DOTM: February 2015 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken and The Final Countdown for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. You may also substitute either your C-Verse nomination or Mod nomination for a second Monthly Spotlight nomination.

6. Please place a link to the diary you are nominating.

7. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

8. Non-Diary Threads are not eligible.

9. You may not nominate yourself

10. All nominations must include a reason

11. Nominations do NOT need a second. So, once a diary has been nominated PLEASE do NOT nominate it again!

12. No Rookie DOTM this month so everyone qualifies for Cornellverse/Mod DOTM as long as there is one show in the current month.

13. All nominations must be within the current forum (Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties).

14. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

15. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette, NoNeck, 20LEgend, michgcs and MJStark.

16. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

17. You may NOT nominate Simply Awesome Wrestling: May God have Mercy on Our Souls by Pteroid or CGC: On With the Show by Self for Cornellverse DOTM

18. You may NOT nominate WWF: Golden Age and Beyond by TheFinalCountdown for Mod DOTM

19. You may NOT nominate WWF: Golden Age and Beyond by The Final Countdown for Monthly Spotlight DOTM

20. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominee's:

Monthly Spotlight Nominee's:

Nominations will be open until March 1st 2015 (6 am Pacific Time)

For the Monthly Spotlight, I would like to nominate WCW Clash of the Champions from Beejus' WCW: War of Thrones dynasty.

http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2045506&postcount=945

I love how he has built Billy freaking Gunn (California Kip) into a good mid to upper midcard heel for the Kings of Wrestling, and I actually thought it would have been possible for Kip to win the US Title from DDP. The Hogan/Yazaki match was brilliantly written, and I like that Beejus is booking Hogan in feuds against other talent instead of just the usual suspects of Hogan rivals. And the undercard WrestleCrap superhero story is the right amount of goofiness to remind you that this is WCW. :D And I would be remiss if I didn't mention how he has brought about cocky and goofy Chris Jericho before 1998 and has done a great job in booking him against main event talent such as Sting. That last segment with Jericho and Sting was superb and has me wanting to read that match when it comes about.

I Want to nominate Anderz with JCP: The Race To The Top [TGAAB] for the monthly spotlight. The moment I am referring to is where Ric Flair comes down to assist Dusty Rhodes at the end of the New York Knockout finish.

Cheers to him for actually making Ric Flair helping Dusty Rhodes make sense.

For MOD dynasty of the month I want to nominate the upstart rookie Peter.1986 for his WWE gets 'ATTITUDE' finally revealed. He seems to be doing the time period justice and its an easy to read format.

I'm also trading in my Cornelle dynasty nomination for a second MOD dynasty nomination for your com-padre KnowYourEnemy's Operation: World Wrestling Federation. He does really good promo write ups and his Vince interpretations are really good at boiling my blood.

My first Mod DOTM has to go to Nickman's WWF vs WCW: The War Continues. It is rare to find any game using the 2001 mods as of late, and he is doing the post-Attitude era an incredible service. Go read it. Now.

That brings me to my Spotlight for the month, and that goes Nickman's way as well. His most recent (for now) WWF Raw is War from Week 2, June 2001 is a work of art. It is just chaotic enough that it is "of the time" while being focused in all the storylines circling around it.

My second Mod DOTM is for Montreal Aftermath: Ayden vs. Packerman120. Those two may not be very far into their game, but it's been enjoyable thus far, and if some of the big plans they talk about come to fruition, we could be looking at a real sleeper hit here.

I'd like to nominate Frootloop's WWE 2009: Undisputed http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529734 for DOTM. A lot of fun stuff going on, including the Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins debuting with Bray as the Wyatt Family and Kofi Kingston(!) as WWE Champion. Frootloop also posts a pretty quick pace, and all three brands have great storylines and talent throughout.

I would like to nominate Voeltzwagon's GSW: Can't Keep a Brother Down dynasty for C-Verse DOTM.

The whole diary is presented very nicely and he has made some nice moves into to GSW roster. There's always something to talk about after every show and every match seems to have a legitimate meaning behind it, making squash matches in themselves interesting is hard and he seems to do that with ease. Add in the fact that the big "feuds" are just magical to read about, you can't really have any negative comments about the diary.

For C-Verse I would like to nominate ESE Eternal Suffering by Zergon. a very long running and fun read that also doesn't get too long in the tooth. Been fun to see the company grow and evolve over the years and to see what names he will bring in next.

Thank you for the nomination Voeltzwagon. It means a lot for me to get nominated on this one with so many good diaries around the forum.

I'd like to nominate Frootloop's WWE 2009: Undisputed http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529734 for DOTM. A lot of fun stuff going on, including the Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins debuting with Bray as the Wyatt Family and Kofi Kingston(!) as WWE Champion. Frootloop also posts a pretty quick pace, and all three brands have great storylines and talent throughout.

Thanks a lot, Crackerjack. Really glad to see the support for this dynasty that I haven't had in many (if any) of mine in the past. And if you think it's fun now, just wait til what I have in store later. :p

My first Mod DOTM has to go to Nickman's WWF vs WCW: The War Continues. It is rare to find any game using the 2001 mods as of late, and he is doing the post-Attitude era an incredible service. Go read it. Now.

That brings me to my Spotlight for the month, and that goes Nickman's way as well. His most recent (for now) WWF Raw is War from Week 2, June 2001 is a work of art. It is just chaotic enough that it is "of the time" while being focused in all the storylines circling around it.

My second Mod DOTM is for Montreal Aftermath: Ayden vs. Packerman120. Those two may not be very far into their game, but it's been enjoyable thus far, and if some of the big plans they talk about come to fruition, we could be looking at a real sleeper hit here.

My thanks to you Beej. While I don't think we deserve the nom (yet anyway ;)) it is greatly appreciated! To quote Wayne and Garth..."We're not worthy!"

I Want to nominate Anderz with JCP: The Race To The Top [TGAAB] for the monthly spotlight. The moment I am referring to is where Ric Flair comes down to assist Dusty Rhodes at the end of the New York Knockout finish.

Cheers to him for actually making Ric Flair helping Dusty Rhodes make sense.

For MOD dynasty of the month I want to nominate the upstart rookie Peter.1986 for his WWE gets 'ATTITUDE' finally revealed. He seems to be doing the time period justice and its an easy to read format.

I'm also trading in my Cornelle dynasty nomination for a second MOD dynasty nomination for your com-padre KnowYourEnemy's Operation: World Wrestling Federation. He does really good promo write ups and his Vince interpretations are really good at boiling my blood.

Just noticed this thread. Thank you for the nomination, I'm really enjoying doing this. Although I think as I am new the presentation needs quite a lot of work but i keep trying to improve it as I go along, and as I see the ways others are formatted.

I would like to nominate Packs War To Settle The Score in his 85 diary for monthly spotlight

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2046699&postcount=68

From the debuts of Curt Hennig and The Undertaker to the greatness that is The Macho Cowboys team of Randy Savage and Stan Hansen, this was an excellent show and Pack is doing a great job writing this era considering he wasn't even a sparkle in his daddys eye in '85

I wish I had four votes, but I only have two. So I'm voting for:

WWF: Glass Shatters by Beejus. He obviously doesn't get to this one as much as he'd like, with War of Thrones (and life obviously) getting in the way, but this is my favourite era with my favourite company and I just can't wait until he gets to Wrestlemania!!

My other vote is Rebooking Nitro's by Blodyxe. He has a unique way of writing and he's doing a really good job of writing in a time when WCW was seriously on the decline.

I'd like to give special mention to TeflonBilly's "WWF 1997:A New Attitude" and TheBigBad1013's "WCW: The Quest For The Lost Glory". If I had two more votes, I'd give them to you guys. Keep up the writing fellas, everytime a new show is posted I'm like an excited kid.

For my second nomination, I'm going to the C-Verse diaries again for WxRobbie's Midwest Championship Wrestling: Youth Movement. The quality of the writing and backstory along with the presentation here are amazing -- on par with, say, Eisen-Verse, and the concept is one I've tried before and gravitate towards.

Thank you very much for the nomination! And to have someone compare me to a writer of that caliber is mind boggling. Thanks again!

Archived