Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling 1983: Things Might Be Slightly Odd

Welcome to Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. First, there are no Crocketts here. They were summarily sacked by the NWA and didn't have the guts to take their promotion independent so they sold it to me. Who am I? No one you've ever seen, but you will be seeing a lot of me now. I'm going to be very hands on booking all the shows and molding this collection of amazing wrestlers into an International force to be reckoned with.

I'm fast-forwarding this to the 1st Week of March. Here's my Popularity.

http://i.imgur.com/0ByXKwF.png?1

As you can see, I've just recently hit Cult, which is why I'm starting now. Here is the product, which is mostly unchanged.

http://i.imgur.com/42CW6ys.png?1

Yes, for those long-time forum members, you will notice I'm running a pop>performance instead of my equal fed that I always use. There's one simple reason for that. You have to run matches at 20/40 Intensity/Danger which just doesn't work when people are having 5 matches per week (thanks to all the PPA deals and shows).

Oh, and all thanks to Alvarasus for this awesome mod. The angles for the most part though are a culled down collection from my hodgepodge of TEW10 file I used. I'm also fairly new to this version so if anything changed between 10 and 13, and I'm acting like I don't know about it, I don't, so tell me. Also, between times of me posting on here Upload Screenshot went kaput. I hope imagur works though I've found I like the small write-ups others are doing, so there will be fewer pictures in general than previous diaries.

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Roster

As of March 3rd, 1983

Main Event

Dick Slater-Heel (Pop in M-A:58) PPA/SWCW (Iffy Future) Age:35

Dory Funk Jr-Heel 68 PPA/AJPW(Touring) 42

Greg Valentine-Heel 92 Written $12,770/mo 31

Jay Youngblood-Face 74 Written $10,870/mo 27

Jos Leduc-Heel 63 PPA (Iffy Future/Contract Expiry/35 Selling) 38

Ric Flair-Face 85 Written $19,150/mo 34

Roddy Piper-Face 94 PPA/PNW (I'm Very Angry @PNW) 28

Terry Funk-Heel 68 PPA/CState/AJPW(Touring) 38

Tully Blanchard-Heel 72 PPA/SWCW/WWC (Not Thrilled w/WWC either) 29

Upper Midcard

Bob Orton Jr-Face 73 PPA/CWF Age:32

Don Kernodle-Heel 65 PPA (Negative backstage so Iffy Future) 32

Jimmy Garvin-Heel 51 PPA/CWF 30

Jimmy Valiant-Face 61(Starts @65 fwiw) Written $8,090 40

King Kong Bundy-Heel 25 PPA (Just Signed & to keep WCCW from Written) 25

Magnum T.A.-Face 46 Written $3,900 23

Michael Hayes-Heel 53 PPA(See KKB) 23

Ricky Santana-Heel 38 Written $3,210 21

Ricky Steamboat-Face 72 Written $20,080 (Please don't tell Flair!) 30

Midcard

Arn Anderson-Face 37 PPA/MSW/SECW Age:22

Barry Windham-Face 55 PPA/CWF/AWA 24

Bobby Eaton-Heel 40 PPA/CWA 22

Brad Armstrong-Face 31 (1 Week) Written $2,970 21

Brad Rheingans-Face 31 (Just Started) Written $3,730 29

Buddy Landell-Heel 45 (Just Started) Written $2,320 21

Crusher Bloomfield (aka One Man Gang)-Heel 63 Written $2,500 23

Jake Roberts-Face 56 PPA/CWF 27

Mando Guerrero-Face 30 (1 Week) Written $3,570 30

Mark Youngblood-Face 41 PPA/CState/MLW (Gone if not for last name) 23

Mike Rotundo-Face 59 PPA/CWF 24

Randy Savage-Heel 46 PPA/CWA/AWA 30

Steve “Dr. Death” Williams-Heel 20 (Just Started) Written $2,550 22

Wendell Cooley-Heel 29 Written $2,390 30

Lower Midcard

Demolition Smash-Heel 27 (1 Week) Written $2,200 23

Jim Duggan-Face 17 (1 Week) Written $3,960 29

Jim Neidhart-Heel 17 (Just Started) Written $2,200 26

Stoney Burke-Face 34 Written $1,620 29

The Kiss-Face 28 Written $1,870 23

Opener

Brutus Beefcake-Face 18 PPA/PNW Age:25

Fidel Serra-Heel 12 PPA 22

Joel Deaton-Heel 22 Written $1,620 25

Koko B. Ware-Face 22 PPA/CWA 25

Enhancement Talents

Bret Hart-Heel 6 (Just Started) Written $3,220 (I'd complain but that's a 5-year deal) 25

Mark Fleming-Heel 21 Written $2,390 31

Managers

Gary Hart (On his way out)

Johnny Valentine-Heel 92 Written $19,200 Managing: Greg & Bobby Eaton (and really Tully & J. Garvin too though Sunshine is listed)

Miss Elizabeth-Face 11 Written $2,240 Managing: Jake, Magnum T.A., and Arn (and Matt Borne when he signs) though again she's just the Valet

Oliver Humperdink-Heel PPA/CWF Managing: Every Heel Menacing Wrestler on the roster: KKB, Jos, Crusher, Steve Williams, and Nikolai Volkoff

Sunshine-Heel PPA/CWF/WCCW Managing: Tully and Jimmy Garvin as Valet

Announcers/Color Commentary

Bob Caudle-Face Written $5,830

Rich Landrum-Face Written $3,140

Johnny Weaver-Face/CC Written $10,730 He's only here due to his Excellent Experience with Rich as he's only a 61 Charisma. Hello B Show @National

Referees

Randy Anderson Written $3,810

Tommy Young PPA/MLW (I'm not happy with them either)

Road Agent

The Assassin-Heel Written $14,780

Wrestlers Who's Contracts Haven't Started Yet

Demolition Ax-Heel M-A Pop:60 Written $12,180 Age:35

Jerry Blackwell-Face 47 Written $5,930 33

Nikolai Volkoff-Heel 35 Written $5,340 35

Sgt. Slaughter-Heel 70 Written $12,360 34 (Terry Funk concussed him for a month;7 Days left)

Tony Atlas-Face 50 Written $7,640 28

Wahoo McDaniel-Face 65 Written $19,520 44

Tag Teams

Bad Company-Exp.1 (Bob Orton & Magnum T.A. Great Chemistry)

Demolition-Exp.43(Preset) Regular

Ric Flair & Arn Anderson-Exp.50(Preset)

Roddy Piper & Bob Orton-Exp. 47

Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle-Exp. 67 Regular

Steamboat & Youngblood-Exp. 100 Regular

The Funk Brothers-Exp. 100 Regular-ish

The U.S. Express-Exp.58 (Preset at 55) (Windham&Rotundo)

Storylines

The Final Conflict: Started with Steamboat & Youngblood vs Sarge & Don. The Funks joined in Feb. Heat-82/B

The US Express vs Humperdink: Started when Rotundo re-took the TV title from Crusher in Feb. Has just the 5 people (Leduc as the 5th), but as you can see by the roster, it's about to pick up. Standard Mid-card Storyline. Heat-73

Valentine's Stable Goes To War: Evolved from the starting storyline of Piper & Orton vs Flair & Valentine. The Bloody Valentines are Johnny & Greg Valentine, Tully, Jimmy Garvin, & Sunshine. I'm reluctant to put Eaton in as he might be gone due to roster over-crowding. The Faces are Piper, Flair, and Orton.

Titles

NWA World Heavyweight (ME:100)

Champion: Roddy Piper

Won @New Year's Beatings from Flair

3 Defenses

NWA United States Heavyweight (ME: 96)

Champion: Greg Valentine

Won Week 1 November 1982 from Wahoo

7 Defenses

NWA World Tag Title (FL: 84)

Champions: Steamboat & Youngblood

Won @New Year's Beatings from Sarge & Don

2 Defenses

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight (FL: 80)

Champion: Terry Funk

Won Week 2 World Wide Wrestling (TV) from Jack Brico

6 Defenses

NWA Television (MC: 70)

Champion: Mike Rotundo

Won Week 2 Feb. MACW In Your Town from Crusher (so 1 more match until July)

1 Defense

Noteable Things:

1.I've turned the roster over quite a bit. The only ones that ran themselves off were the Briscos. Picking a fight with Arn Anderson, one of the nicest people in the locker room, is a fire-able offense.

2.After hitting Cult, I declared War on Mid-South (That's the Dr. Death, Tony Atlas, Volkoff, Duggan, Landell, and soon to be Matt Borne who'd been loaned to me signings along with Magnum on a Written) and AWA (Blackwell, Brad R., and Wahoo. Oh and one more once he's done with his NJPW Tour, though just to stay with the “Bizzaro” nature, he'll be a Heel with no ugly dyed beard. Why did I declare war? Well, Pinky, it's to take over the world. :)

3.Georgia Championship Wrestling is at -$112,000 and at Cult so there's a good chance I'm going to get to buy them out. Though there's few people I could sign to Writtens: Definitely: Gordon Solie, Tito Santana, Tommy Rich, and Paul Orndoff. Probably: Larry Z. and Iron Sheik Possibly: The Road Warriors (Bad Attitudes) and Scrappy McGowan (3rd Ref). That's how I got Demolition and Brad Armstrong as they cut people when they went in the red.

4.World Wide Wrestling is being shown in 3 areas as I expanded it into the Great Lakes as WPCQ wouldn't let me expand it to ESPN. Guess I'm going to have to cancel both TV shows, I start with 2 which is accurate irl but not in game, before I can get on a great network. Well unless I can get GCW's TV show on TBS. :)

5.My Written contracts total either $220,680 or $239,880 as I can't remember if I already figured in Johnny Valentine's Written deal that is a day away. I've only got the 2 other contracts pending in Matt Borne (not too expensive) and Buddy Rogers (expensive manager but need another face one).

6.Yes, my roster will be at 50 wrestlers once everyone is signed vs the required 28. However, I'm running 2 1.5 hr TV shows and a Weekly 2.5 hr show along with the Big Monthly Show. So that's 9 shows they're going to be on (TV shows are taped on the same night so it's one or the other for the wrestlers). Hopefully, I won't go broke.

7.On that note, I made $322,899 last month while doing the default negotiation on Written deals (meaning the bonus equals their monthly pay) and hitting Cult. So, I'm pretty confident I'll keep making money. Oh, my starting balance for the month is $944,780 (minus those 3 Written deals bonus).

8.The NWA consists of AJPW, ASW (All-Star Wrestling), CState, CWA (Memphis), CWF, CMLL, GCW, MLW, PNW, SECW, WCCW, WWC, WWF, and myself. The rules of the NWA mean I cannot sign anyone who also works there to a Written deal, and I can't run a show in their region. That means I can run in Great Lakes, South West, Tri-State, and Hawaii along with Mid-Atlantic. Yes, I realize SWCW isn't on there, but Tully works for WWC too. Gino Hernandez is toxic, I'm still not sold on Slater long-term, and there just isn't anyone else on the roster I could sign to a Written. Sure, Ricky Morton is there, but Robert Gibson is working in SECW and another NWA fed so no RnR Express for awhile. Hmmm...forgot about Hector Guerrero.

9.The Company rankings are 1.AJPW, WWF (Cult), NJPW, AWA, WCCW (Cult), GCW (Cult), Me (Cult), CMLL, CWF, UWA for the Top 10. So, when the AI decides to be funny and loan Flair out to WWF for their big show that is opposite mine 2 days before it is put on, I have to bump my show up a day. When I hit National, you can bet that is going to be one of the top 3 reasons listed to leave the NWA. The other two are the coconuts Piper is going to hit them over the head with.

Here are the Heavyweight Champs from the bigger feds to save people from asking. WWF:Big John Studd (Taken from Backlund. In related story their shows are awful), AWA:Nick Bockwinkel (Taken back recently from Blackjack Lanza so their shows have been mediocre too thus why they aren't at Cult yet), WCCW:Michael Hayes, GCW:Ole Anderson (Taken from Rich at the end of Jan. Booker giving himself the title.), and CWF: Dusty Rhodes (Taken from Kevin Sullivan at the big show to end Feb. Another booker giving himself the title).

I'm planning on one more review of what happened on the shows, and my booking ideas along with the Creative listings. One surprise is that no one is on my Time Decline list. Did I mention I love this mod? If anyone has any requests, feel free to ask me either on here or PM.

Okay, there have been two shocking things to me about the game so far. First, Roddy Piper has basically been shot out of a cannon popularity-wise since the start of the game. He lost to Greg Valentine in the first weekly big show for crying out loud, yet by the end of that month, he was in the mid-80's, which easily made him the most popular wrestler by 10 points over Flair. This is when I concocted the turn.

Johnny Valentine was being wasted as a Road Agent since he started with 90 pop in the Mid-Atlantic. So, I had the 2 Valentines in a couple of conspiring angles, a little disagreement with Flair, and capped it off with a botched interference in Greg's Falls Count Anywhere title US Title match against Orton to open the big monthly show, New Year's Beatings. The night ended with Piper and Flair in a 30 Minute Iron Man match (Yeah, yeah, they were 60 minute matches irl but I didn't want to lengthen the show just for that match). Tied up 2 falls apiece, Johnny came down to the ring and occupied the ref while Greg slipped in and popped Ric with brass knuckles. With only a minute to go in the match, he never had a chance to mount any offense as the crowd sat in stunned silence. Piper took care of that with a touching speech about winning his lifelong dream title. Flair's face turn was cemented as both Valentines, Tully Blanchard, and Jimmy Garvin came back down after Piper left, and beat the holy hell out of Flair announcing the formation of Bloody Valentines.

February just kept the now altered storyline revved up to 11 as the other surprise in the game was Tully Blanchard being the 2nd person shot out of a cannon. This was also the month where we suffered the first injury as Terry Funk, Sarge, and Jay Youngblood were in what was supposed to be the 1st of 2 3-way matches on the Friday shows to set up a 3-way tag title match at Crowning Glory. Terry caught Sarge accidentally with an elbow, and since this is the 80's, the match went on 5 minutes more before I told the ref to end it as it was clear he wasn't right. It was a severe concussion with him being out for 28 days. To further complicate things, the event having to be moved up a day meant that Terry was fatigued, so the much-hyped 3-way tag title match ended up mostly a handicapped match. Thankfully, I had Flair/Valentine in a Cage, and Piper/Tully I Quit match to semi-main and main event the show. Yep, you read that right. Ric Flair in 1983 didn't main event the monthly show. This game is titled "Things Might Be Slightly Odd" for a reason. I actually thought that was a mistake only to keep the NWA happy as that title should always main event. Never doubting Piper or Tully again.

http://i.imgur.com/Dxhe3hY.png?1

What a show. What a shame I can't get on PPV yet (WWF did). Why yes, I do run PST on. Why do you ask?:(

Of course, hitting Cult led me to go on a hiring spree to take advantage of those sweet, sweet Written deals. If I can get my roster set, I might even change back to an equal fed.

My booking theory:

There's just some people you have to have on your roster. They're there to lose. This is even more important since losing up the card has lost a lot of its ability in 13. That's partly why I've got such a large roster. As such, here are the loveable losers. They won't all get squashed, but I'm not going to push them:

Both Brads (though Armstrong might eventually get a push), Brutus (PPA), Demolition (Wait, come back. I'm joking! I was a bigger mark for them than RW.), Fidel (curtain jerker), Valiant (he's signed to Gatekeeper role), Deaton (he's a Flair protege which is why he's still here as that fixed his attitude but can't call in the ring), Koko (PPA and it breaks my heart a little but can't get him to LMC), Mark Fleming (consummate curtain jerker), Mark Youngblood (at least until Ricky starts his solo run then he might ride his brother's coattails), Ricky Santana (Can't call in the ring and can't figure out why he's up to UMC either), Stoney Burke (the face Mark Fleming), and Wendell Cooley (He's 30 and Can't Call in the Ring). You can add Slater to this list if I decide to keep him which is precisely why I'm thinking of letting him go.

Now the Creative Lists:

Franchise Players:

1. Ric Flair

2. Terry Funk

3. Roddy Piper

4. Tully Blanchard

5. Dory Funk, Jr.

Notice who is missing? Tully bumped Greg off the list in early Feb. and passed Dory the next week.

Next Big Things:

1. Jake Roberts

2. Steve "Dr. Death" Williams

3. Barry Windham--Must declare war on CWF!;)

4. Demolition Smash aka Barry Darsow

5. Bret Hart

People who have been on the list before the massive signings were Magnum and Arn and Stoney Burke. Seriously.

Hot Prospects:

4. Crusher Bloomfield aka One Man Gang

Everyone else is the same.

Talk the Talk:

1. Ric Flair

2. Roddy Piper

3. Johnny Valentine

4. Terry Funk

5. Tully Blanchard

Showstopper:

1. Ric Flair

2. Ricky Steamboat

3. Randy Savage (he's 30 so can't appear on NBT or HP lists btw)

4. Terry Funk

5. Tully Blanchard

Beginning to see why he's shot up the card now.

Ring Generals:

1. Flair

2. Ricky

3. Dory Jr

4. Funk

5. Piper

Tully would be on here too, but that's a loaded list. If your psych isn't 89+, you're not even considered.

Time Decline

Gloriously Empty!!!

Though The Assassin wanted to only work Big shows if I wanted to use him as a wrestler, and I've gotten several that have already said no to House Shows "due to their physical condition" so they might show up in a few months or next year. And I'm not sure if Wahoo is eligible yet since he's not actually on the roster.

Hidden Gems:

1. Buzz Sawyer-Ha ha ha ha. Nope. Too toxic and not worth it. And doesn't like Jake.

2. Dutch Mantell-Sigh, I'd love to get him but with CWA. He's Zeb Coulter in WWE right now for the less than 30 crowd.

3. Curt Henning-Lacking in attitude, but mainly not here because of WWF and PNW contracts.

4. Tom Pritchard-Working all over the NWA right now. MSW/SECW/GCW

5. Rick Rude-I would love to get him, though a questionable attitude, but he's working with ASW right now.

So, if you're keeping track, that's 4 I might sign when I hit National. Never too early to start planning.

One note: I peaked around at the Narratives, and there is one for MACW for Starrcade. It's a Level 2 (Out of 10) one. If that's going to be too much of a boost, I'll delete it.

Also, if you're keeping track, that is a face Flair, Piper, Orton, Jake, and Arn you're seeing. No, I'm not going to make a face version of the 4 Horsemen. Yes, I intentionally started Jake and Arn as faces.

Oh, and I will never do a prediction contest. This will leave plenty of space for any questions or comments you have. The 2 TV shows will be up either Wed. night or Thursday. Meanwhile, I'll just wait for the 1-star bandit to visit.

World Wide Wrestling Wed. Week 1 1983

Taped @West Virginia Coliseum Morgantown, WV

Near Sell-Out 14,960 Profit:$176,420

Rating: 80/B Improved in Great Lakes & South East

Pre-show: Magnum w/Elizabeth Hype Match: 70, Magnum def. Fleming 71

The show opens with a very unhappy Tully Blanchard with Sunshine looking stunning as always. “I should have the most prestigious title belt in the world around my waist. I had that kilt-wearing disgrace beat. Then, you Bob Orton had to stick your nose where it had no business being. You're going to get yours soon, and then I'm getting a rematch!” The crowd roared as the Cowboy Bob Orton came out from the back. “Yeah, you had my friend face down in the ring. You might have even gotten a submission on him, though I doubt it. However, you glossed over just how that happened. That trollop (pointing at Sunshine) distracted Tommy (Young) and Johnny Valentine punched Piper with brass knucks. I was just evening the odds, and if he wants a fight, I'm not hard to find.” This is when I come out and declare that an Orton/Blanchard main event sounded just perfect for tonight! 85/B+

As Rotundo and Landell make their way to the ring for the TV title match, the announcers welcome everyone to the show highlighting how the best talent is making its way to MACW, and Buddy Landell was just one excellent example. The match was very balanced, but it was interrupted by a mean-looking dude. Rich says that he even looks like Death. As Williams enters the ring, he beats Rotundo all over the ring causing the DQ then leaves.

Rotundo keeps his TV title in 10:07 via DQ 65/C (Both Gimmicks worked 89 for Landell/87 for Dr. Death.

The show returns from commercial with Roddy Piper standing in the ring. He thanks the fans as the TV viewers are shown some of the title match. “Bloody Valentine's, you try and cheat to steal this title from me. As you've seen, I'm not alone in this. This title means I'm the best in the world. This angry Scot is ready to defend this title against all comers. It could even be this gel-haired loser in the front row. You know we're inside so you can take off those shades, and where is your shirt?” By this point, some of the crowd who watch that inferior WCCW product (this is NOT a shot at a diary on here just to be clear) started to shout to Piper. He takes his eyes off of him for a second which gives him time to hurdle the barrier, enter the ring, and shove Piper out of it. Picking up the mic, “I'm Michael Hayes (lots of boos and a few cheers from the women). I've been down in Texas beating down so no good, punk kids, and I got a call. There's a loud-mouthed punk that needs to be shut up, he said. Well, the check cleared, and I'm going to shut you up. That shiny belt around your waist is just a bonus. I've beaten real men so a nancy-boy in a skirt won't be a problem.” 92/A Hayes Gimmick is 98

Before things get out of hand, Stoney Burke comes out from the back as the announcers say that there is a sanctioned match now. Burke tries to take advantage of surprise, but that lasts only a couple minutes before Hayes shows why he's WCCW champ. Hayes wins cleanly in 8:00 57/C-

We are transported backstage to the GM's office. The Funks are just entering. “You booked that match for Friday night when you knew we had the Tag Title match the next night! You screwed us, and we demand a rematch when Terry isn't exhausted.” “Well, if having that Mid-Atlantic title around his waist is too much of a burden for you, you can leave it here. A focused wrestler can overcome anything, but I wasn't too thrilled with that match either so I'll think about it.” The Funks aren't to happy, but they leave as we go to commercial. 72/B-

Steve Williams is back out looking like his attitude hasn't improved. This was a squash match as he pummeled Brutus Beefcake all over the ring. The announcers spend the time talking about what this means for the U.S. Express.

Dr. Death wins in 6:00 32/E+ (Ooof)

The action keeps coming as The Funks face off with Brad Rheingans and Mark Youngblood. Terry and Dory were clearly looking to make the GM's decision easier by picking up the victory here. The two faces put up a pretty good fight, and the match goes on a little longer than the Funks would have liked.

They do get the win at 15:45 when Terry pinned Mark. 76/B- Brad's Gimmick is 95. Dory looked good. Terry is still tired. :(

The much-hyped main event is getting ready when we return from commercial, and it was everything you could have wanted. Tully and Bob fought in the ring, out of the ring, almost in the crowd. Tommy finally gets them into the ring. The end comes when Sunshine spots an opening when the ref checks on Tully who has a cut. She hops up on the ring and yells at Orton. He turns right into a slap no one could miss hearing, but Sunshine sells it by sliding down to the floor so that Tommy thinks Bob slapped her! As he's arguing with Young, Tully springs into action and gets the 3 count with a figure-four in the center of the ring.

Tully Blanchard wins via Interference at 15:37 80/B (Tully was off his game and it got dinged for Weaver's CC)

Wait! Hayes is back out, and he and Tully puts the boots to Orton. The fans go nuts as Piper comes sprinting out from the back sending them running as the show ends. 84/B+

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

Rating: 81 Improved in Mid-Atlantic and South East

Pre-Show: Jake & Arn w/Elizabeth Hype Themselves 70, Hype Angle where I hype 5 (Now Written contract people not wrestling that night) 59

The show starts with Ricky and Jay in the ring. “We are still World Tag Team champs. That means we're the best in the world. We've defeated both Sarge and his recruit and now the Funks. I'm sure they have excuses all lined up. You guys keep coming up with excuses while we keep the titles.” 80/B

Jim Duggan starts his MACW career against Dick Slater. He got plenty of time to shine, but eventually, the 2-on-1 advantage gave Slater all he needed to win the match. Having Hart grab Jim's leg was just icing on the cake.

Slater wins via Interference at 12:00 60/C Duggan's gimmick is 94.

The two Valentines come out and Bob gets the honor of listening to their usual taunting. “Flair, you've been running around here for half of a decade now saying you're the best. In just 2 months, we've taken your precious title from you, and Saturday night, we proved my son is a better wrestler than you by beating you 1..2..3. I'm sure you're going to want a rematch. Well, a loser like you is bumped to the back of the line. Oh, and we did want to give you a nice surprise. Hope you enjoy it.” 86/B+

Their fellow BV member, Jimmy Garvin, is up next against Koko. Insert picture of squash here.

Jimmy Garvin wins at 6:00 68/C+

Oliver Humperdink is in the interview area. “I've always liked monster movies. They're the stars of the movie. They drive fear into the hearts of the audience. Fear is a wonderful sensation. I've found 3 more men to join Crusher and Jos here. We're called Monsters Inc. Hide your children. Protect your wives. You have all been warned.” (Might as well count Volkoff even if he's not on screen.) 77/B KKB's gimmick was a 100 though I'm worried about he and Williams getting dinged for low momentum.

In a match up Vince could only dream of, Arn & Jake face off with The Hart Foundation. It was a brief match as the two Canadians aren't well known in the Mid-Atlantic area.

Jake wins the match pinning Jim at 6:00 57/C- And of course, I get my first poor gimmick in 13 with Bret 63, Jim's is fine at 88.

The semi-main event featured two MACW mainstays in Jimmy Valiant and Don Kernodle. I'm going to see if a singles run in a possibility. The early results are promising though evidently I need to give him a new gimmick

Don picks up the win via handful of tights at 16:06 78/B

Flair is in the ring for his surprise. Out from the back lumbers King Kong Bundy with Oliver in tow leaving Flair with a more determined look on his face. As we return from commercial, the bell has just rung. Ric spent most of the match dodging and weaving the monster's attacks countering with shots to the legs. Bundy started to wear down the longer the match went on before he almost managed a 3 count when Flair got too close. As Flair recovered and got him down in the center of the ring, J. Valentine came charging out of the back with chair in hand and whacked him in the back.

Flair wins via DQ when Johnny Valentine hit Flair in the back with a chair at the 15:54 78/B Ugh, Flair couldn't carry the big monster to a better match. He's young though.

Bundy and Humperdink leave the ring not looking very happy. Flair is handed a mic “Valentines! You saw what I did with your “present”. Wooo! I am the man. You did get that part right. Greg, you aren't worthy of holding that United States title since you can only win your matches with help either from a set of brass knuckles or your daddy. I don't need help to defeat you in a straight up contest, but I did find someone who hates the Valentine name even more than I do jack. Wooo! You'll get to meet him real soon. So strap in Greg (this pops the crowd btw) because my surprise is meaner than yours. Wooo!” As the announcers all ask if Ric meant who they thought he meant as we fade to black.” 100/A Always, always give Flair a mic.

Okay, this one is more for Alvarasus. Somehow, WCCW is signing people who work for CWA, a fellow NWA member, to written deals. They also don't have a working agreement with CWA which is probably an oversight. I'd love to learn that trick In other sad news, GCW got on PPV. They might not go broke after all. The Friday night show will be up either Thursday night or Friday depending on how good the football game is.

always enjoy some good Mid-Atlantic action so thanks for bringing this on.

When I saw you had Demoliton, part of me wishes you would start them out in their original NWA personnas (Masked Superstar and Krusher Krushev) -- then a year or so later, they could morph into the killer tag team (could run a similar angle to the one that put Eadie in the mask to start with - He was one of the Mongols and lost a loser leave town match. came back a week later under the mask and no one was the wiser)

Grrr...This is why I normally do this and paste it on here.

MACW In Your Town

From Roanoke Victory Stadium, Roanoke, VA

Attendance: 27,473

Result: 88/B+ This increased pop in Mid Atlantic

Pre-Show: Buddy Landell & Cooley def Koko & Brutus 40, Randy Savage Hyped Himself 65

NWA World Tag Title Match: Steamboat & Youngblood vs Volkoff & Leduc w/Humperdink

A great show opener. The match ends when Windham distracts Volkoff while the debuting Buddy Rogers distracts Leduc when he attacks Humperdink allowing Steamboat to get the pinfall. 83/B+ Both Volkoff (96) and Rogers (100) gimmicks were successful.

Piper's Pit Features Ric Flair & his surprise

Piper wastes no time in bringing Flair out and says that if his surprise is who he thinks it is, that sniveling weasel Valentine is going to get his. Flair confirms most of the fan's suspicions when he brings out Wahoo McDaniel who says getting that title is the first step towards repaying Greg for that broken leg. 83/B+ Wahoo's gimmick (81) is successful. How the crowd was cold is beyond me.

Brad Rheingans vs Steve "Dr. Death" Williams w/Humperdink

Nice match made to siphon off Brad's really high momentum to make up for my mistake of Steve's squash match being his first actual segment. Steve wins cleanly. 47/D

Johnny Demands The Match Be Cancelled

A very unhappy Johnny Valentine comes to the ring (we don't have a jumbo screen yet) and calls me out. He demands to know how Wahoo got signed and how he got a match for the United States title tonight. I answer that it is quite simple. You signed a contract for a match for your client tonight, and given what Wahoo has done here in MACW in the past, he's very much a contender for that title. The match is happening, Mr. Valentine. What an adorable shade of red he managed to turn. 81/B I'm on a bad string of improvisation recently. :(

Brad Armstrong & Jim Duggan vs The Hart Foundation

My 2nd fishing for tag chemistry match of the night goes to two young faces needing a win. The Harts did manage to get some offense in to show what could be soon, but Duggan hits the 3pt stance spear on Bret to get the win. 41/D 0 for 2 so far to tag chemistry.

Mando Guerrero vs Ricky Santana

Another midcard showcase match between the two Latin American stars in MACW. If I can build up Ricky's psych stat, he could go places. Mando wins. 48/D+

Tully & Hayes w/Sunshine Hype Tag Team Match vs Roddy & Bob

Tully keeps the story going on his anger with Orton while Hayes adds that the Piper is going to pay him tonight which gets a smile from Sunshine. 74/B-

Jimmy Valiant vs Bobby Eaton

The Boogy-Woogy Man was in fine form tonight as he showed the youngster what experience brings as he ducked a flying cross-body to get the pinfall. 65/C

The U.S. Express Try an Interview

They introduce the legend, Buddy Rogers, as their new manager saying that it helps even the playing field with Monsters Inc. Right on cue, Volkoff and Crusher Bloomfield hit the ring and start putting the boots to the Express. Rogers confuses the announcers as he waves to the back. Weaver says something that makes me glad this isn't on TV as Jerry Blackwell rushes to the ring like a man weighing 200lbs. The roar from the crowd alerts the heels who skedaddle from the ring. 68/C+ Sigh, don't let those 2 touch mics again. They were awful. Blackwell's gimmick (84) was a success.

Stoney Burke & The Kiss vs Slater & Garvin w/Sunshine

Tag Chemistry fishing expedition #3. Every time the faces mount some offense, the heels use a shortcut to short-circuit it. Garvin picks up the victory by pinning Burke. 72/B- Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Dick and Jimmy have excellent chemistry together.

A Tag Team Title Conundrum

Terry and Dory Funk come down to the ring and continue their demand for a rematch for the tag titles. That brings out Sarge and Kernoodle who say that they never got their contractually obligated rematch thanks to Terry injuring Sarge, and that he's going to get a clean bill of health from the doctor very soon. They all argue for a few more minutes (Sarge still is concussed so no fighting) before agreeing that I am going to settle this soon. 78/B Don's new gimmick was a success (83).

United States Title Match: Wahoo McDaniel vs Greg Valentine w/Johnny Valentine

To say the fans were excited for this match was an understatement. The match was everything they could have asked for. Neither man could gain the upper hand for long as they both knew each other so well (they were MACW mainstays since the late-70's). Finally, Greg couldn't take it any more. He signaled his father to hop up on the ring and distract Wahoo while he bailed getting counted out. Wahoo gets the win via Countout, but Valentine keeps the title. 92/A Still a cold crowd. Figured the Count Out would ding the match a little, but it didn't.

I really would love to do an angle here, but with the new system where angles kill matches, that's a no go. The biggest thing I don't like about 13 fwiw.

Piper & Orton vs Blanchard & Hayes w/Sunshine

Another epic main event for the fans to enjoy. This was hardly a match and more like a brawl as Tommy Young had a hard time keeping it in the ring or just to 2 people. The end of the match was very sudden as evidently Orton said something that just set off Tully because Tully became unhinged and wouldn't stop punching Orton causing the DQ. 93/A Bow to Piper!!! Bow now! Love that it went straight from Cold crowd to Burnt Out. Who knows what it would have been without that penalty.

Wow, first time my angles were clearly worse than the end two matches, but if I'd plugged that Flair/Valentine post-match arguebrawl angle in, it would have killed the main event as that's a 98-100 guaranteed.

Big news will be posted on Friday. Thanks to Al, I understand what I need to do based on how the NWA works. This should be fun. Any feedback on which type of write-up you like would be appreciated.

I like your write-ups, though maybe a bit of formatting would make it look neater. Also curious when you say about someone's gimmick, are we to assume that it's just the person's real life gimmick? Because you didn't say what any of them are.

I never thought of using Johnny Valentine as manager. The reason he is in Mid- Atlantic is because Crockett was loyal to him. Crockett got him a job working in Southwest as manager he managed Buddy Roberts as Dale Valentine I believe. I saw a clip of them on YouTube. Good shows by the way.

Press conference from Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina Sunday Afternoon Week 1

Greetings everyone. I'm glad all of you could attend this press conference on a few days notice. I'm going to keep it short and simple. The National Wrestling Alliance has governed the wrestling world for half-a-century now. We are now seeing cracks in this Alliance thanks to Mr. Fritz Von Erich and World Class Championship Wrestling. He has been stealing wrestlers from another NWA member organization, Mr Jerry Jarrett's Championship Wrestling Association in Memphis, TN. This is unacceptable to me. I shared my frustrations with the other board members. Unfortunately, they decided to take no further action against Mr. Von Erich or World Class.

Given their inaction, I have decided that the best step for our loyal fans in the Mid-Atlantic area and professional wrestling as a whole is to declare war on World Class. If they like stealing wrestlers from the NWA, I will steal wrestlers from them. Now, I understand there is someone else they are at war with a Southwest Championship Wrestling. I am not one to play favorites so this is my notice to them that we are at war too, and that Mr. Von Erich will prevail over them.

The National Wrestling Alliance will be stronger now, and I will work to continue to bring the best in the world to our wonderful fans here in the Mid-Atlantic area. Nothing and no one will ever stop me from that. To all the top-notch wrestlers out there, my contact information will be posted below this statement. Thank you.

I do want to add one thing. To keep bringing the best wrestlers and best wrestling cards, we are going to require more control over their schedules. We can't have them flying all over the country the day of our events after working the night before. To that end, we have worked with Pacific Northwest Wrestling to secure the release of a few of our shared wrestlers. Mr. Don Owen is a wrestling legend, and we will do what we can to help him if required. When we called up Mr. Jovica in the World Wrestling Council in Puerto Rico and made a similar request, he stated that this was war. I regret that response from him, and I will respect his roster as I do other NWA members. Again, this is done for your enjoyment and for the wrestlers' safety. And before you ask, yes, they are being fairly and well-compensated. I don't and will never mistreat my wrestlers.

So, as you can see, I declared war on SWCW, WCCW, and got declared war on by WWC. The end of PNW's working agreement was amicable. All other working agreements are going to be honored. *cough* until I hit National *cough* Oddly, I got almost no benefit from breaking with WWC. With the declaration of war on WCCW, Gary Hart was granted his release (he only had a month to go). Also, for some reason, Dick Slater (SWCW) got a bug up his butt and won't sign a written deal with me. He's got a long PPA deal which means he's not going anywhere for awhile (SWCW has a long road to Cult), unless he pulls a Brisco (I'd can him but he's way too connected on the roster). And I just found some tag chemistry with him too.

On a sad note, I have to announce the release of Fidel Serra and Koko B. Ware. I wish them the best, but my roster is just too large. (Gee, how did that happen asks almost every player who plays TEW?;) ). And dear lord if GCW does go out of buisness (on track btw as their TV show/weekly show lost money this week. Either TBS isn't paying enough or Ole's an idiot.).

Here's a quick list of who is on the roster with a PPA contract.

Arn Anderson (SECW), Barry Windham (CWF), Bob Orton (CWF), Dick Slater (SWCW), Dory Funk (Touring AJPW so not for long), Jake Roberts (CWF), Jimmy Garvin (CWF), Jos Leduc (Freelancer who's going to be jobbed out for a month+), Mark Youngblood (CState and more importantly a Flair in-game protege), Mike Rotundo (CWF), Randy Savage (CWA/AWA/Way too important & connected to let go), and Terry Funk (CState & AJPW Touring). Sunshine and Oliver Humperdink (CWF), and Tommy Young (MLW).

That is mainly why I cut ties with PNW and WWC. That freed me up to ink Piper, Steamboat, and Tully (WWC) to Written deals. I got King Kong Bundy inked to a written too and will add Hayes soon. The only people I'm stealing from anyone are Hector Guerrero (SWCW), Terry Gordy (WCCW), and JYD (I got him from MSW and PNW so I really stole him from MSW). Oh, I am adding one guy from the AWA. I forgot that Touring contracts don't stop Written deals (how I got Eadie to sign while touring with NJPW) in 13.

Don Kernodle isn't on that list because WCCW made him an offer so I had to keep him. He's probably going to do something stupid eventually, and it is only a 2 year deal.

I'll list everyone's gimmicks for you Beejus, and I'll fix the formatting for the shows. I agree they need some help there. Glad I have lots of readers.

Here is the gimmick list and ratings for them. I'll add momentum too.

Key-Gimmick Rating/Gimmick/Momentum

Arn Anderson-91/Bad A$$/69

Barry Windham-86/Blue Chipper/71

Bob Orton Jr.-94/Old School Face/87

Bobby Eaton-89/Cocky Youth/62

Brad Armstrong-92/Blue Chipper/63

Brad Rheingans-95/Legit. Athlete/81

Bret Hart-63(Only failed gimmick)/Evolution/41

Brutus Beefcake-79/Barber/35

Buddy Landell-89/Narcissist/88

Crusher Bloomfield-93/Man Beast/65

Demolition Ax-NA/Power and Paint/NA

Demolition Smash-88/Power and Paint/67

Dick Slater-76/Bad A/59

Don Kernodle-83/Arrogant Heel/80

Dory Funk Jr-83/2nd Gen Star/80

Greg Valentine-88/Old School Heel/83

Hector Guerrero-NA/Man on a Mission/NA

Jake Roberts-88/Teen Idol:eek:/68

Jay Youngblood-91/Native American/98

Jerry Blackwell-94/Giant/85

Jim Duggan-94/Happy-Go-Lucky/60

Jim Neidhart-88/Bad A/60

Jimmy Garvin-98/Prima Donna/80

Jimmy Valiant-96/Old School Face/70

Joel Deaton-82/Bad A/54

Jos Leduc-91/Wild Man/64

King Kong Bundy-100/Monster/76

Magnum T.A.-95/Fan Favorite/68

Mando Guerrero-93/Man on a Mission/66

Mark Fleming-80/Ice Man/22

Mark Youngblood-77/Native American/46

Matt Bourne-NA/Bad A/NA (I finalized his deal to steal him from MSW he tags with Arn as Destruction Inc)

Michael Hayes-96/Egomaniac/78

Mike Rotundo-92/Old School Face/68

Nikolai Volkoff-96/Comrade/84

Randy Savage-72/Fabulous Heel/67

Ric Flair-82/Nature Boy/93

Ricky Santana-93/Cocky Youth/60

Ricky Steamboat-94/Old School Face/96

Roddy Piper-92/Loose Canon/93

Sgt Slaughter-90/Armed Forces/79

Steve Williams-86/Bad A/53

Stoney Burke-82/Old School Face/48

Terry Funk-88/Psycho/78

The Kiss-97/Blue Chipper/57

Tony Atlas-NA/Legit. Athlete/NA

Tully Blanchard-88/Prima Donna/84

Wahoo McDaniel-81/Fan Favorite/99

Wendell Cooley-89/Prima Donna/66

Managers

Buddy Rodgers-99/Inspirational Leader/NA

Johnny Valentine-93/Arrogant Heel/91

Miss Elizabeth-85/Girl-Next-Door/79

Oliver Humperdink-84/Old School Heel/55

Sunshine-87/Ravishing/76

It's a loaded football weekend, so the 2 TV shows will probably not be up until Monday. Oh, and before I forget, the show made $491,242. I have had 2 House Shows run (both in Mid-Atlantic) and they've made $44,760 so I'm sitting with a $1.65 million balance.

Press conference from Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina Sunday Afternoon Week 1

So, as you can see, I declared war on SWCW, WCCW, and got declared war on by WWC. The end of PNW's working agreement was amicable. All other working agreements are going to be honored. *cough* until I hit National *cough* Oddly, I got almost no benefit from breaking with WWC. With the declaration of war on WCCW, Gary Hart was granted his release (he only had a month to go). Also, for some reason, Dick Slater (SWCW) got a bug up his butt and won't sign a written deal with me. He's got a long PPA deal which means he's not going anywhere for awhile (SWCW has a long road to Cult), unless he pulls a Brisco (I'd can him but he's way too connected on the roster). And I just found some tag chemistry with him too.

On a sad note, I have to announce the release of Fidel Serra and Koko B. Ware. I wish them the best, but my roster is just too large. (Gee, how did that happen asks almost every player who plays TEW?;) ). And dear lord if GCW does go out of buisness (on track btw as their TV show/weekly show lost money this week. Either TBS isn't paying enough or Ole's an idiot.).

With Ole's reckless booking and pissing everyone off,it would be safe to say Ole is an idiot

World Wide Wrestling Wed. Week 2 1983

Taped @Carolina Coliseum, Columbia, SC

Sell-Out 15,000

Rating: 84/B+ Improved in all 3 regions.

Profit: $199,455

Pre-show: Mando Guerrero def Joel Deaton (58/C-), Jimmy Garvin w/Sunshine Hypes Match vs Brad R. (72/B-)

Wahoo McDaniel is in the ring. “Valentine! You have been a thorn in my side for years. I can tell when it is going to rain thanks you breaking my leg. Everyone you have faced in this ring over the years can call you many things, but I can't believe I get to call you a coward. You ran from me like a scared little kid. Oh look, here comes your Dad now.” Johnny Valentine comes out. “If the powers that be hadn't forced us into a match against you, you never would have seen a match against the greatest wrestler in the world! You are a relic and a has-been, Wahoo. A rematch will never be granted, but since you want him so bad...” As Greg has snuck in behind and starts laying the boots to Wahoo. Once he's lying in a heap, the two heels leave.

Rating: 92/A

Brad Armstrong and Mark Youngblood are waiting in the ring when some interesting music comes over the sound system (anyone who knows how to post YT videos please PM me). Out come Demolition. It wasn't a total rout, but Demolition was quite impressive in their tag team debut. Ax pinned Mark for the clean win. Ax's Power & Paint Gimmick gets a 98. Demolition have great chemistry (probably pre-set).

Rating: 71/C+

Savage is shown in my office. “I've been demanding a match against someone worthy of my talent. Who do you have for me tonight?” I reply, “You think you are amazing so I booked you against former NWA Heavyweight champion Ric Flair. Have a great match!” Randy flips out for a minute then recovers and says “I can dig it!”

Rating: 83/B+

In the first match since Sarge's injury, he gets to face Stoney Burke. Burke sold like a champ and make Slaughter look good. Sarge gets the clean win.

Rating: 66/C+

Kernodle comes out and joins Sarge in the ring. They insult Ricky & Jay until they finally come out. All they say is that these titles are earned in the ring, not on the mic totally no-selling the insults, and not falling for the trick of giving them a rematch which leaves Sarge & Don a little dejected.

Rating: 83/B+ And Ricky's character's a little stale. Insert joke here.

The aforementioned match between Brad R. and Garvin takes place. It was an even affair as Jimmy made sure to let Brad get a chance to shine. He even gets a chance to win when Sunshine gets up on the apron distracting him just long enough for Garvin to get a quick pin. Jimmy Garvin gets the tainted win via distraction

Rating: 62/C

The continued in-ring training of Ricky Santana continues as he faces off against Wahoo McDaniel. The back and forth match came to a close when Greg Valentine comes back out to the ring to attack Wahoo causing the DQ. Wahoo McDaniel wins via DQ.

Rating: 70/C+ Ooof, bad chemistry strikes here

The main event match was Ric Flair vs Randy Savage. Savage knew he had a lot to prove, and he set out to do it from the start. Knowing that the Bloody Valentines were in the building seemed to weigh on Flair's mind a little as every time he gained the advantage he'd take a minute to look check the entrance. This gave Randy consistent openings to stay in the match or even win it as he managed 2 near falls. His over-exuberance was his downfall though as one taunt finally snapped Flair out of it. It didn't take long for the best in the business to put the match away. Ric Flair gets the clean win.

Rating: 83/B+ They have great chemistry!

Woah, the lights go out! It looks like Flair had a reason to be distracted. The lights finally come back on to find a knocked out Ric Flair in the center of the ring! The announcers spend the last couple of minutes of the show debating just who could do this as the medics tend to Flair.

Rating: 100/A+

Rating: 82/B Improved in South East

Pre-Show: Duggan def Fleming (54/C-), Volkoff def Beefcake (58/C-), Jake, Magnum, & Arn w/Elizabeth Hype themselves (67/C+), Valiant, Jake, and Arn def Eaton, Landell, and Cooley (71/C+), Buddy Roberts and the U.S. Express hype their upcoming singles matches against Leduc and Terry Funk (56/C-) (Ooof, bad placement by me)

Tonight's Piper's Pit is primed for explosion as his guests are Greg Valentine and Tully Blanchard. “Now before you get any ideas, I swore to the authority that I would be on my best behavior tonight, and he said that that meant you can't touch me. So, Chicken Little and Ugly Duckling, what do you want to get off your chests tonight?” As Greg gets ready to speak, Roddy yells “Hey Wahoo!” which freaks both of them out. “Oh come on, here, I got you guys something. The guy selling them said they pack a punch.” Out from the wings come Tony Atlas and Jerry Blackwell who lay some smackdown on them before Greg and Tully can escape. Laughing. “See, I never laid a hand on them.”

Rating: 78/B Tony Atlas' Legit Athlete gimmick gets a 94.

The TV Title match is up first. In what will be Leduc's last match here in MACW (he was really unhappy losing), Leduc played the monster heel beating down Rotundo before he rebounds as the crowd goes nuts. Humperdink goes to interfere when Rogers warns Mike. He manages to duck the punch which hits Leduc square in the face. It stunned him just long for a quick roll-up. Rotundo makes his 3rd defense of the TV title via Botched Interference by Oliver

Rating: 67/C+ Leduc being upset threw Rotundo off all match

After commercial break, Humperdink has assembled Monsters Inc (Leduc is notably absent). He hypes them as the destruction of anyone who dares to stand in their way. Now that they've gotten rid of the problem, they are unstoppable. We're coming for you Rogers and U.S. Express.

Rating: 74/B-

Up next is a quick match to show Slater that I have no hard feelings. He finishes off The Kiss.

Rating: 61/C

We come back from another commercial break to see Michael Hayes and myself sitting down in a pre-recorded interview from our offices in Charlotte.

“So, why did you come to MACW?”

“Well, all I heard in Texas was that I wasn't a Von Erich. The few people that weren't saying that were saying that the NWA World Heavyweight Title was all that mattered.”

“What's a Von Erich?”

“A sniveling group of punks who are obsessed with having fans, especially women fawn all over them.”

“Well, that doesn't sound very entertaining.”

“I'm glad I'm free from them and out of Texas. Those people are just weird.”

“I know the Atlantic Coast is happy to have you here. Is there anything you want to add?”

“Only one thing. Roddy Piper, real men don't wear skirts, and the NWA World Title belongs on a real man. I'm going to take that belt from you by any means necessary.”

Next up is some great tag action between Bad Company and The Hart Foundation. It wasn't a total squash as I'm still trying to get the Canadians some fans. Magnum picks up the win over Bret.

Terry Funk comes out with his brother Dory to hype themselves. “This Mid-Atlantic title means I'm a great singles wrestler, but my brother and I have been teaming together for years around the world. We are without a doubt the best tag team in the world. Steamboat and Youngblood, your time with those titles is for as long as the authority refuses to give us a rematch. You'll see how a healthy Terry Funk looks in a match right now.

Rating: 80/B

The Mid-Atlantic Title match between Barry Windham and Terry Funk was an exceptional semi-main event. Barry showed he's earned that #1 spot on the Hot Prospects list by giving Terry all he could handle. He even managed 3 near falls much to Dory's dismay at ringside. As he set Funk up for pinfall attempt #4, Dory distracts Tommy Young which allows Crusher Bloomfield to pop Windham from behind. Given an opening like that, Funk finishes the match off quickly. Terry Funk makes his 8th successful defense of the Mid-Atlantic Title via Interference.

Rating: 84/B+

The main event sees Greg Valentine and Tully Blanchard get revenge on their “presents” Jerry Blackwell and Tony Atlas. There was very little wrestling involved as these four brawled inside and outside of the ring. The brutal match got even more brutal at the end as Nikolai Volkoff and King Kong Bundy came lumbering down to the ring. While Young is trying to break up Blackwell and Valentine, the two monsters jump Atlas beating him down while Tully looks on. They roll Tony back into the ring as Johnny communicates to Greg to stop distracting Young. Tully makes the pin on Atlas as Blackwell is stopped from making the save from outside the ring by Bundy. Greg and Tully win via Outside Interference.

Rating: 83/B+ Trust the Funk evidently.

MACW In Your Town Week 2 March

American Legion Stadium, Charlotte, NC

Attendance: 24,066 Out of 30,000 Don't know if I'd categorize it as a hole in the mod, but there's nothing between 22,000 and 29,999. Probably accurate for the era though.

Rating: 85/B+ Increased our pop in Mid-Atlantic (77.4 now)

Profit: $464,633

Before the show Jimmy Valiant announced he's taken Matt Borne under his wing as a protege.

Pre-Show: Hart Foundation Hype Themselves (54/C-), Monsters Inc Promo (73/B-), Wendell Cooley def Brutus Beefcake (36/D-), 5 Member Hype Angle (Orton, Magnum, Mando, Armstrong, & Valiant) (85/B+)

Piper's Pit-Guest Michael Hayes

“So someone seems to have a real problem with the ol' Hot Rod. He wants to belittle my kilt and call me a nancy-boy. Weeeelllllll, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. So, I wanted to let the man come on my show and look me in the eyes. So, Michael Hayes, come on out.”

He takes a look around looking very unimpressed.

“This is the must-see talk show I've heard so much about? A couple of sections of cardboard, some cheap chairs, and a jackass with a mic. Oh, you wanted me to talk, not fight. I will gladly do that for that beautiful belt, but you don't want to do that. No, you don't want to do that because you know I am the youngest champion in wrestling history. I am younger than you, and what really pisses you off is that I'm better than you.”

Laughter “Oh, that is so very rich (pun intended). That was a tag belt you won, and I seem to recall a giant gorilla had much more to do with that than you. All you're good at is talking, and I do that waaaayyyyy better than you ever can. Oh, and I can beat your sorry behind in a fight, or I can out-wrestle you. See this title around my waist makes me the best in the world.”

It devolves into a brief brawl before security breaks it up.

Jerry Blackwell vs Nikolai Volkoff

We open the wrestling with a titanic match between two of the biggest and baddest men in wrestling today. They put on a match so brutal that a few people's faces might have been permanently frozen in a grimace from reacting from the pain inflicted in each blow. The end of the match comes from Blackwell's patented giant dropkick. Volkoff was off his game.

Result: Jerry Blackwell def Volkoff cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 52/D

The Kiss & Stoney Burke vs Crusher Bloomfield & Steve Williams

The two younger members of Monsters Inc find things much easier in their match. Not quite a squash, but quite a brisk match.

Result: Crusher def Burke cleanly via pinfall

Sarge and Kernodle come out to the ring. Instead of saying why they deserved the title match, they started in on why The Funks did not. Well, that didn't sit too well with Terry and Dory, and they quickly came out and started beating some sense into them leaving Sarge and Don face down in the ring.

Rating: 75/B-

3-way tag match to see who gets a tag title shot next week-Destruction Inc (Arn & Matt Borne) vs Demolition vs U.S. Express

3 elite tag teams square off in a great match. Unfortunately, the ending of the match was due to the interference of Crusher and Williams on the Express. Ax took full advantage of the chaos before Arn and Matt could react to make the save. Matt Borne's Bad A gimmick got a 94, and Ax (Eadie) keeps gaining skills. He's 35.

Result: Demolition Ax def Windham via interference from Crusher & Williams

Rating: 79/B

Speaking of the tag team champions, they come out and give a quick interview hyping themselves and thanking The Funks and Sarge & Don for fighting each other. Ricky's Fan Favorite gimmick got an 88.

4-way #1 contenders match for TV title-Duggan vs Landell vs Rheingans vs Santana

This match didn't have the smooth flow of the tag team match. Each person got a chance to shine. Santana saw a brief opening when Brad sent Landell to the floor and followed him out to hit a low blow on Duggan getting the pinfall with a quick roll-up.

Result: Ricky Santana def Jim Duggan via cheating

Rating: 48/D+

Tony Atlas vs Mark Fleming

A quick little squash match to show how incredibly powerful newcomer Atlas is. Fleming sold like a champ again.

Result: Atlas def Fleming cleanly via pinfall

Flair is in the ring. “Valentine! I know it was you who hit me. First, you run away from Wahoo, and now you are hitting people in the dark! You really disgust me. If you want another fight, I'm not that hard to find. Come on and face me one on one right now! Wooo!” Greg comes to the ring alright, but at a quick pace with Tully right behind him. The 2-on-1 advantage takes a minute or so to kick in, and shortly Flair is in a world of hurt. The crowd roars as Wahoo McDaniel comes charging out of the back with a chair in hand. He swings it wildly, thankfully missing everyone, clearing the ring.

Mark Youngblood vs Dory Funk Jr.

The adventures of training the younger Youngblood continue. The story of the match is that if the Funks aren't going to get their hands on Ricky and Jay, one of them is going to lay the hurt on his brother. Dory starts off just playing and taunting the youngster. He finally snaps and sends Dory reeling for a couple of minutes before he can regain control of the match. Mark gets some more offense in, but he can't string it together.

Result: Dory def Mark Youngblood cleanly via pinfall

I try to get a word in with King Kong Bundy before his match against Piper, but all I get is scared to death as he looms over me grunting, flexing, and glaring.

Non-Title Roddy Piper vs King Kong Bundy

The announcers are quick to point out that Bundy and Hayes both came from that inferior promotion in Texas and wonder if that isn't how this match came to be. Piper backs down from no one, and took the offense right to the monster. After that didn't work, he spent the next few minutes alternating between seeing a fist and the arena lights. Roddy managed to move out of a corner right before a splash might have finished him off. Quickly, he moved towards working on the legs finally managing to get a sleeper hold on Bundy. Hayes chose that moment to charge into the ring and start beating down Piper causing the DQ.

Result: Piper def Bundy cheaply via DQ due to Hayes' interference

Rating: 85/B+

World Tag Team Match—Steamboat & Youngblood vs Slater & Garvin

A very enjoyable match as one team has great chemistry while the other have the extensive tag experience. The champs had to be cautious as Sunshine roamed around ringside plus they didn't know of either The Funks or Sarge & Don would attack. That caution gave the challengers an edge in the early going. They managed to hold onto that advantage long enough that the crowd started to get concerned. However, Jay made the tag to the fresh Steamboat that turned the tide, and not even Sunshine could stop it.

Result: Youngblood def Slater cleanly via pinfall to make their 4th title defense

Rating: 87/B+ And Jay was off his game too.

As a comparison, the WWF ran their In Their Town in Phoenix (South West, Hawaii, Tri-State and Great Lakes are NWA-less). It was “highlighted” by Ivan Koloff taking the Intercontinental title from Tony Garea. The quotes are because it got a 57/C-, which was the show's rating.

Thanks to all of you for reading this and for the 4-star rating. I'm going to have my roster finalized by Wed. Also, in April, I'm going to move the In Your Town show to Tuesday (that eliminates Slater), and the TV show is going to Thursday. It just makes no sense to me to record a TV show then run a show off of that before the TV shows air. The move of the TV show will stop Terry Funk from being worn to a nub by Central States as they run everything on the one night leaving him with at least a 28.0 fatigued state for a few days. Since I can't sign him to a written, this is the next best option.

To be honest repetitive booking needs to be turned off. In this era as we all know they ran same matches for weeks.

Actually, all I'm referring to is that Funk ends up in 3 matches for CState in one night which is killing my ability to use him (plus the 1-2 matches for AJPW on Tues). I'm going to keep repetitive booking penalty on. I mean I need to have an excuse for my massive roster.;) Honestly, the only possible time that would come up for me is with the job squad, and I really don't care about match ratings for squashes. I can always borrow a jobber from someone else too.

World Wide Wrestling Wed. Week 3 1983

Taped @Landover Capital Center, Landover, MD

Sell-Out 15,000

Rating: 85/B+ Improved in all 3 regions.

Profit: $286,431

Both Ricky Steamboat and Tommy Young regaled the locker room with tales from the road. Why I keep locker room leaders on the roster.

Pre-show: Destruction Inc w/Elizabeth Hype Themselves (69/C+), Jimmy Valiant & Jake Roberts w/Elizabeth Hype Match vs Sarge & Don. (76/B-)

Bob Orton is getting ready for an interview in our interview area when Michael Hayes interjects himself. “So, you're that nancy-boy's best friend. I guess it takes one to know one.” “I am his friend, and I'm going to enjoy watching Piper beat you bloody in that ring at MACW Elite at the end of the month. Quite frankly, you don't look all that tough.” “Oh, I going to put an end to Piper's title reign so the most prestigious title back on a real man, and if you don't think I'm that tough, I'll show you tonight. Roddy Piper, you want to watch this.”

Rating: 94/A

TV Title Match Mike Rotundo vs Ricky Santana

This is actually a rematch from Crowning Glory. Santana did have much luck there either. It was a clean finish this time though.

Result: Mike Rotundo makes 4th successful defense of TV title cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 59/C

The former TV champion, Crusher Bloomfield and his manager Oliver Humperdink come out before their match. “My client here has been ducked for long enough. I know you're scared of him, Rotundo. Heck, everyone backstage has good reason to fear Crusher. In fact, he's going to show everyone why he should be feared.”

Stoney Burke vs Crusher Bloomfield

When you are looking for a good heel squash match, you call on one man. Burke is back out there giving it his all, but Crusher makes short order of him.

Result: Crusher Bloomfield def Burke cleanly via pinfall

Back from commercial, the fans are treated to some of the highlights of the Wahoo McDaniel vs Greg Valentine match from In Your Town. The announcers ask how soon Wahoo can get a rematch. They all sell Greg running away as disrespecting the NWA United States title.

Arn Anderson vs Bret Hart

I'm going to get the Harts over, somehow. Another match any other fed would kill to put on. Okay, that would be in 3 years, but still.

Result: Arn Anderson def Bret Hart cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 59/C They have great chemistry too!

Sarge & Don come out before their match. They try insulting Ricky and Jay some more. “We are THE Elite tag team and as soon as you stop ducking us, you'll find that out one more time.”

Rating: 76/B- Sad thing is that's with both improvising well

Jimmy Valiant & Jake Roberts vs Sarge & Don

The semi-main event match was another example of the fine tag team action MACW presents week in and week out. Jake and Jimmy tried to feed off the crowd for as long as they could, but eventually, the sheer weight of the experience Sarge and Don had started to take its toll. Cutting the ring in half, they were able to keep Valiant from tagging in Jake, finally getting the 1..2..3.

Result: Sarge & Don def Jimmy & Jake via Sarge cleanly pinning Jimmy

Rating: 78/B

Bob Orton vs Michael Hayes

The main event had the crowd on their feet the entire match as everyone wants to see the interloper, Hayes, get taken to the woodshed by Cowboy Bob. Unfortunately, Michael hasn't won so many titles by being a push over and gave as good as he got. The two of them battled for 15 minutes without even a 2 count, and the announcers started worrying about the time limit. Hayes took care of that with a loaded glove he pulled out of his trunks. One punch from that, and Cowboy Bob looked like Sideshow Bob when he steps on a rake.

Result: Michael Hayes def Orton via cheating

Ric Flair comes out to the ring. “You all saw what happened last week. The Bloody Valentines have sworn they had nothing to do with it. (Crowd boos with several audible Yeah, rights) Cowards hide in the dark. Come on out and show yourself!” And the lights go out, again! The lights finally come back on to find a knocked out Ric Flair in the center of the ring! There is a mysterious voice this time. All you can make out is that it's male. It just says “Soon!” The announcers take guesses on just who that voice belongs to as the medics tend to Flair.

Rating: 100/A+ Someone's contract will start soon. It will pay off.

Rating: 83/B+ Improved in Both Regions (MA & SE)

Pre-Show: Jim Duggan def Neidhart (47/D), Slater & Garvin w/Sunshine Hype Themselves (67/C+), Hype Angle featuring (Dory, both Brads, Williams, and Fleming) (74/B-)

Tonight's Piper's Pit is a follow-up to last week's episode as his two guests tonight are Tony Atlas and Jerry Blackwell w/Buddy Rodgers. Piper thanks them both for their help and properly welcomes them into MACW. They introduce themselves to the fans, and thank Piper for having them on.

Rating: 82/B

Mando & Hector Guerrero vs Demolition

The opening match features the debut of Hector teaming with his brother. They face a stiff test with the team that is going to face Steamboat & Youngblood Friday night. The Guerreros get plenty of chances to impress, but again, this is to give Demolition momentum.

Result: Demolition def Mando & Hector via Ax cleanly pinning Hector

Rating: 65/C Hector's Man on a Mission gimmick got a 92

Johnny Valentine comes out and hypes up Greg and Tully as future World Champions.

The Kiss & Beefcake vs Bundy & Volkoff

A short match to allow the two monsters to shine.

Result: Bundy & Volkoff def Kiss & Beefcake via Volkoff cleanly pinning Kiss

Rating: 47/D

Magnum T.A. w/Elizabeth vs Wendell Cooley

A nice even match showcasing our midcard.

Result: Magnum def Cooley cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 61/C Bad chemistry

Terry Funk comes out to the interview area. “So, you walk back in the door and immediately get a United States title shot. That's fine. You two have history, but Wahoo, now you're coming for my title. That's not okay, and I'm going to make you regret coming back here. This belt isn't going anywhere.”

Rating: 80/B Funk's character is stale

Jay Youngblood vs Joel Deaton

The first of two quick matches featuring the tag team champs in singles action. This was a squash match that got even squashier when Dory Funk came down and attacked Jay.

Result: Jay def Joel via DQ Interference from Dory.

Rating: 64/C

Ricky Steamboat vs Buddy Landell

The 2nd match was a much more even affair as Ricky gave the youngster a chance to shine. A pretty solid semi-main event match.

Result: Ricky Steamboat def Buddy cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 81/B

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title Match-Wahoo McDaniel vs Terry Funk

The main event features an outstanding title match between two of the most experienced wrestlers in MACW. They certainly brought their A games tonight. 16 solid minutes of great wrestling. Of course someone had to ruin it. That someone turned out to be Greg Valentine. The crowd roared as Greg slid into the ring which gave Wahoo the split second he needed to duck the sucker punch. Shame Funk didn't see it coming. He went down like a sack of potatoes while Wahoo tossed the stunned Valentine out of the ring. Young comes to just in time to count to 3. We have a new champion!

Result: Wahoo McDaniel def Terry Funk via Botched Interference from Greg Valentine. Wahoo McDaniel is the NEW Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion

Rating: 82/B Stale character and Title prestige penalties

Wahoo rolls out of the ring and picks up his new belt and a mic. “I never want to win a title that way, but the look on your face right now, Greg, makes it worthwhile. You and your father aren't ever going to see that World Title around your waist because you don't have what it takes to finish the deal without cheating or running away. Real champions fight with honor. I'm going to take that US title from you soon.”

Rating: 97/A*

Sorry, but I have to take my dad to an eye doctor appointment tomorrow so no late night typing things up.

MACW In Your Town

http://i.imgur.com/n0VvnfS.png?1http://i.imgur.com/Wae3MUQ.png?1

The 2 new gimmicks were Junkyard Dog's Happy Go Lucky gimmick 94, and Chavo Guerrero's Man on a Mission gimmick 92. I'm not sure I had this saved properly, but according to my figures, the show made $601,143. I used everyone but 2 people I think.

MACW would also like to welcome Terry Gordy into the family. He will be appearing on TV next week along with [redacted] who has also joined MACW. My finalized roster is at 52. Nobody's contract comes up again for 8 months (Mark Youngblood) so this is pretty much it unless GCW (crap, they are now under $100,000 now after their 2 Sat. shows) goes belly up.

Oh, here's March's TV ratings (they air on Sat. and Sun. which is why I don't post them).

Saturday's Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

Week 1-0.61 (+.06)

Week 2-0.59

Week 3-0.59

Sunday's World Wide Wrestling

Week 1-0.60 (-.04)

Week 2-0.65

Week 3-0.61

The Great Lakes ratings have all been 0.00 which is disappointing, but they are a very small network. And unlike GCW, WWF, and WCCW, I still can't get on PPV which isn't a big surprise considering half of the US regions are at 17 Pop still. Must get on nationwide TV when May comes.

I'll be happy to expound on what the substance of any of the angles were if you want. Heading to the big monthly show at the end of the week. I'll try to get the TV shows up Thurs. night/Friday very early morning.

World Wide Wrestling Wed. Week 4 1983

Taped @Vadalabene Center, Edwardsville, IL

Sell-Out 3,500

Rating: 75/B- Improved in 2 regions.

Profit: $108,793

Pre-show: Miss Elizabeth Shoots T-Shirts to welcome the crowd. (64/C), Demolition Ax def Beefcake (47/D), Humperdink Hypes Crusher & Dr. Death (66/C+) (Oliver's switch to Old School Manager got 97 rating)

Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood, Terry and Dory Funk, and Sarge and Kernodle start the show in the ring. They get to try off our new mics. They all take turns insulting the other two teams while waiting for the authority who summoned them. Things look like they're going to break down in violence. That's when I come out and announce that at MACW Elite, this Sunday, we will find out who is THE Elite tag team in the world will be in a 3-way tag team title match.

Rating: 75/B- Terry Funk's switch to Loose Cannon got 93 rating

Bad Company vs Cooley & Eaton

Solid tag team action to kick off the wrestling portion of the show. The announcers try to talk up how soon Bad Company might move up in the tag ranks while hyping the 3-way tag title match.

Result: Bad Company def Cooley & Eaton cleanly via Magnum pinning Eaton

One of the newest members of MACW comes out to cut a promo on the next match. JYD is welcomed by the crowd. “It is good to be in the best wrestling promotion going right now. This Dog is ready to fight, and tonight, it looks like I'm going up against a beast. Crusher, you better get ready for this Dog to bite!

Rating: 67/C+

Junkyard Dog vs Crusher Bloomfield

One week you're crushing Stoney Burke, and the next, you're in a fight with a star. Such is the life in MACW. It was much more of a brawl than a wrestling match as they beat each other senseless for 7 minutes. Crusher finally got frustrated enough that he rolled out of the ring, grabbed a chair, and whacked JYD right across his back getting the DQ

Result: Junkyard Dog def Crusher Bloomfield via DQ

Rating: 68/C+

Back from commercial, the fans are treated to 2 more giants as Tony Atlas and Jerry Blackwell come out and are hyped by their manager Buddy Rogers.

Rating: 70/C+

Jerry Blackwell vs Mark Fleming

A quick little squash match to put over The Giant of the MACW. Man, his dropkick never fails to bring an oooh from the crowd.

Result: Blackwell def Fleming cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 54/C-

Matt Borne w/Miss Elizabeth vs Hulk Hogan

Borne is in the ring as we come back from commercial awaiting his mystery opponent. Suddenly, the PA system starts playing Hollywood Nights by Bob Seger. It's a guitar version of just the guitar intro and the chorus for 30 seconds then looped. The announcers pop almost as much as the crowd as Hulk Hogan makes his way to the ring. They hype his appearance in Rocky 2. Hulk had the advantage early on as Matt had no idea who he was fighting. He did manage to recover and started taking it to Hogan, but slowly, the size advantage began to tip things permanently in Hulk's favor. He finishes Borne off with the big boot and leg drop.

Result: Hulk Hogan def Matt Borne cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 82/B Hogan's Franchise Player gimmick gets an 86

Ric Flair vs Steve Williams w/Humperdink

Ric Flair was a little rattled to follow up the debut of Hogan. Dr. Death takes advantage and starts beating down Flair for the first few minutes of the match. Finally, Ric snaps out of his funk, and the match becomes an even bout. The longer the match goes on, the more you remember that Steve is only 22 and a rookie. He keeps making small mistakes that Ric capitalizes on to slowly take complete control of the match. His final mistake was charging into the corner, which Flair avoids. A chop block comes next, followed by the patented Figure Four in the center of the ring. Well, that's how I think it would have ended. Instead, Hogan comes charging back out and nails Flair with a massive blow to the back of his head.

Result: Ric Flair def Dr. Death via DQ from Hogan's Interference

Rating: 68/C+ This does not bode well for Dr. Death. Okay fine, it was my fault.

Hogan grabs a mic from the announce table. “I thought I'd attack you with the lights on this time, and you still didn't see it coming. See, you've been traveling the world saying you're the best wrestler on the planet, and how you get ladies and go all night. Well brother, I am a superstar in the wrestling ring and in Hollywood, and I turn away more ladies in a week than you get in a year, brother.” By this point Flair has recovered and gets handed a mic in the ring. “So, you're the gutless wonder who's been attacking me in the dark and now from behind. That doesn't make you special. I've been having scumbags attack me from behind, Wooo!, for a long time. Oh please, keep flexing those inflated muscles like they mean something. I am the best in the world and a world-wide superstar. Wooo! You shoot one bit part in one movie and now think you're a big shot. Why don't you face THE man Sunday at Elite. You're not. Wooo! But I am, and I'm going to show you. Get ready to limp out of the ring and back to whatever rock you crawled out of before coming here.

Rating: 77/B Improved in 2 Regions (MA & GL)

Pre-Show: Sunshine Shoots T-Shirts (65/C), Hype Angle featuring (Bundy, Landell, Kiss, Brad Armstrong, and Duggan) (66/C+)

Tonight's Piper's Pit has Piper's buddy Orton join him. They start chatting up and having a good time when Michael Hayes crashes the party. “Oh don't worry guys. I'm not here looking for a fight. Even someone as dumb as the Cowboy here can see I'm outnumbered 2 to 1. Besides, I'm getting nancy-boy here Sunday night at MACW Elite, and I don't want any excuses when I take that title from you.” He starts to turn away. “Well, unless I wasn't alone, I'd love to kick your butts, but that would mean I had a friend. Get'em Bam Bam!” The 4 of them brawl until they cut to commercial.

Rating: 82/B Gordy's Enforcer gimmick gets an 89 rating

TV Title Match Mike Rotundo w/Buddy Rogers vs Demolition Smash

Smash looks good in the early going, but Rotundo starts to take control of the match. At that point, King Kong Bundy lumbers down to the ring and attacks Mike causing the DQ.

Result: Rotundo def Smash via DQ from Bundy and makes defense #5 of the TV title

Rating: 45/D

Barry Windham vs Ricky Santana

Rotundo's sometimes tag partner is up next as Ricky looks to get some revenge for last week. Alas, he's still outclassed in the ring. This does continue to show how many young, talented wrestlers are here in MACW.

Result: Windham def Santana cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 53/C-

The Bloody Valentines (Johnny, Greg, Tully, and Garvin) are shown in their locker room. “Wahoo, shine that title up nice and bright because we're taking it from you Sunday night. Then, we're going to make you very sorry you ever came back to MACW.”

Brad Rheingans vs Dick Slater

Slater gets a chance to show he's still revelant in MACW. He faces a stiff test in Brad. Dick uses every shortcut he can to get the upper hand. He finally manages to finish Brad off.

Result: Slater def Brad cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 62/C And Slater's character is stale

Valiant & Mando Guerrero vs The Hart Foundation

Fishing for tag chemistry AND getting the Harts some more pop.

Result: Valiant and Mando def The Harts cleanly via Valiant submitting Bret

Rating: 47/D

The Freebirds come out to cut an interview before their tag match. “Piper! I have the best young wrestler in America as my backup. We're going to lay waste to this promotion like we have laid waste to every other one we've been in. Terry and I are Elite straight out of Badstreet USA. Take care of that World Title for me. Now, we're going to show everyone what Badstreet USA can do.

The Guerrero Brothers (Chavo & Hector) vs The Freebirds

The semi-main showcased some great tag action. Terry and Michael are the real deal as their multiple tag titles show, but nothing is better than having your brother at your back. This made the action fast and furious. However, neither Guerrero can match Gordy's size which eventually turned the tide.

Result: The Freebirds def The Guerrero Brothers cleanly via Gordy pinning Chavo.

Rating: 82/B Freebirds have excellent chemistry;probably pre-set

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title Match-Wahoo McDaniel vs Nikolai Volkoff w/Humperdink

Wahoo gets to make his first title defense in the main event against another very experienced wrestler with a very evil disposition in Nikolai Volkoff. The two very large individuals made for a brawl trading stiff blows with each other for a long time. The middle part of the match featured Oliver keeping Wahoo occupied just enough to keep him from taking control of the match. Volkoff even got a near fall out of it when a rough clothesline took the big guy down. It turned out to be bad news for Nikolai as Greg and Tully made their way down to ringside while Humperdink was distracting Young. Wahoo successfully threw Greg out of the ring, but that gave Tully a chance to hit a DDT (he's never lifting him up for his slingshot suplex; also that was a wretched finishing move anyway). Whether it was part of the plan or not, Tommy turned around to see the end of it and called for the bell.

Result: Wahoo McDaniel def Nikolai Volkoff via DQ From Interference from Tully Blanchard & Greg Valentine. Wahoo McDaniel makes his first Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title defense.

Rating: 74/B- Sigh, 2 mediocre main events in a row

Wahoo recovers quickly enough that Greg and Tully are only part-way up the aisle when he gets handed a mic. “Tully Blanchard! You want to get between me and Valentine that's fine. That's stupid because I'm going to kick your behind all over the Atlantic Coast but fine. However, if you want to fight, come on and do it when I'm facing you. Like right now!” Tully can't resist the invitation, and they proceed to brawl all over the place as the announcers end the show by highlighting the show Sunday night.

Rating: 90/A

Matt Borne picked up a Baker's Cyst (23 days) but he's going to work through it. Oh, and as usual, Ole Anderson declared himself the only star in GCW. Surely this is going to tick off the Road Warriors and Larry Z who know that they're the only stars in GCW (seriously, their locker room has to be a mess). Typical, I upgraded from Low level to Medium level drug testing and somebody flunked. It just had to be Darsow (Smash) who tested positive for Steroids. Gave him the Fatherly Approach and got the “I'll try harder to stay clean in the future” response which never boads well.

A great football weekend means you get the very short version of MACW In Your Town. And I'm going to break my own rules and let you predict the big monthly shows, but only the big matches. Lord knows I've got plenty of big matches. I have no earthly idea what reward I could give out though as I'm so not signing anyone, and I have the big monthly shows already named. Btw, huge thanks go to Togg as several of them are named based completely off of his excellent graphics.

http://i.imgur.com/oyWqb8r.png?1http://i.imgur.com/88UIZg5.png?1

The show made $736,976. Dick Slater's new Hired Gun gimmick got a 74. Sigh, he can't even do gimmick changes right. And Darsow just failed another Steroid test. I read him the Riot Act, and he swore he'd try really hard to stay clean. The Demolition push may have ended before it even began.:mad: Maybe that will be the contest winner. Who gets to play a member of Demolition in this alt. universe? And yes, the Moondog who was the original member is out there, but he's a dick.

In funny things, WCCW ran their big Star Wars show against us. They only got 18,007 in attendance, and their "epic" main event was a tag match between The Enforcers (Kamala and Scott Irwin) and David & Kerry Von Erich. It got a 71/C+ giving the show a 67/C+. However, I will give some credit as it got a 0.15 rating on Cablevision PPV. Clearly, I've stolen the only 3 good wrestlers from them in Bundy and The Freebirds. And in other funny things, Bob Backlund has had to go to the AWA to be able to win a match as Vince in his infinite stupidity has had him losing a ton. I'd bring you in Bob, but there's no room in the inn.

MACW Elite

http://i.imgur.com/7fJGzmD.png?1

NWA World Heavyweight Title

Roddy Piper© vs Michael Hayes--Cage Classic The better to keep Gordy out. Wait, why is everyone in Texas wincing?;)

NWA United States Title

Junkyard Dog vs Greg Valentine© w/Johnny Valentine

NWA World Tag Team Title

Steamboat & Youngblood© vs The Funks vs Sarge & Don--Ladder Match No, I'm not going to do a split winner. Not sure how to do that even if I was so inclined.

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title

Wahoo McDaniel© vs Tully Blanchard w/Sunshine--I Quit Match

Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan

Tony Atlas & Jerry Blackwell w/Buddy Rogers vs Dick Slater & Jimmy Garvin w/Sunshine & Johnny Valentine

The storm died out before it did any real damage thankfully.

MACW Elite

Sunday Week 4 March 1983

Chapel Hill Smith Center, Chapel Hill, NC

Attendance: 23,737 Out of 30,000

Rating: 99/A*

http://i.imgur.com/7fJGzmD.png?1

Pre-Show: Elizabeth's Stable (Jake, Borne, Magnum, & Arn) Hype Themselves (66/C+), 15 Man Battle Royal-Terry Gordy Wins (78/B) I think this is the best Battle Royal grade I've ever gotten in TEW, Bob Orton def Bret Hart (89/A), Buddy Rogers Hypes Blackwell & Atlas Tag Match vs Slater & Garvin (70/C+), Slater & Garvin def Blackwell & Atlas when Sunshine distracted Atlas giving Garvin time to pull out some brass knuckles and knock him out for an easy pin. (80/B), Tully Blanchard gets joined by Sunshine who hypes his match against Wahoo (86/B+). All will be available on our Deluxe VHS release. In stores soon! Insert Betamax joke here everyone.

Wahoo comes out to start the show properly. “Tully Blanchard! You have fallen in with a bad crowd. Those 2 Valentines think you are going to take me out and take this beautiful title. This Chief knows that isn't the case. After I beat you down Blanchard, I'm coming for you, Greg, and your daddy too. Let's get this party started.”

Rating: 93/A

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title: Wahoo McDaniel© vs Tully Blanchard w/Sunshine—I Quit Match

Wahoo takes the energy from the promo straight into the start of the match. Tully gets frustrated and rolls out of the ring to chat with Sunshine. Wahoo makes the cardinal mistake in this situation and goes after him. Tully catches him with a couple of rights and send him face first into the ringpost. Breaking the 10 count, Tully rolls into, then out of the ring and puts the boots to McDaniel. Rolling Wahoo back into the ring, Tully continues the offense and gets a near fall with a nice dropkick. It's his turn to make a mistake when he tries to open Wahoo's cut a little more with a headbutt which staggers him. A ducked clothesline later, and Wahoo is back in business. He plays to his strength advantage with a gorilla press into a big back body drop off the ropes. Tully is in bad shape, and Wahoo cuts him off from leaving the ring. The crowd is on their feet as they sense the end is near. Evidently, they aren't the only ones as Johnny Valentine comes charging down to the ring. Sunshine has Young distracted on the other side of the ring. It's powder! Wait, Wahoo pulled Tully right into the line of fire. He can't see! Wahoo laughs at Johnny then rolls Blanchard up for the pin.

Result: Wahoo McDaniel def Tully Blanchard taintedly via Botched Interference from Johnny Valentine. Wahoo makes his 2nd defense of the Mid-Atlantic Title.

Rating: 97/A* With a burnt out crowd too. Oh boy am I in trouble

Flair is in our interview area with me as I'm also the “Mean Gene” of MACW. “Woooooo! Chapel Hill, North Carolina! It is great to be here tonight. Hogan! You want to make a name for yourself by beating me? Many have tried, and many have failed. You want to attack me in the dark? I do some of my best work with the lights off as anyone who's ridden Space Mountain can tell you. Wooo! You gave up the element of surprise when you revealed yourself. I guess that's the Hollywood thing to do, but now I know your moves. I'm the dirtiest player in the game and the best wrestler in the world, Hogan. Tonight, you're going to see that in full effect, and once you're screaming to your momma from my figure 4, you can limp back to Hollywood.”

Rating: 80/B Even Flair can't follow that masterpiece

Chavo Guerrero vs King Kong Bundy w/Humperdink

Bundy wanted a squash match, but it is clear that you don't squash a Guerrero. He kept dancing around the monster frustrating Bundy and counter-punching when he made a mistake. That called for a strategy session with Oliver. Bundy came out of that refocused which meant Chavo was in trouble. He sold the punches well as he got beaten around the ring, but Bundy went for the pin too soon and missed his splash. Chavo landed several blows but became distracted by Humperdink getting up on the apron. He doesn't realize that Bundy has Randy occupied and gets a punch right in the face which staggers him right into Bundy who does a powerslam for the 3 count.

Result: KKB def Chavo taintedly via Humperdink's Interference

Rating: 66/C+

Hogan comes out and rips the backwards people of the Carolinas, Charlotte, and their hero Ric Flair. “So Ric Flair wants to send me back to Hollywood with a limp. I'd almost take that if it would get me out of this hell hole of an area. Seriously, this place sucks. After being here a few weeks, I can see why Flair says there's a line for Space Mountain. It takes 50 men to get a full set of teeth. You can't understand every 3rd word you morons say, and your basketball teams suck! (I wanted to have him say BBQ but that's a big no-no) No wonder you love Ric Flair. To you in-bred hicks, he looks like a superstar. I've been to Hollywood and grew up in California and Flair wouldn't get a woman there because he's ugly, just like you.”

Rating: 84/B+ Cold crowd note now

Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan

Ric announced that Hogan's promo was over by jumping him and sending him out of the ring with several rights and a couple of chops. As they were still echoing, Young rung the bell for the start of the match. Hogan entered at the count of 7 and proceeded to poke Ric in the eyes. A series of punches sent Flair staggering into the corner where he received several more before Young admonished Hulk to break. Flair seized the opening and proceeded to lay a series of chops that started to turn the massive chest of Hogan beet red. Hogan reversed the attempt to send him into the ropes and almost tossed Flair into the lights on a back body drop. Flair sells his back being hurt as Hogan puts him into an abdominal stretch. After a few agonizing minutes, Ric manages to slip an arm out and grab a rope. Hulk locks it back in, and Young has to break the hold chewing him out the whole time. Flair recovers enough to hit a chop block on the distracted Hogan. Evidently, Hulk had Flair well-scouted as he immediately rolled out of the ring lest Ric start to get him into the figure 4. Ric yelled at him calling him a coward before finally going out to get him. A couple of kicks to Hogan's thighs has him limping again, but Flair gets a short arm clothesline that puts him on his back. An evil look comes across Hulk's face, and he goes over and tosses the time keeper out of his chair. Tommy tries to get him to drop the chair yelling that it will be a DQ. Clearly, Hogan doesn't care. Right as Ric is getting back up, Hulk swings the chair which produces a sickening crash with Flair's skull. Ric drops like a rock as Young calls for the bell. Hulk isn't done though and starts hitting him across his back as well. The Assassin comes out to stop it which Hogan agrees to do saying “He's not so pretty now!”

Result: Flair def Hogan via DQ from chair attack

Rating: 91/A Still cold crowd but they have excellent chemistry with each other! That can't be a pre-set one either. This game loves me!

The EMT's come out as Ric Flair hasn't moved. The arena is eerily silent as Flair is loaded on a stretcher and wheeled to the back The announcers say that if they get any word tonight they'll pass it along to the crowd, but a few prayers couldn't hurt.

Rating: 100/A*

Brad Rheingans vs Jim Neidhart

This match clearly was here so the crowd could regroup from the heinous attack Hogan inflicted on their hero, and Flair being stretchered out of the arena. Well, also to try and rebuild a little of Brad's popularity. Don't give jobbers Legit gimmicks. They don't handle losses well evidently.

Result: Brad def Neidhart cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 46/D Ooof, both were penalized for chemistry/motivation

It's JYD's turn at the Interview Area. “I came here to wrestle the best in the world, and instead, I'm wrestling a daddy's boy who runs from a fight. Well this dog will hunt and track you down wherever you run. So Valentine, you better bring the fight tonight. There won't be any hiding behind daddy because I'll whip him too. I'm going to take that belt from you. Hope you shined it up pretty.

Rating: 82/B

While he heads to the ring, the two Valentines come to get their mic time. Johnny does all the talking while ignoring my attempts to ask about the interference screw-up earlier tonight. “So a rabid dog dares to think he can out-wrestle my son? You know what happens to rabid dogs, don't you JYD? They get put down, and that's exactly what my son is going to do in a minute. Just like a dog to bite off more than they can chew, and you've bitten off way more than you can chew. This is the NWA United States Heavyweight Champion. When he gets mad, he puts the Hammer down, and you will never be the same again. You shouldn't be here, and after Greg is done with you, you won't be.”

Rating: 92/A I bungled my part

NWA United States Heavyweight Title—Junkyard Dog vs Greg Valentine© w/Johnny Valentine

JYD jumps Greg right as the bell rings and puts him on the defensive quickly as the crowd comes alive. He doesn't manage to get more than a 1 count though before the shortcuts from Valentine start turning the tide away from JYD. Greg pummels him into the corner for a spear which connects thanks to a hand holding the Dog's leg. It does only get a 2.5 count. Greg spends the next couple of minutes working those ribs over until JYD starts to rally. A headbutt staggers Valentine then follows with a big hip toss, an elbow drop, and a little barking between crawling headbutts. The crowd senses a title change is possible. He is set up in his 3pt stance, but Valentine manages to move out of the way! Wait! He got pulled out of the way by Johnny. JYD hit the ring post hard, and he can't fight his way out of the figure 4. Submission victory.

Result: Greg Valentine def JYD taintedly via Managerial Interference from Johnny. Greg Valentine makes his 8th defense of the NWA United States Heavyweight Title.

Rating: 85/B+ Uh oh, the first lack of psychology note. JYD might be in trouble

No time for Piper's Pit tonight so Roddy joins me at the Interview Area. “So your big galoot followed you all the way from Texas. I'm sure you think he's going to help you win the match tonight. Weeeeeeelllll, I have some news about that. The match is going to take place in a steel cage. So unless your big oaf can rip some steel away, it is going to be me and you for this World title. This is going to be a fight, and I love a fight. Since you think you're hot stuff with the ladies, you can go ahead and pull out of the match. Otherwise, you aren't going to be so pretty when the cage chews you up.”

Rating: 100/A*

The Kiss vs Nikolai Volkoff w/Humperdink

Another quick filler match to cool the crowd down, and Volkoff to gain some more pop.

Result: Volkoff def Kiss cleanly via pinfall

Rating: 59/C

Michael Hayes brings Terry Gordy to the Interview Area. “So you think a little bit of steel can keep out the baddest man in wrestling today? Bam Bam here could rip that cage apart in 2 minutes, but that isn't needed. See Piper, I've won titles everywhere I've been because I'm simply smarter and a better wrestler than my opponent. Clearly you're scared of me because you had to give yourself a cage to use as a weapon. Well, I have quite a history with cage matches, and I have walked out the door of every single one. My opponents, on the other hand, rarely do. So, if you want to hand that title over, you can save yourself a lot of blood loss. I'm taking that title from you tonight!”

NWA TV Title Match: Mike Rotundo© vs Dr. Death vs Mando Guerrero vs Randy Savage vs Brad Armstrong vs Crusher Bloomfield

It's called “Cram as many mid and lower midcarders into a single match as possible”. The main story of course is that there are two members of Monsters Inc in the match along with Oliver Humperdink at ringside while Barry Windham isn't in the match. The other 3 are happy to fight amongst themselves for most of the match leaving Rotundo at a 2-on-1 disadvantage. That lasts until Savage hits his flying elbow on Brad and goes for the pin. Crusher pulls him off and tosses him out of the ring, but he can't get the pin either as Mando hits a running dropkick. Steve comes over and sends them both out of the ring with a running clothesline. That leaves just Rotundo to crawl over and cover Brad to retain his TV title as Oliver is livid outside the ring.

Result: Rotundo def Armstrong cleanly via pinfall. Mike Rotundo makes his 6th NWA TV title defense.

A video plays with all 3 teams getting a few minutes hyping their feud as highlights of some of their matches play.

Rating: 77/B

NWA World Tag Team Title Match: Sarge & Don Kernodle vs Steamboat & Youngblood© vs The Funks—Ladder Match

The lines had been drawn. Nobody liked Ricky and Jay, but Sarge & Don were angry about Terry putting Sarge on the shelf for almost a month while Terry and Dory were mad at Sarge for costing Terry his Mid-Atlantic title. Being a ladder match, there would be no tagging in and out so it was a free-for-all from the instant the bell rung. All Tommy Young could do was try and stop any obvious cheating. The action was all over the ring and outside too. It wasn't overbooked or anything like that though. The wrestling was fantastic when it happened, and the tag team moves were breathtaking. The one narrative of the match that started to become apparent was the fact that while the 2 heel teams were just brawling, focusing on the upper body, Ricky and Jay were going after the legs either dropping elbows on thighs or even a single leg grapevine. It did almost cost them the match as they were working over Kernodle's leg outside when Terry finally set up the ladder in the ring. The crowd roar gave him away though, and Jay rushed into the ring. He pushed the ladder sending Funk crashing out of the ring causing some foul language from the crowd. ;) Sarge came charging into the ring and wiped out Jay, but he didn't see Ricky perched on the top rope. Missile dropkick took care of Sarge. With Dory down outside, Ricky set up the ladder and retrieved the belts to win.

Result: Steamboat & Youngblood def the other 2 teams cleanly via Ricky retrieving the belts. Ricky & Jay make their th defense of the NWA World Tag Titles

Rating: 89/A And Terry took a Crazy Bump off one of the ladders

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match: Roddy Piper© vs Michael Hayes—Cage Classic aka no escape allowed

The cage gets assembled very quickly as the arena crowd gets treated to a highlight video of Piper which doesn't make it on to the VHS edition. We'll use that on TV some time. Randy Anderson locks the cage, and Tommy Young calls for the bell. The match starts off as a brawl that resembles a boxing match more than a wrestling match. After trading punches for a couple of minutes, they shift back into wrestling. Roddy starts focusing on Hayes' back with a couple of backbreakers followed by a spinebuster that shook the cage. He only gets a 2 count out of it, and then a thumb in his eye from Hayes. He's the first to take advantage of the cage as he spends a couple of minutes throwing Piper into it. Piper is bleeding a little now, and he's on his back after a beautiful brainbuster suplex. That too only results in a 2 count. Hayes starts taunting Roddy smacking his face completely forgetting that angering a Scotsman is a bad idea. Piper grabs his arm and gets to his feet. Hayes now gets to eat steel as the crowd roars its approval. Roddy applies the sleeper hold. Tommy raises Michael's arm 1...2...and Hayes breaks the hold by backing Piper right into the cage. He drops down and puts a few more rights into Piper's cut. Hayes again goes to play with the crowd while Young checks on the cut, but what is this? Hayes just pulled something from his trunks! It's a chain! Piper has gotten back to his feet. The fist comes, but it misses as Piper ducks! He nails Hayes with a boot to the gut that sends the chain flying in air. Roddy notices, but Young misses it completely as it is grabbed by Piper. Quickly wrapping it around his fist, he turns and nails Hayes who drops like a rock.

Result: Roddy Piper def Michael Hayes taintedly via using Hayes' small chain he tried to use first. Roddy Piper makes his th defense of the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

Rating: 99/A*

Piper is celebrating in the ring as Randy is working to unlock the door. Terry Gordy steals the key from Randy Anderson and enters the cage while Hayes is attacking Piper. He's locked the 3 of them in the cage!!! Can the fans handle their TWO heroes being sent to the hospital in one night? Piper is really busted open now. The crowd roars! It's Cowboy Bob Orton. He's got, yes, those are bolt cutters. Orton rushes into the cage as The Freebirds decide they've accomplished what they wanted.

Rating: 88/B+

To say the locker room was overjoyed was an understatement. I had already apologized to Wahoo and Tully for putting their match as the opener though as they watched the rest of the show said the apology wasn't necessary. I thanked everyone for the phenomenal show. I singled out Hayes and Wahoo for their exceptional performances and Terry Funk for his willingness to take that fall off the ladder. They were all pleased.

Oddly enough, it was Dory Funk that was exhausted while Terry came through just fine. Either Darsow dodged the drug tester, or he has cleaned up his act as no one failed a drug test. I needed a medic after reading the financial report from our accountant though. Wow, the taxes are ludicrous. The Misc. cost $1.1 million while the Tax cost $1.023 million. The switch from JIT to Optimistic Merchandising didn't pay off either as I only made $10,000 profit. All that said though, I still made almost $1.2 million profit for the month. So my bank account is now at $2.15 million. I may have a TV taping arena soon. Anything to spend that money so the tax man doesn't get it.

Sorry for the poor layout. I just managed to post the show right before my internet crashed out for their nightly or twice weekly maintenance and couldn't fix it until tonight. I thought I'd give a run-down of all the big companies, their current financials, how much they've grown, and their biggest stars. They will be ranked by their Importance via the Company Wars screen.

#1 World Wrestling Federation

Cult, 2 TV Shows both on USA Huge Network/Enormous Coverage plus 1 Weekly Event and PPV

US Popularity: 58.0 GL, 56.7 MA, MS, MW, NW, and PR, 61.0 NE, 51.4 SE, 60.3 SW, 64.8 TS, 57.1 HI (Started at 30 Everywhere but NE/45, SE/20, SW/40, and TS/60)

Prestige-87

Momentum-67

Bank Account-$2.5 million (#1)

Main Eventers-Afa, Andre the Giant, Big John Studd, Bob Backlund, Buddy Rose, Don Muraco, Ivan Koloff, Jimmy Snuka, and Superstar Billy Graham

World Heavyweight Champion-Big John Studd

And that's the biggest problem. They haven't run a show better than a 70/C+ other than once in March, which was a 71, and once in Feb. a 72/B- since the 4th show in Jan. So, they've almost hit their ceiling if they can't run better shows.

#2 All Japan Pro Wrestling

Regional, 1 TV Highlight Show & 2 Weekly Shows

Japan Pop: 46.4 Everywhere except Kanto/53.4 and Chugoku/47.3 (Started at 45 everywhere but Kanto/50)

Prestige-67

Momentum-69

Bank Account-$377,570 (#18)

Main Eventers-Bruiser Brody (Touring), Dory Funk Jr.(Touring), Genichiro Tenryu, Jumbo Tsuruta, and Stan Hansen (PPA)

World Heavyweight Champion-PFW Dory Funk Jr, NWA United National Stan Hansen, NWA International Heavyweight Genichiro Tenryu

The current tour started in Feb and runs through April. Unlike WWF, they've been putting on exceptional shows, usually mid-70's with lots of low-80's mixed in. They just don't have the benefit of being a trendy company.

#3 New Japan Pro Wrestling

Regional, 1 TV Highlights show & 2 Weekly shows

Japan Pop: 44 Everywhere except Kanto/71.6 (Started at 45 Everywhere except Kanto/60)

Prestige-58

Momentum-55

Bank Account-$1.11 million (#9)

Main Eventers-Antonio Inoki, Kendo Nagasakii, Killer Khan, Masa Saito, Riki Choshu, Tatsumi Fujinami

World Heavyweight Champion-IWGP Heavyweight Riki Choshu

The current tour just ended so they released a lot of people that may have been main eventing, namely Andre. Their lack of pop gains is really mysterious as they're running pretty darn shows (mid-to-high 70's with plenty of mid-80's), and their show is on a Very Big network. Really odd though all their shows seem to have been run out of Kanto, though again, their TV deal covers all of Japan.

#4 World Class Championship Wrestling

Cult, 1 TV show (Medium US Syndication) & 1 Weekly show plus PPV

US Pop: 38.8 GL, MA, NW, TS, PR, 67.6 MS, 39.4 MW, 39.0 NE, 55.3 SE & SW, 27.7 HI (Started at 20 Everywhere except MS/60, SE&SW/40)

Prestige-70

Momentum-70

Bank Account-$1.7 million (#3)

Main Eventers-Brusier Brody, 3 Von Erichs (David, Kerry, & Kevin), Gino Hernandez (recently stolen from SWCW), and Scott Irwin

World Heavyweight Champion-NWA American Heavyweight Vacant (Gee, wonder why:D )

They are the biggest risers in the game, though a couple of those points shouldn't have happened if their weekly event show hadn't been allowed on PPV due to a mod error that I fixed (no one else's shows are allowed on PPV). However, now that they are without their two biggest heels (don't tell Bruiser as he'll kill me) that may change. They are also the trendiest company in the game which has helped them. They haven't had the greatest shows though even before stealing their stars as most were in the C+ range thus only the 7.6 gain in their home territory. However, they're going to keep growing for a long time as long as they keep that national coverage.

#5 Georgia Championship Wrestling

Cult, 1 TV show (TBS) & 1 Weekly show plus PPV

US Pop: 58.0 GL, 52.2 MA, 43.3 MS, 39.5 MW&NE, 39.3 NW&PR, 57.7 SE, 41.1 SW&HI, 46.1 TS (Started at 25 Everywhere except GL&SE/45, MA/40, MS&TS/30)

Prestige-85

Momentum-77

Bank Account-$-91,115 (#27th so dead last)

Main Eventers-Brusier Brody, Butch Reed, Larry Zbyszko, Mr. Wrestling, and Ole Anderson

World Heavyweight Champion-NWA National Heavyweight Ole Anderson

They still won't sell out to me, and the first of the month didn't bring the dreaded "GCW is in dire straits" news story. Their shows have been in the lower 70's pretty consistently with some mid 60's. They did cut their red ink by about $30,000 this month so they might not go bankrupt before the Narratives hit. Though I don't know what kind of leeway 2013 gives.

Archived