can't seem to do well

Let me preface this by saying I'm typing on my phone so excuse the poor grammar and errors -- I'm terrible about typing on this thing Lol. I'm currently working on my laptop for a java assignment and don't have access to my desktop with the games on it ATM.

Ok so I've had this game since essentially its release date (perhaps a week or two later) I've also had basically all of them since EWR Lol. As a young boy. I simply can't do well in this game. I prefer to book promotions with a majority of just matches because I get lost in the angles and who goes over who etc. What is a good product setting for that? How do you get people over and how do you run storylines etc. with that. How do you know who is good at what gimmick and how much creative freedom they get? I mean I've had successful companies but it gets a little boring having the same people go over all the time. That's about the only way I know how to run that seccssfully. Anyone have any tips? I'd like to try a different type of product but again I get lost in all the tiny aspects of the story lines and such.

If you're not going to use angles, then you want any product that leads to it being based primarily on performance instead of popularity (So little mainstream in the product, lots of realism or pure, ect). If you're still going to have a few angles, then maybe consider a "balanced" product equal on performance and popularity.

Without angles, storylines become harder but not impossible. They're going to have to be nearly 100% in-ring based stories, with maybe the rare interview. You'll get hit with "match traps" if you're not careful and hold too many of the same match up within half a year, and you'll need to learn to work around this. The early matches? Keep them shorter than expectations, maybe use the "keep strong" note, don't let the go all out, or even have someone cheat in a product where fans will knock a few points off the rating for cheating. That way you have more matches between the folks feuding during their story, as the last matches will be the ones getting the really good grades. You can also have them face off in multi-man and tag team matches. Though you don't need storylines in a purely performance based company, so if you want you can completely forgo them and book whoever you like. I remember booking a Puro company in the 1975 C-Verse back in TEW2010 and I almost never used storylines, though I did keep an official "rankings" and booked as if it were a professional sport. Still had the occasional storyline, though.

Getting people over is... well, kinda easy in performance based companies, as long as they're talented in-ring workers. Guys who aren't that talented will struggle more. Basically, as long as they're involved in good matches they'll start to gain popularity. Get a talented worker, make sure he's mostly working against other talented guys, and he'll almost certainly start to get over (also, though it's not as important overness still helps).

Gimmick scores are based on:

1. A worker's actual skill in a kind of gimmick (Cool, Crazy, Wholesome, ect), which you can find on their stat page.

2. Your product. Some products will favor unsubtle gimmicks and hate risky ones while others will be the opposite, and some products will loathe gimmicks in general.

3. Luck.

Archived