Altering product settings in the editor

Have you guys ever wanted to book a certain company, but their product clashes with your booking style, so you use the in-game editor to alter the min/max settings so you can change the product to suit your needs?

I'm a fan of the No Holds Barred mod for TEW2010, and I liked booking as NWA, because performance was equal to popularity. But a few mods I've tried for TEW2013 had WCW set as popularity being far more important than performance, and I just don't know how to book that way.

So I've been thinking of altering the WCW min/max product settings to allow for an equalization of performance and popularity. Because in the one mod in particular, WCW has some really good workers, but they aren't crazy popular, so the match ratings suffer.

What's your opinion on using the editor to alter the product settings? It takes away from some realism of real world mods, sure, but TEW is all about doing things your way, in the end.

<p>I think that if you do it that you should be conscious of your roster even moreso than your prefered booking style since often times the roster is best suited to be ran with it's default product. For example it wouldnt really be smart to switch WCW to Performance based in 1998 when the strength of your main eventers is clearly their fame while their bodies and skills are ever declining. </p><p> </p><p>

On the other hand you wouldn't change ROH to being popularity based with a roster full of young and mostly unknown talent so if it clashes with your style you have to find a balance.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lucied" data-cite="Lucied" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38449" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have you guys ever wanted to book a certain company, but their product clashes with your booking style, so you use the in-game editor to alter the min/max settings so you can change the product to suit your needs?<p> </p><p> I'm a fan of the No Holds Barred mod for TEW2010, and I liked booking as NWA, because performance was equal to popularity. But a few mods I've tried for TEW2013 had WCW set as popularity being far more important than performance, and I just don't know how to book that way.</p><p> </p><p> So I've been thinking of altering the WCW min/max product settings to allow for an equalization of performance and popularity. Because in the one mod in particular, WCW has some really good workers, but they aren't crazy popular, so the match ratings suffer.</p><p> </p><p> What's your opinion on using the editor to alter the product settings? It takes away from some realism of real world mods, sure, but TEW is all about doing things your way, in the end.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have probably done that before in the past, but what I would actually encourage you to do, rather than to edit the game to fit your play style, take the challenge of fitting your play style to the game. Personally I used to suck badly anytime I was running a popularity over performance fed, then about a year maybe year and a half ago I was reading someone diary write up, and they had a lot of unknowns they were trying to build up in SWF. The talked about how since only the SM and ME really count from matchs and the top 2 angles count from angles you can pretty much tank the rest as long as those are good. After that it was just a process of trying to figue out how to get those things to be good enough.</p>

<p>The only thing I've done in terms of changing the product is in USPW, lowering their match ratio. There's no way they can be successful at 80% they are set at the beginning. Or having Sam Strong not involved in the show (so I just edited him to be an Authority Figure instead of a Road Agent in the default data).</p><p> </p><p>

If you're not playing as USPW, they at least have a chance at not dropping to Cult in the first month with those changes.</p>

Archived