Fight/game engine discussions

<p>I decided to adapt the 3x10 minute format permanently now. It just feels a lot more natural and doesn't seem to pose problems in terms of stamina. Maybe 5x10 might not be accurate for title fights, but I don't make distinctions between title fights and regular fights anyway (only for the occasional rubber match).</p><p> </p><p>

This weekend Fili got a takedown and a knockdown in 1:48 which for instance would be impossible in the game (with a combined 27 strikes). With 10 minutes (a converted 3:36) it can definitely happen. Adam made the decision to 'shorten' the fights somewhat so it's not too boring - a logical decision - and I believe this is the way if you want a more realistic experience. Anybody else who feels the same?</p>

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38873" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I decided to adapt the 3x10 minute format permanently now. It just feels a lot more natural and doesn't seem to pose problems in terms of stamina. Maybe 5x10 might not be accurate for title fights, but I don't make distinctions between title fights and regular fights anyway (only for the occasional rubber match).<p> </p><p> This weekend Fili got a takedown and a knockdown in 1:48 which for instance would be impossible in the game (with a combined 27 strikes). With 10 minutes (a converted 3:36) it can definitely happen. Adam made the decision to 'shorten' the fights somewhat so it's not too boring - a logical decision - and I believe this is the way if you want a more realistic experience. Anybody else who feels the same?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've yet to try longer rounds but I like the fast nature of 5 minute rounds. I could see a Japanese company with 10 minute rounds.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
Again, it just seems weird that people can just "stumble" into a clinch and yet achieve a controlling position. I guess it depends on skill, but I still think it's too big a bonus for someone who is essentially out of gas (yet often immediately scores a takedown).

Again, it just seems weird that people can just "stumble" into a clinch and yet achieve a controlling position. I guess it depends on skill, but I still think it's too big a bonus for someone who is essentially out of gas (yet often immediately scores a takedown).

I'm not sure , you talk about people who fail the takedown, and the defender take the clinch ?

I have alot of failed takedown (and no clinch attempt after) but, 70% of the time, it's the attacker who fail the takedown, but take the clinch and go for a judo throw or something like that, a bit.. unrealistic. (It was realistic in 2005-2006, not anymore, the takedown defense with the cage behind has greatly improved)

Has anyone gotten someone to do a soccer kick or throw a knee to the head of a grounded opponent? I have all of those on and I've only seen a few guys even bother with stomps.

Never. It happened in WMMA3 pretty frequently in my games. Wanderlei even used to go for "flying stomps". I'd love to see the frequency of all stomps, soccer kicks, and grounded knees increased in WMMA4.

JGA

I'm not sure , you talk about people who fail the takedown, and the defender take the clinch ?

I have alot of failed takedown (and no clinch attempt after) but, 70% of the time, it's the attacker who fail the takedown, but take the clinch and go for a judo throw or something like that, a bit.. unrealistic. (It was realistic in 2005-2006, not anymore, the takedown defense with the cage behind has greatly improved)

I'm talking about exhausted fighters during striking exchanges. Sorry if that wasn't clear. :p

But never mind, it seems skill is somehow taken into account when initiating the clinch. It's not an automatic dominant position.

I've played WMMA4 for about a week now, and the contract system is good, but for some reason, I never really minded the WMMA3 contract system. I kinda liked it, actually, so I found it weird that I managed to play 200 hours on steam before finding out that the contract system was actually disliked.

On a different note, does anyone know the rate in which relationships involving two different (or same) genders? Like Pamela O'Neill and Anthony LeToussier dating?

Also, have you ever had same sex relationships in your game?

There's very little to no gay people in the default database. There's some in O+ but no relationships seem to develop organically. At least not in my games (with relationship on very high). In TEW, it actually matters if there's weddings etc. Here, they just won't fight each other (if same sex). So it's a cosmetic thing, really.

The only relationships developing in-game are friends/rivals.

• 7 months later...
These last few years I've been experiencing an unrealistic number of leglock attempts. Seems like leglock skill is improving with all fighters so they'll occasionally go for them. It's true that in reality there's more leglock attempts then you'd think (they just don't work, just like in the game it's rare they actually succeed), but sometimes they just spam them over and over you'd think they're just stalling. :p

Archived