DOTM: October 2014 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken and The Final Countdown for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. You may also substitute either your C-Verse nomination or Mod nomination for a second Monthly Spotlight nomination.

6. Please place a link to the diary you are nominating.

7. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

8. You may not nominate yourself

9. All nominations must include a reason

10. Nominations do NOT need a second. So, once a diary has been nominated PLEASE do NOT nominate it again!

11. No Rookie DOTM this month so everyone qualifies for Cornellverse/Mod DOTM as long as there is one show in the current month.

12. All nominations must be within the current forum (Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties).

13. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

14. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette, NoNeck, 20LEgend, michgcs and MJStark.

15. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

16. You may NOT nominate [C-Verse 97] [HGC/DaVE] Everybody Knows by Phantom Stranger for Cornellverse DOTM

17. You may NOT nominate WCW '94: War of the Thrones by Beejus or POW! - Grapplers of the Galaxy by Pteroid for Mod DOTM

18. You may NOT nominate WWE 2014: What did I just watch? by Captain2 for Monthly Spotlight DOTM

19. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominee's:

Monthly Spotlight Nominee's:

Nominations will be open until November 1st 2014 (6 am Pacific Time)

Just a question which I'm sure has been proposed before, but I'm just curious as to the answer:

Is there any way that the winners of these polls could get stickied for a month or something? Or that their titles could be edited with like [Mod DOTM] in the beginning for a month? Or are the mods too disconnected/not willing to do that? It's understandable either way, I'm just curious.

Just a question which I'm sure has been proposed before, but I'm just curious as to the answer:

Is there any way that the winners of these polls could get stickied for a month or something? Or that their titles could be edited with like [Mod DOTM] in the beginning for a month? Or are the mods too disconnected/not willing to do that? It's understandable either way, I'm just curious.

I do like this idea. It adds a nice perk for the winners.

This isn't exactly what you're saying, but the winners used to be recorded in the Hall of Records. But no one picked up those reins after I stopped.

Adam used to sticky a CV diary of the month, but I don't believe he/GDS could endorse a real world diary.

So I started reading some of the real world diaries here on the board and a lot of them just blend together into a fantasy, sign-everyone debacle that instantly turns me off as a reader. I also feel like that's what leads to so many of them burning out. When the dream matches are exhausted, there's nothing left to keep working toward.

But Final Countdown's WCW offering is something different. I appreciate the vantage point the story and shows are told from and find myself completely immersed in the time period while reading. Also, the way he goes about writing his promos is perfect. There is enough space left for the reader to envision the promo themselves rather than just having a handful of catchphrases from the past shoehorned into them.

Good, good stuff.

:)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527641&page=7

I will go with WWF: Attitude is Everything by Anderz for Mod DOTM, for continued excellence. As well as [1991] Operation World Championship Wrestling by angeldelayette, for having the most surprising title change I think I've seen in a long time.

That in mind, I'll put down Clash of the Champions for Spotlight, because it was a damn good show with some great surprises along the way.

I will go with WWF: Attitude is Everything by Anderz for Mod DOTM, for continued excellence. As well as [1991] Operation World Championship Wrestling by angeldelayette, for having the most surprising title change I think I've seen in a long time.

That in mind, I'll put down Clash of the Champions for Spotlight, because it was a damn good show with some great surprises along the way.

I came in here to make this nomination so I'm glad you did!

I second both of them

For CVerse DOTM, I'll nominate NoNeck's Secrets of the Ring IV: The Final Sacrifice. It's a different take on TCW than maybe most are accustomed to and he's got the perfect rhythm goes when it comes to shows.

For Mod DOTM, I'm going to nominate Beejus' WWF: Glass Shatters. Awesome concept that has a few very promising storylines set up. Big fan of alternate histories like Austin not being able to continue wrestling before Attitude Era really took off.

For Monthly Spotlight, I'm going to nominate Eddie Peak's character in SWF: Generation Supreme by James Casey. Taken the prototypical monster heel and made him really interesting and something to be legitimately feared.

Archived