Best Rookie-to-Legend attempts

I was curious to see how other people are doing in their Rookie-to-Legend games. My first attempt had my luchador, El Guapo, rumbling in the indies for two years before finally getting a gig at IPW. Two botched storylines later and he was thrown back into the cold.

I'm going to make another attempt. Does anyone have any motivational stories?

I also toiled on the indies with my current RTL worker - basically a less-talented Adam Cole-type named Jeremiah Sloane - for two years before hitting MAW. I've succeeded in two storylines there, but I've already doomed myself to at least a neutral in my third, if not an outright failure.

I created a RTL and had moderate success I'd say.

His name was "The American Heartthrob" Adam Rose. He was a middleweight wrestler who had a style of Brawler, Technician, and Cruiserweight. I worked the indy scene for about a year in a half before I was picked up by RIPW and was beyond happy that someone picked me up. In all honesty I was not the best worker but I did my best to improve his all around game and be successful in my storylines. Well I lasted about half a year with a few successful story lines before hitting the indy scene once again.

I didn't quit even though greatly pissed off haha. Another year in the indies seemed to be exactly what I needed because I was picked up by NYCW the second time around. My run with NYCW was great as I went toe to toe with Whistler on numerous occasions and the veteran was a major challenge always hard to beat so my skill wasn't great. A few wins over him and 3 successful storylines saw me make my way to the Tri State Championship. Sadly, I never amounted to the main eventer I wanted to become but being a solid mid card worker didn't hurt.

I play this game every single chance I get and being home due to family issues has allowed me to be enveloped so deeply into this game and I am proud to say that I am now apart of USPW though I'm not a major part darn it I made it. I have roughly 8yrs of experience and I think I'm gonna call my somewhat successful career quits and start over, but that's my Experience.

Side note: Whistler is the oldest toughest opponent I ever had. Oh and Rocking Ryan freaking Turner.

• 3 weeks later...

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y443/Eidenhoek/thisiswhatido_zps1403211b.png

Mind you, I save-scummed hard to win every match and every bonus point I could. I did recently get some bad attribute after a match, but I won it so I don't care.

Point is, Angry Gilmore retired. I should have went to TNA. TCW.

Edit: It's just 5k, not 7.5k. Which is saddening and yet makes a bit of sense, I suppose.

Edit Edit: Main event of SWF; had a Legendary Reign with the NA title this year I think. Might have been last year. Right now I'm tag teaming a lot for somewhat-easier matches while I get better skills. Everything's 600 at least, but...yeah, I hate large guys ._.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y443/Eidenhoek/whoibe_zpsb904124b.png

Edit Edit Edit: Yes, I know, my striking is low. This is my first save, I think, so I believe I went regular wrestler over Puroresu (or...what was the other one that worked. MMA Crossover?)

• 1 year later...

Currently in the middle of a resurgence of interest in the game recently after losing my last dynasty save, and I gotta say I think I'm in the middle of my most enjoyable playthrough yet. Playing as this Randy Orton-esque wrestler by the name of Garrett Thomas, an impressive athletic young stud learning the ropes currently in his rookie year. Have only lost two matches so far, both in the first month of the game before I decided to apply a couple of Con-Attributes to give myself more XP points to further develop his skills and have been successful ever since. It's October 2014 right now and I've been participating in several tag team matches at this point, yet to take the next step in popularity until I deem myself ready.

http://s15.postimg.org/gt5ksqiyj/Garrett_Thomas_Main_Screen_October_2014.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/t92amhcaj/Garrett_Thomas_Skills_and_Attributes_October_201.jpg

Archived