[HYPE] 2006: Shifting Sands

So after the relative success of Territory Daze (it's a success to me because I was expecting maybe ten downloads but the numbers have just surpassed 400 which still boggles my mind) I've decided to take a stab at a more "current" real world moderation and decided upon the year 2006, beginning in January. It's an interesting time period for a variety of reasons - most of which I'm sure you don't need me to tell you - but the biggest incentive for me was the rise of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and the "fall" of World Wrestling Entertainment as they just released a whole load of people at the end of 2005 to cut back on their wages. It's the reason I decided to name the moderation "Shifting Sands" because if TNA had been handled better at this time in real life, I truly believe that things might have been different for them. Anyway, due to how well the hype process worked for Territory Daze, I'll be doing something similar with this - providing previews on a (roughly) monthly basis so that we can find and hopefully resolve issues before they become a problem. So without further ado, here is the first preview:

Download Links: Database Preview & Picture Pack Preview

IMPORTANT: I can't stress this enough as I know some people were confused when I did this with Territory Daze, the links provided are simply a preview, it is not the finished article.

Simply so I could preview things "in-game" as it were (because it's easier to look over statistics and also to check their push and things of that nature in the game rather than in the editor), I imported the "Locations" from Fleisch's Chronicles moderation but I will be changing them up at some point. As you'll no doubt see, the only roster I've done thus far is TNA's but there is other things in there like promotions and company relationships that I'd love you to look over and leave me some very, very early feedback. And finally, I'd love to hear some feedback on the picture pack as - unlike Territory Daze - I've decided to do my own, original picture pack with unique backgrounds so would love to hear what you think. I won't give a definitive answer for when the moderation will be finished/released because quite frankly, I don't have a clue but I'm hoping it'll be before the next Total Extreme Wrestling release. xD If you have any questions and/or information that you think I may need, feel free to reply here or private message me.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's kinda unfortunate because there is 2006 mod from TEW2010 but it got flaws of course. I will upload it if you want to,just to check what you might missed etc.

I actually prefer to start my moderations from scratch because I prefer to make my own mistakes rather than having a mixture of a load of peoples in there, if that makes sense? As you say though, I may take a look at it closer to the time that the moderation is complete just to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'll keep you posted. :)

Mammoth modes are always a guaranteed thing, and 2006, for me, it's a great starting point. IMHO WWE was relying too heavily in the old stars (and I think that it's a "lost generation" of workers that could have made the transition that nowadays WWE is doing), while TNA had a great roster, ROH was doing his "thing" and NJPW was assembling the good roster that nowadays is thriving.

Thanks sir!

2006 is one of my favorite eras. Very excited to see this coming to 13 :)

I hope I do it justice. :)

Mammoth modes are always a guaranteed thing, and 2006, for me, it's a great starting point. IMHO WWE was relying too heavily in the old stars (and I think that it's a "lost generation" of workers that could have made the transition that nowadays WWE is doing), while TNA had a great roster, ROH was doing his "thing" and NJPW was assembling the good roster that nowadays is thriving.

Thanks sir!

I didn't know I had fans. xD Actually, I think you might pleasantly be surprised with WWE's roster. It's huge because the brand split was in full effect - with ECW just around the corner too - and although you have some of the elderly guys, there is a lot of people coming through like The Miz, Bobby Lashley and the entire Spirit Squad to name but a few, but you also have some guys who you'd consider independent wrestling stars today who never quite made it in the WWE.

Would love to see this mod, one of my favorite eras as a kid.

Although I wasn't a "kid" when it happened, it is without a shadow of a doubt one of my favourite eras too.

love the picture backgrounds mate they are awesome!!

Thanks. :D I was hoping someone would comment on them because I (obviously) love them myself and look forward to seeing them in action. They look particularly good with Iceisle's Blue Skin.

This was a fun time in wrestling. Although I was on and off some months. Was this the time when Christian jumped to TNA?

Yes, he's been there a couple of months and - at the start of the moderation - will be the number one contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, depending on if the player wants to keep it that way, obviously.

I'm very excited for two reasons!

One, it's a Mammoth mod! :D

Two, 2006 is a fantastic time for wrestling, and a perfect time for someone to play as an alternative promotion in a modern setting. :)

Thanks, man. I totally agree, independent promotions were popping up all over the place and the likes of Ring of Honor and CHIKARA were really only just dipping their toes into the water.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Yeah, I'm a bit excited for this.

Hopefully it lives up to the hype. xD

Looking forward to this Mammoth

Thanks. :)

Wait, January 2006? You mean I can right the wrong that was Rey Mysterio winning the World Heavyweight Championship? Sign me up! Looking forward to this one!

Although I would prefer November 2005, just to save Eddie Guerrero.

Well you can still prevent Chris Benoit from you know....

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I had to go to the dentist a week or so ago to have a tooth removed and the pain it's caused has been astronomical so I've basically been living on pain killers ever since, and if I had replied sooner, I'm sure my response wouldn't have made much sense. xD Unfortunately, that's also meant progress on Shifting Sands has been a little slower than I would have liked but I'm about half way through WWE's roster.

Wait, January 2006? You mean I can right the wrong that was Rey Mysterio winning the World Heavyweight Championship? Sign me up! Looking forward to this one!

Although I would prefer November 2005, just to save Eddie Guerrero.

I wouldn't personally call it a "wrong" but yes - yes you can. xD I honestly thought about going back a couple of months so I could include Eddie Guerrero but - I don't know why - I always prefer starting my modifications in January.

This is incredibly minor and me being nitpicky, but mod is short for modification, not moderation. :p

Wow, you mean I've been saying it wrong this whole time? Thanks for pointing it out. :p

1992 and 2006 are two years I have wanted to play, it no TEW 2013 mods have been made for them. Excited for this mod, no matter how long it takes.

Yeah, I've seen a couple of people update modifications from TEW10 but I figured 2006 is a year that deserves to be done properly. I hope it lives up to expectations.

Can't wait for the completed version! This was the time that WWE became stale with me because they kept utilizing the same guys. John Cena was the only guy that was not one of the old guys!

Really can't wait to get a hold of this one.

That surprises me to be honest because even though they were the "same guys", they were real quality guys, so didn't bore me nearly as much as the current crop of "same guys" do in real life. Although Cena was the World Heavyweight Champion at the start of this modification, he hadn't really become the face of the company at this point so that's what I'm looking forward to the most to be honest, seeing who people choose as their face of the company.

Really excited for this

Thanks, I look forward to seeing peoples reactions when it's completed so hopefully you stay hyped throughout the process. xD

Archived