Academic Issues

So I haven't got far in the game, but just lost my starting LG (and best player on the OL) due to having a low GPA. I put 15 hours into him in week one and he still fell behind and was suspended in week 2.

So what I want to know is whether he is now suspended for the entire year? Or just until the next academic checkpoint. It says they occur in weeks 3,6,9 and 12.

It's kind of confusing to me. Especially since the way its going I'm going to run out of all my study hall hours by week 3, and I'm having difficulty understanding a good tactic to handle this.

I don't want to turn this feature off, I want to experience it, but if I keep losing top quality guys along with injuries then it might have to be switched off. (Although I like the academics feature). If the guys are normally only suspended for a 3 week period and then have a chance to come back then I might be able to handle it. Then it adds some drama if a dude flunks in week 12 before the bowl games.

Although being at LSU, I doubt any high profile athletes would be missing any game IMO. :)

no. the way it works is each academic period they have a chance. They may stay suspended or they may be able to come back. it depends on their work ethic and intelligence.

The way I do it is for positions where I am deep, I let the man get suspended or spend only a few hours on him so I can save my hours for the positions I am truly in need. I am not afraid to let a stud player get screwed.

Offensive Coordinator comes into this so much because most players who get suspended were drafted with low GPAs. if you have a good OC you can then pursue less stud players, but those who have higher GPAs and won't flunk out. they will come into the program with lower attributes, but won't have low GPAs.

I remember one season nobody on my O line had sub 3.0 GPA. it was ****ing great

Thanks William. I had a search and read somewhere a good rule of thumb is to put 10 points into some with intel and work ethic over 50 and put 15 points into someone who has less than 50 in Intel and work ethic.

I've had 5 starters in trouble and ended up with 3 suspensions in week 2. Starting LG and starting CB. I'm deep at CB so that's good but my OL will suffer.

Hell, you don't need that much. That's just wasting it so early in the season. You will need those points mid season and down the stretch. The most I usually ever do is 11 and that's when I am low at that position and desperate for that player.

Since you are deep at Cb i wouldn't even bother giving the starting CB any points. Let the next man step up to do it.

How is the rest of your O line

• 2 weeks later...

also, all suspensions are lifted at the end of the season for the bowl games. So you can use all your points at week 9.

It seems realistic too - even though you put a ton of effort (10-15 pts), the kid can still fail. I lose a stud DT or OL every season to grades. Now when I recruit, I pay attention to his GPA and that plays a factor on who I recruit. (Instead of loading up on guys who hover around a 2.0, I make sure I get some guys on the depth chart that I know will be able to play)

Good point Olympia.

I just noticed something else. Which is probably a bug. A player who has been suspended is able to play on the week of the subsequent rounds of suspensions.

E.g. If a player gets suspended in week 3, the next chance he gets to be reinstated is in week 6, however, you can actually play him in a week 6 game, whilst he is still technically suspended. This means that in effect suspensions only last 2 weeks/games rather than 3.

Due to this bug, a player that is suspended in week 3 and again in week 6 but reinstated in week 9 can still play week 3, week 6 and week 9. This effectively means he is only held out weeks 4,5,7,8.

Archived