WWE Network

bestbitter

<p>If its from the mid to late 90's (especially 95 to 97) then I'd say you can't go wrong with just about anything from WCW. WWF back then was good as well until about 2007. I don't know much about ECW but I've always liked what I've seen except for when WWE used the brand.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, just my opinion.</p><p> </p><p>

How are you liking WWE network? Is it worth it? Does it have all of the WCW Nitro and Thunder episodes and PPV's?</p>

As I'm a WCW fanboy, I'm just going to list WCW PPVs so there will be more than 3 :p

WCW

Halloween Havoc 1997

Matches I enjoy:

Rey Mysterio Jr vs Eddy Guerrero in a Mask vs Title match

Randy Savage vs DDP

SuperBrawl II(1992)

Brian Pillman vs Jushin Liger

Barry Windham and Dustin Rhodes vs Larry Zbyszko and Steve Austin

Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton vs The Steiner Brothers

Rick Rude vs Ricky Steamboat

Cactus Jack vs Ron Simmons

Sting vs Lex Luger

Spring Stampede 1999

Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko vs Perry Saturn and Raven

Juventud Guerrera vs Blitzkrieg

Rey Mysterio Jr vs Billy Kidman

Booker T vs Scott Steiner

Sting vs Hogan vs DDP vs Ric Flair- This one isn't special other than the finish which was a genuinely great feel good moment.

Great American Bash 1989

This show is generally considered one of the best cards in wrestling history

Ric Flair vs Terry Funk

Lex Luger vs Ricky Steamboat

Sting vs Great Muta

WrestleWar 1991

Bobby Eaton vs Brad Armstrong- This match showcased how criminally underrated Brad was. Just such a great talent.

Dustin Rhodes vs Buddy Landel

War Games Match- Four Horsemen(Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Sid Vicious and Larry Zbyszko) vs Sting, Brian Pillman, and the Steiner Brothers. There's a very sick botched powerbomb done by Sid to Pillman, but this match is awesome.

WrestleWar 1992

Scotty Flamingo(Raven) vs Marcus Bagwell

Brian Pillman vs Tom Zenk- Nothing too special, but it was a nice showcase for Pillman

War Games Match- Sting's Squadron(Sting, Barry Windham, Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, and Nikita Koloff) vs The Dangerous Alliance(Steve Austin, Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, and Larry Zbyszko)

The first 100 hours of WCW Monday Nitro are on there, but not Thunder. They're in the Vault section.

Not to piggyback the thread but I've got a question re: UK Network users.

Is there actually a 14-day trial? I've heard conflicting reports. And is it an actual trial or is it, "enter payment details today, payment comes out in 14 days"?

Anyone who has actually gone through and got the Network in the UK got any comments?

Living Dangerously 1999

Its has two of the matches I think of when I think of ECW; Taz vs. Sabu in a title unification match (Taz was the ECW Champ, and Sabu had stolen Taz's FTW belt, this match was for both), and RVD/Jerry Lynn. Also, Super Crazy vs. Tajiri. It also had New Jack vs. Mustafa, but you can't win 'em all.

Barely Legal 1997

The first ever ECW PPV. Nothing tremendous on the card (though the main event (Funk/Raven) is a great story, and the six man tag was awesome), but worth watching just because it was their first PPV.

Heatwave 1998

Just... the best PPV ECW ever did. Fantastic cluster**** main event, great Taz/Bigelow match, Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs. Hayabusa & Jinsei Shinzaki with *that* spot... just basically awesome from top to bottom.

Living Dangerously 1999

Its has two of the matches I think of when I think of ECW; Taz vs. Sabu in a title unification match (Taz was the ECW Champ, and Sabu had stolen Taz's FTW belt, this match was for both), and RVD/Jerry Lynn. Also, Super Crazy vs. Tajiri. It also had New Jack vs. Mustafa, but you can't win 'em all.

Barely Legal 1997

The first ever ECW PPV. Nothing tremendous on the card (though the main event (Funk/Raven) is a great story, and the six man tag was awesome), but worth watching just because it was their first PPV.

Heatwave 1998

Just... the best PPV ECW ever did. Fantastic cluster**** main event, great Taz/Bigelow match, Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs. Hayabusa & Jinsei Shinzaki with *that* spot... just basically awesome from top to bottom.

This one is on my watchlist.

Archived