Modern Warriors 17 (October 2014)

MODERN WARRIORS 17

https://www.mediafire.com/?fip8c11h2q4mud8

Overview:

Active Fighters: 3108

Active Promotions: 22

It's that time again. I had thought about not releasing again until WMMA 4, but a promise is a promise so here it is. This will be the last update until WMMA 4 however. I've made quiet a few updates. The major drawback, as has been the case for a while, is that non-UFC fighter records have holes. I chose not to do those since I'll be doing the lot of them shortly before WMMA 4. There are also no new promotions, however I will be adding Legacy FC and Cage Warriors for WMMA 4. I've added over 100 new fighters and retired another 50 or so.

Body Pics:

For those of you that pay attention to this sort of thing, UFC changed their website layout and stopped using the large, high res body pictures that we used in the pic pack. I've since gotten ahold of the body pics of nearly ever fighter who has fought from UFC 110 to present. I have included a lot of them, and will have them all in by WMMA 4. Even now there are substantially more body pics.

UFC Womens' Strawweights:

I've included these and expanded the free agent pool for this and several other womens weight classes.

Promotions:

I went in depth in most of the organizations. I updated the title histories and rosters of most organizations, especially UFC and Bellator. The only promotions that I didn't spend much time on are Shooto and UCMMA.

Rankings:

I cleaned up the rankings quite a bit; not just the top 25 but specifically 26 and below. Hopefully there shouldn't be as many randoms jumping into the rankings as there used to be. I only spent so much time on this since the formula will change for WMMA anyway, but it's definitely improved.

As always, feedback is welcome.

Nice to see this, kinda surprised me. One question though. For longer games I want to have regeneration turned on, I don't mind regens with real life pictures.

One thing I notice though is that fighter quality for both males and females in the modern era is set to low. So I'm wondering if that's on purpose? The default data has it set to high. Will boosting it up to normal result in too many good regen fighters?

Nice to see this, kinda surprised me. One question though. For longer games I want to have regeneration turned on, I don't mind regens with real life pictures.

One thing I notice though is that fighter quality for both males and females in the modern era is set to low. So I'm wondering if that's on purpose? The default data has it set to high. Will boosting it up to normal result in too many good regen fighters?

From my testing yes. If not set at low brand new fighters appear far too powerful relative to the mod.

You're the man. The undisputed god of mods. That has a ring to it.

I always check for these, and can't wait for WMMA 4.

Some updates--

Joe Soto has signed with UFC

Bob Sapp, Erin Toughill, Dan Severn have all retired.

Score Fighting Series still has a TV show listed despite being defunct.

Thank you again, good sir

You're the man. The undisputed god of mods. That has a ring to it.

I always check for these, and can't wait for WMMA 4.

Some updates--

Joe Soto has signed with UFC

Bob Sapp, Erin Toughill, Dan Severn have all retired.

Score Fighting Series still has a TV show listed despite being defunct.

Thank you again, good sir

Fixed. Thanks.

Awesome stuff. Missing a couple names (like Paige VanZant and Jared Cannonier) but since you said this is your last work for WMMA3 i'm guessing they won't be added. no big deal, I can add them myself

Thanks for the update!

They are both already in for the wmma4 version.

ONE FC's Featherweight title is mistakenly set as inactive, and Bibiano has one defence of their Bantamweight.

Another issue, may just be me, but I'm 4 weeks into a game and i've seen three companies strip champions for "not being in the weightclass anymore" when they are? Bellator stripped Warren just now as he's not in the Bantamweight division anymore, yet his next fight is at 135?

Also Tag, one question

Where can you get a hold of the high res pics for body pics? I often cut a lot of head/body pics myself and would love to know. I know you used to be able to find leftfullbodyimage and rightfullbodyimage of fighters from the events page, but like you said since then they've replaced those

ONE FC's Featherweight title is mistakenly set as inactive, and Bibiano has one defence of their Bantamweight.

Another issue, may just be me, but I'm 4 weeks into a game and i've seen three companies strip champions for "not being in the weightclass anymore" when they are? Bellator stripped Warren just now as he's not in the Bantamweight division anymore, yet his next fight is at 135?

Do you remember who else? Warren's contract was for Featherweight but I fixed that. Also fixed the ONE FC title.

• 1 month later...

Archived