechanics allow it.

I've talked about this in a thread where D-Lyrium answered that spamming low level moves will affect the match rating but even though the match is poor, you still get the basic XP from it. Also the benefit for having a great match is just too little in my opinion so it's not even forth trying. It's far better to win by any means necessary. So here's my suggestion for an improved match mechanics:

* After the enemy has fallen to Medium level HP (yellow colour) and the option for using Medium Move Level moves comes available, only Medium ML (Move Level) moves will do damage. Low ML moves will however affect the momentum and the condition of a body part just like they do normally but they will not lower the enemy's HP if he has hit Medium or even worse HP.

* .. And thus, when the wrestler has hit Low (Orange) HP, now the opponent HP can only be lowered by Hard ML moves and so on.

This would not only make the matches longer but also make the matches way more interesting as it would force you to attempt to hit those lower CoH moves in order to defeat your opponent. In my almost 500 matches with a RtL wrestler I've only lost under 30-40 matches which to me makes the game feel too easy.

I'm not suggesting that this should be implemented for everybody, I'm suggesting that there should be an option for a harder, 'Ironman' mode in the game for us veteran players who love a bit of a challenge. As of now, the game mechanics just feels too easy to manipulate in order to get good results.

<p>When possible I always use the highest level move possible but transition wise and stamina wise that isn't always possible. 10% increase to hit is huge.</p><p> </p><p>

If I couldn't deal damage with face rake and rear chinlock I would lose a lot of matches.</p><p> </p><p>

Other than the stamina I think that the higher level moves are usually better. Medium level moves and above for example automatically lower momentum.</p><p> </p><p>

If you're always winning with low level moves you probably could always win naturally progressing to higher level moves barring stamina issues and transition moves.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, there's already sort of an ironman mode. Larger wrestlers are easier because of super moves like fisherman's suplex. Wrestler size is a bit like a difficulty slider. Also, brace counter is really good.</p>

<p>This only works against bad workers.</p><p> </p><p>

High level workers have a ton of health and would go down one percent at a time.</p><p> </p><p>

Good luck spamming like 10 moves in a row on a guy like Kikkawa or other high level workers with high stats + stuff like iron will.</p>

Archived