lowest rated show you've ever done

My first time trying to book an all divas brand in the WWE, I had a laughably bad roster. Both in in ring talent and depth. To get a sense of how bad it was, I eventually hired Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler to bolster my main event. Obviously that experiment failed.

I tried to get away with cheap bikini contests to quickly get people over, but soon realized that that wasn't going to work in TEW 2013. My first rating got a D+ in the WWE. Horrendous considering I'm now used to B+'s and A's from the WWE, and B's from the Divas brand. Heck even Superstars is rarely lower than a C+. It took a year to build up a legitimate roster and develop my most over, yet least talented wrestlers. But I'm now proud to say I've legitimized women's wrestling in the WWE.

My first time trying to book an all divas brand in the WWE, I had a laughably bad roster. Both in in ring talent and depth. To get a sense of how bad it was, I eventually hired Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler to bolster my main event. Obviously that experiment failed.

I tried to get away with cheap bikini contests to quickly get people over, but soon realized that that wasn't going to work in TEW 2013. My first rating got a D+ in the WWE. Horrendous considering I'm now used to B+'s and A's from the WWE, and B's from the Divas brand. Heck even Superstars is rarely lower than a C+. It took a year to build up a legitimate roster and develop my most over, yet least talented wrestlers. But I'm now proud to say I've legitimized women's wrestling in the WWE.

How did you get the divas so high? I always try to build a legitimate divas division but can never get anyone over because they all start so low so getting wins over other divas doesn't do much for their pop...

How did you get the divas so high? I always try to build a legitimate divas division but can never get anyone over because they all start so low so getting wins over other divas doesn't do much for their pop...

It wasn't easy. It took me close to two years to get them close enough to make their show an A show. My trick was to have them interact with a highly rated GM. My diva brand GM was Stephanie McMahon. My top talent interacted with her until they got to a respectable enough level.

Highly rated segments on PPV as well (even if they're not matches) gives a bonus to the overness too. Then what I did with lower talent was attach them to the more over divas either as managers or as a tag team. I also used the old "Face Off, but no Contact" trick a bit for my unknowns.

In rang talent can improve just by putting them out there. Having them work with talented unknowns speeds up the process.

Not an awful match, but I had SWF put on a show with a 17 rated match shortly after I left the company, because I brought in some foreign workers on developmental deals and they crapped the bed when called up without guidance.

Archived