WMMA4 Render Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problems, Starman. I had a go at your second request, too. I don't think I have the materials to do the third request (earrings, jewellery, etc.), but could try without them if you'd like (or another request).

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/fp11p2b.gif

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/gammadiary/fp11p2f.gif

Excellent! That looks like the perfect heel to go to war with BCF. As for the third request, I'd love to see what you come up with minus the accessories. I mainly mentioned those to give people a better idea of the fighter's personality.

If you'd rather take a stab at something else, I have three Japanese fighters that need renders.

1. A heavyweight prototype who Alpha-1 has basically programmed since birth to carry the next generation. There is nothing controversial about his appearance - basically John Cena as a 6'4" 255 pound Japanese fighter.

2. A light heavyweight fighter who is the polar opposite of the first fighter. His main objective is to destroy the history of Alpha-1 and all their top light heavyweights one by one. He has longer hair, maybe even in a ponytail or pulled back by a headband and a clean cut face. An ultra cocky expression - basically a bully submission artist.

3. A middleweight enigma judoka - this guy is in tremendous shape to go along with his somewhat gothic appearance. A mischievous grin to go along with long bangs - if he can be made with multi colored hair that would be awesome. For some reason, I envision him as an anime villain.

I honestly appreciate the time put into making these. I love creating characters but no matter how hard I try, I can't learn the software to create renders for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few alternate photos.

(I edited these two a long time ago, but I can't remember if I posted them.)

Philip Ziskie in red: [Head] [body]

Nuno Valentino without the bright blue eyes: [Head] [body]

I loved Scottie's re-render of Lukas Mellberg, but couldn't find it without the black background, so I tried to cut it out: [Head] [body]

The rest of these I'm using as re-renders. Been replacing a ton of the default renders with newer unclaimed renders, but some of them needed a bit of editing before I was satisfied with the replacement. Most of you are probably using some of these as custom fighters or free pictures, so the alternates might come in handy. Don't remember the original filenames, so I'll have to list them the way I'm using them myself.

Anthony LeToussier: [Head] [body] (added tattoos and beard)

Carter Potter: [Head] [body] (added sunglasses)

Darin Blood: [Head] [body] (found the same tattoo, but decided to put it on his arm instead of his torso... I may have posted this one already, because it's pretty old now)

Derek South: [Head] [body] (added tattoos)

Harvey Ripa: [Head] [body] (changed hair color slightly, added bandana and tattoo)

Kanezane Fujii: [Head] [body] (added bandana, changed shorts color)

Khru Duangjan: [Head] [body] (added tattoos)

Ross Smith: [Head] [body] (changed hair and clothing colors, added tattoos)

Apologies to the render artists for not giving credit. It's hard to keep track. I recognize some Londons and Scotties, and I believe the one I'm using for Ross Smith is a wrestler from IER's megapack, but other than that I'm really not sure.

I make white skinned character, but after pressing render button in DS 4.6 it becomes black after rendering. What attribute is responsible for that? Or do I need to add a light source to the scene?

Presets in the thread haven't helped with this.

edit: now its too bright...it seems tottally different after pressing Render button, I do not get it. UGh.

AH got it to work at last with the lights preset posted in the 1st pages (J Silvers?) and default render settings.

http://i59.tinypic.com/34f1umx.gif

First shot...My welterweight UK boxer George Walker :D

Advices? I wonder how do I make him look more cartooney, like other wmma characters?

Also, I added him to my DB as a character, but cannot see him in my save game, why? I set debut date 2001 Jan, and I am in 2001 March

2nd shot:

http://i57.tinypic.com/vx0mr.gif

Russian wrestler Boris 'Russian Torpedo' Krupin. Very capable wrestler, who loves slams. Being sentenced for 3 years of prison for slamming a guy in the street fight he also learnt some boxing and now moves onto the octagon.

I am still waiting for feedbacks, if people approve my renders, I could upload fighter packs as Scottie.

Still need to learn how to make them not so much realistic...

http://i58.tinypic.com/24fiel0.gif

I have no idea why is he so bright? I used same settings as with the other 2...Maybe anyone could share yours?

Also what do I need to make the face look older? I wanted this guy to look 45 :D

There's facial morphs to increase age, or you can choose them manually (the ones that crease skin).

The lightness might be produced by one of the sliders of the skin texture (not the diffuse or the glossyness but the other one; forgot its name).

http://i58.tinypic.com/15yj3v5.gif

http://i61.tinypic.com/110c1s4.gif

I totally suck at rendering, and have no idea how to get better to make wmma renders. Also I noticed only now, that his head color differs from his body. :D

edit: one more

http://i62.tinypic.com/2crtste.gif

Blackman, yeah I figured it is probably because I was using different models. I have M4 and M6 and honestly it is a mess now, something installed with error, and now everything is a mess. But I`ll manage that. My real problem is learning rendering lights etc. to actually make models look good and suitable for wmma, since it is my main and only purpose.

If you're using external resources, don't use the textures of one resource for the face. If you want the tattoo, just cut it out and paste it on the skin texture of the face. That said, it could be another problem. But no problem, it's still a fine and perfectly usable render imo.

Yeah, I still struggle with the renders, since all my files are messed up. And now sometimes when using render settings provided in the 1st page of this thread I get usable render, and sometimes very 'whitened'. Can`t find any good tutorials on render settings in DS 4.6.

Also it seems that only a few people are helpful here. I wonder if I ask forbidden questions, or if they don`t want to share their experience. :confused:

Definitely not that, as they'd be shooting in their own foot. More renders = we all win. And no one's getting paid here so that's not it.

I think it's just a chore for people to type it all down without knowing much. You should post your render settings and stuff. It's all very vague, plus there's tutorials all over youtube that do a better job than us. Reading the manual also kinda covers things. People don't seem to do that anymore. :p

Definitely not that, as they'd be shooting in their own foot. More renders = we all win. And no one's getting paid here so that's not it.

I think it's just a chore for people to type it all down without knowing much. You should post your render settings and stuff. It's all very vague, plus there's tutorials all over youtube that do a better job than us. Reading the manual also kinda covers things. People don't seem to do that anymore. :p

Basically I read over the first page of this page for a few times, got over Trells tutorial several times. But I just don`t understand the rendering part...

So I use J silver settings (the two files I have are J_WMMA1 and WMMARenderSettings) I merge them into the rendering part, and sometimes its good.

I actually got problems with all Michael 4 textures, with those settings they are Always white. Too white...

So basically I would probably need a good tutorial on rendering part, as I assume I can change this there in the settings. Or is it lighting problem? But I never add more lighting than in those settings.

Tried with Michael 6 figure, with the same settings it renders pretty nicely. So I don`t get it at all now.

<p>There isn't a better place for this, so here's an alternate face picture for Jeff Carlton.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.cubeupload.com/Js6JA4.gif</span></p><p> </p><p>

I made him one of my announcers. Had to edit his skills because retired fighters aren't automatically given any Analysis skills (with no broadcasting skills, he refused to take the position), which I find a bit disappointing. Maybe I'm just missing something, but if not then at least it's an easy fix. Still, I think an update (or WMMA5) should have the game take the fighter's level of experience and charisma/interview skills into account and do it automatically.</p>

I guess they should get those. In my mod I cherrypicked a couple and gave them skills to be broadcasters based on their profiles/bios. Maybe when Asaemon gets back to overseeing the CVE mod we might do that to all workers.

<p>Lol...My laptop doesn`t want to render characters merged with J silver render settings. It does fine on default. But its usable on default anyway:</p><p>

<span>http://i57.tinypic.com/29nwcxv.gif</span></p><p>

I am still looking for good DAZ 4 tutorials, for making Characters.</p><p> </p><p>

Also maybe anyone have the custom textures for gloves/shorts? Links arent working no more.</p>

Archived