ENW: Endless Night Wrestling

So i decided i wanted to start my own Company, named above. Starting out i signed a roster of about 20 wrestlers to Pay-Per-Appearance contracts. I'm doing an Event once every two weeks. My first two shows rated E+, D- (In that order.

I have no champions (no one has any momentum so what's the point of having champions yet).

A lot of the guys i have are big problems backstage and my backstage rating is 46%.

I started 4 storylines that have yet to get off the ground.

Do you guys have any tips for people i should sign/What i could do to make my shows better?

- What kind of product are you running?

- What size/popularity is your company starting at?

- Where is your company based/located?

- How much money do you have?

Heavy Traditional/Mainstream

Cult (Losing Popularity very quickly)

New England

a little Over 1 Mil

I lost about 1,500 in my first month (not as bad as i thought it would be)

Cult is a pretty hard level to start at with a created fed as none of the workers available to hire have enough Overness to put up the kind of ratings you'll need to maintain your current popularity. With that being said, if your money holds out it can be done.

So my first piece of advice is: Don't fret about losing pop for the first few months. As long as you have good workers, you should be able to halt the slide and then start building up again. Put on good matches and angles, and your workers will build overness, and that will improve the match and angle ratings, which will build more overnesss, etc...

Same thing for your storylines. They'll develop heat as your workers get more overness and improve their match and angle ratings.

Rather than running two events a month, you may want to get a TV show. I'd recommend trying the smaller National Pride network. At cult you should be able to get a 90/90 (revenue/production splits) deal with them. If they won't accept that, try going for a worse time slot.

You'll want to identify which workers you really want to push (the ones with the best mix of talent, Charisma, Star Quality, and good personality) and sign them to written deals asap (especially if you go for TV).

And last, of course, you want to improve your backstage rating (which at 46% must be really hurting your shows). Here are some things you can do:

- change your backstage rules. Spring for catering, a masseuse, and organising transport/accomodations.

- FIRE anyone who is a very negative influence, even if they're a good worker.

- Fire anyone who is a negative influence who isn't a potential star.

- Hire friends/relatives/mentors/protoges of your current workers.

- Hire people with positive personality traits. A few names I can suggest are Nigel Svensson and Hailey Booke (both of whom should be cheap hires). For more, I believe there's a thread somewhere on this forum which lists everyone in the C-Verse who is a positive or negative influence, but generally you should be able to see at a glance who's going to be helpful. Humble, Generous, Compassionate, and Social are all very good traits, as are Naive and Loyal.

I just released a handful of people. I kept Hollywood Brett Star, Grunt, and Acid all mainly because i like them even though they are negative influences,

i have to wait two month before i can get a TV Show. I had just finished February last night. I thought a TV show would be a bad idea.

My Idea's for Pushes are:

Mainstream Hernandez

Remmy Skye

Rockin Ryan Turner/Stan Manna

Silver Tiger

Does that seem good/bad?

I'm losing about 40K a month now, How do i stop this?

Cut 40K in costs?

Sounds stupid, but basically cut whoever you don't need to get even at the end of the month. If you have PPA deals and you run multiple shows a month, think about signing the most used ones to written deals to reduce money spent.

also, take preference to written workers due to their lower costs.

With PPA, have smaller shows with less wrestlers on the show card. Run shorter shows to force yourself to have less matches/angles.

If you want to keep a PPA star hot between shows, book him in off-screen angles and not on-screen.

Since you seem to be running a performance over pop fed, try making sure the people in your main event have good Psychology, and Stamina. I always run 20+ minute main events, between any collection of my best workers.

Momentum can be built up rather easily, just think of it like a snowball as far as wins and losses are concerned.

It might be alot easier to start a local fed with a decent starting bank that way you can focus on enjoying your shows/stories and continuously grow. Either that or start with TCW/SWF to learn how to manage a bigger promotion. In my opinion, a huge or a small fed would be easier than a middle of the road promotion. Also read the help file for a lot of helpful info. It truly is important to read that. I'm sure someone already said what im saying and I didn't really give you groundbreaking info, but I hope it helps. :)

Thank you for the help guys, I restarted and did the same thing (Little bit different of a roster). I have my four Main Eventers on Written deals, and no one else is getting paid anymore than 900 a show. Most are around 500

What are your four main eventers making? Because it sounds like you're almost using my financial principles when it comes to the undercard. Which is sound as far as keeping payroll down but it should be noted I haven't played a company above Regional in about seven years.

What are your four main eventers making? Because it sounds like you're almost using my financial principles when it comes to the undercard. Which is sound as far as keeping payroll down but it should be noted I haven't played a company above Regional in about seven years.

Acid: $6,270 per month

Mainstream Hernandez: $5,450 per month

Snap Dragon: $6,510 per month

Steven Parker: $3,990 per month

I made a profit in the first month this time, by $9,000 so it's going better

Thank you for the help guys, I restarted and did the same thing (Little bit different of a roster). I have my four Main Eventers on Written deals, and no one else is getting paid anymore than 900 a show. Most are around 500

That's pretty much the best thing you can do.

Keep cycling the undercard too, have one or two gain momentum and make them lose against one of the main guys to keep his momentum and popularity high.

If momentum gets too low, release the midcarders and hire new cheap guys/rinse/repeat.

So if this were me and my training fed games, I might just barely be able to fit Parker's contract on my roster. By like 10 bucks a month. And you're able to get him for just a shade over what I've given a less talented Bob Casey on his last contract in games past. If I could theoretically afford one of your low Cult-level main event contracts, I'd say that's pretty good payroll management. Especially if those figures are for decent lengths of time.

So if this were me and my training fed games, I might just barely be able to fit Parker's contract on my roster. By like 10 bucks a month. And you're able to get him for just a shade over what I've given a less talented Bob Casey on his last contract in games past. If I could theoretically afford one of your low Cult-level main event contracts, I'd say that's pretty good payroll management. Especially if those figures are for decent lengths of time.

Yeah, i signed all of my main eventers to anywhere from 4 to 6 year deals.

So i just finished Month number 3 ($55,000 dollar profit) but my wrestler's aren't getting anymore popular, any help?

Two things:

They probably are getting a bit more popular but it's slow and might be less than a point after only 3 shows. This game is about long-term plans not short term effects.

Have you given solid win streaks to anyone yet? Im guessing that most people have won and lost at least once. And that no one has beaten more than 1 big name on your roster. You won't gain pop unless you're beating someone the fans also care about.

Think about it in film terms.

Yes. Your Jedi may have won his last 3 fights but if it was over Jarjar Binks, some droid and Anakin's mum who cares? In TEW terms this means you wont get over by beating nobodys. The fans expect you to beat them so it doesn't change their opinion about you. This is why you cant push everyone. You need to feed some people to others or it'll just be a zero-sum game.

Two things:

They probably are getting a bit more popular but it's slow and might be less than a point after only 3 shows. This game is about long-term plans not short term effects.

Have you given solid win streaks to anyone yet? Im guessing that most people have won and lost at least once. And that no one has beaten more than 1 big name on your roster. You won't gain pop unless you're beating someone the fans also care about.

Think about it in film terms.

Yes. Your Jedi may have won his last 3 fights but if it was over Jarjar Binks, some droid and Anakin's mum who cares? In TEW terms this means you wont get over by beating nobodys. The fans expect you to beat them so it doesn't change their opinion about you. This is why you cant push everyone. You need to feed some people to others or it'll just be a zero-sum game.

That makes perfect since, the only problem i'm running into is Acid doesn't ever want to lose and i signed him to a five year written deal.

Also, three month, 7 events and 2 TV shows so far, not just three shows

That makes perfect since, the only problem i'm running into is Acid doesn't ever want to lose and i signed him to a five year written deal.

Also, three month, 7 events and 2 TV shows so far, not just three shows

That's fine with Acid. Just push him. Let him beat everyone else and look great and you can enjoy those great matches for 5 years once his pop gets up [it will!].

You need to make him your focus though. Put him in 2-3 angles per show and a good, long match (top or second to top on the bill every show) and he'll rise up. Your job now is to establish him - not just leap to having him have credible challengers. Make sure your fans know he's the star and then he can start having some close feuds. If it were me I'd have him go undefeated for at least a year.

It's not helpful now but this is why you don't want to go handing out long, written contracts yet. No point. You're likely to grow fairly quickly and outgrow people you thought would be a star for you for ages. SO get them on 3 month contracts. Maybe a year for a really big name.

What's the worst that can happen with someone on a PPA? He gets signed to a written by a big company? That's only a problem if you've got someone up to real high pop already which you wont be able to do for a while (it takes time). Until then the advantages of a flexible roster far outweigh the worry of losing people to the big companies.

In fact the big companies generally operate on a one-in-one-out basis anyway. So if they do hire someone you can replace him with whoever they let go.

Mainly people hand out loads of written contracts because they';re seen as better and they can. Look at how many posts on these boards are "I've signed too many workers and now I've lost direction". There are loads of shiny workers who look and sound cool but you can't have them all at once.

Archived