Football Game recommendation

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a decent American Football sim.

I did look at BBCF, but I wasn't sure that the price tag was justified for an almost 8 year old game.

I tried looking at Front Office Football, but the interface looked so ugly that it put me off.

I know OOTP have a game out next year, but thats next year

As a Brit, I really dont know all that much about college football, but know a little about NFl (Got the Kansas V Green Bay game on in the background now :D)

Will not knowing much about college ball hamper me from playing?

Edit - apparently i previously installed it and now cant run the trial. is there a way to reset that, otherwise its definitely a no-go

The game is overall excellent, but its age is showing. Now for you not being a huge fan of the college game you might not be up on all the changes in the conferences and the newer teams that have been added. While I still love playing this game, it does take away that I don't have a game that reflects the current College Division 1 set up. There are ways to tweak things but I am not savvy enough to do that and I haven't seen anyone else post anything that brings the conferences up to more of a today's world.

The trial is a date sensitive based trial so if it has expired, about the only thing you can do is deleting it and trying to reload the trial. Not sure if it can block you or not from that.

It is a good game although there are sometimes some crashes (have a season backed up) and I do like the aspect of recruiting that you do not get with the NFL game.

Hope that helps you decide.

is there a way to edit coaches or perhaps control as many teams as you want?

I played the 1 season demo and was put off by the many teams that ran old school offenses. Too many teams were running a wishbone and that was weird.

I would like to know this too from a veteran player, I just got the game so my answer to this question is "no" but its possible I just haven't seen a way to do it or figure it out. I'm hoping theres a way to control more than one team, if anybody can confirm this one way or another that would be great thanks

I've never tried to play more than one team at a time, I will try that this weekend and report back.

As far as the game play goes with old school offenses (and defense too for that matter), that is the problem right now. There are no up to date games in the market, anywhere. Today's college football whether I like it or not, just about everyone does the hurry up spread offense, even traditional schools do it save for about 20% that don't.

This besides the fact that we don't have a current landscape configuration is why we desperately need a new game on the market. Even console players are now out of luck with EA dropping NCAA football because of the O'Bannon lawsuit. Honestly with that development it is the perfect time for someone to step back up to the college game format and put a new game on the market in this format as you don't have to deal with player likenesses and all that stuff.

I've never tried to play more than one team at a time, I will try that this weekend and report back.

As far as the game play goes with old school offenses (and defense too for that matter), that is the problem right now. There are no up to date games in the market, anywhere. Today's college football whether I like it or not, just about everyone does the hurry up spread offense, even traditional schools do it save for about 20% that don't.

This besides the fact that we don't have a current landscape configuration is why we desperately need a new game on the market. Even console players are now out of luck with EA dropping NCAA football because of the O'Bannon lawsuit. Honestly with that development it is the perfect time for someone to step back up to the college game format and put a new game on the market in this format as you don't have to deal with player likenesses and all that stuff.

I second this, its a total bummer! And if you do get to test out the more than one school control this weekend that would be awesome!

• 3 months later...

Not positive but you should be able to set up a league as multiplayer and run multiple teams. It's no different from what I can see than a MP online league is. With multiple owners handling various teams.

This is still the premier college football game on the market. Price on a 10 year old game is...well that's Greydog's call. It's still used for online MP leagues one I'm in is in 16th season.

The game is highly moddable using Access to edit the database. Teams, cities, nicknames, etc.

In fact in our league we just edited UAB to Appalachian State, changing to the correct city etc. The only glitch we found is that it changes the entire history of the team so UAB no longer appears and App State goes all the way back to the beginning.

Archived