D.O.T.T. - Mid South to go Universal!

[B](editors note)[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkRed]I've had so much fun with D.O.T.T. that it inspired me to work on a scenerio of if the Territories still existed in todays world called "Ressurection Of The Territories"....However it is time consuming to edit all the data and I still enjoy playing DOTT that I've decided to give it a shot and do a DOTT diary as well[/COLOR][/I] 1983 is the year....Mid Atlantic is thriving base of the the NWA...WWF is beginning to come into it's own...Georgia continues to be a strong commodity as is the AWA....But down in the states of Louisianna, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas...Bill Watts has been running an organization called Mid South Wrestling which has been taking it's region by storm... My family has come into the area and in a time in which the wrestling world is about to take off, we've invested some money into Mid South wrestling and plan on taking this company not only National....But Universal!!!

[SIZE=5][B]Mid South [I]Universal[/I] Wrestling TV[/B][/SIZE] [B]Great Plains Coloseum - Lawton, Oklahoma[/B] [B][I][U]Attendance[/I] 1,000__________________[/U][/B] [COLOR=DarkOrange][B][B]Pre-Show[/B][/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=3][U]Buddy Landell vs George Weingerolf[/U][/SIZE][/B] Buddy Landell tired rather quickly in this matchup but he was able to illustrate some of his technical abilities in this prototypical squash match...Landell got the submission victory when he wrapped Weingerolf up with a Figure four Leglock. [B]Winner: Buddy Landell Time: 7:43 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red]C-[/COLOR] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [COLOR=DarkOrange][B][B]Main Show[/B][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Show opens with [B]Jim Ross[/B] HYPING UP a major announcement to come later in this program by [B]Bill Watts[/B].[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Rating: [/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]B+[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=3][U]Ted Dibiase & Matt Bourne vs The Rock-N-Roll Express[/U][/SIZE][/B] The RNR Express started match with a flurry of offense...The Rat Pack were able to take control when Dibiase pulled top rope down, allowing Ricky to spill over top to the floor...The Rat Pack then used every underhanded tactic to keep Mortan from making tag...Finally Gibson tagged in and cleaned house knocking Dibiase to the floor...Mortan was tagged in and climbed to top turnbuckle but Dibiase pulled him to the floor...Bourne slingshoted Gibson outside and the referee counted Mortan out as he was the legal man fighting with Dibiase on the outside. [B]Winners: Ted Dibiase & Matt Bourne Time: 15:48 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]B+[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]A ringside promo with Dibiase & Bourne telling everyone that The RAt Pack is the most dominate force in Professional Wrestling Rating:[/COLOR][COLOR=Red] [B]B-[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=3][U]Butch Reed (North American Champion) vs Terry Taylor[/U][/SIZE][/B] These two wrestlers had such contrasting styles that they didn't seem to click in the ring...Jim Ross put over how Reed didn't know how to prepare for such a young upstart in Terry Taylor in that he has slowed the match down to almost a slow motion pace...Taylor would use quick armdrags and hiptosses, but Reed would call time out...Reed would get the pin when Taylor ducked a clotheline and came back with a high cross body block which Reed turned into a powerslam and a 3 count. [B]Winner: Butch Reed Time: 9:49 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Butch Reed then had a ringside promo, in which he talked about how he is the greatest champion of all-time and is oing to take the North American Heaveyweight Championship to new heights. Rating:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]B[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=3][U]Lanny Poffo vs Jim Duggan[/U][/SIZE][/B] a basic squash match as Duggan came in and attacked Poffo at the sound of the bell...Duggan dominated the entire match and finished Poffo off with a powerslam and then a 3point stance tackle for the pin. [B]Winner: Jim Duggan Time: 2:42 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][B]Bill Watts[/B] appears in the ring...He states that, "Mid South is set to take the world by storm...We're no longer ging to play Mr. Nice Guy...We're setting our eyes on the best talent that this country has to offer...And we're taking Mid South from it's little nest in this part of the country and not only attempting to take the Nation by storm, but were going to take the universe by storm as well...And to coincide with this major push we are creating a Universal Heaveyweight Championship and its holder will be recognized as the greatest wrestler in the universe." Rating:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]A[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]At that moment [B]Butch Reed[/B] enters the ring in an outrage. he grabs the mic and stares right in Watts face, "How can you do this to me...I'm the greatest champion in this company...I'm The North American heaveyweight Champion...I don't duck no-one...I take on all comers and you want to create this new title...You should just hand that new title on over to the man and thats me." [B]Watts[/B] replied, "Well you are a great champion Butch Reed and being North American champion you've proved your abilities...but you taking on all-comers and ducking no-one is absurd..You ducked youg Terry Taylor for 10 minutes in a title defense and he's no where near the top of contenders we have hear in Mid South...So you can go on being the North American Champion which will automatically be considered the number 1 contender or you can prove to us what a champ you are and enter the tournament for the Universal Heaveyweight Championship.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Rating:[/COLOR] [B][COLOR=Red]A[/COLOR][/B] [B]Television Main Event[/B] [B][SIZE=3][U]The Junkyard Dog vs "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala[/U][/SIZE][/B] This was a very slow paced match with JYD taking the advantage with a series of head butts...Kamala countered with several chops to the top of the head and a bodyslam...As JYD tried to get to his feet, Kamala then hit a splash onto the back of The Dog and went for a pin, but JYD was lying on his stomach...Kamala got up and looked confused and JYD countered with some punches, a few more headbutts and picked up the "Ugandan Giant" for a powerslam as he went for the pin...Ted Dibiase, Matt Bourne and Jim Duggan hit the ring causing a disqualification and a win by JYD. [B]Winner: Junkyard Dog by DQ Time: 7:54 Rating:[/B][COLOR=Red][B]B[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]At the conclusion of the match "The Rat Pack" of Dibiase, Duggan and Bourne continued to pummel away at JYD, While Dibiase screems to the crowd that he's the leader of the Rat Pack and we're who Mid South Wrestling will evolve around. Rating:[/COLOR][COLOR=Red][B] B[/B] [/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [SIZE=3][B]Overall Rating[/B]:[COLOR=Red] B-[/COLOR][/SIZE] [B]Total Attendance[/B]: [COLOR=Red]1,000[/COLOR] [B]Total Viewers on TV Cable South:[/B] [COLOR=Red]1,388[/COLOR] [B][U]Notes[/U][/B] The show will increase our popularity...JYD & Kamala just didn't know how to use psychology or how to sell...Reed and Taylor didn't click well in their match..Ted Dibiase put on a very good performance all night.

Universal Wrestling episode #2 [SIZE=5][B]Mid South [I]Universal[/I] Wrestling TV[/B][/SIZE] [B]Great Plains Coloseum, Lawton, Oklahoma[/B] [B][I][U]Attendance[/I]: 1,000[/U][/B] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Pre-Show[/COLOR] [B][U]George Weingerolf vs Terry Taylor[/U][/B] This match was booked to give Terry Taylor a bit more seasoning being put in there with the more experienced Weingerolf...Taylor got the pin after he was thrown to the outside and gave George a shoulderblock and then a sunset flip from the ring apron. [B]Winner: Terry Taylor Time: 9:14 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]D[/B][/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR=DarkOrange]Main Show[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]The show opens with [B]Bill Watts[/B] entering the ring and stating that the sherriff is in town and he's putting an end to sneak attacks and wrestlers roster spot will be determined by ring performance.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]A video clip of last weeks 3 on 1 pearl harbor attack by [B]"The Rat Pack" Dibiase, Bourne, Duggan on The Junkyard Dog[/B] was shown. Rating:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]B[/B] [/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Watts then issues a statement saying he is making a stand and in an attempt to discourage such actions "The Rat Pack" will be kept off television for the next 2 weeks. However they will be able to fullfill their contractual obligations at This Sunday Nights January Supershow. Rating:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]B[/B] [/COLOR] [B][U]Magnum TA vs Buddy Landell[/U][/B] Magnum enters the ring looking very intense...Landell plays the cowardly heel, ducking and running from Magnum in the beginning...Landell lures Magnum into a chase and is able to jump TA as he chases him back into the ring...Landell reorts to old school heel tactics such as eye rakes, hair pulling, etc..Magnum reverses an irish whip into the turnbuckle and hits a big backdrop...A few dropkicks, a bodyslam and a bely-to-belly later Magnum gets the pin. [B]Winner: Magnum TA Time: 11:41 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Magnum TA cuts a ringside promo, stating he's here to win titles and wants a shot at Universal Championship and also would like a shot at Butch Reed and the North American Title. Rating:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [B][U]Devastation Inc. King Kong Bundy & The One Man Gang vs Rock-N-Roll Express [/U] [/B] Skandor Akbar brings the worlds largest wrestling stable to the ring...Kamala joins them at ringside and looks lost...Ricky and Robert use their quickness to run circles around the 480lb Bundy and the 435lb OMG...The RNR's hit multiple dropkicks but cant knock the big men down...Even the famed double dropkick only knocks Bundy into a corner...Bundy reverses Roberts Irish whip and then hits a running splash into Robert in the corner...He drops the elbow and covers for the 3 count as OMG hold Ricky in a bear hug [B]Winners: Devastation Inc. Bundy & One Man Gang Time: 8:05 Rating:[/B][COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][B]Skandor Akbar[/B] then does a ringside promo hyping up hour Devastating Devastation Incorporated has become with the signing of over 900lbs of terror in Bundy & OMG...The largest contigent in wrestling history is not here to play games and everyone in Mid South must be prepared to pay at the hands of Devastation Incorporated. Rating:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]A[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][B]Butch Reed[/B] enters the ring and declares himself the Greatest champion in Mid South because he defends the title each and every week against the top contenders and tonight he will defend the North American Heaveyweight Championship against top contender "[B]Lanny Poffo[/B]". Rating:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B][/COLOR] [B][U]Butch Reed (North American HW Champion) vs Lanny Poffo[/U][/B] Jim Ross puts over the fact that Butch Reed is making a mockery of the North American Title by calling Lanny Poffo the number 1 contender..and that there is most certainly better qualified opponents...Poffo gets a quick flurry but misses a moonsault attempt...At which point Butch Reed climbs the ropes and hits a shoulder tackle off the top rope for the pin. [B]Winner: Butch Reed Time: 4:52 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]B[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][B]Magnum TA[/B] then runs into the ring as Reed is posing with his title belt...Magnum gets right up in Reed's face for a stare down...Jim Ross starts to go crazy saying, "Now there's a real challenge for you Butch Reed" Reed begins to coward away pointing his finger at Magnum as he leaves the ring. Rating:[/COLOR][COLOR=Red] [B]B[/B][/COLOR] [B]Television Main Event[/B] [B][U]Jim Niedhardt vs The Junkyard Dog[/U][/B] This match was full of hard hitting shots, which neither man would sell for...Both men tires quickly after exchanging power moves...Niedhardt went for a slam on JYD but JYD floated over the back of Niedhardt and gave him a series of head butts, dazing Niedhardt into walking right into the JYD "Thump" powerslam. [B]Winner: Junkyard Dog Time: 6:34 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]B-[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]After the match at ringside [B]JYD[/B] stated, "That the Rat Pack have bitten off a little more than they can chew, coming after the dog like that...So, the Dog's gone out and found himself one of the baddest brothers to ever come down this way...I've got myself a big ole mountain boy to go to war with the dog against them rats this Sunday night at the January Supershow and thats my man from Oregon, [B]Billy Jack Haynes[/B]." Rating:[/COLOR][COLOR=Red] [B]C+[/B][/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [SIZE=4][B]Overall Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]B-[/B][/COLOR] [B]Attendance:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]1,000[/B][/COLOR] [B]Television Viewers:[/B] [COLOR=Red]1,438 (+50 from last week)[/COLOR][/SIZE] [U]Notes[/U] Billy Jack Haynes looked a bit lost when coming out with JYD during his promo, but we feel he is a young talent and being matched up with JYD should help him get over pretty quickly with fans...Haynes was signed after Mid South ended their non-aggression pact with PNW...Butch Reed looked really good today in his match with Lanny Poffo....JYD and Jim Neidhardt both tired very quickly in their matchup and neither displayed much selling..The rating had to be a testament at how over JYD is in the Mid South

Preview for This Sunday Night [CENTER][B]This Sunday Night (Week 2 of January)[/B] [B]From The Boys Club in Shreveport, Louisianna[/B] [SIZE=5][B][COLOR=Blue]Mid South Universal Wrestling[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]Presents it's January SuperShow[/B] -----------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]JunkYard Dog vs Ted Dibiase Butch Reed defends The North American Heavyweight Championship Jim Duggan vs Billy Jack Haynes Rock-N-Roll Express vs The Midnight Express Dr. Death Steve Williams vs Buddy Landell Matt Bourne vs Terry Taylor Bill Watts to comment on The Universal Heavyweight Championship[/CENTER][/B]

Ok, so I read that first card, and my first thought was "Holy Crap, that roster is really, really good!" Then I re-read it and said "Hol Crap, that card is one I'd pay to see!" As I soak in as much D.O.T.T. stuff as I can, I definitely am looking forward to the universality of Mid-South in your hands. :) p.s.-can't wait to see how Kamala gets used in the long term...in college when my roommate was stressed he would run up and down the hall slapping his bared stomach Kamala-style....no joke, it was his way of relieving stress. And this is like, 1995, not 1985.

Meeting with higher ups On the heels of our first big event we called in a meeting of the minds. [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimRoss.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BillWatts.jpg[/IMG] [B]Jim Ross Bill Watts[/B] [B]Me:[/B] Weel guys, this is our first big event and I dont have huge expectations because were entering an area (Southeast) where were about the 3rd choice as far as the fans tastes go...But we need to establish a stong base here to go along with our popularity in the Mid South if we want to take this thing Universal. [B]Watts:[/B] [COLOR=DarkRed]Not to mention we, re having some serious competition now with the organizations down here after we ended our working agreement, both Georgia Championship Wrestling and Championship Wrestling fromFlorida have declared war on us.[/COLOR] [B]Ross:[/B] [COLOR=DarkGreen]Well thats just great, because that will bring out our competitive nature, we're going to have to bring our best each time...I say we follow up with our TV shows for the next few weeks in the Southeast.[/COLOR] [B]Watts:[/B] [COLOR=DarkRed]I say we go after some of their talent...After all if they want to declare war on us...Well lets go get their talent, afterall it might be a good idea to bring in some outside talent to compete for the Universal Title...And we can show our fans that top superstars fromaround the world want to come Mid South to compete, because they know that the future is here.[/COLOR] [B]Ross:[/B] [COLOR=DarkGreen]There's a couple of young guys plying their trade in Florida that would be nice to bring in and develope...Blackjack Mulligans son Barry Windham and his buddy another youngster named Mike Rotundo[/COLOR] [B]Me:[/B] I'm a step ahead of you Jim, We've made offers several times, but because of Florida declaring war on us, those two have decided to remain loyal to the Florida region. [B]Ross:[/B] [COLOR=DarkGreen]How about some guys from Georgia...Jake Roberts certainly has some familiarity with our fanbase...Arn Anderson is young talent who looks to be a solid building block...Paul Orndorff could be a devastating blow to Georgia[/COLOR]. [B]Watts:[/B] [COLOR=DarkRed]Yeah, but we don't want to alienate our current stars, by bringing to much talent in..Afterall he may not put on the best performances but JYD is over huge here...Same could be said about Butch Reed. Magnum TA is starting to hit his stride and Ted Dibiase and the whole Rat Pack should guarentee us some big gates...I say we keep it more simple, kind of like how we brought Billy jack Haynes in fromportland and put him with JYD...and how we brought Bundy and One Man Gang up from World Class to be with Akbar and Devastation Incorporated...In fact World Class might be a good idea to use our talent exchanging agreement with them a little more.[/COLOR] [B]Me:[/B] Well I say we go get someone who will most likely be over in Southeast and Mid South, see who is the better deal in contract talks...Maybe if we get 1 or 2 from Georgia and bring another up from World Class and factor in we got Billy jack from Pacific Northwest, maybe bring in a guy from Central States and it seems like wrestlers are coming from allover the world for a shot at the Universal Title...Which by the way when our we running that tournament. [B]Watts:[/B] [COLOR=DarkRed]I'm working on arrangements and hope to have an announcement at our January supershow this Sunday...I want to make sure I find a date and location where our full roster will be available.[/COLOR] [B]Me:[/B] Alright guys, lets go out and have a good show this Sunday and keep up the work with TV, we've been getting reports from network that their not happy with our ratings.

[CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=DarkRed][B]Mid South January SuperShow[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B]Shreveport boys Club[/B] in [B]Shreveport, Louisianna[/B] Sunday, Second Week of January [B][SIZE=4]Attendance: 619[/SIZE][/B] [B]Butch Reed[/B] [COLOR=Blue]comes out and says, "The North American Heavyweight Championship will be on the line and todays number 1 contender is Jim Neidhart!!![/COLOR] [SIZE=2]The crowd boos a little until...[/SIZE] [COLOR=Blue]Magum TA hits the ring and gets right up in the face of Butch Reed...After a brief staredown..Magnum grabs the mic and says, "you've been ducking every serious contender long enough...Why is it Magnum TA is never on you list of number 1 contenders." Reed replies, "You want some of me TA, well you need to ear it...If you can take out the number 1 contender Jim Neidhart then I'll give you a shot at The North American Title tonight...Magnum grabs the mic and states, "It's on!"[/COLOR] [B][SIZE=4]Rating[/SIZE][/B][COLOR=Red] [SIZE=4]B-[/SIZE][/COLOR] [B]Match #1[/B] [B][U]Matt Borne vs Terry Taylor[/U][/B] This match was your typical good guy/bad guy match from the 80's...The youngster Taylor used a variety of armdrags, hiptosses and dropkicks on Borne...Borne would resort to hair pulling, eye gauges and trying to lie to the ref and saying Taylor was doing all these things...The two tried to just work the crowd and in the end Matt Borne was able to get Taylor in a piledriver and get the pin. [B][U]Winner: Matt Borne Time: 12:31 Rating[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/U][/B][/COLOR] [B]Match #2[/B] [B][U]Buddy Landell vs Steve "Dr. Death" Williams[/U][/B] Williams dominated early portion of this match using his vast power advantage, by continually catching Buddy Landell and putting him up in press slams...After a thumb to the eye, Landell tried to chop one of Williams legs out from under him and set up the figure four...Twice landell went for it but Williams roled him into small packages for 2 counts...Williams hobbled around on one leg and both men started showing their fatigue...Williams turned a Landell backdrop attempt into a power bomb and the pin [B][U]Winner: Steve Williams Time: 13:50 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Bill Watts[/B] [COLOR=Blue]Came out and addressed the crowd that Mid South Wrestling will crown it's first Universal Heavyweight Champion in March of 1983 at a big show called [B]"Universally Accepted"[/B]... The time between now and then will allow for wrestlers from all over the world to come to Mid South Wrestling and seek a shot in this tournament[/COLOR] [SIZE=4]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/SIZE] [B]Match #3[/B] [B][U]Magnum TA vs Jim Neidhart[/U][/B] Butch Reed accompanied Jim Neidhart to the ring and when Magnum came out he went right after Reed and those 2 brawled on the floor before the bell rang...Neidhart grabbed Magnum TA by the hair and pulled him into the ring and took a quick early advantage hitting a powerslam and a running clotheline into turnbuckle...He went for a second Magnum ducked out of way a hit a flury of fists...Neidhart caught Magnum with a knee and went to whip Magnum, but TA reversed him back into the corner they were coming from and squashing referee Jerry Usher...Magnum hit his Belly-to-Belly but there was no referee, so Butch Reed entered and blasted Magnum TA with a stiff chair shot busting him open and knocking him out...Reed woke up Usher who recovered to count the pin for Neidhart in a fast paced heavy hitting quick match. [B][U]Winner: Jim Neidhart Time: 4:57 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C-[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Butch Reed[/B] [COLOR=Blue]Then grabs the mic and tells the fans that they are undeserving of a seeing a title match tonight and since their so-called number 1 contender is laying in a puddle of his own blood...Butch Reed is taking the night off...[/COLOR] when [B]Jim Neidhart[/B] grabs the mic. [COLOR=Blue]"Well since Magnum was etting a shot if he beat me and I was your so-called number one contender to begin with and I just beat Magnum 1..2..3 I want a shot at the North American title...Reed responds .."You want a shot1 You want me! You got it son.[/COLOR] [SIZE=4][B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]E[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]Match #4[/B] [B][U]The Midnight Express vs The Rock-n-Roll Express[/U][/B] These two new young teams went back and forth with RNR dominating early part with double team moves and speed..MidNight Express eventually took control when they threw Robert Gibson over the top rope behind the referees back...The Midnights worked over Robert for a bit before he hot tagged Ricky, who cleaned house...Ricky and a recovering Robert then pulled some double team moves of their own before Ricky missed a top rope splash allowing the midnights to double team again and keep Mortan from tagging..ventually Ricky crawled through legs of Bobby and Dennis and tagged back in Robert for another hot tag and he cleaned house...Ricky tried to get back in but referee Jerry Usher backed him away allowing Cornette to load up his tennis racket and blast Robert...Bobby Eaton then climbed ropes and hit an Alabama jam for the pin as Dennis and Ricky then fought on the outside giving the MidNights the victory. [B][U]Winners: The MidNight Express Time: 21:53 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Match #5[/B] [B][U]Jim Duggan vs Billy Jack Haynes[/U][/B] Duggan came out to ringside and attacked haynes while he was stil shaking fans hands...The match was far from a scientic classic as it was just a pure six brawl...The 2 exchanged bodyslams in the ring and when Haynes went for the Full Nelson, Duggan squirmed his way out of the ring and Haynes followed..The 2 brawled on the arena floor and up the entrance way when the referee 's count hit 10 ending this match in a double countout. [B][U]No Winner: Double Count Out Time: 7:30 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Match #6[/B] [B][SIZE=2]North American Heavyweight Title Match[/SIZE][/B] [B][U]Butch Reed (Champion) vs Jim Neidhart[/U][/B] Neidhart tried to jump Reed early on and hit a few slams on Reed..But the champion soon took over and began dominating the match..Posturing and posing for the crowd...He hit a vertical suplex, a backbreaker and then was walking around the ring holding the large Neidhart in his arms when a bandged Magnum TA ran down and pulled his legs out from under him and held his legs down so he couldn't kick out and Neidhart got the 3 count and won the championship. [B]Winner: NEW North American Champion JIM NEIDHART Time: 5:56[/B] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR] [B]Magnum TA[/B] [COLOR=Blue]Then got in the ring and a laid into both Reed and Neidhart leaving them both out in the ring after hitting a belly-to-belly on both of them[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B][/COLOR] [B]Match #7[/B] [B][U]Junkyard Dog vs Ted Dibiase[/U][/B] The crowd was really into this match as it really lifte their enthusiasm...The Dog is immensely popular and Dibiase had no answer for his power...Dibiase countered a JYD suplex with a suplex of his own and then applied a sleeper hold which weakened JYD, but The Dog made his big babyface comeback. Powering out and hitting several bonecrunching bodyslams on Dibiase..who tried to rcall a timeout and then run from the dog...Dibiase was able to to catch JYD chasing him kicked away at his head which the Dog no sold..JYD went for a suplex but Dibiase rolled it into a small package and grabbed a handfull of tights for the 3 count. [B][U]Winner: Ted Dibiase Time: 14:43 Rating: [COLOR=Red]B+[/COLOR][/U][/B][/CENTER] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=Red]Overall Rating was B-[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] The show should increase our popularity in the Southeast...Jim Neidhart is the new North American Heavyweight Champion...Crowd was really into the Dibiase/JYD match and despite JYD being very tired they still pulled out a solid match[/CENTER]

Universal TV episode #3 [SIZE=5][B]Mid South [I]Universal[/I] Wrestling TV[/B][/SIZE] [B]Municiple Auditorium Houma, Louisianna[/B] [B]Attendance: 900[/B] [U]________________________________________________________________[/U] [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Pre-Show[/B][/COLOR] Buddy Landell beat Blade Runner Rock by CO Rating: [COLOR=Red]C-[/COLOR] ------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR=DarkOrange]Main Show[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]The Show opens with [B]Jim Ross[/B] and [B]Bill Watts[/B] detailing how we have a [B]New North American Heavyweight Champion in Jim Neidhart[/B], who at the January Supershow defeated both Magnum TA and Butch Reed in the same night, but of course Reed interfered in Magnums match and Magnum interefered in Reed's match[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B][COLOR=Red] [B]D[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][B]Butch Reed[/B] then came to the announce table and demanded to Bill Watts that he should get a rematch against Jim Neidhart because Magnum cost him the match. The announcers were quick to point out he cost magnum his match...Bill Watts said he needs to look into a few things and he'll have an answer for Reed later tonight[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B] [/COLOR] [B]TV Match #1[/B] [B][U]Blade Runner Sting vs Billy Jack Haynes[/U][/B] Ross and Watts put over how JYD has brought Billy Jack into Mid South to get his back in his battles against the "Rat Pack"...Blade runner Sting shows some explosiveness with a high flying splash into the corner on Haynes....but when he went for a second one Haynes moved and slapped the Full Nelson on for the submission victory. [B]Winner: Billy Jack Haynes Time: 5:38 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]D[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]JYD joined Billy Jack Haynes for a post match interview at the announce desk...JYD did most the talking directed at the Rat Pack essentially challenging any combination of the threesome to a tag match.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [B]TV Match #2[/B] [B][U]Terry Taylor & Lanny Poffo vs "The Midnight Express" Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey[/U][/B] Jim Cornette joined the Midnight Express and wa very vocal at ringside...Poffo and Taylor formed a nice team with Poffo showing great agility and Taylor looked every part the up and comer...The cohesiveness and fitness of The Midnight Express was too much in the end when They hit a Rocket launcher on a tired Terry Taylor for the pinfall victory. [B]Winners: The Midnight Express Time: 14:49 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][B]Jim Cornette[/B] aided the Midnight Express in a post match interview at the announce desk...Cornette asked why is their no tag titles here in Mid South...Who's @ss do we have to kiss (Looking at Watts) to have the Mid South tag titles reinstated...The Rock-N-Roll Express proved to be no match for us at the Supershow, so just reinstate the tag titles and hand them to us.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [B]TV Match #3[/B] [B][SIZE=1]non-title matchup[/SIZE][/B] [B][U]Jim Neidhart (North American HW Champion) vs George Weingerolf[/U][/B] During the match Bill Watts has said he has a match signed for next week involving Butch Reed and Jim Neidhart for the North American Title...Watts also hyped a brand new signing to Mid South will make his debut next week as well...Neidhart won in a typical TV squash match with a running power slam on Weingerolf. [B]Winner: Jim Neidhart Time: 4:57 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]F[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]After the match [B]Jim Neidhart[/B] calls out [B]Butch Reed[/B]...He says, "If your looking for me, I'm right here." Reed comes out to ringside with his arms in there air while looking up at the announce table at Watts, wondering if he has his rematch...[B]Watts[/B] grabs the mic and says, "You have a match next week on Universal TV for the North American Title it will be [B]Jim Neidhart vs Butch Reed.......(dramatic pause)...vs Magnum TA in a Triple Threat match, whoever gets the pin gets the title[/B]...At this point Magnum TA runs out from behind and starts fighting with the distraught Butch Reed...Jim Neidhart joins the brawl and security rushes in to break it up.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][B]Steve Williams[/B] in a prerecorded interview talks about his main event match with [B]King Kong Bundy[/B][/COLOR] [B]Rating: [/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [B]TV MAIN EVENT Match #4[/B] [B][U]"Dr. Death" Steve Williams vs King Kong Bundy[/U][/B] Ross and Watts put over the size advantage for Bundy will be offset by Williams brute strength...Williams tries several shoulder tackles but cant budge Bundy...Skandor Akbar was drawing real good heat at ringside...Williams hit several clothelines on Bundy...The last one knocking him down...Akbar intefered and Williams choked him with arms extended allowing Bundy to hammer down on Wiliams...Bundy went for an avalanche rush into the corner but Doc side stepped it and scooped up the mammoth 475lb'er and slammed him for the pin...Bundy more stunned then hurt kicked out a hair too late at 3 1/8. [B]Winner: Steve Williams Time: 7:33 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] --------------------------------------------------------------------- [SIZE=4][B]Overall Show Rating was: [COLOR=Red]C-[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]Attendance:[/B] [COLOR=Red]1,000[/COLOR] [B]Number of viewers:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]1,306 (-132 from last week)[/B][/COLOR] [U]news and notes[/U] Seems as if most the roster tires rather quickly and has dificulty going longer than 7/8 minutes...The announcers hyped duringthe show that we will see a brand new signing to Mid South next week...Billy Jack haynes is struggling a little bit for acceptance, but keeping him with JYD can only help...Next weeks TV show will also be in the southeast coming from Magee, Mississipppi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Other news around wrestling world[/B][/COLOR] [B]The Minnesota Wrecking Crew[/B] defeated [B]The Road Warriors[/B] for the [B]Georgia National Tag Team Championship[/B]

Mid-South is probably the best balanced of the promotions, as I spent a lot of time on them due to their being a favorite of mine. I have to say, though, that I sure as heck hope that Neidhart drops that North American strap soon. Not only have his matches been clunkers, but the man obviously needs to freshen up his mic work. I just can't see the new management taking too kindly to the poor ratings he is pulling in. :) Good job!

Universal TV Episode #4 [SIZE=5][B]Mid South [I]Universal[/I] TV[/B][/SIZE] [B]Battle Zone Arena - Magee, Missisippi[/B] [B]Attendance: 1,000[/B] ____________________________________________________________ [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Pre-Show[/B][/COLOR] [B]Billy Jack Haynes[/B] beat [B]George Weingerolf[/B] 7:37 Rating: [COLOR=Red][B]D[/B][/COLOR] [B]Steve Williams[/B] beat [B] Kamala[/B] by DQ 2:55 Rating: [COLOR=Red][B]B-[/B][/COLOR] Williams was attacked by Kamala, King Kong Bundy & One Man Gang Rating: [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] _____________________________________________________________ [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]TELEVISED PORTION OF MAIN SHOW [/B] [/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Jim Ross and Bill Watts introduce the program reminding fans that after last weeks events we will see a Triple Threat Match for The North American Heavyweight Championship between (Champion) Jim Neidhart, former Champion Butch Reed and top contender Magnum TA.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C-[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Then [B]Bill Watts[/B] reminds fans that the Mid South Universal Championship will be decided in March at [B]"Universally Accepted"[/B] and wrestlers from all around the world are petitioning to get in Mid South wrestling to be apart of that event and tonight in fact RIGHT NOW we will see the newest addition to the Mid South Roster in [B]JAKE ROBERTS[/B]![/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [B]TV Match #1[/B] [B][U]Jake Roberts vs Lanny Poffo[/U][/B] Ross and Watts go over Jake's resume for the fans and discuss how he may be the most calculating, manipulator in this business and is a force to be reckoned with here in Mid South...This was your typical TV squash match and Jake finished Poffo off with a DDT... [B]Winner: Jake Roberts Time: 5:56 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Post match interview Jake Roberts rambles on how he is not the biggest, the strongest, the fastest man in wrestling....but instead what he thrives on is he is the most dangerous and he is here to make a name for himself at anyones cost and the Universal Championship is his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow[/COLOR]. [B]Rating: [/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Highlights are shown on the Television show of the 3 on 1 attack that happened earlier between Steve Williams and Devastation Incorporated.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [B]TV Match #2[/B] [B][U]Ted Dibiase & Matt Borne vs "The Blade Runners" Sting & Rock[/U][/B] Jim Ross put over the Blade Runners as two young up and comers with limitless potential, but they were about to get a lesson in the class of tactical wrestling from "The Rat Pack"...Dibiase and Borne sold everything from The Blade Runners early...but then used their experience to take over the match and to intentionally fatigue their opponents by getting them to chase them around the ring...Duggan was on the outside and he got into it with Blade runner Rock...While Matt Borne delivered a Spike Piledriver with help from Dibiase to get the pin... [B]Winners: Ted Dibiase & Matt Borne Time: 11:31 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Post match promo by the Rat Pack with Dibiase answering last weeks challenge saying they want JYD and Haynes next week here on Universal TV and they are going to put an end to the JYD era here in Mid South[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Video Highlights from Last Weeks Jim Neidhart, Butch Reed, Magnum TA encounter aired to hype the main event[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C-[/B][/COLOR] [B]TV MAIN EVENT Match #3[/B] [SIZE=1][B]Triple Threat match for The North American Heavyweight Championship[/B][/SIZE] [B][U]Jim Neidhart (Champion) vs Butch Reed vs Magnum TA[/U][/B] This match seemed to turn into a brawl right from the start...Neidhart and reed both seemed a little off their game tonight...Ross and Watts reiterated that its a one fall match and that Neidhart could lose his title without even being pinned...Reed coherced Neidhart into working together as a team on Magnum...But when Reed went for a pin...Neidhart kicked him in the head...Which lead to Nedihart and reed fighting...Magnum got his wind back and then made the big babyface comeback on both and Reed flipped over the top rope to the outside...Magnum landed on his feet and pulled Reed underneath the ropes and the two began brawling on the arena floor, while referee Jerry Usher counted both men out and awarded the victory to jim Neidhart. [B]Winner: Jim Neidhart Time: 11:32 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]After the match was over Magnum TA and Butch reed continued to battle up the entrance way as the show went off the air[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] ________________________________________________________________ [SIZE=5][COLOR=Red][B]Overall Show Rating: C[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B]Attendance:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]1,000[/B][/COLOR] [B]TV Viewers:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]1,370 (+64 from last week)[/B][/COLOR] [U]news and notes[/U] Jake Roberts debut was a little underwhelming, but have pretty high expectations for him...The Blade Runners just don't have enough gas to go longer than 8 or 9 minutes as Rock was barely able to finish match...However Dibiase looked excellant...The show was considered a success and should increase our popularity in Southeast...Next weeks TV show returns to Mid South and we have a main event tag match involving JYD/Haynes vs Rat Pack which should draw good ratings.

Universal TV Episode #5 [B][SIZE=5]Mid South [I]Universal[/I] TV [/SIZE][/B] [B]Great Plains Coloseum, Lawton, Oklahoma[/B] Attendance: 1,000 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Pre-Show[/B][/COLOR] [B]Buddy Landell[/B] beat [B]Terry Taylor[/B] 11:34 Rated [COLOR=Red]C-[/COLOR] Both men tired quickly...Landell grabbed a handfull of tights to get the pin --------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]MAIN SHOW[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][B]Jim Ross[/B] and [B]Bill Watts[/B] opened the show hyping The MID South February Supershow coming up 3rd week of February...They also hyped "Universally Accepted" show coming in March in which we'll see a Mid South Universal Champion crowned. The announcers then hyped tonights Main Event of JYD/Billy Jack Haynes vs Ted Dibiase/Matt Borne.[/COLOR] [B]TV Match#1[/B] [B][U]Lanny Poffo vs Kamala[/U][/B] Kamala pretty much manhandled Poffo...Surprisingly these two had gret chemistry...However neither sold very much hurting the match...Kamala got the pin following a splash onto the back and was told by Akbar to roll him over before referee Jerry Usher made the 3 count. [B]Winner: Kamala Time: 2:01 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]After the match Devastation Incorporated wanted to flex the muscle (or Bulk) and they beat down Poffo with 3 on 1 attack featuring Kamala, One Man Gang and King Kong Bundy until Dr. Death Steve Williams came out swinging a chair to clear the ring.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B] [/COLOR] [B]TV Match #2[/B] [B][U]George Weingerolf vs Jake Roberts[/U][/B] This was Jakes second match in Mid South...The Announcers put over how Jake was working in Georgia and Florida but has left both those promotions to work full-time for Mid South...In your typical TV squash match Jake got the pin using the DDT on Weingerolf who was completely dominated in this match [B]Winner: Jake Roberts Time: 5:07 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]D[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]In a post match interview Roberts said he was here to be King of the Universe and will stop at nothing until he gets what he wants and it doesn't matter who he has to go through to get it and mentioned names like Williams, Dibiase, JYD, Devastation Incorporated.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B][/COLOR] [B]TV Match#3[/B] [B]"[U]The Blade Runners" Rock & Sting vs "The Rock-N-Roll Express" Ricky Mortan & Robert Gibson[/U][/B] The RNR Express outquicked The Blade Runners in the early part...Rock took over with a gorilla press slam and The Blade Runners took over briefly until Ricky hot tagged Robert and he began to clean house...Until The Midnight Express ran out into the ring and started brawling with Ricky and Robert...Cornette was leaving no prisoners as he whacked both Blade Runners with the loaded Tennis racket...taking them out as well. [B]Match Ruled Double Disqualification Time: 8:14 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Cornette made his way to the announce table and stated, "We are going to make things very difficult around here until you (Looking at Watts) activate the Mid South Tag Titles...[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Watts grabbed mic away from Cornette and said he planned on announcing that The Tag Titles will be reinstated...2 semifinal matches will be held at at February Supershow with the finals being held at "Universally Accepted" in March...And that you may have some questions to answer of your opponents because in the semi-final your Midnight Express will face The Blade Runners.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR] [B]TV Match #4[/B] [B][U]Ted Dibiase & Matt Borne vs Junkyard Dog & Billy Jack Haynes[/U][/B] Jim Ross built this up as a tag match featuring Mid South's 2 biggest stars in JYD and Dibiase...The Dog and Billy Jack played to the crowd early having a power move answer to all of Borne's and Dibiase's wrestling holds...A quck advantage by Rat Pack was answered when JYD was hot tagged in and head butted both member and powerslammed Borne for a 2 7/8th count...Dibiase and Borne were able to get an advantage when JYD wa tripped by Ted as he wa coming off the ropes...The Rat Pack worked over JYD as Billy Jack tried hard to tag in...Finally JYD reversed a Borne piledriver attempt into a backdrop and reached and made tag...Billy Jack Haynes came in a house of fire and press slammed both wrestlers back to back..While this was going on...[B]Jim Duggan[/B] came out and slam JYD who was still hurting on the cement floor...Haynes had Dibiase up in a press slam when Duggna pulled his legs out from underneath him allowing Dibiase to get a 3 count. [B]Winners: Ted Dibiase & Matt Borne Time: 13:52 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]B-[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]The Rat Pack quickly got out of dodge at the conclusion knowing that they just stole a victory...JYD still hurting from Duggan's slam grabbed the mic and demanded that at The February Super Show that Duggan get in the ring with Dibiase and put up a steel cage around it to keep that weasal Borne out and we'll see who the better team is...Watts in the broadcast booth was heard saying that he thinks he can make that happen, as the show ent off the air.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] --------------------------------------------------------------------------- [SIZE=5][B][COLOR=Red]OVERALL SHOW RATING[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B]Attendance:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]1,000 (sell out)[/B][/COLOR] [B]Viewers:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]1,537 (+167 from last week)[/B][/COLOR] [U]news and notes[/U] It was announced that Butch Reed will face Magnum TA one-on-one at February Supershow...In addition to Blade Runners vs MidNight Express...The Other semifinal will feature Rock-N-Roll Express vs Devastation Incorporated....George Weingerolf was let go from his contract following Universal TV

Troubles for MID SOUTH The day after our last episode of Mid South Universal" TV our show wwas canceled due to low ratings from Southeast cable TV network....This has come as somewhat of a surprise as our shows have gone from C- to C to C+ over the last 3 weeks and viewership has also incresed by 167 this past week and the show was up 64 viewers from the previous week Currently we are in negotiations with several networks in the Mid South region about signing up our current program...However it will be difficult going into our February Super Show without any hype of our TV show leading into it... In other news regarding business interests of Mid South...Due to the amount of dollars we've lost in our fist 5 weeks of operating the company...We have decided to trim the roster... Mr. Wrestling II was let go, because he is just too expensive to use Ernie Ladd and Bill Dundee were also relieved of their road agent duties as Bill Watts will fill their void... We'll have the official card of our February Supershow posted soon

February SuperShow Lineup [CENTER][B][COLOR=DarkRed]The Lineup for the Mid South Wrestling[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE=6][B][COLOR=DarkRed]February SuperShow[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] ==================================================== [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=DarkRed]STEEL CAGE MATCH[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]Billy Jack Haynes & The Junkyard Dog vs Ted Dibiase & Jim Duggan[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BillyJackHaynes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JunkyardDog.jpg[/IMG][IMG]Http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TedDiBiase.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimDuggan.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=DarkRed]Who's The Real #1 Contender for The Noth American Title[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]Magnum T.A. vs Butch Reed[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MagnumTA.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ButchReed2.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=DarkRed]No Disqualification Street Fight[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala vs "Dr. Death" Steve Williams[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Kamala.jpg[/IMG][IMG]Http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SteveWilliams.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=DarkRed]North American Heavyweight Championship Match[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]"Champion" Jim Neidhart vs "Challenger" "Nature Boy" Buddy Landell[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimNeidhart.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BuddyLandell.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=DarkRed]Special Attraction Match[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]Jake Roberts vs Terry Taylor[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JakeRoberts.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TerryTaylor.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed]Universal Tag Team Championship Semi-Final #1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]"The Midnight Express" Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey vs "The Blade Runners" Rock & Sting[/B] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=DarkRed]Universal Tag Team Championship Semi-Final #2[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]"Devastation Incorporated" King Kong Bundy & One Man Gang vs "Rock-N-Roll Express" Ricky Mortan & Robert Gibson[/B] [B][COLOR=DarkRed]plus more....CARD Subject to change[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [B][COLOR=Blue]I'd love to hear your thoughts, analysis and predictions[/COLOR][/B]

Predictions for Feb. SuperShow [b]Billy Jack Haynes & The Junkyard Dog[/b] vs Ted Dibiase & Jim Duggan Magnum T.A. vs [b]Butch Reed[/B] "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala vs [b]"Dr. Death" Steve Williams[/B] "Champion" Jim Neidhart vs [b]"Challenger" "Nature Boy" Buddy Landell[/B] [B]Jake Roberts[/b] vs Terry Taylor [B]"The Midnight Express" Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey[/b] vs "The Blade Runners" Rock & Sting "Devastation Incorporated" King Kong Bundy & One Man Gang vs [b]"Rock-N-Roll Express" Ricky Mortan & Robert Gibson[/B] <--- Somehow they will win

Billy Jack Haynes & The Junkyard Dog vs [B]Ted Dibiase & Jim Duggan[/B]- The Rat pack have been putting the Dog through hell, and I know JYD probably deserves the win, but I don't see ol' Billy Jack pulling his weight in this one. Magnum T.A. vs [B]Butch Reed[/B]- Magnum's not ready yet! [B]"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala [/B] vs "Dr. Death" Steve Williams- This is just my best guess. [B]"Champion" Jim Neidhart[/B] vs "Challenger" "Nature Boy" Buddy Landell- You've done a good job legitimizing the Anvil! [B]Jake Roberts[/B] vs Terry Taylor- I will forever have a biased opinon in favor of the greatest of all time (that I had the privalege to watch), Jake Roberts! [B]"The Midnight Express" Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey[/B] vs "The Blade Runners" Rock & Sting- The former Power Team has been stinking it up from the start so the no brainer is the Midnight Express. [B]"Devastation Incorporated" King Kong Bundy & One Man Gang[/B] vs "Rock-N-Roll Express" Ricky Mortan & Robert Gibson- I love the Rock and Rollers, but there is no way a double dropkick puts away any of the big nasty -BLEEPS- in Dev Inc.

February SuperShow Results [CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=DarkRed][B]Mid South February Super Show[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][B]Great Plains Coloseum, Tulsa Oklahoma[/B][/SIZE] [B]Attendance: 872[/B] ========================================================= [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Pre-Show[/B][/COLOR] [B]The PYT's Koko B. Ware & Norvell Austin[/B] beat [B]Lanny Poffo & Gary Young[/B] [B]7:35 Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]D[/B][/COLOR] ========================================================= [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]MAIN SHOW[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Jim Neidhart comes to the ring and grabs the mic, he says now that he is THE GREATEST NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION ever...He determines when he wants to wrestle and tonight being the champ I want to go first.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C[/B][/COLOR] [B]MATCH #1[/B] [B][SIZE=1]North American Heavyweight Championship Title Match[/SIZE][/B] [B][U]Jim Neidhart (Champion) vs Buddy Landell[/U][/B] Very Slow paced opener as both wrestlers really played to the crowd...which seemed to get behind Landell...Landell would work on Neidhart's leg, trying to set up a figure four, but Neidhart dumped Landell to the outside...The match escalated into a ringside brawl with Neidhart trying to slam Landell's head into ringside post, but Buddy blocked it and hit Neidhart into it...Neidhart staggered to the ring apron as Buddy was climbing back in and Neidhart rolled in first as Landell was playing to the crowd and beat the 10 count for the count out victory. [B]Winner: Jim Neidhart by CO Time: 9:44 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C-[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]At the conclusion of the match Landell and Neidhart shook hands, but as soon as Landell turned to head back to the locker room, Neidhart blasted him with the belt and pummeled him in the ring.[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [B]MATCH #2[/B] [B][SIZE=1]Universal Tag Team Championship Semi-Final[/SIZE][/B] [B] [U]"The Midnight Express" Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey vs "The Blade Runners" Rock & Sting[/U][/B] Cornette was very animated at ringside...Blade runners displayed their power at the beginning...but Midnight's used the tag team craftiness to take advantage...Sting was hot tagged in and cleaned house, but while ref Jerry Usher was trying to get Rock out of the ring...Cornette threw his racket to Bobby who blasted Sting and covered for the pin. [B]Winners: The Midnight Express Time: 8:45 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C-[/COLOR][/B] [B]MATCH#3[/B] [B][SIZE=1]Universal Tag Team Championship Semi-Final[/SIZE][/B] [B]"[U]The Rock-N-Roll Express" Ricky Mortan & Robert Gibson vs "Devastation Incorporated's" One Man Gang & King Kong Bundy[/U][/B] Rock-N-Roll Express came in and attacked the big men at the bell hitting dropkick after dropkick...A double dropkick sent OMG to the floor and Ricky hit a slingshot plancha to the floor onto Akbar and started fighting with OMG...Robert went for a whip into the corner but Bundy reversed it and missed a splash..Gibson sent Bundy into the other corner, but Bundy reversed again and Gibson lept up onto 2nd rope and came back with a twisting high cross body block, but Bundy caught him and ran him into the opposite turnbuckle and hit a splash off the ropes and got the 3 count. [B]Winners: King Kong Bundy & One Man Gang Time: 4:43 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]Junkyard Dog and Billy Jack Haynes came out and hyped their Main Event Steel Cage match against Duggan & Dibiase...JYD did most the talking and the crowd loved him[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B[/COLOR][/B] [B]MATCH #4[/B] [B][U]Jake Roberts vs Terry Taylor[/U][/B] This match really played to the crowd as taylor played the underdog babyface and Jake played the devious heel who was very slow and tactical in his approach...Taylor chased Jake around during the beginning but Jake loured him in with a short arm clotheline...Jake taunted Taylor and went for a DDT, but Taylor had studied some tape and new who to escape before he could hit it...Taylor made a comeback and hit a Thesz press for a near 3 count...He then reversed a Jake suplex attempt into a small package for a 2-7/8th count...Talor whipped Jake into the ropes for a backdrop, but put his head down and Roberts hita DDT for the pin. [B]Winner: Jake Roberts Time: 12:44 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]Jake Roberts took the mic after the match and stated he's set on becoming the king of the Universe and is looking for the Universal Title at "Universally Accepted"[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]Ted Dibiase and Jim Duggan came to the ring to hype the Main Event from their point of view...Dibiase warned JYD and Billy Jack that a RAT will feel riht at home inside a steel cage.[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] [B]MATCH #5[/B] [B][SIZE=1]Oklahoma Street Fight Anything Goes Match[/SIZE][/B] [B][U] "Dr. Death" Steve Williams vs "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala[/U][/B] This match started with Dr. Death entering the ring wearing and Oklahoma Sooner football uniform including a HELMET...He headbutted Kamala with the helmet on busting him open and then went after Akbar, who was great at ringside...Akbar had called to the back for reinforcements and out came OMG & Bundy...Kamala had pulled the helmet of Dr. Death...but didn't know what to make of it and looked confused...Doc then slammed Kamala with a running slam and went right after Bundy who had climbed on the ring apron...Meanwhile The Midnight Express ran inot the ring with steel chairs and went right after Bundy and OMG...Cornette could be heard screaming, "Take Them Out..Take Them Out!"Doc didn't know what to make of Cornette as they came face to face and Cornette yelled, "This doesn't concern you" Doc then decked Cornette and Jim dropped his racket, which Akbar picked up and slammed across Williams head...Kamala climbed to the top rope and splashed Williams and got the 3 count in a chaotic, bloody, overbooked match. [B]Winner: Kamala Time: 9:34 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]All six continued to brawl and had to be seperated by other wrestlers and security after the match[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [B]MATCH #6[/B] [B][SIZE=1]Grudge match for the #1 contendership to North American Title[/SIZE][/B] [B][U]Butch Reed vs Magnum TA[/U][/B] The two wrestlers got right in the middle of the ring for a face to face staredown...Reed started jabbering and hit a pose and Mgnum slapped him int he face...which infuriated Reed...Magnum hit the ropes and Reed didn't budge when he hit a shoulder tackle...Reed displayed his power advantage early and started toying with Magnum....JIM NEIDHART thencame to the ring to scout the match and looked as if he was cheering on Butch Reed...As Magnum made a comeback on Reed , Neidhart jumped up on the ring apron and Magnum began to choke him, dropping the North American Title Belt in the ring...Reed picked up the title belt and was going to hit Magnum with it when, Buddy Landell ran in from behind and pulled it away and nailed Reed causing him to be knocked out on his feet...Neidhart was screaming for the ref, who was busy trying with Neidhart getting him out of the ring...Magnum TA turned around and hit a Belly-To-Belly on a half conscious Reed and got the 3 count [B]Winner: Magnum TA Time: 15:31 Rating: [COLOR=Blue]C+[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]Neidhart was furious with everyone at the conclusion, Landell got right in his face and said, If you want to screw with me I'll screw with you, in refereence to Neidhart and Reed's (Very loose) alliance...Butch Reed had come around and shoved Landell then Magnum got in Reed's face and the had a staredown[/COLOR] [B]This was actually 2 segements The first was rated [COLOR=Red]C-[/COLOR], the second [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR] [/B] [B]MATCH #7[/B] [SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkGreen]MAIN EVENT[/COLOR][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=1]Steel Cage Match...Match must end in pinfall or submission[/SIZE][/B] [B][U]Billy Jack Haynes & Junkyard Dog vs Jim Duggan & Ted Dibiase[/U][/B] The crowd is so into the Dog, that they basically love everything he does...Billy Jack has been underwhelming as the crowd has been so receptive to him even as JYD's partner...Dibiase was head butted by the Dog and went scurrying to climb out of the cage but was grabbed by JYD revealing a full moon...Dog hit some head butts while on all fours which busted open Dibiase...Dibiase tried throwing JYD into cage but JYD reversed and Dibiase went flying into cage and wa now a bloody mess...Billy Jack tagged in and hit a press slam and went for a full nelson which brought Duggan in and Duggan slammed Billy Jack's head into cage busting him open...JYD came up from behind and grabbed Duggan and raked his face back and forth across cage causing Duggan to bleed...Dibiase tried to escape by climbing out butBIlly Jack Haynes climbed up to the top of the cage to meet him...Both were sitting on top of the cage punching each other when Dibiase pushed Billy Jack over the edge and he fell to the floor...Matt Bourne ran down and started pummeling away at Billy Jack Haynes on the outside, while Duggan pulled the Dog up into a piledriver and Dibiase came off the top rope to make it a "Spike" Piledriver and then covered JYD for the pin. [B]Winners: Ted Dibiase & Jim Duggan Time: 14:59 Rating [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR] [/B] ========================================================= [SIZE=5][COLOR=Red][B]OVERALL RATING: C+[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B]Attendance: [COLOR=Red]872[/COLOR][/B] [U]news and notes[/U] Buddy Landell's turn into a babyface went very well...Alot of wrestlers on this roster are just not in the condition to put on long matches as they tire frequently and early (especially Blade Runner Rock)...Mid South Univeral TV will be returning to the air, but not until the first week of March, so Mid South will be on a brief hiatus...Mid South continues to los money and will pull out all the stops leading into [B]"Universally Accepted"[/B]...We will aslo begin promoting 1 card a mnth in Mid South region and 1 card a month in SouthEast after Universally Accepted...In addition we would also like to make a footprint into SouthWest...Alot of talent is interested in coming in to be a part of The Universal World Title Tournament and negotiations will continue[/CENTER]

Mid South Universal TV Episode #6 [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrange]After a 2 week Hiatus, due to cancelation Mid South Universal Wrestling returns to the airwaves on a local Mid South Television network[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=6][B][COLOR=DarkRed]Mid South Universal TV[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]Auraria Events Center - Denver, Colorado[/B] [B]Week 1 of March[/B] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR=DarkOrange]MAIN SHOW[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]A pretaped interview aired of [B]Steve "Dr.Death" Williams[/B] nursing broken ribs from the splash off the top rope that he absorbed from Kamala last Friday Night at the February SuperShow...Williams vowed he will back as soon as posssible for revenge on all of Devastation Incorporated.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]B-[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]We cut to a ringside interview where [B]Devastation Incorporated[/B] are preparing for their match...Skandor Akbar discusses how he has put Dr. Death Steve Williams out of commision and if the Midnight Express want to stick their nose in his business then they will do the same to them.[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]C+[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]In the Ring prior to the match King Kong Bundy demands that the referee make a 5 count on all Devastation In. pin attempts[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]A[/B][/COLOR] [B]TV MATCH #1[/B] [B][U]King Kong Bundy & One Man Gang vs Lanny Poffo & Gary Young[/U][/B] Jim Ross and Bill Watts went over the details of Devastation Inc. semifinal win in the Universal Tag Title tournament over the Midnight Express...They also put over how they ended up brawling with Midnight Express following Steve Williams/Kamala match at February Supershow...Bundy ended up splashing the newcomer Gary Young and got the 5 count for the victory. [B]Winners: One Man Gang & King Kong Bundy Time: 2:38 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C-[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]At the conclusion of the match Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey run in swinging chairs chasing off the behemoths.[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express came to the announce table where Cornette put over the fact the the Midnight Express are tag team specialists, unlike Devastation Inc. which is just a couple of lard @sses that dont know their @ss from a hole in the ground and anything about tag team cohesiveness.[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]A video replay of the events surrounding the North American Heavyweight Championship at the february Supershow aired...Ross and Watts put over how Magnum TA defeated Butch Reed with help from Buddy Landell who lost earlier to Jim Neidhart and was attacked in the post match by the champion...Butch Reed is the former champion, who still demands his rematch...Watts said he will try to get everything settled prior to "Universally Accepted".[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [B]TV MATCH #2[/B] [B][U]Chick Donaven vs "Nature Boy" Buddy Landell[/U][/B] Before the announcers could even finish talking about the debuting Chick Donaven...Buddy Landell had him wrapped up in the figure four and submitting. [B]Winner: Buddy Landell Time: :31 Rating: [COLOR=Red]D[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]Landell in a post match interview called out Neidhart as disgrace of a champion and the was lucky to role into the ring 1 second before he did at February Supershow and he's even more of a disgrace as human for attacking me after the match...And this little affair he has going on with Butch Reed is ruining the legacy of this championship and he vows to put an end to it.[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [B]TV MATCH #3[/B] [B][U]Terry Taylor vs Blade Runner Sting[/U][/B] Ross put over how we can expect great things in the future from these two young lions...Sting and Taylor had great chemistry in the ring...and Sting used more of a scientific approach...The end came when Terry Taylor was about to bounce off the ropes looking for a flying forearm, but Blade Runner Rock hit him with a chair as he hit the ropes, as both the referee and Sting had their backs to the action...Sting then hit a splash for the victory. [B]Winner: Blade Runner Sting Time: 9:42 Rating: [COLOR=Red]D[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]After the match after hearing Taylor complain to referee Jerry Usher...Sting and Rock got into a bit of an argument with Sting questioning Rock's motives and ethics.[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C-[/COLOR][/B] [B]TV MATCH #4[/B] [B][U]Junkyard Dog vs Matt Borne[/U][/B] Ross and Watts discuss how the Rat Pack stole another victory at February Supershow after Billy Jack Haynes was dumped over the top of the cage and Dibiase and Duggan spike piledrove the Dog for the pin...JYD dominated most of this match refusing to sell any of Borne's offensive manuevers, this hurt the quality of the match, but the crowd was really into anything that JYD would do...Borne ducked a clotheline attempt by the Dog but when he rebounded off the ropes JYD caught him in a powerslam for the pin. [B]Winner: Junkyard Dog Time: 9:04 Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue]Ted Dibiase ran into the ring and attacked the dog and Billy Jack Haynes quickly followed to even things out...Dibiase and The Dog paired off, while Billy Jack and Bourne were also going at it, around the ringside area and up the entrance way in a wild brawl as Jim Ross screamed, "We're out of time, we'll see next week on Universal TV."[/COLOR] [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [SIZE=5][COLOR=Red][B]Overall Show Rating: C+[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][B]Attendance: [COLOR=Red]1,786[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]TV Viewers:[/B] (aired the following night) [COLOR=Red][B]100[/B][/COLOR] [U]news and notes[/U] This show was really a recap of the events that happened a few weeks ago at the February Supershow...100 viewers was abit of a disapointment in our debut on a new network, but our time slot is 11pm on Thursday nights (taping is Wednesday night)...Mid South has brought in several undercard wrestlers to see if they can develope and to work our TV tapings. Among them is: Chick Donaven, Gary Young, Ron Simmons....All signed very cheap....Mid South is still in negotiations with some more outside talent that wants to get in and be apart of "Universally Accepted"...Gary Young showed some improvement in his performance and rumble skills this week...Blade runner Sting really needs to work on his conditioning...Billy Jack Haynes still looks a bit lost out there, but JYD continues to look fantastic...This was also our first venture into a very small venue and we did draw a Great crowd (largest ever for us) 1,786...However we did lower ticket prices a bit.

Archived