2002: The Rise of TNA

In 2002, World Wrestling Entertainment and the McMahon family dominated the professional wrestling scene in North America. In the previous year, WWE, then WWF, bought out both ECW and WCW and seemingly eliminated all of its competition. The independent scene in America is full of potential, many fresh faces are travelling the country, making a name for themselves in the hope of making it to the big leagues. In May of 2002, Jeff Jarrett sought out to create a wrestling promotion that combined both the future stars of the wrestling industry, and the talents of yester year, in order to help the future stars grow. This vision would be known as Total Nonstop Action. In his first order of business, Jarrett hired the creater of ECW, Paul Heyman, as the booker of TNA, and trusted him to help Jarrett create a company that could potentially rival the WWE. TNA quickly would gain a TV contract with WBFS-My 33, which would provide coverage to the South East, which would be taped every Monday and aired on Wednesday, and they would also run a show in the Tri-State area every Tuesday, in order to boost TNA's popularity. It is know July and TNA's popularity is ever growing, as their roster begins to take shape.

Champions:

NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship:

Jeff Jarrett

TNA X Division Championship:

CM Punk

Roster

Air Paris

AJ Styles

Alex Wright

Amazing Red

Brian Kendrick

Brian Lawler

Bryan Danielson

Chris Hero

Chris Sabin

CM Punk

Colt Cabana

Curt Hennig

Devon Storm

Goldust

Jeff Jarrett

Jerry Lynn

KENTA

Low Ki

Ron Killings

Samoa Joe

Shane Douglas

Shark Boy

Steve Corino

Teddy Hart

Already I have had some troubles with contracts. Firstly, the first X Division Champion, Christopher Daniels, was one of the most talented guys on the roster, that was until New Japan Pro Wrestling came along and offered him a written contract that obviously, I just couldnt match, so to get the title off of him, I decided to put the title on CM Punk, who was planned to beat Daniels for the title, within a few months, therefore my plans were pushed forward. Currently, we are engaged in a contract dispute with Bryan Danielson. Originally it took almost 2 in game weeks in order to sign him to a contract as he is a freelancer and didnt want to sign a long deal, finally I managed to get him to sign a 3 month deal, which I was hoping to renew as soon as possible, however that plan has been killed stone dead, as he feels like his time in TNA is up. So Bryan has been used primarily to build up talent such as CM Punk, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, etc, the guys who I'm hoping I can hold on to and build the company around them. Due to a lack of microphone skills for anybody on the roster, I am looking to sign a number of managers for some workers, Dusty Rhodes is working as a road agent but I want to utilise him as a manager also, currently I am trying him out with AJ Styles. If anybody has any ideas for managers I could bring in to help improve talent I'd love to hear them. Results from the latest episode of Impact! to follow.

TNA Impact! TV Taping

Match Card:

CM Punk vs Colt Cabana - X Division Championship

Bryan Danielson vs KENTA

AJ Styles vs Devon Storm vs Jerry Lynn

Results:

We start of the show with Paul Heyman in the ring with CM Punk. Heyman declares Punk a fighting champion who is ready to take on all comers. He is the man who sent Christopher Daniels backing to Japan and he is ready to do the same to any person in the back with the balls to take him on. Heyman is interrupted by Colt Cabana, who says that unlike Punk, he doesnt need a manager to do his talking for him and that if he was truly a fighting champion, he would face Cabana right now with the X Division Championship on the line. Heyman accepts and the match gets underway. (Rating: 59)

CM Punk vs Colt Cabana - X Division Championship:

A back and forth contest between the two heated rivals in CM Punk's first defence of his X Division Championship. Cabana comes close to victory, however, the champion is able to pick up the win after 13:36 with a Pepsi Plunge. (Rating: 51)

Bryan Danielson vs KENTA:

Another hard hitting match between two of the most all-round wrestlers on the TNA roster. KENTA manages to take the victory with a Busaiku Knee Kick after 15:22 (Rating: 50)

Curt Hennig vs Jeff Jarrett Announced for next week (Rating: 57)

AJ Styles vs Devon Storm vs Jerry Lynn:

2 up and comers in the world of professional wrestling take on one of the most talented workers from ECW in a hotly contested battle. Storm lays out Lynn with an Inverted DDT, only to turn into AJ Styles, who then hits a Styles Clash for the victory after 19:39 (Rating: 54)

Show Rating: 54

All round a great show from start to finish and the first sell out show we have had as 2,000 were in attendence. Next week's main event has already been made as we will see Curt Hennig taking on Jeff Jarrett with the NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship on the line. Next up we have TNA Live from the New York Flickinger Centre, with double the attendence from last week's show.

Match Card:

Samoa Joe vs Steve Corino

Bryan Danielson vs Colt Cabana

Chris Hero vs CM Punk

Amazing Red vs Low Ki vs Shark Boy

Ron Killings vs Shane Douglas

AJ Styles vs Alex Wright

Results:

Samoa Joe vs Steve Corino:

Two brawlers meet in a fierce, hard hitting battle. Joe is on a hot streak as of late and tonight is no different as he hits the Island Driver on Corino and this one is over just under the 15 minute mark. (Rating: 57)

Bryan Danielson vs Colt Cabana:

A solid match here, as an unusually serious Colt Cabana takes his frustration out on Bryan Danielson, following his loss to CM Punk on Impact. Cabana is in control for most of the match before ending it with a Colt. 45 after 15:23. (Rating: 59)

Paul Heyman is out with his client CM Punk and he recieves with an eruption of cheers from the New York crowd, as expected. Heyman calls out the TNA locker room once again, declaring CM Punk as the future of not just TNA, but this industry as a whole. (Rating: 65)

Chris Hero vs CM Punk:

Right off the bat, Punk is on Hero, raining down on him with rights, lefts, kicks, knees, everything. The intensity is too much for Hero who tries to get back into the fight but a distraction from Heyman enables Punk to go back on the offensive and take over this fight once more. Punk connects with the Pepsi Plunge and this one is over after 8:12. (Rating: 54)

Amazing Red vs Low Ki vs Shark Boy:

A great back and forth match between 3 of the up and coming talent on the TNA roster which was a contender for match of the night. Low Ki's hard hitting style is able to get the better of his opponents however and he picks up the victory after a Ki' Krusher 99 on Shark Boy after 14:27. (Rating: 66)

Ron Killings vs Shane Douglas:

A disappointing match between two main eventers. Douglas seemed like he just didnt want to be there and after Killings connected with the Truth or Consequences, the match is over, much to the gratitude of the fans in attendence. (Rating: 48)

AJ Styles makes his way down to the ring and he is joined by Dusty Rhodes. Dusty declares himself AJ's new manager and that he sees a lot of himself in AJ. He states that AJ is a diamond in the rough and with Dusty's guidance, he will be the man to bring honour back to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. (Rating: 65)

AJ Styles vs Alex Wright:

In our main event, we see 2 of the hottest properties in TNA right now collide in a back and forth match and another match of the night contender. The action was face paced and neither man missed a step as they had the New York crowd going home happy. AJ Styles managed to pick up the victory after 23 minutes with the Styles Clash to finish off the show. (Rating: 66)

Show Rating: 62

TNA Impact Card:

KENTA vs Low Ki

CM Punk vs Bryan Danielson vs Alex Wright

Jeff Jarrett vs Curt Hennig - NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship

TNA Live Card:

Brian Kendrick vs CM Punk

Goldust vs Steve Corino

Colt Cabana vs Ron Killings vs Teddy Hart

Chris Sabin vs Low Ki

AJ Styles vs Bryan Danielson

Brian Lawler vs Jeff Jarrett vs Jerry Lynn

Predictions and thoughts about the show below

TNA Impact Card:

KENTA vs Low Ki

CM Punk vs Bryan Danielson vs Alex Wright

Jeff Jarrett vs Curt Hennig - NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Before the show, Curt Hennig and Teddy Hart got into an argument, which is the second time that both have got into an incident, I'm thinking of firing the two of them if they do anything else. Luckily, Bryan Danielson and KENTA bonded over a love of meditation so my backstage rating was raised a little by it.

Results:

The show kicks off with TNA General Manager, Paul Heyman, in the middle of the ring with a microphone in hand.

Paul Heyman:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am out here in front of you all tonight to set the record straight on the rumours swirling around about Bryan Danielson. Yes, its true, Bryan Danielson's contract will expire in 2 weeks, and his last show will also be on the final day of his contract. Now, we will have a battle royale next week with every man in the back, and the winner will be named the number one contender for Jeff Jarrett or Curt Hennig's NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship. I will now return you, to your regularly scheduled programming." (Rating:63)

KENTA vs Low Ki:

Low Ki is on KENTA from the get go, using his hard hitting style to take control of the Japanese star. KENTA managed to get himself back into the match, hitting a Busaiku Knee Kick but Low Ki fell out of the ring, meaning that KENTA was unable to capitalise on it. As KENTA rolled Low Ki into the ring, CM Punk emerged from behind the curtain, catching the eye of KENTA. KENTA has a staredown with Punk before sliding back into the ring, only to be hit with the Ki' Krusher 99 for the pinfall at the 12:37 mark. (Rating: 55)

Alex Wright vs Bryan Danielson vs CM Punk:

A back and forth match between 3 stars with a bright future in this industry. Punk and Bryan worked together a lot to take out Wright early on but Bryan turned his back on Punk mid match. Wright got back into the match and was in control for a while. However, Punk was able to hit the Pepsi Plunge on Wright for the pinfall after 18 minutes. (Rating: 53)

Dusty Rhodes appears backstage with his protege, AJ Styles. Dusty announces that AJ Styles will be the first man to enter next week's battle royale to find a new number one contender to take on the winner of tonight's main event. (Rating: 60)

Curt Hennig vs Jeff Jarrett - NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship:

A match that unfortunately didnt have the rating I was hoping for (atleast 60) but it was still decent. Hennig's morale had a negative effect on the match, but luckily it was not a stinker. Jarrett managed to successfully defend his Championship after nailing Hennig with The Stroke after 18:27. (Rating: 53)

Show Rating: 54

Increased popularity in one area (South East)

TNA Live Card:

Brian Kendrick vs CM Punk

Goldust vs Steve Corino

Colt Cabana vs Ron Killings vs Teddy Hart

Chris Sabin vs Low Ki

AJ Styles vs Bryan Danielson

Brian Lawler vs Jeff Jarrett vs Jerry Lynn

Results:

Brian Kendrick vs CM Punk:

A one sided affair, the X Division champion had no problems beating Kendrick to a pulp. Punk picks up the victory after 8:32. (Rating: 56)

Goldust vs Steve Corino:

The newcomer from the WWE in his try out match for TNA and he did not fail to deliver. A back and forth match between two hard hitting wrestlers in their prime and a good sign of things to come in Goldust's TNA career. Goldust picked up the victory with a Bulldog after 12:49. (Rating: 52)

Colt Cabana vs Ron Killings vs Teddy Hart:

Another decent match between the three competitors, Teddy Hart unfortunately due to backstage incidents, is pulling jobber duty for a while. Cabana picked up the win with the Colt 45 after 14 minutes. (Rating: 54)

Chris Sabin vs Low Ki:

An unexpectedly great match and a contender for match of the night. Chris Sabin hasnt featured much for me but after this, I might have to use him more often. Low Ki picked up the victory with a Ki' Krusher 99 after 8 minutes. (Rating: 63)

Brian Lawler vs Jeff Jarrett vs Jerry Lynn:

A disappointing match and luckily I moved this match down the card as it was originally planned to be the main event. The World Champion took the victory after 18 minutes after hitting the Stroke on Lawler. (Rating: 50)

AJ Styles vs Bryan Danielson:

A great way to end the show with two of the best independent talents going head to head in the main event of the show. Styles won the match after 23 minutes with a roll up in what was a fantastic technical battle. (Rating: 68)

Show Rating: 63

Popularity increased in one region (Tri State)

TNA Impact Card:

Chris Sabin vs CM Punk - X Division Championship

Samoa Joe vs Shane Douglas

Battle Royal to determine number one contender for NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship:

Air Paris

AJ Styles

Alex Wright

Amazing Red

Brian Kendrick

Brian Lawler

Bryan Danielson

Chris Hero

Colt Cabana

Curt Hennig

Devon Storm

Goldust

Jerry Lynn

KENTA

Low Ki

Ron Killings

Shark Boy

Steve Corino

Teddy Hart

TNA Live Card:

KENTA vs Teddy Hart

Low Ki vs Shark Boy

Colt Cabana vs Chris Hero

Bryan Danielson vs Steve Corino

CM Punk vs Ron Killings

AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn

Predictions and thoughts below

BREAKING NEWS:

- Total Nonstop Action are delighted to announce the additions of James Mitchell, Kid Kash, Mike Quackenbush and Shinjiro Otani to the roster on Pay Per Appearance deals.

- Curt Hennig has signed a written deal with New Japan Pro Wrestling, joining TNA alumni, Christopher Daniels. TNA would like to publically thank Mr Hennig for his services with the company and we wish him well in his future endeavors.

Gotta be a great match.

Joe needs this more.

Battle Royal to determine number one contender for NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship: AJ Styles

Danielson could win this too, but AJ is in the main event of TNA Live.

TNA Live Card:

KENTA vs Teddy Hart

Low Ki vs Shark Boy

CM Punk vs Ron Killings

AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn

Left side 4 Life. Great read, I like it.

TNA Impact Card - Week 1 - August:

Battle Royal to determine number one contender for NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Results:

Chris Sabin vs CM Punk - X Division Championship:

Surprisingly a bad match, these two have no chemistry which is a shame because I was hoping to build Sabin up and do this match again in the future. Punk takes the victory with the Pepsi Plunge after 8 minutes. (Rating: 48)

Paul Heyman immediately grabs the microphone and begins speaking.

Paul Heyman:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am standing here today with my client, the reigning, defending X Division Champion, C...M..Punk. Now I do not have to speak for CM Punk because what he has just done to Chris Sabin speaks for itself and so I want to address tonights main event and more specifically, Mr Jeff Jarrett. The reason I have taken CM Punk under my wing is because CM Punk is the most dedicated champion in Total Nonstop Action. If you want proof, Jeff Jarrett isnt even here tonight. But he will be here next week, in this very building to defend his NWA TNA World Heavyweight Champion against the winner of tonight's battle royale. Now I know what youre thinking, who? Who is man enough to outlast every member of the TNA roster in order to take the victory. Who is talented enough to take the World Heavyweight Championship away from Jeff Jarrett...Now I dont know the answer to that just yet because CM Punk was not granted entrance into the battle royale so therefore I would just like to issue this message to our champion....Jeff, next week you are walking in here with the NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship....but I promise, you wont be walking out at all."

Heyman throws the microphone to the ground as he and Punk leave the ring and make their way to the back. (Rating: 62)

Samoa Joe vs Shane Douglas:

This match did what it was supposed to do, it got the crowd going and riled them up for the main event. Young lion taking on the old veteran who has been through the wars, both with something to prove. The match ended after 13:49 when Douglas tapped to the STF. (Rating: 52)

Battle Royale to determine Number One Contender for Jeff Jarrett's NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship:

A hotly contested matches full of the future stars here in TNA, each hoping to break through to the next level with a victory here. We are down to the final 4 which is Low Ki, Bryan Danielson, Colt Cabana and AJ Styles. Cabana and Bryan are going at it in the corner as AJ and Low Ki are beating the hell out of each other too. Styles grabs Low Ki and throws him over the top rope but he holds on before AJ nails him with the Pele Kick, sending him to the floor. AJ falls down as he watches Cabana and Bryan fighting in the corner. He spots his opportunity and sneaks up behind both of them and throws them over...................But Bryan held on! Cabana goes crashing into the ground as Bryan is holding on for dear life. AJ is celebrating in the ring, he thinks he's won bu-...What the Hell! That's Low Ki and CM Punk! Punk and Low Ki are attacking AJ Styles as Bryan manages to get himself back into the ring under the bottom rope. Punk and Low Ki leave AJ a bloodied mess before leaving the ring, as Bryan tries to play dead until the two leave. Bryan quickly makes his way towards AJ and fires him over the ropes and crashing into the ground, thus winning this match. (Rating: 55)

Show Rating: 55

Increased popularity in one region (South East)

TNA Live Card:

KENTA vs Teddy Hart

Low Ki vs Shark Boy

CM Punk vs Ron Killings

AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn

Results:

KENTA vs Teddy Hart:

A back and forth match between two up and coming talent in TNA and it really did its job as an opener. It got the crowd excited and ready for more which was its purpose. KENTA notches up another victory with a roll up after 12:49. (Rating: 56)

Low Ki vs Shark Boy:

On an interesting note, Low Ki was accompanied to the ring by Paul Heyman. This match was completely one sided, Low Ki's mixed martial arts style was just too much for Shark Boy and the match was laid to res after 13 minutes after Low Ki hit the Ki' Krusher 99. (Rating: 68)

Colt Cabana vs Chris Hero:

The battle of the friends saw a back and forth match, both men know each others moveset so well. Cabana managed to take the victory with the Colt 45 after 8 minutes (Rating: 47)

CM Punk vs Ron Killings:

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, CM Punk defeated Ron Killings in 17:32 by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. (Rating: 61)

Paul Heyman enters the ring with a microphone with a smirk, smiling from ear to ear.

Paul Heyman:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am saddened to inform you, that AJ Styles is not here this evening. But dont get me wrong, that is not out of personal choice because AJ Styles WOULD be here if AJ Styles COULD be here. The reason AJ Styles is not here is because he is nothing more than a spec on the wheel of a New Age of professional wrestling. But, luckily for you, our main event tonight will now be Bryan Danielson vs Steve Corino!" (Rating: 70)

Bryan Danielson vs Steve Corino:

This match was a major let down, Corino's push (midcarder) meant that people didnt like that the match lasted 20 minutes. A real shame, however, Danielson managed to pick up the victory with a crossface. (Rating: 47)

Show Rating: 53

Increased popularity in one region (Tri State)

TNA Match Card - Week 2 - August:

CM Punk/Low Ki vs Amazing Red/Chris Hero

Samoa Joe vs Alex Wright

Bryan Danielson vs Jeff Jarrett - NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship

TNA Live:

CM Punk/Low Ki vs Kid Kash/Mike Quackenbush

Colt Cabana vs Jerry Lynn

Chris Sabin vs Devon Storm

KENTA vs Steve Corino

Chris Hero vs Jeff Jarrett

Goldust vs Ron Killings

Bryan Danielson's contract expires next week and he has the chance of a lifetime to take the NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship with him! What will happen, Bryan Danielson versus Jeff Jarrett, tune in next week to find out!

Samoa Joe vs Alex Wright

Bryan Danielson vs Jeff Jarrett - NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship

TNA Live:

KENTA vs Steve Corino

Goldust vs Ron Killings

BREAKING NEWS:

- Unfortunate news coming out of Wednesday night's East Coast Wrestling Association show, Bryan Danielson broke his collar bone during his ECWA Heavyweight title defence against Scoot Andrews and thus will be out of action for 19 days. This means that he will be unable to compete for the NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Jeff Jarrett on Impact. Total Nonstop Action General Manager, Paul Heyman, issued the following statement regarding the championship match.

"Unfortunately, Bryan Danielson cannot compete on Impact for the World Heavyweight Championship. However, the show must go on and the main event for Monday's show will now be Jeff Jarrett defending his World Heavyweight Championship against Colt Cabana."

- In addition to this news, World Championship Wrestling has reopened its doors. The company was bought over by Carlos Colon and has got itself a television show on MTV called WCW Rage. Unfortunately though, one of WCW's first signings was Steve Corino to a written deal, who will compete in his final TNA match at TNA Live before he joins WCW. TNA would like to wish Mr Corino the very best in his future endeavors

Samoa Joe vs Alex Wright

Colt Cabana vs Jeff Jarrett - NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Results:

The show kicks off with the duo of Low Ki and the X Division Champion, CM Punk, standing in the ring alongside their manager, Paul Heyman, who has a microphone in his hand.

Paul Heyman:

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman, and I am the advocate for the two men who will lead Total Nonstop Action to the pinacle of this industry....Low Ki and the reigning, defending, X Division Champion, C..M..Punk. These two men will not only rid TNA of the dinosaurs that has infested this place like Jeff Jarrett or Jerry Lynn, guys who just werent good enough to be picked up by the man that has monopolised professional wrestling and now must scavenge around the independents, just trying to stay relevant. These two men will usher in the New Age of professional wrestling and they want to warn every single man, woman or child that is even considering stepping to one of these men....The New Age is taking over professional wrestling, and if youre smart....get out of the way." (Rating: 62)

CM Punk/Low Ki vs Amazing Red/Chris Hero:

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The New Age defeated Amazing Red and Chris Hero in 12:33 when Low Ki defeated Chris Hero by submission with a Dragon Clutch. (Rating: 54)

Samoa Joe vs Alex Wright:

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Samoa Joe defeated Alex Wright in 12:43 by pinfall with an Island Driver. (Rating: 54)

TNA Impact returns from a commercial break to see three mysterious figures standing in the back, seeming to be talking to one another about something. One of the men walks off, and his face is visible for a moment, revealing himself to be the notorious, James Mitchell. He exits the area as the camera pans back to the ring for tonight's main event. (Rating: 53)

Colt Cabana vs Jeff Jarrett - NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship:

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jeff Jarrett defeated Colt Cabana in 18:19 by pinfall with The Stroke. Jeff Jarrett makes defence number 3 of his NWA TNA World Heavyweight title. (Rating: 49)

Jarrett is celebrating his hard fought victory over Cabana when suddenly three men appear on stage one by one: First Paul Heyman with a smirk on his face, then Low Ki and then CM Punk, with the X Division Championship around his waist. Punk takes the championship from around his waist and hands it to Heyman before he and Low Ki make their way down the ramp. Punk stands at the bottom of the ramp as Low Ki walks around the ring to the back of Jarrett. Jarrett is trying to keep an eye on both men before Low Ki slides in, and Jarrett goes to attack, but Punk is right on top of him. Jarrett tries to fend them both off, however the numbers game eventually takes its toll on him. Punk and Ki are beating the hell out of the World Champion as Heyman stands atop the ramp and with a smile on his face. Punk lifts Jarrett up and connects with a Go To Sleep, but Jarrett doesnt fall, instead he turns straight into a Ki' Krusher 99 from Low Ki. The New Age stand tall over Double J as the show comes to a close.

Final Show Rating: 52

Popularity increased in one region (South East)

TNA Live:

KENTA vs Steve Corino

Goldust vs Ron Killings

Results:

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, The New Age defeated Kid Kash and Mike Quackenbush in 13:05 when CM Punk defeated Mike Quackenbush by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. (Rating: 72)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Colt Cabana defeated Jerry Lynn in 12:41 by pinfall with a Colt 45. (Rating: 57)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Chris Sabin defeated Devon Storm in 12:56 by pinfall with a Cradle Shock. (Rating: 55)

KENTA vs Steve Corino

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, KENTA defeated Steve Corino in 13:08 by pinfall with a Busaiku Knee Kick. (Rating: 50)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jeff Jarrett defeated Chris Hero in 13:19 by pinfall with The Stroke. (Rating: 63)

Goldust vs Ron Killings

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Ron Killings defeated Goldust in 18:25 by pinfall with a Truth Or Consequences. (Rating: 52)

Final Show Rating: 55

Popularity increased in one region (Tri State)

TNA Impact Match Card - Week 3 - August:

AJ Styles vs Teddy Hart

AJ Styles returns to TNA for the first time since he was laid out by the duo of CM Punk and Low Ki, now known as the New Age. Will AJ get his momentum back on track or will his injuries have a part to play in this match?

Chris Sabin vs Shark Boy vs KENTA

A great X Division bout here as 3 of the future stars in TNA get their chance to prove themselves. Surely a victory here could improve the victor's chances of earning a shot at CM Punk's X Division Championship.

The New Age vs The Quebeccers

A one time only deal sees former 3 time WWF tag team champions, the Quebeccers, taking on CM Punk and Low Ki who are running rampant through the TNA roster. The New Age are definitely one of the most talented tag teams in wrestling today, however Rougeau and Ouellett cannot be taken lightly.

TNA Live - Week 3 - August:

Brian Kendrick/Paul London vs Mike Quackenbush/Kid Kash

Chris Sabin vs Samoa Joe

Alex Wright vs Brian Lawler

Low Ki vs Shinjiro Otani

Jeff Jarrett vs Devon Storm

AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn

Unfortunate news that I have lost both Bryan Danielson and Steve Corino however I am attempting to resign Bryan to a deal as soon as possible, although his attitude towards resigning doesnt seem too positive. Unfortunately I had to replace him in the title match as Bryan and Jarrett would have been a great title match. I am currently trying to bulk up my tag team division as you might have noticed and I would love if any of you have any ideas for tag teams I could both, sign and create from my roster, to write them below.

Thoughts and predictions below.

Unfortunately I had Daniels and he was the first X Division Champion but he signed with New Japan. Daniels vs Punk was the storyline I was planning too so that screwed my plans up a little. Also Elix has a written contract with AJPW but he's on my shortlist

Unfortunately I had Daniels and he was the first X Division Champion but he signed with New Japan. Daniels vs Punk was the storyline I was planning too so that screwed my plans up a little. Also Elix has a written contract with AJPW but he's on my shortlist

My bad, I forgot about that. I really did, trust me. First post that was, now I'm almost not embarassed :)

How about Briscoes? 2002 was their first year in ROH, I think. And to stop further spamming, get America's Most Wanted.

Ah yes how could I forget Americas Most Wanted and the Briscoes. I approached both of them. So if they sign which I'm pretty sure they will, the tag division will be:

Americas Most Wanted

The Briscoes

The New Age (CM Punk and Low Ki)

Amazing Red and Chris Sabin

London and Kendrick

Mike Quackenbush and Kid Kash

And one team that I'm planning on debuting as part of a major storyline so I'm gonna keep it under wraps for now

TNA Impact Match Card - Week 3 - August:

AJ Styles vs Teddy Hart

AJ Styles vs Teddy Hart

In a match that had some good action and average heat, AJ Styles defeated Teddy Hart in 12:46 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. (Rating: 65)

Dusty Rhodes is climbs into the ring alongside of his protege, AJ Styles. AJ looks like he means business as Dusty lifts the microphone to his lips, however AJ swipes the microphone from out of his hands.

AJ Styles:

"NEW AGE!!....Get the Hell out here right now!"

The crowd erupts as AJ turns to face the entrance ramp, awaiting the arrival of the New Age, however its not quite what he's expecting. Paul Heyman appears from behind the curtain with a microphone in his hands. He begins talking as AJ tells Dusty to leave the ring.

Paul Heyman:

"Mr Styles, I would like to inform you, that as a regular member of the TNA roster, you dont get to just snap your fingers and book a fight. However, I, as the General Manager of TNA, I do have that power. You can stand in that ring and make challeneges but the fact is I dont think you have earned the opportunity to go toe to toe with Low Ki and the reigning, defending, X Division Champion, CM Punk. Although I will give you a chance to prove yourself to the New Age and to these people. Next week, you, AJ Styles will take on the tag team of Amazing Red and Chris Sabin. If you win that match, then I will consider, giving you the opportunity to face the New Age"

Heyman smirks at AJ, before walking to the back, leaving AJ visibly pissed off.(Rating: 62)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, KENTA defeated Chris Sabin and Shark Boy in 12:38 when KENTA defeated Chris Sabin by pinfall with a Busaiku Knee Kick. (Rating: 51)

KENTA is celebrating in the ring when strange music hits, as a look of confusion spreads across the face of the victorious KENTA. After a few moments a mysterious figure appears from behind the curtain stands at the top of the ramp, staring intently at the three in the ring. As he is looking, James Mitchell slowly emerges behind this man with a microphone in his hand and the duo begin walking down the ramp. They reach the ring and Mitchell lifts the microphone to his lips.

James Mitchell:

"Total Nonstop Action....please give a very warm welcome....to Judas....Mesias."

Mitchell's words are spoken with a sinister smile on his face and as he finishes, Banderas slides into the ring. Shark Boy runs at him, only to be dropped with a lariat. Sabin follows Shark Boy in attack and Banderas quickly hits the Face Bomb on him. KENTA and Banderas comes face to face in the centre of the ring and Banderas offers his hand to KENTA, which is received with a puzzled look on KENTA's face once more. KENTA glances at the hand, but brushes past Banderas, however the debutant doesnt take kindly to this and grabs swings KENTA around and nails him with a Face Bomb, landing with a sickening thud.(Rating: 52)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, The New Age defeated The Quebeccers in 18:01 when CM Punk defeated Pierre Ouelette by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. (Rating: 52)

After the match is finished, Punk and Low Ki stand tall over Ouelette, Ki nudges Punk on the arm and says something to him. Punk immediately leaves the ring and goes searching under the ring for something and comes back out with a steel chair. He slides into the ring as Low Ki holds Ouelette in position when suddenly, AJ Styles' music hits! AJ runs to the ring and the New Age make a quick exit. Punk and Ki quickly back up the ramp with Heyman, as AJ checks on Ouelette. The show comes to a close with AJ standing in the ring, inviting the New Age in to join him, however they have absolutely no intentions of doing so. (Rating: 47)

Final show rating: 54

Popularity increased in one region (South East)

TNA Live - Week 3 - August:

Chris Sabin vs Samoa Joe

Low Ki vs Shinjiro Otani

AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn

Results:

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Quackenbush & Kid Kash defeated London & Kendrick in 12:43 when Kid Kash defeated Brian Kendrick by pinfall with a Money Maker. (Rating: 63)

Chris Sabin vs Samoa Joe

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Samoa Joe defeated Chris Sabin in 13:07 by pinfall with an Island Driver. (Rating: 65)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Alex Wright defeated Brian Lawler in 13:22 by pinfall with a German Suplex. (Rating: 51)

Low Ki vs Shinjiro Otani

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Low Ki defeated Shinjiro Otani in 13:18 by pinfall with a Ki Krusher '99. (Rating: 70)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jeff Jarrett defeated Devon Storm in 18:20 by pinfall with The Stroke. (Rating: 55)

AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, AJ Styles defeated Jerry Lynn in 28:12 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. (Rating: 69)

Final Show Rating: 59

Popularity increased in one area (Tri State)

TNA Match Card - Week 4 - August:

AJ Styles vs Amazing Red/Chris Sabin

The New Age and Paul Heyman are seemingly trying to put roadblock after roadblock in AJ's way in order to stop him and take him out. Can Styles overcome the talented duo of Amazing Red and Chris Sabin or will the exciting tag team be too much for Styles

Colt Cabana vs Alex Wright vs KENTA vs Chris Hero - Winner faces CM Punk next week for the X Division Championship

Each man here has something to prove. Colt Cabana, has been on a hot streak since he arrived in TNA. Alex Wright, has put on show stealing performances against the top names in this promotion, however he has just not been able to get the job done. KENTA has also been on fire ever since his debut, however, will the attack from Judas Mesias on this wekk's episode of Impact become a factor in this match? In addition to that, Chris Hero has also been added to this match, and much like Wright, Hero has stole the show on many a night, however, he has been unable to turn those performances into victories, always getting so close before falling.

The New Age vs London & Kendrick

Who can stop the New Age? Does the new tag team of Brian Kendrick and Paul London have what it takes to clog that well oiled machine? Or will the hard hitting styles of Low Ki and the X Division Champion, CM Punk, be too much for the high fliers.

*ALSO* NWA TNA World Heavyweight Champion, Jeff Jarrett will be in attendence, sources within TNA believe that Jarrett will be there to address the New Age who have been running rampant across the company that Jarrett built with his own money. How will this play out? Tune in next week to find out!

Predictions Card:

AJ Styles vs Red/Sabin

Colt Cabana vs Alex Wright vs KENTA vs Chris Hero - Winner faces CM Punk next week for the X Division Championship

TNA Live Match Card - Week 4 - August:

Kash/Quackenbush vs The Briscoes

Goldust vs Samoa Joe

Low Ki vs Ron Killings

Jeff Jarrett vs Shinjiro Otani

Americas Most Wanted vs Amazing Red & Chris Sabin

AJ Styles vs Alex Wright

thecoolestjedi12 5/6

Predictions and thoughts below

Predictions Card:

AJ Styles vs Red/Sabin

Goldust vs Samoa Joe

Low Ki vs Ron Killings

AJ Styles vs Alex Wright

TNA Impact Match Card - Week 4 - August

AJ Styles vs Red/Sabin

AJ Styles vs Red/Sabin

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, AJ Styles defeated Culture Shock in 12:32 when AJ Styles defeated Chris Sabin by pinfall with a Styles Clash. (Rating: 54)

We cut backstage to see KENTA lacing up his boots in the locker room when all of a sudden he stops dead, staring intently at someone off camera. The camera pans round to reveal Judas Mesias standing before KENTA, emotionless. KENTA tries to speak but he is immediately dropped with a clothesline from Judas. Judas gets down on top of KENTA and begins raining down on him with lefts and rights before picking him up and throwing him head first into the wall. KENTA falls back on to the ground as James Mitchell appears from behind Judas. He puts his hand on Mesias' shoulder, signalling for him to stop, as the camera pans back to the ring. (Rating: 51)

Colt Cabana vs Alex Wright vs Chris Hero - Winner faces CM Punk next week for the X Division Championship

Unfortunately due to injury, KENTA was unable to compete in this bout and so this will now be a triple threat match. In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Colt Cabana defeated Alex Wright and Chris Hero in 12:52 when Colt Cabana defeated Chris Hero by pinfall with a Colt 45. (Rating: 48)

We return from a commercial break to see the New Age standing alongside their manager, Paul Heyman, preparing for the main event of the night. Paul Heyman however looks like he wants to say something first.

Paul Heyman:

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman, and I am the advocate to the most ruthless sons of bitches I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, the New Age of professional wrestling, Low Ki and the reigning, defending, X Division Champion, CM Punk. Now the New Age would like me to issue a public congratulations to AJ Styles on his victory this evening. And as everybody knows, Paul Heyman is a man of his word, and I believe I promised you something if you were able to defeat Chris Sabin and Amazing Red tonight. I promised you that if you won, you would get your hands on CM Punk and Low Ki and you will be pleased to know that you got it. In 4 weeks, we will crown TNA Tag Team Champions for the first time in a match that will surely put asses in seats. We will have Low Ki and the X Division Champion, CM Punk, taking on AJ Styles and partner of his choosing. Good luck finding a partner good sir, youre gonna need it."

The crowd explodes as Heyman announces the match, beginning an "AJ Styles" chant, as London and Kendrick make their entrance to kick off this match. (Rating: 66)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The New Age defeated London & Kendrick in 18:08 when CM Punk defeated Paul London by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. (Rating: 55)

As soon as the referees hand slaps the mat for the 3 count, the music of NWA TNA World Heavyweight Champion, Jeff Jarrett, blasts around the Macon Colliseum and the fans erupt once again. Jarrett steps on to the stage with the championship around his waist and wastes no time, signalling for his music to stop so he can speak.

Jeff Jarrett:

"For weeks now, the New Age has been running rampant across TNA and I think it's high time that we stop with all of this talking to come to an end. You can have your match for the Tag Team Championships in 4 weeks thats fine, but I want a piece of the New Age myself. So Paul, as the owner of the Total Nonstop Action, I have the ability to create matches myself, and so, next week, in this very same building. The main event will be Jeff Jarrett, taking on Low Ki in a steel cage match."

The fans go wild as Low Ki looks shocked, he cant believe it, and neither can Punk or Heyman. The show comes to a close with Jarrett standing on the entrance ramp with his championship in the air. (Rating: 55)

Final Show Rating: 56

Increased popularity in one region (South East)

Goldust vs Samoa Joe

Low Ki vs Ron Killings

AJ Styles vs Alex Wright

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Quackenbush & Kid Kash defeated Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe in 13:12 when Kid Kash defeated Mark Briscoe by pinfall with a Money Maker. (Rating: 60)

Goldust vs Samoa Joe

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Samoa Joe defeated Goldust in 13:14 by pinfall with an Island Driver. (Rating: 49)

Low Ki vs Ron Killings

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Low Ki defeated Ron Killings in 13:24 by pinfall with a Ki Krusher '99. (Rating: 71)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jeff Jarrett defeated Shinjiro Otani in 18:30 by pinfall with The Stroke. (Rating: 59)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, America's Most Wanted defeated Culture Shock in 13:24 when Chris Harris defeated Amazing Red by pinfall with a Death Sentence. (Rating: 48)

AJ Styles vs Alex Wright

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, AJ Styles defeated Alex Wright in 27:33 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. (Rating: 69)

Final Show Rating: 66

Increased popularity in one area (Tri State)

TNA Impact Match Card - Week 1 - September:

Colt Cabana vs CM Punk - X Division Championship

Colt Cabana and CM Punk have squared off before with Punk coming out on top that night, and this week they go to battle once more. Cabana was victorious in a triple threat number one contenders match last week earning this title shot, and it couldnt come at a better time. Punk's mind must surely be on AJ Styles at the moment, after General Manager, Paul Heyman, revealed that AJ will get his hands on the New Age in 4 weeks time.

AJ Styles vs Chris Sabin

Chris Sabin has been handed the opportunity of a lifetime this week as he goes one on one with the man who is seemingly the talk of TNA right now, AJ Styles. AJ has momentum on his side after last week he defeated both Sabin and his tag team partner, Amazing Red in a handicap match. Will AJ be able to pull a victory out of the bag again or will Sabin redeem himself this week?

Jeff Jarrett vs Low Ki - Steel Cage

2 weeks ago on TNA Impact, the New Age decimated the NWA TNA World Heavywight Champion and the owner of Total Nonstop Action, Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett made his return this week on Impact, making a match that left most fans in the arena and watching at home salivating. While Jarrett sees this as a chance at revenge, Low Ki will think otherwise. This is Low Ki's chance to break out from the pact and a victory over the unbeaten champion, Jeff Jarrett, will surely give Low Ki a rightful claim to be the number one contender for the NWA TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

*ALSO* AJ Styles will reveal his partner to take on the New Age for the TNA Tag Team Championships in 4 weeks time.

Blodyxe - 2/3 - 5/6

Predictions Card

AJ Styles vs Chris Sabin

TNA Live - Week 1 - September:

Alex Wright vs KENTA

Samoa Joe vs Teddy Hart

CM Punk vs Shark Boy

Quackenbush/Kash vs Rock n Roll Express

Brian Lawler vs Jeff Jarrett

AJ Styles vs Goldust

Thoughts and predictions below

Predictions Card

AJ Styles vs Chris Sabin

Alex Wright vs KENTA

Samoa Joe vs Teddy Hart

CM Punk vs Shark Boy

AJ Styles vs Goldust

AJ Styles vs Chris Sabin

Results:

Impact begins with the owner and World Heavyweight Champion of TNA, Jeff Jarrett standing in the middle of the ring.

Jeff Jarrett:

"I'm going to cut to the chase; Paul Heyman. Get your ass out here!"

The crowd goes nuts at Jarrett's intensity, however their cheers soon turn to jeers as Paul Heyman appears at the top of the ramp. Jarrett invites Heyman into the ring however Heyman seems more comfortable at the top of the ramp and it doesnt look as if he will be going anywhere near Jarrett tonight.

Paul Heyman:

"I think if you have anything to say to me Mr Jarrett, then you can say it right now while I'm here because I am a busy man so what is it?"

Jeff Jarrett:

"Paul, you and me go way back and I brought you in to TNA to help it grow but all it seems that you're doing, is slowly rotting it from inside. Who knows, maybe, maybe that's all you do when you get the reigns in a promotion, I mean you did it very recently with ECW."

Heyman laughs at Jarrett's attempt to tarnish his reputation and replies.

Paul Heyman:

"I'm sorry what are you talking about? You look at what I did in ECW, you look at the stars that I created; Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, the Dudleyz, to name but a few. And now I come to TNA and I get my hands on the two guys who will and already do, carry this company on their own. I mean Jeff, do you really believe that what I am doing is harmful to TNA, ort is the fact that I am bringing exposure and giving CM Punk and Low Ki the platform to show everybody just how good they are, just worrying to you because you know that they can beat you?"

Jeff Jarrett:

"Is that supposed to be a shot at me, because no I am not afraid of your little proteges because quite honestly, they arent my problem anymore. I have hired two men that will take out CM Punk and Low Ki, and destroy the "New Age of Professional Wrestling", before it even begins." (Rating: 62)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, CM Punk defeated Colt Cabana in 12:46 by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. CM Punk makes defence number 3 of his TNA X Division title. (Rating: 54)

TNA Impact returns from commercial to see James Mitchell in a darkened room with his client, Judas Mesias. Mitchell is wearing a bright red suit which appears to be the only light in the room.

James Mitchell:

"The foreign star"...."The Asian Sensation"...."The Next Big Thing"...."The future"....All of these phrases has been used to describe the man they call KENTA during his time in Total Nonstop Action. But I'm afraid that the future comes to an end very soon, because Judas Mesias will make his debut in TNA against KENTA on Impact next week." (Rating: 48)

AJ Styles vs Chris Sabin

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, AJ Styles defeated Chris Sabin in 12:49 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. (Rating: 64)

AJ begins celebrating his hard fought victory, standing atop of the turnbuckle when the music of the New Age blasts around the arena. Styles turns around to see Low Ki and CM Punk walking down the ramp, slowly clapping to fake amusement at Styles' victory. They both slide into the ring as AJ puts his hands up, ready for a fight when all of a sudden....."The Final Countdown" hits and the crowd goes wild! Bryan Danielson is back! And he is coming to the aid of AJ Styles. Punk and Low Ki quickly exit the ring as Bryan slides in. AJ walks leans out of the ropes, and calls for a microphone, getting one almost immediately. He lifts the microphone to his lips.

AJ Styles:

"CM Punk, Low Ki, TNA, meet the man that will tag with me to take on the New Age for the Tag Team Championships....Bryan Danielson!"

Punk and Low Ki are visibly worried about the pairing of Danielson and Styles which some would even go as far as to call a dream team. The show goes to a commerical and we will return with Jarrett vs Low Ki inside of the steel cage.(Rating: 49)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jeff Jarrett defeated Low Ki in 15:20 when Jeff Jarrett escaped the cage. (Rating: 51)

Final Show Rating: 55

Increased popularity in one area (South East)

Alex Wright vs KENTA

Samoa Joe vs Teddy Hart

CM Punk vs Shark Boy

AJ Styles vs Goldust

Results:

Alex Wright vs KENTA

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, KENTA defeated Alex Wright in 12:47 by pinfall with a Busaiku Knee Kick. (Rating: 59)

Samoa Joe vs Teddy Hart

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Samoa Joe defeated Teddy Hart in 12:57 by pinfall with an Island Driver. (Rating: 65)

CM Punk vs Shark Boy

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, CM Punk defeated Shark Boy in 13:30 by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. (Rating: 59)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Quackenbush & Kid Kash defeated Rock n Roll Express in 12:59 when Mike Quackenbush defeated Ricky Morton by pinfall with a Quackendriver. (Rating: 60)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Jeff Jarrett defeated Brian Lawler in 17:40 by pinfall with The Stroke. (Rating: 55)

AJ Styles vs Goldust

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, AJ Styles defeated Goldust in 18:04 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. (Rating: 62)

Final Show Rating: 61

Increased popularity in one area (Tri State)

Blodyxe - 3/3 + 5/6

TNA Impact Match Card - Week 2 - September:

Judas Mesias vs KENTA

London/Kendrick vs New Age

AJ Styles/Bryan Danielson vs Kid Kash/Mike Quackenbush

TNA Live - Week 2 - September:

Chris Hero vs Judas Mesias

Chris Sabin vs Shinjiro Otani

Americas Most Wanted vs New Age

AJ Styles/Bryan Danielson vs Rock n Roll Express

Jerry Lynn vs Samoa Joe

Jeff Jarrett vs Teddy Hart