WWF '96: In Your House

WWF Championship

Bret Hart © vs. The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer

Comment:

Royal Rumble Match

1-2-3 Kid, Aldo Montoya, Avatar, Barry Horowitz, Bob Backlund, Bob Holly, British Bulldog, Buddy Landel, Diesel, Hakushi, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Jerry Lawler, King Mabel, Owen Hart, Phatu, The Ringmaster, Savio Vega, Shawn Michaels, Sir Mo, Skip, Sycho Sid, Tatanka, Vader, Yokozuna, Other (specify)

Comment:

Grudge Match

Ahmed Johnson vs. Jeff Jarrett

Comment:

WWF Tag Team Championship

The Smokin' Gunns © vs. The Bodydonnas w/Sunny

Comment:

WWF Intercontinental Championship

Razor Ramon © vs. Goldust w/Marlena

Comment:

Free For All Pre-Show*

Duke "The Dumpster" Droese vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Comment:

WWF Championship

Comment: Bret retains here.

Royal Rumble Match

1-2-3 Kid, Aldo Montoya, Avatar, Barry Horowitz, Bob Backlund, Bob Holly, British Bulldog, Buddy Landel, Diesel, Hakushi, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Jerry Lawler, King Mabel, Owen Hart, Phatu, The Ringmaster, Savio Vega, Shawn Michaels, Sir Mo, Skip, Sycho Sid, Tatanka, Vader, Yokozuna, Other (specify)

Comment: Shawn is the safe bet, but I'm going for Vader to dominate this Rumble and make a huge splash in the WWF.

Grudge Match

Comment: Ahmed could have been a really big star, if he could have stayed healthy.

Comment: Sunny gets what she wants.

Comment: More gold for the golden couple.

Free For All Pre-Show*

Comment: Hunter coming in first can really help show his talents.

* - President Gorilla Monsoon announced that the winner of this contest will enter #30 in the Royal Rumble.

Bonus Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the night? Bret vs Taker

What will be the lowest rated match of the night? Duke vs Hunter

What will be the first match on the main card? Tag titles

How many titles will change hands? One

Will there be any turns? If so, who? Yokozuna

How many DQs or Count-Outs will there be? I'll go two.

Name one surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble who has not appeared yet in 1996. Honky Tonk Man

Name the Final Four of the Royal Rumble. Shawn, Vader, Diesel, Helmsley

Who will have the most eliminations? Diesel

Who lasted the longest time? Hunter Hearst Helmsley

WWF Championship

Comment:

Royal Rumble Match

Comment:

Grudge Match

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Free For All Pre-Show*

Comment:

Bonus Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the night? Bret v. Taker

What will be the lowest rated match of the night? Smoking Gunns v. Bodydonnas

What will be the first match on the main card? Razor v. Goldust

How many titles will change hands? Two

Will there be any turns? If so, who? Yes, Diesel

How many DQs or Count-Outs will there be? Zero

Name one surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble who has not appeared yet in 1996. I'll go with The Ultimate Warrior

Name the Final Four of the Royal Rumble. Shawn, Diesel, Vader and Owen

Who will have the most eliminations? Vader

Who lasted the longest time? Owen

WWF Championship

Comment:

Royal Rumble Match

Comment:

Grudge Match

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Free For All Pre-Show*

Comment:

* - President Gorilla Monsoon announced that the winner of this contest will enter #30 in the Royal Rumble.

Bonus Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the night? Main Event

What will be the lowest rated match of the night? Free For All

What will be the first match on the main card? Tag Team Title Match.

How many titles will change hands? 1.

Will there be any turns? If so, who? 0.

How many DQs or Count-Outs will there be? 0l

Name one surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble who has not appeared yet in 1996. Skinner? If not, The Honky Tonk Man. (Or as Santino called him, The Honky Donkey Man.)

Name the Final Four of the Royal Rumble.

Vader, The Ringmaster, HBK and Diesel

Who will have the most eliminations?

Vader

Who lasted the longest time?

The Ringmaster. He's going to have some pretty damn big shoes to fill.

WWF Championship

Comment:

Royal Rumble Match

Comment:

Grudge Match

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Free For All Pre-Show*

Comment:

Bonus Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the night? Bret v. Taker

What will be the lowest rated match of the night? Smoking Gunns v. Bodydonnas

What will be the first match on the main card? Ahmed vs Jeff

How many titles will change hands? Two

Will there be any turns? If so, who? No

How many DQs or Count-Outs will there be? One

Name one surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble who has not appeared yet in 1996. The Ultimate Warrior

Name the Final Four of the Royal Rumble. Shawn, Diesel, Vader and Horowitz. (I can dream!)

Who will have the most eliminations? Vader

Who lasted the longest time? Tatanka

WWF Championship

Comment: Bret is sure going a long way with the ball.

Royal Rumble Match

Comment: I'll go with Beej and say that you're going to shake things up a bit here.

Grudge Match

Comment: Just don't have Faarooq scoring a goal with Ahmed's kidney here.

Comment: The Bodydonnas can win at 'Mania.

Comment: You will never forget the name...

Free For All Pre-Show*

Comment: I echo Beej here.

Bonus Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the night? Bret Hart vs. The Undertaker.

What will be the lowest rated match of the night? The Gunns vs. The Bodydonnas.

What will be the first match on the main card? Ahmed vs. Double J.

How many titles will change hands? One.

Will there be any turns? If so, who? Yes sir. Yokozuna.

How many DQs or Count-Outs will there be? One.

Name one surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble who has not appeared yet in 1996. Brian Pillman, I guess.

Name the Final Four of the Royal Rumble. Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Owen Hart and Vader.

Who will have the most eliminations? Vader.

Who lasted the longest time? Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

WWF Superstars: Week 3, January 1996

1. WELCOME! (55; C-):
    Jim Ross, Vince McMahon, and Curt Hennig are all on commentary for this event, and they welcome the audience to the special pre-Free For All edition of Superstars!

• Before we get to the Royal Rumble, we've got some high-octane action!

• Owen Hart's in action, so are Ahmed Johnson, Sycho Sid, and the 1-2-3 Kid.

• It's gonna be a long night of New Generation wrestling, culminating with the Royal Rumble match as well as
      Bret Hart's
      title defense against
      The Undertaker
      !

[*]
MATCH (45; D):
Savio Vega vs. Sir Mo

• Ugh. I think Mo's contract is up soon. Savio gave him a Caribbean Kick to knock him closer to the unemployment line.

[*]
THE PRESIDENT AND THE DOKTOR (64; C):
Dok Hendrix stands in the back to interview
Mr. Bob Backlund
about the Royal Rumble.

• Backlund reminds us that he holds the record for time spent in a Royal Rumble match and that the former WWF Champion is going to reclaim his belt at WrestleMania.

[*]
MATCH (47; D):
Ahmed Johnson vs. Rad Radford

• This was a nice, dominant win for the man from Pearl River, Mississippi as he heads into his match against Jeff Jarrett at the Rumble.

[*]
GOLDEN OPPORTUNITIES (73; B-):
McMahon, Ross, and Hennig hype the Intercontinental Title match between
Goldust
and
Razor Ramon

• Ross says that Goldust is a 'different' individual than we've seen in the WWF, but Ramon may have been the wrong man to pick a fight with.

• Hennig says that Goldust gives him the 'heebie jeebies' but no one can deny what he's done in the ring so far. Razor's got a tough test.

[*]
MATCH (54; C-):
Avatar and Aldo Montoya vs. Sycho Sid and 1-2-3 Kid w/Ted DiBiase

• The Million Dollar Corporation members made short worth of their opponents. Sid bodyslammed Kid onto Avatar for the win.

[*]
CASH PRIZES (66; C+):
"The Million Dollar Man"
grabs a microphone and hypes each of his esteemed clients' chances in the Rumble.

• Yes, even the Kid. He mainly focuses on The Ringmaster though, who he thinks is a lock to win because he looks like a million bucks.

[*]
WWF TITLE RECAP (77; B):
A quick video airs and it tracks the history between
The Undertaker
and
Bret "The Hitman" Hart
. Who walks out with the title at the Rumble?

[*]
MAIN EVENT (61; C):
Henry O. Godwinn vs. Owen Hart w/Jim Cornette

• Godwinn gave Hart a run and even tried to dump his bucket of slop onto Cornette, but the outcome was never really in doubt.

• Once Owen took over, he methodically picked apart Godwinn and made him submit to the Sharpshooter.

[*]
FREE FOR ALL NOW! (75; B-):
McMahon reminds the audience to tune into the Preview Channel for WWF Free For All, and then to call their pay-per-view providers to order the Royal Rumble pay-per-view!

• Hype for the Rumble includes flashing graphics for every announced superstar in the Rumble! We fade out -- WWF Free For All is next!

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
65 ©

Notes
: Let's do it! Rumble time!

Quick Results

Savio Vega
vs. Sir Mo

Ahmed Johnson
vs. Rad Radford

Sycho Sid and 1-2-3 Kid w/Ted DiBiase

Henry O. Godwinn vs.
Owen Hart w/Jim Cornette

http://i.imgur.com/uIlJ2fJ.jpg

WWF Superstars
Sunday, Week 3, January 1996

Got caught up with my LSAT and getting lost in Final Fantasy VII again
:p
. Getting to work on this as well as Unforgiven 2004 and they should both be up soon I hope!

• 4 weeks later...

WWF Royal Rumble: Sunday, Week 3, January 1996

Sunday, Week 3, January 1996

After a video hyping each of the matches at the event and a quick recap of the Free For All pre-show event (
Duke Droese
won the right to #30 in the Royal Rumble when WWF President Gorilla Monsoon reversed
Hunter Hearst Helmsley's
win due to the fact that he used a foreign object), fireworks explode as the stage is set!

Vince McMahon:
Welcome everyone to the 1996 WWF Royal Rumble! This raucous crowd is ready for action! I'm Vince McMahon, and my partner here with me at ringside is none other than Mr. Perfect!

Mr. Perfect:
Listen to these people, McMahon! This is
the
perfect Royal Rumble in the history of the World Wrestling Federation, and I can't
wait
!

McMahon:
Before the Royal Rumble, we've got Jeff Jarrett and Ahmed Johnson -- that match is about to begin!

Rating(s):
73 (B-) / 74 (B-)

http://i.imgur.com/Hu1LpBS.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/sv4Vqlt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/riKqAwV.jpg

Ahmed Johnson
vs.
"Double J" Jeff Jarrett

The crowd was hot early on, getting behind the "Pearl River Powerhouse" as he blocked each of Jarrett's attempts to flee early on. "Double J" worked Ahmed over after using his superior psychology to evade an attack and began working on his knee, setting up the Figure Four. Jarrett was never able to lock it in, however. Even though Johnson was unable to pick up a clean victory, he would be declared the winner once Jeff Jarrett climbed to the top rope and bashed him over the head with his guitar, splintering it into pieces right in front of the referee!

McMahon:
Oh my goodness! Right off the skull-- the referee has no choice! Jeff Jarrett is disqualified!

Perfect:
Part of me wonders if Ahmed even felt that one, McMahon - he's got such a thick head it probably just bounced right off!

McMahon:
Will you stop it, Ahmed Johnson is out cold in the ring! What a cheap attack by Jeff Jarrett!

Winner:
Ahmed Johnson (DQ; guitar shot)

Rating:
54 (C-)

McMahon:
Right now we're going to send you to the back where Dok Hendrix is standing by with "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon.

Dok Hendrix:
Thank you Vince, I'm here with the Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon, and after our previously scheduled interview didn't go as planned, I just want to ask you your thoughts heading into your match against Goldust here tonight!

Razor Ramon:
I got a little message for the Golden Boy,
chico
. If he thought I gave him a beating on Monday...just wait. 'Cuz Goldust
is
gonna walk outta here with more gold...the gold
teeth
he needs after he gets knocked out by "The Bad Guy!"

Razor flicks his toothpick at the camera and walks off.

Dok Hendrix:
Okay ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here first! Razor Ramon says he's gonna take it to Goldust and retain his Intercontinental Title! Back to you at ringside!

McMahon:
Thank you Dok, and that matchup will come later on tonight. But first, we've got tag team action between two top teams in the WWF tag division!

Rating:
69 (C+)

http://i.imgur.com/OKWCXfS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7qzX22B.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/lrKLepa.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/sv4Vqlt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/iLyjDto.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/j6524ZO.jpg

The Smokin' Gunns ©
vs.
The Bodydonnas w/Sunny

The WWF's newest tag team, Skip and Zip, were accompanied by the always alluring Sunny to the ring for this one, and she tried to get involved at every turn. The bleached-blonde Bodydonnas showed some athleticism early on, dominating the early going against the cowboy champions. Sunny cheered them on as Zip held Bart in a headlock for a minute or so following a variety of double-team maneuvers. After a hot tag to Billy, who cleaned house, Sunny got up on the apron to distract him. It worked for a moment and Skip rolled up Billy, who kicked out! Sunny quickly jumped down and that was the closest the fitness fanatics got. Quickly, Skip was hit with the Sidewinder and the Smokin' Gunns were victorious, retaining their belts!

McMahon:
Sunny can't believe what happened to her Bodydonnas!

Perfect:
Neither can I, McMahon! They dominated that one for most of the match!

Winner:
The Smokin' Gunns (via Sidewinder to Skip)

Rating:
56 (C-)

McMahon:
Again, we'll send you to the back to Dok Hendrix, who's standing by with "Big Daddy Cool," Diesel!

Dok Hendrix:
Again, it's Dok Hendrix here, and the man to my left is the 7 foot, 320 pound Diesel! What are your thoughts going into the Royal Rumble here tonight?

Diesel:
My
thoughts
are that I should be fighting Bret Hart for the WWF Title tonight, but that's obviously not happening for God knows what reason. It don't matter if it's Bret or that zombie moron Undertaker, I'm throwing 29 men over that rope tonight and at WrestleMania XII, the World Wrestling Federation is going to run on Diesel Power once again!

Diesel walks off to the left.

Perfect:
Now that's a guy you gotta consider the favorite to win the Rumble, McMahon. Seven feet tall, 320 pounds, and the man has an Undertaker-sized chip on his shoulder. Not an equation I'd wanna mess with if I were those 29 other guys.

Rating:
77 (B)

McMahon:
You just might be right about that, Mr. Perfect, but before we find out the answer to that, we're going to witness a golden encounter!

Perfect:
As the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time, I'm excited for this one! Two guys who just don't like-- well, one guy doesn't like the other one, but Goldust seems to be in love with Razor Ramon!

McMahon:
Over the past few weeks, Goldust has made rather suggestive advances toward the Intercontinental Champion, and "The Bad Guy" hasn't taken kindly to them, delivering a beating to the challenger this past Monday night on RAW. WWF President Gorilla Monsoon has chosen not to suspend Ramon for his vicious attack, and instead has allowed this match to take place.

http://i.imgur.com/ZXeme3E.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mR9uUUY.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/sv4Vqlt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/JZxhUW7.jpg

Razor Ramon ©
vs.
Goldust w/Marlena

Goldust made his entrance alongside a woman smoking a long cigar dressed in all gold. Perfect let us know that this woman had directed some of Goldust's films, and that her name was Marlena. The crowd was fired up as Razor Ramon's music hit and he came jogging out to the ring ready for a fight. The referee held him back as Goldust removed his wig and robe, handing them to Marlena at ringside. The match was set to begin.

The match began with Razor trying to attack Goldust, but Goldust wriggling out of the way. When they finally locked up, Goldust went under Razor and behind him, grabbing his pecs! Razor was enraged and elbowed the bizarre superstar in the head hard, taking control. Goldust's antics permeated the matchup, and Razor never really got his head in the match. The mysterious Marlena, sitting in a director's chair at ringside, blew smoke from her cigar into his face as Goldust wrenched back on his nostrils, drawing the ire of the referee. After a furious rally by Razor, the finish came as the referee checked Goldust for a concussion and out of nowhere, the 1-2-3 Kid came off the top rope with a spinning heel kick! Goldust quickly 'recovered' and hit the Curtain Call to become the new Intercontinental Champion!

McMahon:
My goodness, that's the 1-2-3 Kid! What's
he
doing out here! Goldust--Goldust is the Intercontinental Champion! I don't believe this!

Perfect:
You gotta have eyes in the back of your head, McMahon, and Razor's couldn't see through his thick, greasy hair!

After the match, Razor Ramon comes to his senses with the Kid standing over him laughing. When he notices the look in Ramon's eye, the 1-2-3 Kid darts away! Razor is incensed; he chases the Kid all the way to the back!

Winner:
Goldust (via Curtain Call after 1-2-3 Kid interference)

Rating:
66 (C+) / 60 © [match] / 54 (C-)

McMahon:
We've had two title matches so far here tonight: one title changed hands, the other stayed put. In the back we have Dok Hendrix standing by with the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Dok Hendrix:
Thank you Vince, once again it's Dok Hendrix here with the World Wrestling Federation Champion and "Hitman," what's going through your mind as you get ready to take on "The Phenom"?

Bret Hart:
All week, people have been telling me that I haven't fought anyone like The Undertaker, that he's gonna come into the Royal Rumble and beat me for the World Wrestling Federation title, well I've got news for all you doubters out there: I'm known as the "Excellence of Execution" for a reason. I get things
done
in that ring whether I'm fighting a giant or a midget, and that's why tonight I'm gonna beat The Undertaker. I don't care if it takes three hours, I'm gonna lock in the Sharpshooter and this title is going to stay right around my waist when I walk out of this building tonight.

Dok Hendrix:
"The Hitman" is confident, and he has the right to be. He's the World Wrestling Federation Champion! Back to you at ringside.

McMahon:
Supreme confidence coming out of the mouth of Bret "The Hitman" Hart, but what are his chances against The Undertaker?

Perfect:
Nada. Zip. Zilch. The Undertaker isn't a
person
, The Undertaker is a
phenom
. He does not have a threshold for pain and will never submit to the Sharpshooter! It's just not gonna happen.

McMahon:
You might just be right about that, but up next is the Royal Rumble match! 30 men, one ring, over the top rope, the last man standing goes to WrestleMania! It's next!

Perfect:
Oh I can't wait, McMahon, it's gonna be great!

Rating:
77 (B)

30-Man Royal Rumble Match

Entrant #1:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Entrant #2:
Savio Vega

As the match began, the commentators reminded us that every 2 minutes, a new competitor would make their way out to the ring. Helmsley and Vega, recipients of the two most unlucky numbers, locked up to begin the match. Other than a near-elimination of Helmsley, nothing very eventful happened before the second entrant.

Entrant #3:
Bob Backlund

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Savio Vega

McMahon:
And here comes Mr. Bob Backlund, looking to recreate his magic from the 1993 Royal Rumble, when he lasted over an hour in the ring!

Backlund entered and attacked Vega, forming an early temporary alliance with Helmsley. The two men teamed up on the Puerto Rican superstar but despite their best efforts, Vega was able to stave off elimination as the buzzer sounded for the next entrant.

Entrant #4:
Henry O. Godwinn

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Savio Vega, Bob Backlund

The hog farmer from Arkansas came in to rousing applause from the offense and went right after his recent rival, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. This allowed Vega to fight his way out of a hole against Backlund, getting the crowd riled up a bit. However, once again no man was tossed over the top rope to the floor although Helmsley was close to being thrown out by Savio. The buzzer went off and it was time for the fifth entrant.

Entrant #5:
Isaac Yankem, DDS

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Savio Vega, Bob Backlund, Henry O. Godwinn

The big ugly dentist made his way to the ring, and started to attack Backlund, although he handed out fists indiscriminately. Helmsley and Vega ended up teaming to take on the larger man, but Yankem fought his way out. Godwinn joined the fight as the other two split off and fought again. Another entrant, another two minutes before the first elimination.

Entrant #6:
Owen Hart

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Savio Vega, Bob Backlund, Henry O. Godwinn, Isaac Yankem DDS

Just as "The Rocket" entered the ring, Yankem provided the first elimination of the Rumble,
clotheslining Savio Vega
over the top rope to the floor! Owen slid inside the ring and joined an attack on Henry Godwinn in the corner before landing a cheap set of knife-edge chops to the chest of Bob Backlund. The buzzer sounded for the seventh entrant.

Entrant #7:
Sir Mo

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Bob Backlund, Henry O. Godwinn, Isaac Yankem DDS, Owen Hart

Royalty hit the ring next as Sir Mo got involved, going after Backlund along with Owen. The scrum carried on in the ring as each man brawled with the next while certain guys stayed on the floor. Yankem tried to dump Helmsley over the top rope, but Hunter used his crafty technique to avoid being knocked off of the ropes. Backlund walked over and clubbed him in the head, fighting him off of Helmsley, who
ran over and dumped Sir Mo over the top rope
from behind! Our second elimination gave way to another entrant.

Entrant #8:
Jerry "The King" Lawler

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Bob Backlund, Henry O. Godwinn, Isaac Yankem DDS, Owen Hart

“The King” hit the ring next and jawed with the fans on the way to the ring. Lawler slowly made his way into the ring.

McMahon:
“The King” looking hesitant about getting into the ring here, he looks scared!

Perfect:
Scared? Lawler isn’t scared, he’s just saying hello to all of his subjects like a true king does!

Lawler finally gets in the ring and is hit in the mouth by Henry Godwinn. He finds himself in the corner holding onto the top rope for dear life when Hunter comes over and hits Godwinn. After the buzzer sounds again, no more eliminations have been made.

Entrant #9:
"Spark Plug" Bob Holly

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Bob Backlund, Henry O. Godwinn, Isaac Yankem DDS, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler

The ninth entrant hit the ring and got a warm ovation from the crowd. The fan favorite Holly got inside the ring and joined the fray, trying to help Henry Godwinn and Owen Hart throw out the larger Isaac Yankem, but they were unsuccessful. Holly then went over to wrestle with Backlund in the corner, and Lawler sneakily slid under the bottom rope and hid under the ring!

McMahon:
Where’s Jerry Lawler going? Is he eliminated?

The buzzer sounds once more and we’re a third of the way through the Rumble entrants.

Entrant #10:
King Mabel

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Bob Backlund, Henry O. Godwinn, Isaac Yankem DDS, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Bob Holly

With Mabel on his way to the ring, the fans saw Hunter Hearst Helmsley clothesline Bob Backlund over the top to the floor! Mabel climbed over the top rope and the wrestlers in the ring immediately were drawn to him. They attacked him one by one, and Mabel sent people flying. Helmsley found himself hoisted in the air by the 1995 King of the Ring, but eventually slithered out of his grasp before Mabel could throw him over. He caught a dropkick by Owen Hart as Hart, Godwinn, Yankem, Holly, and Helmsley went after Mabel in the corner trying to dump him over. Before the buzzer, it’s unsuccessful.

Entrant #11:
Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Henry O. Godwinn, Isaac Yankem DDS, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Bob Holly, King Mabel

The crowd can’t believe it, Jake “The Snake” is back in the World Wrestling Federation!

McMahon:
Oh my goodness! It’s Jake “The Snake” Roberts! And he’s got that brown bag over his shoulder! What’s inside?

Perfect:
Oh you know exactly what’s inside that bag, McMahon, this shouldn’t be allowed in the Royal Rumble!

The crowd goes wild as he lays the bag down near the apron and almost everyone shoots to the other side of the ring. He opens it up and inside is a monstrous snake that slithers toward the corner! Roberts gets in the ring and picks up his pet, pointing it toward anyone who gets near him! He runs around the ring with it, forcing everyone to go through the middle rope and out to the floor! Jake puts the snake away after a few moments, but the participants are still hesitant to get back inside the ring. Mabel seems especially skittish after the appearance of the snake, as he’s the last man to get back inside the ring before the next entrant makes his appearance.

Entrant #12:
British Bulldog

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Henry O. Godwinn, Isaac Yankem DDS, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Bob Holly, King Mabel, Jake Roberts

The powerhouse British Bulldog got into the ring and immediately started to attack Henry Godwinn in the ring along with his Camp Cornette stablemate Owen Hart. The brothers-in-law forged a partnership here, double teaming Godwinn in the corner. Yankem worked over Jake “The Snake” near the ropes, but when he went for a clothesline over the top,
Jake ducked and tipped Yankem over to the floor!

Entrant #13:
Sycho Sid

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Henry O. Godwinn, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Bob Holly, King Mabel, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog

One seven footer out, another seven footer in. The Million Dollar Corporation’s Sycho Sid hit the ring next and went after Mabel. The two men collided and Sid hit a big boot. Holly threw himself at the big man and eventually received a Powerbomb! Holly rolled toward the rope as Owen and the Bulldog attacked Sid from behind and were able to get him to one knee. Jake “The Snake” went for the DDT, but Sid fought back and shoved him against the ropes to hit a boot to his face. Eventually the action settled surprisingly with no eliminations, but Sid went after Mabel near the ropes as the buzzer sounded.

Entrant #14:
Barry Horowitz

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Henry O. Godwinn, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Bob Holly, King Mabel, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Sycho Sid

Horowitz’s arrival made him the ninth person in the ring (“The King” would have been the tenth, but he was still hiding underneath it). Horowitz went after the Bulldog, which may not have been a great move. Davey Boy and Owen teamed up on Horowitz until Henry Godwinn came to the rescue. He fought both Owen and the Bulldog back, but no eliminations ensued from this scrum.
However, Bob Holly found himself lifted in the air for a military press by the Bulldog, who launched him over the top rope to the floor, eliminating him from the Rumble!
The next entrant was set to enter.

Entrant #15:
"Make a Difference" Phatu

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Henry O. Godwinn, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, King Mabel, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Sycho Sid, Barry Horowitz

The big Samoan with a big message made his way to the ring next with a broad smile on his face as he looked to make an impact on the Rumble match. He entered the fray with Helmsley and Godwinn doing battle in the corner. Horowitz came through with a running dropkick to Hunter, but “The Connecticut Blueblood” used the ropes to hold himself near the ground, avoiding elimination despite Horowitz and Godwinn putting the boots to him. Godwinn turned around into a spinning heel kick off the skull from Owen Hart and Horowitz got powerslammed by the Bulldog! Before the buzzer sounded,
Sycho Sid picked up Horowitz by the hair and chucked him over the top rope
, ending his stay in the Rumble match.

Entrant #16:
Yokozuna

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Henry O. Godwinn, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, King Mabel, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Sycho Sid, Phatu

Perfect:
It’s time for the big guns now, here comes Yokozuna! Camp Cornette is all in the ring right now, who’s gonna stop these guys?

McMahon:
Owen Hart, the British Bulldog, and the 600-pound Yokozuna are a force to be reckoned with for sure, Mr. Perfect!

Yokozuna got in the ring and all of a sudden he was the 5th 300-plus-pounder in there. The 1993 Royal Rumble winner and WWF Champion worked with his Cornette cohorts to attack any and all comers, eventually
he clotheslined Mabel over the top rope and out!
Big Mabel was irate as he shoved referees away on his way to the back. Yokozuna went to work on Henry Godwinn, who surprisingly was able to stay in the ring for as long as he had up until this point. The next superstar to come out was:

Entrant #17:
Brooklyn Brawler

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Henry O. Godwinn, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Sycho Sid, Phatu, Yokozuna

The Brooklyn Brawler! The pesky New Yorker drew the ire of the crowd for just a second, because
the Brawler ran right into a DDT as he entered the ring, leading to a lightning fast elimination!
The remaining superstars in the ring battled it out with Sid being swarmed by Camp Cornette although he dealt enough return damage where he wasn’t thrown over the top rope just yet.

Entrant #18:
Marty Jannetty

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Henry O. Godwinn, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Sycho Sid, Phatu, Yokozuna

“The Rocker” hit the ring and was a house of fire, hitting quick strikes to Yokozuna, Owen, Jake “The Snake,” Phatu, and Helmsley before catching a clothesline from the Bulldog. Jannetty fell back to the pack and despite not getting eliminated, his offense abruptly stopped for the time being.

Entrant #19:

Entrant #20:
Rad Radford

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Henry O. Godwinn, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Sycho Sid, Phatu, Yokozuna, Marty Jannetty

Nothing all that eventful went on between these two entrants, just a bunch of struggles showing that all of the entrants except for Camp Cornette were wearing down. This was displayed in full when
Radford was suplexed out of the ring within a minute and a half by the Bulldog
as he added to his elimination total for the night.

Perfect:
McMahon I’m getting word from the back – you’re not gonna believe who’s coming out next! It’s time!

Entrant #21:
Vader

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Henry O. Godwinn, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Sycho Sid, Phatu, Yokozuna, Marty Jannetty, Avatar

The man from the Rocky Mountains made his long-awaited debut in the World Wrestling Federation and this kicked off an absolute massacre among the ranks of the Rumble.
Henry Godwinn was first, getting clotheslined over the top to end his impressive showing.
Vader took a short break to pulverize
Avatar before dumping him over the top
. The ever-valiant
Phatu was slammed to the floor next, following a Powerbomb from Vader!

Entrant #22:
Hakushi

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Sycho Sid, Yokozuna, Marty Jannetty, Vader

In the midst of the chaos caused by the arrival of Vader, it was almost forgotten that there were nine more entrants. The mysterious Hakushi hit the ring next and immediately jumped up to the top rope to hit a flying dropkick to Helmsley! He made his presence known as Sycho Sid and Vader now went at it. The two monsters went at it like two bulls locking horns but Vader’s quickness and endurance was too much for
Sid, who was clotheslined over the top rope in an amazing display of power!
The next man out was ready to make his entrance.

Entrant #23:
1-2-3 Kid

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Yokozuna, Marty Jannetty, Vader, Hakushi

The next entrant, the 1-2-3 Kid, was curiously sprinting down to the ring – because he was being chased by Razor Ramon! Realizing that Ramon would probably not stop chasing him as he did it the entire night,
the Kid just slid under the ropes and tossed himself over the top rope!
He jumped into the crowd and ran off as the fiery Razor was finally tracked down by seemingly inept WWF officials who brought him to the back!

Entrant #24:
"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Yokozuna, Marty Jannetty, Vader, Hakushi

McMahon:
And here he is! “The Heartbreak Kid” is here! Shawn Michaels is the 24th entrant into the Royal Rumble!

Perfect:
Yeah, and he better watch out for Owen Hart knocking his head off like he did last time he stepped in the ring!

Michaels came in to a sizzling crowd, taking it to Yokozuna, the Bulldog, Helmsley, and even Vader! Michaels and Jannetty pleased the fans by hitting a double dropkick, knocking Vader through the ropes, but not out of the match! Despite dealing a little bit of damage to everyone, Michaels did not secure any eliminations in his first two minutes, even allowing Vader to get a breather before re-entering the matchup.

Entrant #25:
Aldo Montoya

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Yokozuna, Marty Jannetty, Vader, Hakushi, Shawn Michaels

“The Portuguese Man-O-War” came out to the ring, but didn’t do all that much upon entering, just joining an attack on Jannetty by Jake “The Snake.”
Vader picked up another elimination, tossing Hakushi to the floor as he unwisely climbed to the top rope.
Camp Cornette was at full strength still, with Owen and the Bulldog punching Michaels in his injured head while Yokozuna attacked Jake Roberts. Helmsley went to work on Jannetty as the buzzer sounded once again.

Entrant #26:
"The Ringmaster" Steve Austin

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Yokozuna, Marty Jannetty, Vader, Shawn Michaels, Aldo Montoya

Perfect touted the Ringmaster as he hit the ring, immediately joining Helmsley in his assault on Jannetty. Meanwhile, the fans popped heavily for
Shawn Michaels, who battled back against his Camp Cornette foes by clotheslining the Bulldog over the top!
Owen pleaded with him to stop his attack, leaving an open door for Yokozuna to hit Michaels from behind and try to toss him over, but Michaels held on and slid under the bottom rope.

Entrant #27:
Diesel

Still Alive:
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, Yokozuna, Marty Jannetty, Vader, Shawn Michaels, Aldo Montoya, Steve Austin

McMahon:
It’s “Big Daddy Cool,” Diesel! He’s got his sights set on winning the whole thing!

Perfect:
So does everyone who steps in that ring, but Diesel’s gotta be considered the favorite right now!

“Big Daddy Cool” walked right over the ropes and threw punches at Vader, who found himself on the losing end of the exchange. Neither man was able to throw the other over, however, despite the help of Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart, respectively. Also,
after about 52 minutes, Hunter Hearst Helmsley was dumped to the floor by Jake Roberts!
The Blueblood slammed his hands on the apron as he was escorted to the back after a phenomenal outing in the Rumble.

Entrant #28:
Buddy Landel

Still Alive:
Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts, Yokozuna, Marty Jannetty, Vader, Shawn Michaels, Aldo Montoya, Steve Austin, Diesel

Landel hit the ring, and as he was entering,
Marty Jannetty was sent crashing to the floor after a dropkick from Owen Hart!
Shawn Michaels rolled outside the ring for a second, with the commentators questioning what he was doing. Michaels reached under and pulled Jerry Lawler out by his boots as he held onto the apron for dear life! Michaels pulled him off, rolled him into the ring,
and eliminated him with a clothesline after a series of punches!
The crowd went wild for the elimination of the sneaky Lawler!

Entrant #29:
Tatanka

Still Alive:
Owen Hart, Jake Roberts, Yokozuna, Vader, Shawn Michaels, Aldo Montoya, Steve Austin, Diesel, Buddy Landel

The Native American got inside the ring and immediately went after Michaels, knocking him down to a knee.
Buddy Landel got dumped over the top by “The Ringmaster,”
who trash talked as Landel walked backstage. Shortly after, the returning
Jake “The Snake” got caught with a big boot after a failed DDT to Diesel, sending him over and to the floor.

Entrant #30:
Duke "The Dumpster" Droese

Still Alive:
Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Vader, Shawn Michaels, Aldo Montoya, Steve Austin, Diesel, Tatanka

Immediately,
Aldo Montoya went flying over the top rope after being dumped by Tatanka
. The eliminations came at a flurry here, as
Droese lasted a little over a minute, being suplexed out by Owen Hart!
After
Diesel tossed Tatanka over the top,
six men remained.
Steve Austin found himself on the floor following a boot from Diesel into a Sweet Chin Music from Michaels!
Owen Hart and Yokozuna went after Diesel, who shot Owen across the ring, but was hit from behind by Vader. Shortly thereafter, Vader and Yokozuna stood across the ring from one another with everyone else prone on the ground. The two giant superstars hit each other with a flurry and Vader pushed Yokozuna back up against the ropes. He went for an Avalanche into the corner, but Yokozuna was able to duck and pull down the ropes,
mustering all of his immense power to throw Vader out over the ropes and to the floor!

The Final Four:
Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Shawn Michaels, Diesel

McMahon:
Oh my goodness, Yokozuna has eliminated Vader!

Perfect:
They’re both Cornette’s guys! This is why you need a brain in this type of match, McMahon, these guys are unbelievable!

Vader was absolutely
livid
on the outside as Yokozuna stared down at him. As officials tried to force Vader to the back, he climbed on the apron and grabbed the ponytail of Yokozuna! He tried to pull him out from the outside, but Owen Hart came over to help – no, wait!
Owen grabbed Yokozuna by the legs and threw him over the top with the combined help of Vader from the outside!
Vader and Yokozuna brawled to the back with a swarm of officials and referees around, and there was no way to stop them!

Realizing that he just lost his only ally, Owen stopped faking an injury and looked up at the two men he was left in the ring with. Michaels and Diesel nodded at one another, before grabbing Owen by the hair and sending him over the top.
Owen landed on the apron, but got some Sweet Chin Music for his efforts!
The final two men in the Royal Rumble were indeed Shawn Michaels and Diesel, and the two former friends and enemies got into it again. For the next five minutes, Diesel used his power to try and throw Michaels out, but every time Michaels would fight his way out…until he connected with the Jacknife! Diesel raised his arm up, feeling as if he’d won the match. He dumped Michaels over the top onto the apron, but as he bounced off the ropes to go for a big boot, Michaels ducked and pulled down the rope! Diesel didn’t fly all the way over, and caught himself, but his right leg dangled over the top.
Shawn slid under the bottom rope, took two steps back and then lurched forward with Sweet Chin Music, shooting Diesel over the ropes to the floor!
Shawn Michaels has won the 1996 Royal Rumble!

After the match, Michaels falls to his knees immediately and puts his head in his hands! He knows he’s overcome nearly insurmountable odds to win his second straight Royal Rumble!

McMahon:
Shawn Michaels is going to WrestleMania to face the WWF Champion! His boyhood dream has come true!

Perfect:
This is impossible! Two years in a row, I can’t believe—how did he do that? I’ll tell you what, he is an amazing athlete no matter what anyone says!

Following a minute or two of celebrating, Diesel gets back into the ring. The crowd hushes as he fixes the glove on his right hand, ominously walking toward Michaels. All of a sudden, “Big Daddy Cool” holds his hand up in the air as Michaels runs up, jumps, and high fives his friend. As Michaels completes his celebration, Diesel leaves the ring, but stays at ringside with his head in his hands for a moment.

Winner:
Shawn Michaels (via Sweet Chin Music to Diesel)

Rating:
77 (B) / 82 (B)

McMahon:
What a moment here tonight for “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels as he’ll be going to WrestleMania to face either Bret Hart or The Undertaker – who will it be?

Perfect:
How many times do I have to say it, Bret’s one of the best technical wrestlers we’ve ever seen – he’s no Mr. Perfect, but still – and even though he’s one of the best, he ain’t beating The Undertaker!

http://i.imgur.com/rNoFKwb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yfwsP6O.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/sv4Vqlt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/jPVMSjC.jpg

Bret Hart ©
vs.
The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer

The match started off with the crowd buzzing – “The Hitman” grabbed the ropes and stretched as “The Phenom” stared a hole into him through the mask made necessary by a fractured orbital bone last year. They walked toward one another and Bret immediately went to work. He tried to take the back of ‘Taker and work from behind, but he elbowed out of it and shoved Bret into the corner. A couple of hard throat thrusts began the match as Undertaker assumed control. Bret walked around the ring being stalked by his challenger, fighting back at every occasion. ‘Taker cornered him once again and went for a hip attack into the corner, but Bret moved out of the way and landed some quick shots to ‘Taker’s calf and knee.

Perfect:
Bret’s gotta stick and move or else he’s got no chance here.

He landed about six kicks in the corner and went to pull The Undertaker out to work more on the leg, but he was booted off. Bret came back with a clothesline into the corner which shook ‘Taker up a bit, but it wasn’t enough to knock him off his feet. Bret ran at him again, but Undertaker tossed him over his head to the floor! Paul Bearer could be heard screeching in glee as his Deadman climbed over the top rope and hit a double axe handle to the floor, crashing into the small of Hart’s back! The champion was in deep trouble as The Undertaker slammed his head into the steel fence separating the crowd from the action. ‘Taker rolled him in and only got a two count.

McMahon:
The challenger is in complete control here, but the champion, Bret Hart, isn’t going to give up that easily.

After a couple of minutes of The Undertaker dominating, Bret found an opening by ducking a big boot and hitting a chop block from the other side. He knocked ‘Taker down and released an adrenaline-fueled relentless fury on the legs and back of “The Deadman.” Bearer looked on in horror as his Undertaker was hounded by the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Bret reared back and ran across the ring at ‘Taker, clotheslining both men over the top rope to the floor! With both combatants making their way to their feet, Bret tried to slam ‘Taker’s already injured face into the guard rail and return the favor, but The Undertaker blocked it and hit a couple of shots to Bret’s face and chest, sending him rolling back into the ring.

McMahon:
This is a hotly-contested matchup and neither the champion nor the challenger seems to have lost their focus just yet! “The Hitman” and The Undertaker are going to battle in the center of the ring!

Bret jumped on The Undertaker as soon as he tried to come over the ropes and was able to drop him on his back as he looked for the Sharpshooter! Bret got shoved off by the massive legs of “The Phenom” and when he came back, he got caught with a big boot! ‘Taker lifted him up, grabbed his arm, and walked to the top rope to jump off and hit him with a club to the back! The Undertaker stalked his prey as Bret climbed up. ‘Taker went to grab him again, but was elbowed in the stomach. Bret hit a couple of more elbows, doubling him over, as he bounced off the ropes and hit a running bulldog. “The Hitman” then hit a Russian legsweep and a backbreaker to continue his rally. As he went for the elbow from the second rope, ‘Taker put his boot up into the face of the champion, knocking him flat on the ground.

McMahon:
Oh no, “The Hitman” is in trouble here!

Perfect:
Bret tried to get too cute, McMahon – he should have stayed on top of The Undertaker and locked in the Sharpshooter, but instead he got a boot to the mouth.

The Undertaker sat up and goes back on the attack. He clubbed Bret right in the back and whipped him into the ropes. Bret ducks a clothesline and comes back, the two knocking each other down with a double clothesline! Bret climbs to his feet first and grabs the face of the Undertaker, removing his mask! He then unleashes an assault on “The Phenom,” slamming him into the turnbuckle, punching, headbutting, hitting knee drops…until he goes for the Sharpshooter again! He almost gets it locked in, but The Undertaker grabs his throat! He constricts his breathing until they’re both on their feet – then nails the Chokeslam! The Undertaker covers – 1, 2…. The referee’s pulled out from the ring!

http://i.imgur.com/eaX9mSg.jpg

It’s Diesel! He clocks the referee in the mouth and the match is thrown out! Diesel stares at The Undertaker as the crowd boos him. Paul Bearer joins The Undertaker in the ring, thinking he’s won the match. When he finally realizes the result, The Undertaker’s eyes nearly explode out of their sockets as he burns a hole inside Diesel. “Big Daddy Cool” does a very ‘Diesel’ thing – he smirks, gives The Undertaker the middle finger and walks out defiantly! The Undertaker walks directly to the back after him as Bret is awarded the championship via disqualification!

McMahon:
I can’t believe what Diesel just did! The Undertaker is livid, and he’s on his way to the back! He thinks he would have pinned Bret Hart!

Perfect:
Of course he would have pinned him, McMahon, Bret was out cold! Diesel was having none of it, though!

McMahon:
Nonetheless, Bret “The Hitman” Hart is still the World Wrestling Federation Champion! Thank you for tuning in to the Royal Rumble, good night everybody!

Winner:
The Undertaker (by DQ via Diesel interference)

Rating:
82 (B) (match) / 87 (B+)

Final Rating:
80 (B)

Notes
: Most fans seemed to have enjoyed the show, specifically Michaels winning. We got a lot of positive feedback about some aspects, but some negative thoughts about others. The Rumble match was a good one, as was the WWF title bout. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Diesel, and Goldust were all praised for their performances backstage.

Quick Results

Free-For-All Pre-Show

Duke “The Dumpster” Droese
vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley; DQ

Grudge Match

Ahmed Johnson
vs. Jeff Jarrett; DQ

The Smokin’ Gunns ©
vs. The Bodydonnas w/Sunny

Razor Ramon © vs.
Goldust w/Marlena

Royal Rumble Match

Shawn Michaels
won by last eliminating Diesel

WWF Championship

Bret Hart © vs.
The Undertaker
; DQ

Bonus Questions

What will be the highest rated match of the night?
Bret/Taker; 82 (B)

What will be the lowest rated match of the night?
Ahmed/Jarrett; 54 (C-)

What will be the first match on the main card?
Ahmed/Jarrett

How many titles will change hands?
One, the Intercontinental

Will there be any turns? If so, who?
Diesel’s sort of a tweener, but I would have allowed him/one just because the fans booed instead of cheering him.

How many DQs or Count-Outs will there be?
I’ll take 2 or 3 because the Free-For-All

Name one surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble who has not appeared yet in 1996.
Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Name the Final Four of the Royal Rumble.
Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Diesel, Shawn Michaels

Who will have the most eliminations?
Vader, 5

Who lasted the longest time?
Hunter Hearst Helmsley, 52 minutes

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/1/19/Royal_Rumble_1996_logo_.jpg

WWF Royal Rumble

Prediction Contest Leaderboard (ends at WrestleMania XII)

Bad News Fryer – 9

Russelrules44 – 9

Smasher1311 – 8

Beejus – 8

jscotty – 7

Jaded – 6

TheBigBad1013 – 6

Midnightnick – 2

So it’s finally up! Hope you guys enjoyed the read, and I’m starting to firm up my grip on exactly where I want to go at WrestleMania and beyond. It’s going to be a fun ride I hope, and there’s a lot more twists and turns to come, I hope you aren’t too turned off by the early similarities. I feel as if there’s a lot of stuff that was already penciled in to happen at this point in real life and so I didn’t want to shake all that much up. But don’t you worry, it’ll diverge.

Yeah, definitely a lot of similarities, as practically every match ends the same way as IRL :p but hey, that's just first month stuff. Now I'm sure we will get into the meat of the game, as you have a full month to figure out where we go from here at In Your House. I look forward to it!

WWF Monday Night RAW: Week 4, January 1996

1. OPENING VIDEO/WELCOME (81; B):
    Cheesy guitar riff, highlights of action, and Monday Night RAW is here!

• Jerry Lawler
      and
      Vince McMahon
      are at ringside as always for the post-Rumble edition of the show.

• Both commentators spoke about the high-octane action that took place last night, but Lawler became noticeably subdued once McMahon mentioned his failures in the Royal Rumble match.

[*]
MATCH (60; C):
Savio Vega vs. Vader w/Jim Cornette

• The commentators talked about how dominant of a force Vader was in the Rumble, eliminating the most superstars.

• They had barely gotten past talking about dissent in the Camp Cornette ranks when Vader completed his squash over Savio with the Vader Bomb.

[*]
IT'S VADER TIME (81; B):
Cornette grabbed a mic to hype his beast as Vader made Vega an unfortunate example.

• Savio got crushed by three Vader Bombs as officials rushed to the ring, getting thrown around like rag dolls by the man from the Rocky Mountains. When he was done, he walked out with a grinning Cornette.

[*]
MATCH (60; C):
Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. Buddy Landel

• Jake's first
    ever
    appearance on RAW was hyped heavily by McMahon, while Lawler wasn't afraid to let fly his disdain for Roberts.

• He and Landel put on a solid match for the crowd, with the audience popping heavily when Landel's blond head bounced off the mat thanks to a DDT.

[*]
HUNTING HEARTBREAK (74; B-):
After a commercial, McMahon is in the ring and he introduces his guest for an interview segment, the 1996 Royal Rumble winner
Shawn Michaels
!

• Michaels comes out to overwhelming applause and talks about how his mission began last night at the Royal Rumble and it ends with the WWF Championship around his waist at WrestleMania XII!

• HBK says that it's been his lifelong dream to win the WWF Title at WrestleMania, and whether it's Bret, Undertaker, or his good buddy "Big Daddy Cool," he's gonna have to take that belt from them.

• All of a sudden,
    Hunter Hearst Helmsley
    appears in the ring and protests that he spent almost an hour inside the ring while Michaels spent about ten minutes. Why should HBK go to WrestleMania and not him?

• Michaels asks Hunter if he's going to keep crying during his interview time, and Helmsley challenges him to a match at In Your House in February, which Shawn accepts!

[*]
CAMP CORNETTE CHAOS (57; C-):

• Backstage, Dok "I'm Totally Not Michael P.S. Hayes" Hendrix stands by with his guests
    "The Rocket" Owen Hart
    and
    The British Bulldog

• Owen's there to talk about his plans going forward, which includes taking the WWF Title from his 'dear brother Bret.'

• When Dok asks why he eliminated Yokozuna from the Royal Rumble, Owen reacts indignantly, saying that he 'tripped' and he was trying to pull the big man back into the ring.

• Dok replies with a skeptical tone, and Owen tells him to shut his mouth because this interview's over. He and Davey walk off.

[*]
A DULL RAZOR (66; C+):
Razor Ramon
makes his entrance for singles action, but first the commentators send us to a quick message from
the 1-2-3 Kid
and
Ted DiBiase
regarding "The Bad Guy."

• The Kid makes fun of Razor for crying about losing the Intercontinental Title.

• This makes DiBiase laugh and he says that the Kid will always be one step ahead of Razor because he's got all the resources money can buy.

[*]
MATCH (59; C):
Razor Ramon vs. Tatanka

• Razor took on an affiliate of DiBiase's Million Dollar Corporation without "The Million Dollar Man" at ringside.

• While the former Intercontinental Champion was a formidable test for Razor Ramon, he eventually fell to the Razor's Edge!

[*]
CHAMPION VS. CHAMPION (68; C+):
Vince and Lawler let us know that up next, the Intercontinental Champion
Goldust
will take on the WWF Champion
Bret "The Hitman" Hart
!

• "The King" says he doesn't know how he feels about Goldust yet, but he hopes that overrated idiot Bret gets knocked down a peg.

• McMahon thinks that it may just happen right here tonight, but never count out "The Hitman!"

[*]
HIS WEIGHT IN GOLD (75; B-):
As he makes his entrance along with the mysterious
Marlena
Goldust
has a microphone handed to him.

• As Marlena puffs on her cigar and removes the IC Title from Goldust's waist, he hints at all of the obscene things he's going to do to Bret to get his hands on that World Wrestling Federation Title.

• Say what you want about the guy, but he's good at being a creepy bastard.

[*]
MATCH (76; B-):
Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Goldust w/Marlena

• This non-title champion versus champion matchup was a very good one for a TV match.

• Goldust's swagger was on display in this one, as the newly crowned IC Champion performed quite well against the World Champ.

• After an attempted and failed distraction by Marlena, Goldust found himself locked in the Sharpshooter, submitting to a very game Bret Hart.

[*]
OVER THE MOUNTAIN (70; C+):
After the match, Vince McMahon gets in the ring to interview the winner.

• Bret says that President Gorilla Monsoon has let him know that he's gonna have to defend his WWF Title against Diesel in a few weeks at In Your House.

• "The Hitman" welcomes the challenge so he can finally shut Diesel up about never getting a rematch.

• Bret adds a caveat: he says that since people like to get in the way of his title matches, let's put this one inside a 15-foot-high steel cage!

• ...if Diesel's got the balls to accept his challenge!

• McMahon thanks everyone for coming and for tuning in at home as he hypes next week's edition of Monday Night RAW!

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
75 (B-)

Notes
: This show increased our popularity in 10 regions, while it declined in 10 other regions.

Quick Results

Savio Vega vs.
Vader w/Jim Cornette

Jake "The Snake" Roberts
vs. Buddy Landel

Razor Ramon
vs. Tatanka

Non-Title Match

Bret "The Hitman" Hart
vs. Goldust w/Marlena

http://i.imgur.com/D2Jigk6.jpg

WWF Monday Night RAW
Monday, Week 4, January 1996

Superstars next, feedback appreciated as always!

WWF Superstars: Week 4, January 1996

1. WELCOME! (55; C-):
    It's just Jim Ross and Vince McMahon on the commentary team here tonight, but that's not gonna stop them for calling all the action here tonight!

• In our main event, we've got The Smokin' Gunns defending their World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles against Sycho Sid and the 1-2-3 Kid!

• We've also got Owen Hart taking on "Spark Plug" Bob Holly!

[*]
MATCH (52; D+):
Marty Jannetty vs. Rad Radford

• Rad just gets brutalized week after week, and this time he had his face rearranged by the Rocker Dropper.

[*]
RAW RECAP (72; B-):
McMahon and Ross remind us of the key events taking place on RAW.

• They took particular interest in Vader's debut, Hunter Hearst Helmsley's challenge to Shawn Michaels, and Bret Hart's victory over Goldust.

[*]
KEEP RUNNING (56; C-):
Dok Hendrix is backstage with
Razor Ramon
for an interview segment about the 1-2-3 Kid.

• Razor's promo is succinct; he tells the Kid to keep on running because one day Razor's gonna catch him and that's when he's
    really
    gonna find out why they call him "The Bad Guy."

[*]
COLLISION COURSE (60; C):
Vince hypes the main event of next Monday's episode of RAW:
"Big Daddy Cool" Diesel
will go one-on-one with
the British Bulldog
!

• JR says that both of these guys have immense power, and whichever one hits the first big power move could win that matchup.

• Thanks for the expert analysis, Jim.

[*]
MATCH (43; D):
Ahmed Johnson vs. King Mabel w/Sir Mo

• This match was absolutely horrific. Mabel is a terrible worker.

• Mabel missed a splash or something, which opened a window for Ahmed, but Ahmed got busted up by Jeff Jarrett from behind to cause a DQ.

[*]
ROADBLOCK (47; D):
When Ahmed used his raw power to regain some balance against Jarrett, he was looking for the Pearl River Plunge.

• Before he could connect, he was hit from behind by
    The Roadie
    , who made his return to the World Wrestling Federation!

• The Roadie saved Jarrett as the two retreated to the back after a quick attack on Ahmed Johnson.

[*]
HBK/HHH HYPE (60; C):
There's a short break followed by hype for a match signed for In Your House, featuring
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
and

• While McMahon seems to be clearly in favor of Michaels, Ross acknowledges Hunter's amazing performance in the Royal Rumble match and is much more unsure of who will win.

[*]
MATCH (62; C):
Bob Holly vs. Owen Hart

• "Spark Plug" gave it his all in this one, but Owen was too technically sound.

• A Sharpshooter deflated Holly's tires as he submitted to end this one.

[*]
DIESEL POWERLESS (69; C+):
In the back, Dok Hendrix is with
the British Bulldog
and
Jim Cornette
talking about Monday night.

• Davey Boy flexes as Cornette talks him up, shouting about how there's never been a stronger man in the World Wrestling Federation.

• It's Cornette's belief that he's going to have no trouble picking Diesel up for the Powerslam on Monday night!

[*]
TAG TEAM TITLES (54; C-):
The Smokin' Gunns defend against Sycho Sid and 1-2-3 Kid

• This seemed to be a formidable task for the Texas cowboys, as the 'thunder-and-lightning' team of Sid and the Kid necessitated that they fought a well-rounded match.

• Sid and the Kid looked like they had a good chance of winning the titles, but a distraction from Razor Ramon led to the Kid getting rolled up by Billy Gunn for the win!

[*]
BANKRUPT (60; C):
Ted DiBiase
and his
Corporation
are livid as
Razor
smirks from up the ramp!

• The crowd cheers for
    The Smokin' Gunns
    raising their belts in the air while McMahon thanks us for tuning in, and reminds us about Monday Night RAW tomorrow night!

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
63 ©

Notes
: I thought this one was decent, it got some feuds pushed forward a bit and hyped the main event for tomorrow night pretty well.

Quick Results

Marty Jannetty
vs. Rad Radford

Ahmed Johnson
vs. King Mabel w/Sir Mo; DQ

Bob Holly vs.
Owen Hart

The Smokin' Gunns
vs. Sycho Sid and 1-2-3 Kid w/Ted DiBiase

WWF Superstars
Sunday, Week 4, January 1996

The hardest part of booking this era is the poor 'commentator talks about X feud/match' segments, but I'm sticking through it as it's really doing wonders for the popularities of JR and McMahon, so the segments should definitely get better as we move forward. Hope you guys liked January, on to February!

Monthly Recap: January 1996

WWF Monthly Recap: January 1996

World Wrestling Federation

Size: National

Prestige: 90

Momentum: 73

Finances: $3,203,535 ($703,535 profit)

Champions:

WWF World Heavyweight: Bret Hart (95; A*)

WWF Intercontinental: Goldust (69; C+)

WWF World Tag Team: The Smokin' Gunns (58; C-)

Pay-Per-View: Royal Rumble

Main Event/Match of the Night/Match of the Month: The Undertaker defeated Bret Hart by disqualification in a WWF Title match (82, B)

Event Grade: 80 (B)

Movement:

Signings/Re-Signings: None

Departures: None

TV Ratings/PPV Buy Rate Breakdown

Week 1

Monday Night RAW: 5.27

Superstars: 0.43

Week 2

Monday Night RAW: 5.32

Superstars: 0.44

Week 3

Monday Night RAW: 5.13

Superstars: 0.44

Week 4

Monday Night RAW: 5.34

Superstars: 0.43

PPV Buy Rate: 2.48

WWF Roster as of February 1, 1996

Main Event

Bret "The Hitman" Hart (F)

The British Bulldog (H)

"Big Daddy Cool" Diesel (T)

Goldust (H)

"The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon (F)

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels (F)

"Sycho" Sid (H)

The Undertaker (F)

Vader (H)

Upper Midcard

Ahmed Johnson (F)

Bob Backlund (H)

Jerry "The King" Lawler (H)

Marty Jannetty (F)

"The Rocket" Owen Hart (H)

"Native American" Tatanka (H)

Yokozuna (H)

Midcard

The 1-2-3 Kid (H)

Bart Gunn (F)

Billy Gunn (F)

"Spark Plug" Bob Holly (F)

Henry O. Godwinn (F)

Hunter Hearst Helmsley (H)

"Double J" Jeff Jarrett (H)

King Mabel (H)

"Make a Difference" Phatu (F)

Savio Vega (F)

"The Ringmaster" Steve Austin (H)

The Roadie (H)

Zip (H)

Lower Midcard

Duke "The Dumpster" Droese (F)

Isaac Yankem DDS (H)

Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw (H)

Sir Mo (H)

Skip (H)

Opener

Aldo Montoya (F)

Barry Horowitz (F)

Buddy Landel (H)

Hakushi (F)

Enhancement Talent

Brooklyn Brawler (H)

Rad Radford (H)

Occasional Wrestlers

Bushwhacker Butch (F)

Bushwhacker Luke (F)

Jake "The Snake" Roberts (F)

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper (F)

Managers

Hillbilly Jim (F); manages no one

Jim Cornette (H); manages Camp Cornette

Marlena (H); manages Goldust

Mr. Fuji (H); manages Yokozuna

Paul Bearer (F); manages The Undertaker

Sunny (H); manages The Bodydonnas

Ted DiBiase (H); manages Million Dollar Corporation

Uncle Zebekiah (?); manages Justin “Hawk” Bradshaw

Announcers

Jim Ross

Vince McMahon

Color Commentators

Dok Hendrix

Curt Hennig

Jerry Lawler

Tag Teams

The Bodydonnas (Skip and Zip)

The Bushwhackers (Butch and Luke)

Razor Ramon and Savio Vega

The Smokin’ Gunns (Billy and Bart Gunn)

Stables

Camp Cornette (Jim Cornette, British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Vader, Yokozuna)

Million Dollar Corporation (Ted DiBiase, Sid Vicious, 1-2-3 Kid, The Ringmaster)

WWF Monday Night RAW: Week 1, February 1996

1. OPENING VIDEO/WELCOME (71; B-):
    Welcome everyone to this edition of Monday Night RAW with
    McMahon
    and
    Lawler
    at ringside.

• This one's got a jam-packed night of action where
      Diesel
      takes on
      the British Bulldog
      in the main event!

• They're cut off by the stupid music of
      Henry O. Godwinn

[*]
PLEASE GOD NO (36; D-):
Henry Godwinn was out for tag team action, but who's his partner?

• Well he comes out with the returning
    Hillbilly Jim
    , but he hasn't stepped in the ring since that accident with the goats and the...nevermind

• The two men point to the back, when out comes
    another
    man dressed in overalls....the announcers refer to him as
    Phineas I. Godwinn

• He's the tag partner. P.I.G. is teaming with H.O.G... this makes me ill.

[*]
MATCH (45; D):
The Godwinns w/Hillbilly Jim vs. The Bodydonnas w/Sunny

• The newly introduced Bodydonnas, who just fought for the Tag Titles, should gain some momentum back, right? That's logic?

• Far be it from me to make sense of any of this. Godwinns pick up the victory when Zip falls to the Slop Drop from Henry.

[*]
CHAMPS CORNETTE? (52; D+):
In between segments, Lawler and McMahon let us know that next week here on RAW,
Owen Hart and Yokozuna
will take on
The Smokin' Gunns
for the WWF Tag Team Titles!

• McMahon praises the Gunns highly and questions Camp Cornette's mindset while Lawler downplays the miscommunication, saying that no one can stop this team!

[*]
WITH MY BABY TONIGHT (51; D+):
"Double J" Jeff Jarrett
and
"The Roadie" Jesse James
are in the back with Dok Hendrix.

• They're asked about their assault on Ahmed Johnson from Superstars and neither man seems particularly remorseful.

• Jarrett says that Ahmed got what's coming to him and he should just stay home and out of the WWF where he belongs!

[*]
RECAP (66; C+):
A quick recap video shows the events transpiring between
Shawn Michaels
and
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
leading into their match at In Your House.

[*]
MATCH (46; D):

• This rematch from the Royal Rumble's Free For All was mercifully much more decisive than the first.

• A Pedigree ended the night of Droese prematurely as Hunter claimed victory.

[*]
GARBAGE DAY (64; C):
Helmsley looked to take out the trash by continuing to decimate Droese after the match.

• As he lifted Duke's garbage can over his head to deliver the finishing blow, he sensed
    sliding into the ring behind him!

• Helmsley dropped the garbage can and retreated to the back without Michaels touching him, but "The Heartbreak Kid" wanted a brawl!

[*]
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS (76; B-):
There's a short recap of
Goldust
beating
Razor Ramon
for the Intercontinental Title at the Rumble.

• This is followed by a graphic letting us know that Goldust will be on
    The Undertaker's
    Funeral Parlor - next!

[*]
GOLDEN SHOVEL (77; B):
Paul Bearer
welcomes us to the Funeral Parlor with his guest, the Intercontinental Champion
Goldust
!

• Goldust comes onto the screen with 'Taker digging a grave in the background, Marlena nowhere in sight.

• Goldust seems oddly comfortable in the unorthodox environment, and he begins to talk about his time in the dark...before he was...Goldust. Shot at WCW perhaps?

• He gets closer and closer to The Undertaker, who stops digging and stares him down as he mentions his Royal Rumble title victory and the Phenom's...lack thereof as he takes the IC Title out from around his waist to brandish it.

• As he begins to saunter back over to Bearer, he turns around and blasts 'Taker in the head with the Intercontinental Title, knocking him into the grave! Goldust walks away with his arms outstretched as he escapes a furious Undertaker!

[*]
MATCH (53; C-):
Hakushi vs. "The Ringmaster" Steve Austin w/Ted DiBiase

• Despite Hakushi's best efforts, this one was a laugher.

• The commentators spent most of the time here talking about the explosive Funeral Parlor we just witnessed.

• He countered the high-risk offense of the Japanese superstar with a methodical assault, forcing him to pass out while in the Million Dollar Dream.

[*]
CAGED ANIMALS (76; B-):
Up next is a video recapping what's happened so far surrounding the WWF Title match at In Your House.

• McMahon and Lawler speculate as to whether
    Diesel
    will accept
    Bret Hart's
    steel cage challenge here tonight!

[*]
UNSTOPPABLE (61; C):
Before our main event,
Owen Hart
and
Yokozuna
are backstage with
Jim Cornette
being interviewed by Dok Hendrix.

• Owen and Cornette have choice words for The Smokin' Gunns, and they trash them for about thirty seconds.

• Owen says that he and Yokozuna are gonna put those dirty rumors to rest and whip those cowboys for the Tag Team Titles. Woo!

[*]
MATCH (73; B-):
"Big Daddy Cool" Diesel vs. British Bulldog

• These two powerhouses went at it in a pretty solid main event match.

• "Big Daddy Cool" wasn't able to hit the Jacknife as even without Camp Cornette at ringside, the Bulldog held his own.

• Eventually, Diesel pounded down on the Bulldog and powerslammed him on the outside, and he rolled into the ring to complete a count-out victory.

[*]
BLUE STEEL (76; B-):
Following the match,
Bret "The Hitman" Hart
makes his way to the ring, asking McMahon to get in the ring and ask Diesel his response.

• As Vince gets into the ring, Diesel snags his microphone away from him, turns to Bret, and tells him he's damn well on for In Your House!

• Diesel stuffs the microphone into Bret's chest and walks past him and out of the ring!

• Quickly back on commentary, McMahon hypes the newly-set Steel Cage title match at In Your House, before reminding us to tune-in to Superstars this Sunday night!

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
70 (C+)

Notes
: This show increased our popularity in 10 regions, while it declined in 10 other regions. Also, Sunny (Tammy Sytch) accidentally put a couple of dents into Linda McMahon's rental car...and refused to pay for it? Vince was apparently livid, but Sytch walked away with nothing but a stern warning.

Quick Results

The Godwinns w/Hillbilly Jim
vs. The Bodydonnas w/Sunny

Duke "The Dumpster Droese vs.
Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Hakushi vs.
"The Ringmaster" Steve Austin w/Ted DiBiase

"Big Daddy Cool" Diesel
vs. British Bulldog; count-out

WWF Monday Night RAW
Monday, Week 1, February 1996

1. WELCOME!/RAW RECAP (82; B/79; B):
    Once again sans Mr. Perfect,
    Jim Ross
    and
    Vince McMahon
    were on hand for this one, welcoming the television audience to the show!

• The first thing they do is recap RAW and the Funeral Parlor, weighing in on
      Goldust's
      attack on
      The Undertaker

• After showing us that Gorilla Monsoon quickly made a match between the two at In Your House for the Intercontinental Title, McMahon and Ross go down the card for tonight -- the main event is
      Shawn Michaels
      against
      Jeff Jarrett
      !

[*]
MATCH (43; D):
Marty Jannetty vs. Isaac Yankem, DDS

• Yankem looked to overpower his smaller opponent, but Jannetty was able to pull out the surprise win with a roll-up.

[*]
MONSTER MATCHUPS (71; B-/58; C-):
McMahon and Ross let us know of two major matchups taking place tomorrow night on RAW.

• A graphic accompanies the fact that
    Razor Ramon
    will take on
    Sycho Sid
    of the Million Dollar Corporation!

• Additionally, they remind us of the friction between Camp Cornette as
    Owen Hart and Yokozuna
    challenge
    The Smokin' Gunns
    for the WWF Tag Team Championship!

[*]
MATCH (40; D-):
The Bushwhackers vs. The Bodydonnas w/Sunny

• Despite dropping a bad loss to the Godwinns on RAW, the Bodydonnas got back on track and beat up the idiotic Bushwhackers here.

[*]
TITLE HYPE/RAZOR SHARP (67; C+/68; C+):
Quickly, Ross and McMahon hype up the WWF Title clash at In Your House between
Bret "The Hitman" Hart
and
"Big Daddy Cool" Diesel

• They then send us to the back where Dok Hendrix is interviewing
    Razor Ramon
    about Sycho Sid.

• Razor trashes Sid and says he's gonna teach the 1-2-3 Kid a lesson by whipping on his big boy toy on RAW this Monday.

[*]
MATCH (49; D):
Barry Horowitz vs. Vader w/Jim Cornette

• This match went exactly how you expected when you read this.

[*]
A NEW ERA (77; B):
Jim Cornette grabs a microphone and hypes Vader to the heavens.

• He tells Gorilla Monsoon to line up the entire New Generation in front of Vader because he'll squash them like bugs one-by-one.

• The WWF has never seen anyone the likes of Vader and that's why he doesn't have a match at In Your House. He will bring destruction to the World Wrestling Federation.

[*]
IN YOUR HOUSE! (77; B):
The commentators run down the In Your House matches signed thus far.

• Signed right now is Goldust taking on The Undertaker which we found out about earlier tonight, "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels versus Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and Bret Hart defending his WWF Title against Diesel inside a steel cage!

[*]
BY THE HORNS (59; C):
The WWF Tag Team Champions,
The Smokin' Gunns
, cut a promo backstage alongside Dok Hendrix.

• They've got some words for Owen and Yokozuna, saying that they might be bigger, stronger, and faster as a team, but Billy and Bart are gonna give them an old-school, Texas-sized butt whoopin' this Monday on RAW and retain the Tag Titles.

• These guys are idiots.

• McMahon lets us know that Shawn Michaels takes on Jeff Jarrett - next!

[*]
MAIN EVENT (79; B):
Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Jarrett w/The Roadie

• This was a really good match on Superstars between two men who can go in the ring.

• The announcers spent much of the match hyping the two men's respective feuds.

• Roadie helped Jarrett anywhere he could, but once
    Ahmed Johnson
    ran him off, Michaels was able to take control and finish it with Sweet Chin Music!

[*]
HITMAN VS BIG MAN (76; B-):
The show closes after a recap video of
Bret Hart's
rivalry with
Diesel
airs.

• Once that's done, McMahon reminds us of our two big matches coming tomorrow night, and tells the TV audience to tune in!

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
74 (B-)

Notes
: Nice show, Jarrett and Michaels put on a good one!

Quick Results

Marty Jannetty
vs. Isaac Yankem, DDS

The Bushwhackers vs.
The Bodydonnas w/Sunny

Barry Horowitz vs.
Vader w/Jim Cornette

Shawn Michaels
vs. Jeff Jarrett w/The Roadie

WWF Superstars
Sunday, Week 1, February 1996

Couple of weeks until In Your House, hope you guys are still enjoying it
:)

• 3 weeks later...

WWF Monday Night RAW: Week 2, February 1996

1. OPENING VIDEO/WELCOME (78; B):
    As always,
    Jerry "The King" Lawler
    and
    Vince McMahon
    are here live covering the action here tonight!

• Our card tonight shapes up as follows:
      The Ringmaster
      is in action,
      Owen Hart and Yokozuna
      challenge for the Tag Titles, and
      Sycho Sid
      takes on
      Razor Ramon
      in the main event!

• They simply talk over the entrance of
      Bob Backlund
      , who's out for the opening matchup.

[*]
MATCH (63; C):
Ahmed Johnson vs. Bob Backlund

• We can only hope that Ahmed learned a thing or two here in the ring with a legend.

• The fans love him because he has some weird unique charisma, but Ahmed doesn't really have a damn thing going for him talent-wise.

• That being said, Backlund made him look pretty good, as he took the loss after a Pearl River Plunge.

[*]
SLOP SHOP (46; D):
The Godwinns
, Phineas and Henry, are on their 'farm' with their uncle
Hillbilly Jim

• It took less than five seconds for me to stop paying attention to this segment, but I think they were doing some weird 'comedy' stuff involving farm animals.

• Hillbilly Jim says they're gonna win the Tag Titles soon. Sure, buddy.

[*]
NO WAY OUT (71; B-):
Lawler and McMahon send us to
Dok Hendrix
in the back, who's standing by with
"Big Daddy Cool."

• Diesel fires some menacing warning shots toward the WWF Champion, telling Bret that there's no way out come In Your House.

• Bret can only escape for so long, and once the 7' tall "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel gets his black glove around his throat, he's only one Jacknife away from reclaiming his rightful position as WWF Champion.

[*]
MATCH (49; D+):
Avatar vs. "The Ringmaster" Steve Austin w/Ted DiBiase

• This was less a match than a massacre. The Million Dollar Dream ended it for the Bruce Willis impersonator in about two minutes.

[*]
MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE (77; B):
DiBiase picks up the mic after the match and hypes his man to the moon.

• He goes as far to challenge anyone in the World Wrestling Federation who wants to take on the Million Dollar Champion for the Free For All match at In Your House.

• The two villains let out an evil laugh as they smugly walk to the back.

[*]
RECAP/HYPE (70 (C+):
McMahon and Lawler show us a video of the
Camp Cornette
miscue at the Royal Rumble, with Owen Hart eliminating his tag team partner.

• Lawler takes offense to McMahon's accusation that Owen did it on purpose; he instead backs up Owen's claim that he tripped and it was a mistake.

• Hot-headed McMahon disagrees, saying that Yokozuna is 600+ pounds and that it couldn't have been an accident. Regardless, their tag team opportunity is up next!

[*]
TAG TITLES (61; C):
The Smokin' Gunns © vs. Owen Hart and Yokozuna w/Jim Cornette and British Bulldog

• Most of Camp Cornette was at ringside wreaking havoc throughout this whole match.

• The Gunns put in a good night's work as Owen tried to bark orders to Yokozuna the entire match.

• After a blind tag, Owen went for a missile dropkick, but missed it. This led to a double dropkick to Yokozuna and the Sidewinder for the title defense!

[*]
DEAD (SUPER HEAVY)WEIGHT (66; C+):
Yokozuna
gets in the ring to help
Owen
to his feet, and Owen pauses for a moment before kicking him straight in the groin!

• The Bulldog
    rolls in the ring and puts the boots to the former WWF Champion as well, with
    Cornette
    barking orders!

• Davey Boy picks the big man up for a suplex and Owen goes to lock in the Sharpshooter, but officials break it up as Camp Cornette has laid waste to Yokozuna!

[*]
CONNECTICUT CONTEMPT (70; C+):
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
cuts a quick promo on
Shawn Michaels
right before our main event.

• Shawn, he says, relies too much on his fat, unsophisticated white trash fans in the arena to ever achieve his 'boyhood dream.'

• He recommends that Shawn drops out of his WrestleMania main event to allow a real champion to ascend to the throne, and if he doesn't, Hunter's gonna show the world the real Royal Rumble winner.

[*]
MATCH (72; B-):
Razor Ramon vs. Sycho Sid

• Our main event pitted two big men against one another.

• Razor found it a bit tough to lift Sid for the Razor's Edge throughout the match, and thus tried to find a different way to finish it.

• Sid wasn't to be counted out though, as he used his clunky, slow offense to wear "The Bad Guy" down.

• As seems to be the case,
    The 1-2-3 Kid
    really hates fair finishes, so he interrupted this one with a spinning heel kick to Razor, prompting a disqualification.

[*]
SAVIO SAVE (65 ; C):
The little title here pretty much says it all.

• Sid and the Kid put the boots to Razor, but his friend
    Savio Vega
    came sprinting down the aisle and gave some hits to the attackers.

• By the time Sid grabbed Vega, he had already delivered a Caribbean Kick to the Kid, and Razor had stood up to attack Sid!

• Razor clotheslined Sid over the top rope as the Million Dollar Corporation walked to the back in defeat with Ramon and Savio in the ring taunting them!

[*]
WHAT DID HE JUST SAY? (78; B):
Our final segment is an in-ring interview with
Jim Ross
and the Intercontinental Champion
Goldust
!

• JR asks him about his attack on Undertaker on the Funeral Parlor last week.

• "The Bizarre One" stood by with
    Marlena
    and gave a very odd answer, something about tension and lust and the usual creepy topics he talks about...with his...wife (I think?) standing right next to him.

• Goldust takes it one step further, mentioning the word 'necrophilia' in regards to 'Taker as Jim Ross tries to take the mic away.
    ('Oh my God, what did he say?' - Lawler)

• The IC Champion continues to talk for a moment, but with the shock of the crowd at the mention of that word, the microphone cuts out! McMahon apologizes for Goldust's actions
    ('This is a family television show')
    and there's a very awkward and abrupt ending to our show - but not before Vince reminds us to tune in to Superstars this Sunday.

OVERALL SHOW RATING:
73 (B-)

Notes
: This show increased our popularity in 10 regions, while it declined in 10 other regions. It's been better received than our last couple of shows though.

Quick Results

Ahmed Johnson
vs. Bob Backlund

"The Ringmaster" Steve Austin w/Ted DiBiase

The Smokin' Gunns ©
vs. Owen Hart and Yokozuna w/Jim Cornette and British Bulldog

Razor Ramon
vs. Sycho Sid; DQ

WWF Monday Night RAW
Monday, Week 2, February 1996

Archived