[HYPE] 2006: Shifting Sands

It depends on your changes of course, but the roster at the start of the game is absolutely huge so I'd be more inclined to bring in the ECW brand early rather than trying to make it into one.

Just to let y'all know, I'm still working hard on this modification behind the scenes. I haven't been responding because no one has really asked any questions, and I've just been enjoying your responses in terms of looking forward to it and in terms of what y'all plan to do when it's released. I'm glad you're all looking forward to it but there's still a long way to go, unfortunately. I've just finished Ohio Valley Wrestling so that means four promotions are done (TNA, WWE, ROH and OVW) and I plan on doing another preview when Deep South Wrestling (WWE's other child promotion) is done which will hopefully be done in a couple of weeks at the most. :)

Nice! That will be a good idea, i can put new and old talent i don't have anything for in ECW.

Any idea or goal of when the full mod will be released? It seems like you already have the biggest Companies done with (Besides Japan promotions)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems interesting, Who are you going to have when the rumble?

and who do you plan on putting your two world title matches?

For me depending on my roster size, i might have edge win the rumble, then cash in later on in the night. Then have him vs Undertaker to unify the titles. With Taker winning it.

But if The roster is big enough, i will keep the titles seperate.

I'll have Chris Masters win the RR and challenge Edge for WWE championship at WM, but have Carlito attack and "injure" Masters the Raw before WM, thus Masters blaming that on his loss, eventually leads to triple threat at backlash with Masters submitting Carlito.

For smackdown I'll have Angle vs. Taker at no way out in a TLC match, with Angle winning. leading up to no way out ill have a tournament for title match at wrestlemania, with final two beings Rey and Lashley. Lashley wins, ends up beating Angle at WM.

Nice! That will be a good idea, i can put new and old talent i don't have anything for in ECW.

Any idea or goal of when the full mod will be released? It seems like you already have the biggest Companies done with (Besides Japan promotions)

Unfortunately, we're looking at months rather than weeks/days. As Territory Daze is the only full-modification that I've done, that's the only experience I can draw from and that took me just over a year to complete. I don't think Shifting Sands will be much different so we're probably looking at the end of the year since I started in December last year. You're right though, the biggest promotions (in terms of roster size) are pretty much done so things should get rolling a whole lot faster now. Who knows? Maybe with my experiences from Territory Daze, Shifting Sands may be completed a lot sooner as I have a better understanding of what order to do things in. I'll just keep my head down and finish it as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, we're looking at months rather than weeks/days. As Territory Daze is the only full-modification that I've done, that's the only experience I can draw from and that took me just over a year to complete. I don't think Shifting Sands will be much different so we're probably looking at the end of the year since I started in December last year. You're right though, the biggest promotions (in terms of roster size) are pretty much done so things should get rolling a whole lot faster now. Who knows? Maybe with my experiences from Territory Daze, Shifting Sands may be completed a lot sooner as I have a better understanding of what order to do things in. I'll just keep my head down and finish it as soon as possible.

How is everything else in the mod going? Have you touched upon titles or TV/PPV Carriers yet?

How is everything else in the mod going? Have you touched upon titles or TV/PPV Carriers yet?

I haven't touched either of them. I always leave the Championships towards the latter stages so I can link them to the workers, and PPV Carriers and such like will be done after the workers because workers are always the main focus. Everything else is being filled in gradually though with Worker Relationships, Starting Injuries, Starting Storylines, Chemistry, Announcer Experience, Alter Egos, Dojos, Dojo Graduates, Stables, Tag Teams, Moves and Move Sets all being filled in as the workers connected to each category are made.

Going to love this...Muhammad Haasan getting pushed to the moon!!! Undertaker will never let the streak die and if he does lose it its going to be against a next big thing and I'm not talking about Lesnar! DX will be reuniting early and not go PG! Chris Benoit will be so busy he doesn't have time to...well you know.

Colt Cabana is going to get a legit shot at WWE! John Laurinaitus will never...ever touch the book or the hiring. Yea can't wait for this mod!

Having the chance to re-book heel Gregory Helms is also a huge point. Also, The Boogeyman's overpush.

Totally forgot about that! He won the cruiser weight title in jan 2006 didn't he?

Im gonna have him hold it til wrestlemania 23.

So many great opportunities in this mod.

Also gotta try and bring in christian earlier then real life and have be a big star as well as edge.

Totally forgot about that! He won the cruiser weight title in jan 2006 didn't he?

Im gonna have him hold it til wrestlemania 23.

So many great opportunities in this mod.

Also gotta try and bring in christian earlier then real life and have be a big star as well as edge.

Yes. His feud with Lawler was handed really badly, Lawler should have put him over at New Year's Revolution.

One question I had is this, how many workers do you plan on including that have yet to debut? That's always something I look into when it comes to a Historical mod, and considering this is one of my favorite time periods of wrestling i'm more than interested!

I'll probably do something similar to what I did with Territory Daze (which was much more of a historical moderation than this xD) which is do all the big names and then simply add people that you (the players) request. What classifies a "big name"? Pretty much anyone that all the general wrestling fans will know. The moderation is going to be pretty big anyway in terms of workers so there will definitely be plenty of variety to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Mammoth, I'm very excited about this mod as it is around when I started to watch wrestling. I was wondering if there is any update you could give me, and other people wanting this mod, about where it is and possibly an updated timetable for release. Thanks Mammoth, for your work on Territory Daze and this mod.

Hey Mammoth, I'm very excited about this mod as it is around when I started to watch wrestling. I was wondering if there is any update you could give me, and other people wanting this mod, about where it is and possibly an updated timetable for release. Thanks Mammoth, for your work on Territory Daze and this mod.

Hello Ben, thank you for your kind words. As one of my previous posts alluded to, I was working on Deep South Wrestling (WWE's second developmental territory) and I can officially announce that it's finished. Well, it was actually finished about a week and a half ago. The only reason I'm holding off releasing another preview is because I'm clearing out some space in my information folder. You see, as I'm adding a worker I jot down important relationships, tag teams, stables and people they potentially have chemistry with who aren't already in the database. That way, when I come about adding the said person they have a relationship/chemistry with, I don't forget to add it. So after doing WWE, TNA, ROH, OVW and DSW, I decided it was a good opportunity to add some of these people just to clear the 12 pages on a word document I had. xD So yeah, when I've cleared said pages I'll upload the preview I've been referring to for the last couple of weeks and you can all see where I'm at. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Ben, thank you for your kind words. As one of my previous posts alluded to, I was working on Deep South Wrestling (WWE's second developmental territory) and I can officially announce that it's finished. Well, it was actually finished about a week and a half ago. The only reason I'm holding off releasing another preview is because I'm clearing out some space in my information folder. You see, as I'm adding a worker I jot down important relationships, tag teams, stables and people they potentially have chemistry with who aren't already in the database. That way, when I come about adding the said person they have a relationship/chemistry with, I don't forget to add it. So after doing WWE, TNA, ROH, OVW and DSW, I decided it was a good opportunity to add some of these people just to clear the 12 pages on a word document I had. xD So yeah, when I've cleared said pages I'll upload the preview I've been referring to for the last couple of weeks and you can all see where I'm at. :)

Just downloaded the preview form March. I really like the picture backgrounds you've chosen. I'm wondering, it's been about 10 days since the last update, if you have any more updates or another database and pic pack previews to upload. Thanks for the work on this mod.

Just downloaded the preview form March. I really like the picture backgrounds you've chosen. I'm wondering, it's been about 10 days since the last update, if you have any more updates or another database and pic pack previews to upload. Thanks for the work on this mod.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, yesterday was a real blur for me as I was up to my ears with stuff to do. I'm glad you like the pictures; they've evolved slightly since I did TNA and WWE (they're a bit more zoomed out) but I'm still very fond of 'em. I may redo TNA and WWE before Shifting Sands is released just so they're more matched but I haven't decided anything yet because it'll only annoy some people. xD I'm still working on the people with chemistry/relationships with workers I've already done, just to clear my own list a little bit. I've cleared about two thirds of it so I'm hoping to have it done in a week or two at the latest and, as I said previously, I'm looking to release another preview then.

• 3 weeks later...
Rarely do I move away form modern day mods, but with all the hype this is getting i'm looking forward to trying the full mod. Will be nice to use Benoit and run some stuff with him.

There's hype? That's scary. xD I'm glad you're looking forward to it and I can help move you away from modern day modifications however. Hopefully it lives up to the "hype".

Hey, since were getting closer and closer to the end of the year. I was wondering how the progress is going, and if you have a better idea of what month the mod will be released?

I'm sorry, there seems to be some confusion. I said/implied that Shifting Sands would take me about a year to complete, not that it'll be done within the year. I apologise if I didn't make that clearer. I believe I started this topic in March of this year so March of next year would probably be the earliest estimation but like it is with any modification, it could be a lot sooner than that or (far more likely) a little bit later than that. That'll be about the time I'm aiming to complete it by however.

I also apologise for the wait on this next preview. What with the football season starting up again, I began getting into Football Manager more (I've just got Whitehawk Football Club into the Premier League within six seasons thanks to consecutive promotions if anyone was wondering) so I kind of got sidetracked due to my excitement. That's not to say I wasn't still working on it, as I've got about two names left to add so I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that I'll be in a position to release the next preview at this time tomorrow. :)

Okay, here is the next update:

Download Links: Database Preview & Picture Pack Preview

IMPORTANT: I can't stress this enough as I know some people were confused when I did this with Territory Daze, the links provided are simply a preview, it is not the finished article.

It includes Ring of Honor and both Ohio Valley Wrestling and Deep South Wrestling rosters, so basically the "big three" are completely done, including WWE's developmental rosters. I've also added a whole list of people with relationships/chemistry with some of the workers I've already added to clear my files a little bit so the amount of workers have now passed 400. You may also notice that I've added one or two promotions, and they're Irish Whip Wrestling and British Championship Wrestling. Apart from that? I've just been filling in the gaps and it's (very) gradually coming together. I'll be working on rosters in alphabetical order now the "big three" are out of the way and as none of them are quite as big as ROH, TNA or WWE, things will hopefully come together a little quicker now. As usual, I've made the modification playable (although it obviously won't run correctly) so you can look at rosters and such like in-game so if you'd like to give the "big three" a look over and give me some feedback, it would be very much appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...
British Championship Wrestling, eh? If you need any pointers for them, feel free to message me. I'm from one of the two towns they run shows in and I've been going to their shows for ages.

Will do. ;)

any type of release window for this mod? really looking forward to it

Still early (March at the earliest) next year, I'm afraid. My internet router literally exploded last Friday so my internet has been down since then so I haven't been able to do a thing on it for just under a week, which is unfortunate. Hopefully that won't push the release date back too far but it's going to take me a further couple of days to get back into the swing of things.

Will do. ;)

Still early (March at the earliest) next year, I'm afraid. My internet router literally exploded last Friday so my internet has been down since then so I haven't been able to do a thing on it for just under a week, which is unfortunate. Hopefully that won't push the release date back too far but it's going to take me a further couple of days to get back into the swing of things.

Take your time, man. I'm sure the mod will be fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
Just to let y'all know that All Japan Pro Wrestling is all done. It took me more than a couple of days from getting my new internet router to get back into the swing of things and even then, progress was painfully slow. I'm going to be doing some further work on Territory Daze (my 1970 modification) over the next couple of days just because I feel like I need a break from Shifting Sands and hopefully things will be back up to speed when I return to it, and I'll get through the next couple of rosters a lot quicker than AJPW.

Archived