D.O.T.T. WCW Black Saturday

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost] [b]Mr. Olympia w/The Dragon[/b] v. Triple L Zbyszko w/"Wrestler” Severn (The oaf Severn causes Larry Z to lose. Zybyszko promptly destroys the wannabe and personally tosses Severn to the unemployment line. ;) )[/QUOTE]LOL! Yeah, I figured the Kayfabists out there would question the Severn push. I actually question it myself. In my defense, The guy is statistically gifted, very cheap ($150), and has chemistry with three guys on my roster. Just too many pluses in this case. He, Roberts, Orndorff, Spoiler, and Koloff are guys that are pretty over, and are all cheap. I can run shows comfortably with them, and still make money while maintaining my current POP. I feel you though, as his presence just doesn't seem right. I can say, he won't be getting any titles anytime soon (if ever).

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[U][CENTER][SIZE=4][B]WCW: The Black Saturday Era:[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/U][QUOTE]- It appears that the merchandising dept. failed to notice several typos on the [B]Six Day War[/B] promotional posters. Many of them have been released with dates corresponding to the fourth week of February. This is a full week ahead of what is scheduled. A small fix would be to postpone our shows in the hopes of getting that sell out crowd. However, I’m not about to put a pause in this war. WCW marches on throughout the [B]THIRD[/B] week as scheduled. In other war news, [B]MSW[/B] has been relatively quiet on their front. They’ve made no further attempts to contact any of our workers, while I’ve made it clear that the day will come when [B]Dibiase,[/B] works for me! WCW has been anything but silent in those regards. Saturday will see [B]Dory Funk Jr. v. Stan Hansen[/B] in a Main event that is sure to have the Mid-South sizzling! [B]MSW[/B], not being in a position to offer a match of this caliber is a strong blow in our favor. MSW also can no longer offer a [B]JYD[/B] appearance. In fact, no promotion in the U.S. can, as JYD has made it clear that he intends to work exclusively for WCW for the time being. WCW as informed the DOG, that he is going to be leading the charge into the Mid-South region starting this Saturday. We haven’t determined in what capacity he will be involved, but he stands ready to go, and is confirmed for the Mid-South show! - Fans in the [B]Great Lakes[/B] will be happy to know that we will indeed be hitting the territory sometime within the last week of February. Tentative plans are to hold a half an hour event, showcasing [B]Ricky Steamboat and Larry Zbyszko.[/B] With Triple L and the Dragon pulling duties in [B]MACW[/B], the television exposure has made them hot commodities throughout the country. [B]Eric The Red[/B] is another name that has been tossed my way, and he just may be booked for a Great Lakes appearance some time in the near future. His fan base in the Buffalo area alone is enough to merit a trip to the Empire state. - An investigation into the whereabouts of [B]Dick Murdoch[/B] has been launched at the request of [B]Stan Hansen[/B], however, [B]The Outlaws[/B] remain tight lipped. [B]Duncum and Garvin[/B] remain the ranking contenders to the [B]WCW National Tag Team Titles[/B], but have been restricted from competing for the straps until information on Murdoch is disclosed. - As for WCW’s tag division, [B]The Fabulous Ones[/B] have had a falling out, and are no longer friends. Apparently, [B]Steve Keirn[/B] has been upset with [B]Lane’s[/B] backstage association with one, [B]Bobby Eaton[/B]. With the Fabo’s being the current unified [B]Southern Tag Team Champions[/B], this does not bode well. - [B]CWA[/B] has lost it’s television contract, and is depending on there working agreement with WCW to stay alive down in Memphis. With a possible television contract in the works that would provide coverage throughout the Southeast, WCW could be the adequate venue for a merger of sorts between the two companies. Personally, I could care less about CWA’s survival, however, [B]Jim Barnett[/B] has insisted we be prepared to assist the territory should the need arise. Could a possible headliner involving the [B]WCW heavyweight Champion[/B], and the [B]Regional Champion[/B] down in Memphis be in the stars? Only time will tell! - [B]Boris Malenko’s, Red Army[/B], has emerged in WCW and looks to make an immediate impact. [B]Nikita Koloff[/B] debuted with [B]Eric The Red[/B] early on in the [B]Six Day War[/B], where he worked through an ankle injury to put on an amazing match. - [B]The Six Day War[/B] continues as we bring heat to Savannah on Friday night. WCW is promising a Super-card once again, and I have it on good authority (mine), that this is going to be more than worth the four extra bucks we're charging at the door! [B]Junkyard Dog[/B] is going to be on hand against [B]Roddy Piper’s, Spoiler.[/B] [B]Tommy Rich[/B] goes toe to toe with [B]The Rowdy One[/B] for the [B]WCW heavyweight Title[/B] in a main event that could give insight into the insanity known as, [B]“PIPERMANIA!”[/B] - [B]Be There![/B][/QUOTE]

“Wildfire” Tommy Rich w/Buzz Sawyer v. ©[b]The Rowdy One w/The Spoiler[/b] It's actually a criminal offense for a Canadian to [i]not[/i] predict a Piper victory. Junkyard Dog v. [b]The Spoiler[/b] This one has interference by the Usual Suspects written all over it. This time, I see a referee distraction, as opposed to a DQ. Could go either ways, but it won't be clean. “Rugged Ronnie Garvin w/Bobby Duncum v. Stan “The Hammer“ Hansen I'm calling a No Contest, after the ref loses control. It's probably a foolish prediction, but The Hammer's blood is boiling too hot to actually have a [i]match[/i] Mr. Olympia w/The Dragon v. [b]Triple L Zbyszko w/"Wrestler” Severn[/b] In all honesty, I was BORN in 1982, so I have no idea who Mr. Olympia is. I know the other three (and am a big fan of Steamboat), so I'm going with the Living Legend, merely out of familiarity. Also, he's got to keep the momentum for the inevitable rematch with The Dragon. [b]Malenko‘s "Red Army"[/b] v. The Usual Suspects Personally, I see someone turning on Malenko, joining the Suspects. I have no idea who, but I think it would be a great swerve. [b]The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering[/b] v. ©The Fabulous Ones This is kind of cheating, since the team is on the rocks, but I'll take whatever hints I can get. Besides, everyone love the LOD. On a selfish note, HURRY UP WITH THE RESULTS. I'm going through withdrawl. Cheers, mate!

Greg, there is a large and loyal Piper fan base in Buffalo as well. I can actually see Canada outside of my window from across the lake lol. In many cases, rooting for the Canadians is like rooting for the home team (Raptors) lol! [QUOTE=Greg McNeish]On a selfish note, HURRY UP WITH THE RESULTS.[/QUOTE] Lol Will do! Just getting over a case of pink eye, and stayed off of the pc until the risk of contaminating the wife and the kid was gone. The show WILL be up soon! Thanks for reading, and for your predictions!

[QUOTE=the ismailite]Greg, there is a large and loyal Piper fan base in Buffalo as well. I can actually see Canada outside of my window from across the lake lol. In many cases, rooting for the Canadians is like rooting for the home team (Raptors) lol![/QUOTE] I live in Hamilton, and take trips down to see Sabres games every once in a while. 'Round here, it's impossible to get tickets to the Leafs, so we need our fix elsewhere. Besides, Toronto thinks their the centre of the universe. Hamilton & Buffalo are both blue collar towns. It's a much more natural fit.

The Six Day War. Day Five, Texas OOC: Sorry for the two word post folks! Was messing around with the new format the other night, and unintentionally posted the first half of the show instead of previewing it. [SIZE="1"]Friday week 3, February 1983[/SIZE] [CENTER][B][COLOR=Blue]Friday week 3, February 1983 Live from the Alumni Arena, Savannah, Ga. GCW Inc. Presents it’s February Super-show:[/COLOR][/B] [B][SIZE=7][FONT=Impact]The Six Day War![/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR=Blue][B]Day 5: Night of The Suspects[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER] [B]Match 1:[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Unified Southern Tag Team title match[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][U][B]The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering v. ©The Fabulous Ones:[/B][/U] The Fabulous Ones have been undefeated since coming to WCW, and they appeared more than ready to remain so. The Road Warriors had other ideas however, as they beat the hell out of The Fabo’s from the opening bell. This match was a squash in typical Road Warriors fashion, as Hawk and Animal, made Lane and Keirn, Look like the Mulkey brothers, as opposed to tag team champions. Animal, hit Lane with a flying shoulder tackle, and then booted Keirn to the ringside floor. He then positioned Lane atop his shoulders while Hawk executed a flying clothesline from atop the turnbuckle. Animal Posed over the Fallen Lane, as Hawk rolled out of the ring and took it to Keirn. Just as Animal was going for the pin, Lane managed to roll him up into a small package and hook the leg for the win. Animal watched on in shock as Stan and Steve grabbed their titles and raced out of the arena. [U][B]The Fabulous Ones b. The Road Warriors to retain The Unified Southern Tag Team titles= B[/B][/U][/QUOTE][B][COLOR="Blue"]Red Handed[/COLOR][/B] [B]Commissioner Boris Malenko[/B] comes out to the ring and cuts a promo regarding the recent actions of, [B]The Spoiler[/B]. He states that throughout the last month and a half, Spoiler has gone out of his way to violate every rule set in place by [B]World Championship Wrestling[/B]. From his disregard of WCW officials as evidenced by the many occasions where he has seen fit to put his hands on referees; to the repeated interferences in matches on behalf of [B]The Usual Suspects[/B]... [B]Malenko:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]These actions and practices will not be allowed to continue so long as The Professor is running the show! In short, it all stops [B]TONIGHT!…[/B] [COLOR="Black"][B]The Red Army[/B][/COLOR] is going to deal with [COLOR="black"][B]Bruiser Valentine, Jake Roberts, and Manny Fernandez,[/B][/COLOR] and [B][COLOR="black"]Tommy Rich[/COLOR][/B] [B]WILL[/B] regain the [B][COLOR="black"]WCW title[/COLOR][/B] against [B][COLOR="black"]Roddy Piper![/COLOR][/B] Now, I’ve already a booked a match for [B][COLOR="black"]The Spoiler[/COLOR][/B], but I feel that a match is not going to be enough to deal with this menace. After all that Spoiler has done, what makes him thinks he deserves to wrestle in my ring!?! Instead, I have decided to deal with The Spoiler Personally. With "The Red Army" having their respective hands full, and With [B][COLOR="Black"]JYD[/COLOR][/B] chomping at the bit to get at Spoiler, I‘ve given the go ahead to bend the rules in my favor. I‘ve told my big [B]BAD[/B] [B][COLOR="Black"]Junkyard Dog,[/COLOR][/B] to go out and bring me The Spoiler, and to get the job done by [B]ANY[/B] means necessary![/COLOR] At that moment, [B]JYD[/B] steps onto the entrance ramp wielding a mean mug and a handful of chains. He forcefully yanks on the chain and [B]The Spoiler[/B] is jerked into view. Spoiler stumbles to the ground as JYD drags him towards the ring by a dog collar secured around his neck. Once at the ring, Malenko, holds the ropes open and The Dog, hurls Spoiler inside.= [B]A[/B] [B]Spoiler[/B] appears completely out of it, and is unable to get his bearings. [B]JYD[/B] wraps the chain into a clenched fist and begins to pound on him while [B]Malenko[/B] watches on. [B]Malenko:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]This is what happens to those who continue to defy me… To those who refuse to play by my rules! [B][COLOR="Black"]SUSPECTS!…[/COLOR][/B] I hope you’re watching this! I sincerely do, as right now, I am about to unmask and identify The Spoiler in front of the world! I am going to end this charade once and for all![/COLOR] JYD secures Spoilers arms as Malenko begins working on the mask. [B]Malenko:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]How long did you think I was going to let you run around unchecked Spoiler? Hiding behind your mask… Taking every opportunity to make my workers and my own life miserable?… Well, your seeing what Professor Malenko is willing to resort too when placed against a wall! Right now, we’re all going to see just exactly who you are-[/COLOR] Malenko yanks the mask off of Spoiler and is shocked to find that the man laying before him is none other than his own Enforcer… [B]Eric The Red!= A[/B] [B]The Usual Suspects (Jake Roberts, Manny Fernandez, and Bruiser Valentine)[/B] have made their to the entrance and are watching on intently as Malenko has a fit in the ring. JYD looks as confused as Malenko is irate, and The Suspects seem to be soaking it all in. [B]Jake Roberts:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Surprised, Malenko!? You shouldn’t be! Name a day when a Snake hasn’t been the one with [B]“RED”[/B] hands… You been spending your time worrying about what [B][COLOR="Black"]Piper’s[/COLOR][/B] up to, and what [B][COLOR="black"]The Spoiler’s[/COLOR][/B] been doing, but it seems you forgot about the one who keeps his belly to the gound… The one who grovels in the dirt! You see Malenko, what Roddy’s done to you, I’ve done to you through your so-called enforcer. Week in and week out I leave that man in a heap, and it’s just to let you know that I aint a lackey. That I make things happen! You go ahead and let all of your other problems cloud the real issue. Go ahead and forget about the Snake, Malenko, cuz I'll be here in the dirt like always, waiting to remind you!... Eric over there, he's a reminder of exactly who I am! The scaley devil what slithered out from under a rock in Stone Mountain! Something you might wanna remember, Malenko! You want the Spoiler... I've given him the night off. What you see is what you get, even if it slithers right up to you! And, seeing as how I've made sure that this [B][COLOR="Black"]Red Army[/COLOR][/B] of yours has been taken out of the game, it looks like me and my buddies here, will also be enjoying a night off!... So, see you around![/COLOR] Malenko's words come through gritted teeth as he addresses The Suspects who had already turned to leave: [B]Malenko:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]You turn your back on [B]ME![/B] You work for me! You don't ever turn your back on Professor, Boris Malenko! Furthermore... I've had it! [B]IVE HAD IT![/B] You [B][COLOR="black"]Suspects[/COLOR][/B] don't run anything in the house of [B]MALENKO![/B] You don't give people the night off and you don't ruin matches and get away with it! Most importantly, you do not [B]EMBARRASS ME![/B] Tonight!... [B]RIGHT NOW!![/B] [B][COLOR="black"]Jake Roberts,[/COLOR][/B] you and [B][COLOR="black"]Manny fernadez[/COLOR][/B] are going to face off against two men who are dying to get their hands on you... [B][COLOR="black"]The A&B Connection![/COLOR][/B] As for you, [B][COLOR="black"]Valentine,[/COLOR][/B] I haven't forgotten about you either. You keep your tights handy as well, because there is someone in my lockerroom who has asked for you by name! I can guarantee that you won't be a happy camper when you find out who it is. In fact, from this day on, none of you [B][COLOR="black"]Suspects[/COLOR][/B] will have peace in this company until [B][COLOR="Black"]The Spoiler[/COLOR][/B] is brought to me and identified![/COLOR][B]= B+[/B] [B]Match 2[/B]: [B][COLOR="Blue"]Ole![/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B][U]A&B Connection v. The Usual Suspects (Manny/Jake):[/U][/B] All caution was thrown to the wind from the onset of this match as there is no love loss between these two teams. The guile and experience of the Suspects shone to the fore, and they eventually were able to assume command over their younger opponents. The Suspects then began to toy with A&B, in an attempt to mock the WCW commissioner. Jake finally hit Brady with a DDT and made the cover. The ref had reached a two count when Jake jerked Brady off of the mat, and then tagged Manny in. Manny came in on fire as if he had just gotten a hot tag and preceded to stomp on Brady Boone. He then sneakily rushed over and knocked Arn off of the apron with an elbow before laying Boone out with a flying cross chop. Jake was tagged in again, and he immediately hit Brady with another DDT and then began smacking him around. At this point, the crowd erupted as [B]Ole Anderson[/B] slowly made his way down the aisle. Upon seeing this, both of the Suspects bailed from the ring wanting no part of the elder Anderson. Ole, remained on the outside of the ring engaging in a stare down with Roberts and Fernandez. Arn and Brady were able to recover as the ref counted out The Usual Suspects. [B][U]A&B Connection b. The Usual Suspects via CO= B[/U][/B][/QUOTE][B][COLOR="Blue"]Dick-less[/COLOR][/B] [B]The Outlaws (Bobby Duncum/Ronnie Garvin)[/B] make their way out to the ring and patiently await [B]Stan Hansen[/B]. Hansen comes out moments later and begins screaming at the Outlaws from the entranceway: [B]Stan:[/B] [COLOR="Red"] A month and a half and no [B][COLOR="black"]Dick Murdoch![/COLOR][/B] Big wigs got me defendin the tag straps in handicapped matches, and still no Dick! You folks wanna hoot an holler ‘bout ropin hogs,… Well I showed ya how it’s done a few weeks ago at [B][COLOR="Black"]Fight or Die[/COLOR][/B] didn’t I? Been brawlin in Bunkhouses, Barrooms, an Back allies for as long as I can remember, and for less’n what you done ta me an Murdoch! High muck-a-mucks think this is gonna end with a match!? Well it aint! Every week you got me runnin solo without Dick... Like I can't look out for my own!? Well, look out, [B][COLOR="black"]Outlaws[/COLOR][/B], cuz I'm commin fer the both'a you's, an I aint fixin ta stop 'til one or all of us stops breathin the same air![/COLOR] [B]Match 3[/B] [QUOTE][B][U]Ronnie Garvin w/Bobby Duncum v. Stan “The Hammer” Hansen:[/U][/B] Hansen rushes down the aisle towards the ring as Duncum moves to intercept him. Bobby unloads with a clothesline in which Hansen manages to duck. Hansen then turns and plants a Lariat of his own on Duncum, bringing him crashing to the cement. Wasting little time, he rolls inside of the ring to be met by Garvin. The bell rings out and the match is underway. Hansen took it right to Garvin with a series of slaps and chops followed by a flurry of closed fisted blows. Grabbing Garvin, by the back of the head, Hansen flings him into the turn buckle and precedes to stomp him to the mat. He drags Ronnie out to the center of the ring, and gripping his leg, he plants an elbow to his inner thigh. Ronnie is able to fight back with a kick to the gut when Stan lifts him from the ground. Garvin then hit’s a desperation DDT. The momentum was such that Hansen was brought back to his feet from the impact. Stan, stood dazed in the ring as Garvin, recovered and issued forth with several well placed jabs. Hansen was knocked back into the corner, and Garvin seized the opportunity to hit a Hands of Stone punch. Hansen dropped like a bag of rocks. Garvin pulled Hansen to the middle of the ring and then walked over and held the top rope while stomping his foot. The crowd knew what time it was as Ronnie turned towards Hansen and began the Garvin Stomp! He started at the top left shoulder with a big stomp. The next stomp was to the left midsection, and the one to follow would land on the left shin. He then worked his way to the right side, first stomping the shin, and then moving to the midsection. He stomped on the right shoulder, before finally planting a big boot to the top of Hansens, head! Instead of going for the cover, Garvin rolled out of the ring and assisted Bobby Duncum, to his feet. Duncum moved to take Hansens, cowbell and then entered the ring alongside Garvin. They walked up to a prone, Hansen, and began to kick him around the ring. The ref called for the bell as [B]The Outlaws[/B], continued to double team, The Hammer. Duncum whacked Stan, with the cowbell for good measure and then hogtied him in the same manner as he had done to Dick Murdoch, weeks before. The Outlaws, drug Hansen over to the corner and tied the free end of the rope around the turnbuckle. They then lifted Hansen, and threw him out of the ring to dangle upside down. Garvin rolled out of the ring and smacked Hansen several times to wake him. Hansen woke up screaming frantically about his present situation. [B]Garvin:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]You want [B][COLOR="Black"]Murdoch[/COLOR][/B] back, Stan!? You’ll get him back. You’ll get him back Reeeaaallll soon, Hansen![/COLOR] The Outlaws make their exit as security comes out to free Stan Hansen. [B][U]Stan Hansen b. Ronnie Garvin via DQ= B+[/U][/B][/QUOTE][B][COLOR="blue"]The Legends Challenge[/COLOR][/B] [B]Triple L Zbyszko and Dan “The Wrestler” Severn[/B] are out at the ring. Triple L takes a mic and begins to rant about [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B]: [B]Triple L:[/B] [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Black"][B]Ricky steamboat[/B]…[/COLOR] [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B]… [B]RICKY STEAMBOAT![/B] Doesn’t anybody else work for this company aside from Ricky Steamboat? This Dragon, the so-called best wrestler in the world! I mean, every week I check out the list in the back to see who I’m working against, an it’s always the same name… Ricky Steamboat! And if it isn’t him, then it’s some other peon hanging out in his shadow. Now it’s [B][COLOR="Black"]Olympia![/COLOR][/B] I tell you, this is the reason why I developed [B][COLOR="black"]The Legends Challenge[/COLOR][/B]. So I wouldn’t have to soil my hands on rejects like Mr. Olympia. What? You think cause you and Steamboat scored a fluke win over Severn and I in a tag match that you’re ready for yours truly? A Legend!? Think again! No, Mr. Olympia, I will not be facing you tonight, or any other night because you aren’t worthy. Instead, I will be challenging someone who has more than proven that he deserves to be in this ring with me. That person is,[/COLOR] [B][COLOR="black"]Joe Light foot!= A[/COLOR][/B] [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] steps out onto the entrance ramp accompanied by [B]Mr. Olympia[/B]. The two men fold their arms and smile at Zbyszko. Larry has a perturbed look as Steamboat, slowly, claps his hands three times. [B]Triple L:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]What?... You think that win mattered, Steamboat!? It was a fluke! [B]A FLUKE![/B][/COLOR] Saying nothing, Steamboat claps his hands again. Triple L begins stomping his feet as Severn tries to calm him. [B]Triple L:[/B] [COLOR="red"]You think you can beat me? You can’t beat me because I’m better than you! I’m smarter! I’m a Legend, Steamboat! [B]OLYMPIA[/B], you hear? [B]A LEGEND![/B][/COLOR] This time both Olympia and Steamboat clap their hands in cadence causing Triple L to completely lose control. [B]Triple L:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Dammit! I don’t have to take this from the likes of you. I’m tired of being sick and tired of the two of you! Especially you, Steamboat! So, you send your little flunky down to this ring so I can make an example out of him once for all![/COLOR][B]= A[/B] [B]Match 4[/B] [QUOTE][B][U]Mr. Olympia w/The Dragon v. Triple L Zbyszko w/Dan Severn:[/U][/B] Triple L and Olympia start out by circling each other in the ring. They draw closer to each other, attempting to feel each other out. They finally lock up, and Triple L quickly wrestles Olympia to the ground. Triple L, jumps right up an releases Olympia. Olympia gets up, and they lock up a second time. This time, Olympia wrestles Zbyszko to the ground. Olympia jumps up, and allows Triple L to do the same. At this point, the two men take adjacent corners, and the match starts anew. Olympia goes right at Triple L, who asks for a timeout. Olympia relents, and Triple L goes over and has words with [B]Steamboat.[/B] Steamboat grabs the rope and attempts to climb onto the apron when the ref admonishes him. Triple L turns to be hit with a running elbow from Olympia. From there, it is all Olympia. Triple L grows frustrated as every move he tries is systemically reversed or countered. At the last, Triple L is able to drop out of the way of a running shoulder block. He grabs onto the middle ring rope and sends Olympia flying through the ropes and to the outside of the ring. Steamboat moves to assist Mr. Olympia while Triple L consorts with [B]Dan Severn[/B] on the other side of the ring. Severn hands something to Triple L as Olympia slides into the ring. Triple L turns and is knocked to the ground by a running clothesline. Dan Severn climbs up onto the apron and the ref moves to chastise him. Olympia begins arguing with Severn as well. Meanwhile, Triple L has recovered and is holding a set of keys. He grabs Olympia by the shoulders and spinning him around, he punches him on the chin with the keys. Olympia goes to sleep as the ref disqualifies Larry Zbyszko. [B][U]Mr. Olympia b. Triple L via DQ= A[/U][/B][/QUOTE][B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] rushes into the ring and tackles [B]Zbyszko[/B]. The two men are engaged in an intense brawl when, [B]Dan Severn[/B] grabs Steamboat up off of Triple L. Severn puts Steamboat into a Full Nelson submission hold and shakes him around. Triple L gets up off of the canvas and waves towards the back. [B]The Real Deal[/B] come out and make their way towards the ring while Zbyszko starts to work on Olympia. The Real Deal hit the ring and take over for Triple L so that he can tend to Steamboat. Triple L walks over and slaps Steamboat in the face and then precedes to kick him in the stomach. [B]Triple L:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Smarter than you Rick! I told you this a month ago, and I’m showing you now![/COLOR] He taps himself on the temple: [B]Triple L:[/B] [COLOR="red"]It’s all about the brains![/COLOR] Triple L continues to batter Steamboat when out of nowhere, two voices blare over the sound system: [B]Voice #1:[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]OOOOOOOOHHHHHH YYEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH[/COLOR][/B] [B]Voice #2:[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]YOU IDOLIZZZE-USSSS!!!![/COLOR][/B] Triple L and his associates stand shocked to see [B]“Macho Man” Randy Savage and Austin Idol[/B] standing at the entranceway. Idol and Savage head to the ring at pace. Once there, Savage drops [B]Brad Rheinghans[/B] to the mat with a double forearm blow, while Austin, hits [B]Thornton[/B] with a running knee lift. Triple L and Severn seize this opportunity to bail from the ring as [B]Savage Idol[/B] continues to clean house. Austin, sets Thornton up for A Big Elbow, and Savage hits Rheingans with a Flying Elbow Drop soon thereafter. It is after the finishers are administered that Triple L and Severn are able to pull The Real Deal to safety. Savage Idol, then assist Steamboat and Olympia to their feet. Together, the four men stand unified as Triple L and his [B]“Athletes”[/B] as he calls them, back away from the ring.[B]= B-[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Mouth of The South![/COLOR][/B] We join [B]Jimmy Hart[/B], on the set of [B]The Mouth South show[/B]. Jimmy, explains to the fans that his next guest is someone that he once held in high regard. Someone who was once a force to be reckoned with here in [B]WCW[/B]. Now he says, this man has been reduced to a mere shell of his former self. The man, Hart says, is [B]Buzz Sawyer[/B], and he is falling apart. Jimmy goes on to say that tonight, he intends to explore the events that have led to Buzz Sawyer’s fall from grace as well as his recent actions in regards to [B]Tommy Rich[/B]. He also says that he will get answers from Buzz about his interference in the [B]Crossroads match at Fight Or Die[/B], and his feelings about being stripped of The [B]NWA US Title[/B]. Jimmy Hart continues to set up the segment when he is abruptly interrupted by Buzz Sawyer: [B]Buzz:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Get it straight Hart!… I’m not here to talk about me and [B][COLOR="black"]Tommy Rich,[/COLOR][/B] or whatever the hell you think went on during the [B][COLOR="black"]Crossroads match.[/COLOR][/B] I aint even out here to talk to you! I’m out here for one reason, and to talk to one person… [B][COLOR="Black"]Bruiser Valentine![/COLOR][/B] I beat you 1... 2.. 3... Less than a month ago for the [B][COLOR="Black"]NWA US Title,[/COLOR][/B] and now because of a stupid technicality, I’ve got to watch you walk around with my gold. I could go down a list of things that have happened in the last two months that I’ve had to chalk up to technicalities. Technicalites… Technicalities… [B]TECHNICALITES![/B] Well it all amounts to politics to me, and I’m tired of politics! [B]VALENTINE!…[/B] Wrong place, wrong time, wrong… [B]MAN![/B] You’re the straw that has broken the camels back, ya hear? The last straw, now get out here so I can beat your @$$ again![/COLOR][B]= B[/B] [B][COLOR="blue"]MS II: Ole![/COLOR][/B] Suddenly, [B]Buzz Sawyer[/B] is hit in the back with a steel chair. He goes down as [B]Ole Anserson[/B] comes into view. [B]Ole:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]You little sonnuvab-[/COLOR] [B]WHAM!... [/B] Ole whacks him again, this time across the back of the head. He hits him in the head again before moving down to his back and repeatedly blasting him. Ole hit's Buzz at least another 12 times about the body before dropping the chair and turning his attention towards, Hart. [B]Ole:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Now that that's done, I can get to my point. Last time I was on this show, I was a #1 contender to the [B][COLOR="Black"]WCW title![/COLOR][/B] I was on my way to winning gold. Buzz Sawyer thinks he can stick his prepubescent nose in my business, then he gets the business... End of story! But the story that's just beginning... The story that's gonna see the book closed on a career, is the one I'm gonna write on somebodies @$$ tonight! [B][COLOR="black"]BRUISER VALENTINE,[/COLOR][/B] you heard Buzz out hear calling you out! Buzz is done! I'm here now, and I've got it on, [B][COLOR="black"]Commissioner Malenko's[/COLOR][/B] authority that tonight, your [B]MINE![/B][/COLOR][B]= B+[/B] [B]Match 5[/B]: [B][COLOR="blue"]The Ox is Free![/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B][U]Bruiser Valentine v. Ole Anderson:[/U][/B] Bruiser Valentine comes out to the ring wielding his [B]NWA US Title[/B], and a broad smile. Ole watches on from Jimmy Harts set, as Valentine paces in the ring. Valentine, leans forward against the ropes and looks right at Anderson in an attempt to goad him on. The tactic worked as Anderson darted down to the ring. Valentine rolled to the outside to meet Ole, and a brawl ensued. To be honest, this match never made it to the inside of the ring and had either of the two combatants heard the bell, it wouldn’t have mattered. They were intent on having a slug fest, and so it was. The bell rang to start the match, and then 10 seconds later it was ringing again. Oblivious to this, Valentine and Anderson, battled there way down the aisle. Anderson took control with a series of clubbing blows that dropped Valentine to his knees. From there, he raised Valentine up and began ramming his face into the guard rail. He then took hold of Valentines tights, and grabbing a handful of hair, rammed him into the bars. Valentine dropped again, and began to crawl to safety. Ole followed close behind, and stopped his flight with a brutal kick to the gut. The Bruiser was rolled over from the impact, and found himself laying on the set of [B]The Mouth Of The South Show[/B]. Anderson slowly walked over as Valentine managed to get to his feet. Anderson grabbed the chair that he’d used on Buzz, and smacked Valentine across the face with it. Bruiser, stood straight up before falling prone on the floor at Ole’s feet. Anderson went over to Jimmy’s desk and began filling a mug with coffee:[/QUOTE][B]Ole:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]You wanna hit me in the head with coffee mugs huh!?! Wake your @$$ up![/COLOR][QUOTE]Anderson, throws the hot coffee on Valentines chest. Valentine screams out in agony as the steaming liquid sears his flesh. Wasting little time, Anderson moves over and smashes the coffee mug against The Bruisers face. Only the handle remains in Ole’s hand. He uses this as a weapon as well, by digging it into Bruisers face until blood is drawn. Finally, he raises Valentine to his feet and re-obtains the chair. Valentine stands dazed as Ole hit’s a running knee lift using the chair for greater impact. That was it! Blood flew high into the air, and Valentine hit the pavement. Ole dropped the chair and stood over his fallen foe a moment before walking off. [B][U]Bruiser Valentine draw w/Ole Anderson via Double CO= A*[/U][/B][/QUOTE][QUOTE][CENTER][U][B][SIZE=6][FONT=Impact]*MAIN-EVENT*[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/U][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Bagged Pipe![/B][/COLOR] [B]Match 6:[/B] [B][COLOR="blue"]WCW Heavyweight Title match[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B][U]“Wildfire” Tommy Rich v. ©Roddy Piper:[/U][/B] Tommy Rich came out first for this match as is customary of a challenger to a title. He stood at the entranceway for a moment while the fans cheered him on. Many not in the know would have assumed Tommy was still the champion by the way the fans received him. They roared in approval as he slowly made his way out to the ring. The outcry from the fans was so uproarious that Tommy never noticed the cheers turn from ones of support, to those of warning… That is, until it was to late! Just as he was reaching to climb into the ring, a small black bag was smashed against his head. Tommy fell immediately to the floor at the feet of his assailant where he struggled to retain consciousness. He looked up to see Roddy Piper standing over him. Piper seized the opportunity to whack Tommy again, knocking him completely out with the contents of the bag. Dropping the bag and taking a handful of Tommy’s hair, he rolls him into the ring. Piper grabs the ref by the collar and orders him to ring the bell and start the match. A shaken up, Scrappy McGowen, does just that as Piper falls on top of Tommy and picks up a cheap win. [B][U]Roddy Piper p. Tommy Rich to retain the WCW Heavyweight Title= A*[/U][/B][/QUOTE][B][COLOR="Blue"]Not on my watch![/COLOR][/B] [B]Roddy Piper[/B] celebrates in the ring with his title as [B]Tommy Rich[/B] is carried out by medics. Suddenly, [B]Boris Malenko[/B] appears for a second time with [B]JYD[/B] in tow. [B]Malenko:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Time and time again! Roddy Piper, did you not hear not hear me earlier when I said that you and your [B][COLOR="Black"]Suspects[/COLOR][/B] will never have peace in my company!? You should have marked my words Piper, because I meant them! So much so, that I’ve determined that you will get what is coming to you sooner rather than later. If you call what just took place a title defense, then get comfortable in that ring, because you are going to be defending again against my watchdog, [B][COLOR="black"]JYD![/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][B]= A*[/B] [B]Match 7:[/B] [B][COLOR="blue"]WCW Heavyweight Title match[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B][U]Junkyard v. ©Roddy Piper:[/U][/B] Roddy Piper begins to throw a tantrum in the ring as the ref signals for the bell. JYD nonchalantly paces to the ring and attempts to enter but is met by a boot to the head from Roddy. JYD retaliates by grabbing Roddy’s foot and pulling him out of the ring. Piper decks The Dog full on, but the dog remains un-phased, returning the favor with a series of rights and lefts. Piper tries to fight back, but the onslaught from JYD is too overwhelming and he is forced to flee instead. JYD halts his progress by grabbing a hand full of Pipers hair with which he uses to bring him to the ground. By this time, official Scrappy McGowan, had reached a ten count and was calling for the bell when [B]Malenko[/B] intervened, citing that the match would continue. Continue it did as JYD rolled Piper into the ring and continued his assault. This was a different JYD than had ever been seen in the Mid-South or anywhere else for that matter. He was more vicious in his offensive than ever before… More brutal! This change in his in-ring persona could never have been more apparent than in this match as he literally beat the Hot Rod from pillar to post! The ref had to restrain JYD several times as he was openly disregarding many of the rules. Commissioner Malenko chided the ref, and then began cheering when JYD dragged Piper across the ring by his hair. Once JYD had Piper in the corner, he began banging his head into the turnbuckle. The Dog took Piper to all four of the corners, banging his head into each turnbuckle successively. At the last, Piper slumped to the mat with his face banging against the bottom turnbuckle. JYD didn’t let up for a second though, as he grabbed Piper and raised him to his feet. Once there, he hit Piper with a devastating head butt that put Piper right back on the mat. JYD followed it up with a falling Head butt square in the middle of Piper’s forehead. He then hooked Piper’s leg as the ref began the count: [B]1... 2...[/B] Kick-out! Roddy had the wherewithal to kick out of the pin attempt, and the Dog was back to work. He hit a couple of elbow drops before picking Piper up and executing an Irish whip. Piper bounced off the ropes and was hit with a shoulder tackle from the Dog’s three point stance that sent his body flying back against the ropes. Pipers momentum then carried him forward and right into a Thump power slam! JYD remained on top of Roddy as McGowan began the count yet again: [B]1... 2... 3...[/B] [B][U]JYD p. Roddy Piper for The WCW Heavyweight Title[/U][/B][/QUOTE][QUOTE]Junkyard Dog jumps up and begins to celebrate when the ref notices that Piper’s foot is under the bottom rope. McGowen, informs the dog of this and tells him that the match has to continue. JYD looks to Malenko who only confirms the ref’s statement before commencing with the beat down! Piper hadn’t even realized that the match was continuing when he was savagely booted into the mat. Satisfied with his work, JYD raised Piper up onto his shoulder and carried him over to the corner. From there, he hit a running power slam and covered Piper in the hopes of getting a pin: [B]1... 2...[/B] Again Piper was able to kick out! In frustration, JYD began to pound Piper in the face with closed fists. He ended the series with a butt to the side of Pipers head. Picking Piper up again he hit another Thump power slam. Instead of going for the cover, he picked him up once more and executed yet another finisher on The Rowdy one! This time he remained on top of him as the ref made the count: [B]1... 2...[/B] Kick-out! Completely amazed, JYD jumped up and dragged Piper over to the corner. He then climbed to the second turnbuckle, and fell forward with a head butt that busted Piper wide open. The Dog, crawled over Piper and hooked both of his legs in place. The ref dropped to the mat and began to pound as the crowd chanted along to the pace: [B]1... 2... 3...[/B] The bell sounded out and JYD jumped up in celebration as the new [B]WCW Heavyweight Champion![/B] [B][U]JYD p. Roddy Piper for The WCW Heavyweight Title[/U][/B][/QUOTE][QUOTE]Piper remains on the canvas as JYD having just retrieved the title, rolls back into the ring. He wraps the belt around his waist and takes to the turnbuckle playing to the crowd. Scrappy McGowen interrupts his moment and tells him that the time limit had expired just before the three count, and that the match would have to be declared a draw. As such, Roddy Piper is still the WCW heavyweight Champion! [B][U]Roddy Piper retains The WCW Heavyweight Title against JYD via Broadway= A*[/U][/B][/QUOTE]Upon hearing the decision, [B]JYD[/B] grabs the ref and begins shaking him about. Noticing that [B]Piper[/B] has begun to stir, he tosses, McGowan, aside and makes for the Rowdy One. JYD kicks Piper in the face just as he gets to his knees. He then straddles him and starts to pound the daylights out of him. He is only interrupted by the frantic screams of [B]Boris Malenko[/B]. JYD, looks towards the outside of the ring to see that Malenko has been cornered by, [B]The Spoiler.[/B] The Dog rushes to get at The Spoiler who turns and is hit by a running shoulder block. Spoiler staggers slightly before responding with a clothes line that drops JYD to the ground. JYD jumps up instantly and shakes it off much to Spoiler’s surprise. The Spoiler rushes forward with another clothes line, but JYD was able to duck under it and hit one of his own. Spoiler drops, and just like JYD, he pops right up. The two men begin trading blows in a wild exchange with neither man getting the better of the other. Finally, Spoiler blocks a forearm blow and is able to apply a claw hold. The Dog succumbs for a second before shaking it off in turn. Spoiler blasts JYD with forearm blow of his own, and then reapplies the claw. Again there is little to no effect, as JYD shrugs it off. The melee continued this way for a time, with neither man gaining a clear upper hand. That is, until Roddy Piper intervened! Apparently during the fisticuff between JYD and The Spoiler, Piper had not only recovered, but retrieved the black bag that he’d used against Tommy Rich earlier in the night. Spoiler and JYD continued to go at it as Piper sneakily moved behind the Dog and…. [B]WHAM![/B] A hard shot to the back of the head sent JYD reeling forward and right into Spoilers Claw finisher. JYD’s head hit the pavement, hard! There he remained, almost lifeless as Roddy Piper and The Spoiler stood on![B]= A[/B] [B]Roddy[/B] rolls back into the ring and [B]The Spoiler[/B] follows. Picking up his [B]WCW title[/B], he brings his attention to the [B]Commissioner[/B]: [B]Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]So you were looking for [B][COLOR="Black"]The Spoiler,[/COLOR][/B] huh? Henh-hu-Malenko, I hope you got what you came for, and then some! I wouldn’t have believed I’d be standing in my own blood if I wasn’t seeing it, and I gotta tell ya… I didn’t come for this! Know what else I didn’t come for, Malenko? This so-called peace you’re saying I’ll never have! I don’t [B]HAVE[/B] anything, I take! I take and I take and [B]I TAKE![/B] Henh-huh-huh! Get it!? I took the [B][COLOR="Black"]WCW Title[/COLOR][/B] from [B][COLOR="black"]Tommy Rich,[/COLOR][/B] didn’t I? And what’s more is I’m gonna take this peace your talking about, and through my Spoiler, I’m going to give it back to you… [B]IN PIECES!!![/B][/COLOR][B]= A[/B] [B]Overall:[/B] [B]A*[/B] [B]Attendance[/B]: 3,968 [B]Notes:[/B] Wasn’t expecting an A* card as I hadn’t really planned a storyline to accommodate it. This happened accidentally, and much to my surprise. I’ll take them however they come though, as long as I am making money! Another surprise was the The Fabo’s going over the Road Warriors. I can’t explain that one as I booked L.O.D. to win the straps. I probably made a mistake with the match notes and mucked it all up. Oh well, The Fabulous Ones will retain for the time being. As far as the show itself goes, I'm not impressed. The A&B/Suspects match was disappointing, and there was too much time spent on segments which IMO, hurt the quality of the matches... Oh well! On a final note, I'm going to have to re-evaluate my booking as it appears that no one can win a clean match in this company.[QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE=3]Next:[/SIZE] 1. The Legendary Dory Funk Jr. goes head to head with Stan “The Hammer” Hansen. 2. The Junkyard Dog makes his first appearance in the Mid South since jumping ship from MSW! 3. NME takes on Rock & Roll Express for the #1 contendership to The Southern States Tag Titles! The Six Day War comes to a head tomorrow night in Texas… [COLOR=Blue]...Be There![/COLOR][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

The Six Day War, Day Six, Texas [SIZE=1]Saturday, week 3, February 1983[/SIZE] [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live from the Texas Indoor Arena, TX. GCW Inc; presents...[/B][/COLOR] [FONT=Impact][SIZE=7][B]The Six Day War![/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=Blue][B]Day 6: The Mid-South Strike![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER] [B]Match 1[/B] [QUOTE][B]Lord Humongous w/Paul Ellering[/B] p. Joe Lightfoot in a squash match= [B]D[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 2[/B]: [B][COLOR="Blue"]Southern States Tag Team Titles contenders match[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B]NME w/Jim Cornette[/B] b. Rock & Roll Express when [B]Chick Donovan[/B] interferes on behalf of NME= [B]C+[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 3[/B] [QUOTE][B]JYD[/B] draw w/The Spoiler via Double DQ= [B]B+[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 4[/B] [QUOTE][B]Dory Funk Jr.[/B] b. Stan “The Hammer” Hansen via DQ= [B]A*[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Overall:[/B] [B]A[/B] [B]Attendance[/B]: 205 [B]Notes:[/B] Lost a ton of money to put on a show for 205 people. War or no, I won’t be coming back to the Mid-South any time soon! At least not until I get a television deal that provides exposure in the region. A brighter side is that I was able to learn if Dory Funk still has it. He does as evidenced by his A* showing. Time will tell if this is a good or bad thing as my main event scene is packed, and with situations looking as shaky as they are in Memphis, I’m hoping it gets bigger! Point is, I don‘t know how long Mr. Funk will remain happy in Georgia.[QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE=3]Next:[/SIZE] 1.WCW hit’s the Great Lakes, where Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat takes on Triple L Zbyszko in what is sure to be another classic confrontation. 2. Eric The Red will also be in action at the Great Lakes show against Bruiser Valentine. 3. Stan “The Hammer” Hansen and “The Rock” Ole Anderson will go head to head with “The Mad Dog” Buzz Sawyer and “Wildfire” Tommy Rich in an exciting main event! 4. Also, WCW returns to Georgia in the first week of March for a live, televised event as WCW goes back on the air! That’s right folks, WCW is once again on TV, and we will be broadcasting via TV Cable Deep South for the next two seasons. Catch WCW Aftermath, on Saturday night’s from 11:00 pm to midnight for the most exciting wrestling action in the industry! 5. WCW Aftermath! The inaugural show is coming, and you know how we do it down here in Georgia!… Can you say Super-Card?… [COLOR=Blue]...Be There![/COLOR][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Friday, week 4, February 1983[/SIZE] [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live from the Akron Armory, Akron, OH. GCW Inc; presents...[/B][/COLOR] [FONT=Impact][SIZE=7][B]The Great Lakes Classic![/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [B]Match 1[/B] [QUOTE][B]Triple L Zbyszko[/B] b. Eric The Red w/Boris Malenko via DQ when [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] interferes.= [B]A[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 2 [/B] [QUOTE][B]Stan “The Hammer” Hansen & Ole Anderson[/B] b. “Mad Dog” Buzz Sawyer & “Wildfire” Tommy Rich when Hansen illegally uses a cowbell to score a cheap pin.= [B]B+[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 3:[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Sanctioned match for the NWA United States Title[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B]©Bruiser Valentine[/B] p. “The Dragon” Ricky Steamboat when [B]Triple L Zbyszko[/B] attacks The Dragon.= [B]A[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Overall:[/B] [B]A[/B] [B]Attendance[/B]: 2,000 (Sellout) [B]Notes:[/B] I made just over six thousand dollars off of this show, raised my popularity from C- to C, and also sold out the house! I‘m happy! The matches were different than what was previously advertised, but these bookings made more sense to me. WCW will definitely be coming back to the Great lakes, and soon! In the meantime, I may plan a Southeast show for the first week of March. Whether or not that is the case, WCW Aftermath is coming up on the first Saturday of the month and I intend to be prepared![QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE=3]Next:[/SIZE] Saturday, week 1, March 1983 Broadcast via TV Cable Deep South at 11:00 PM GCW Inc. Presents… [SIZE="6"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WCW AFTERMATH![/FONT][/SIZE] [COLOR=Blue]...Be There![/COLOR][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Great to see you back in action, man. I can sleep at night again. Congrats on going back on the air. I'm a little disappointed that you chose "Aftermath" as the name, instead of "Black Saturday", but I suppose that name is reserved for a national audience. On that note, how much regional coverage does TV Cable Deep South have?

[QUOTE=Greg McNeish]Great to see you back in action, man. I can sleep at night again. Congrats on going back on the air. I'm a little disappointed that you chose "Aftermath" as the name, instead of "Black Saturday", but I suppose that name is reserved for a national audience. On that note, how much regional coverage does TV Cable Deep South have?[/QUOTE]Yeah, I struggled with the name change for awhile myself. "Aftermath" is more of a running theme than anything else. As for "Black Saturday", it's far from gone! TVCDS, is actually one of the reasons why the show had to have a name change. I was only able to get a late night timeslot totalling an hour. As you've mentioned, the coverage isn't broad enough IMO, for the show to carry the "BS" labeling. TV Cable Deep South: Size: Very small Risky/Cult Coverage: Southeast

[U][CENTER][SIZE=4][B]WCW: The Black Saturday Era:[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/U][QUOTE][B]Catch WCW live throughout the month of March as we bring our exciting brand of action to various regions throughout The Great Lakes, and the Southeast![/B] [CENTER][B]WCW Schedule for March, 1983:[/B] [B][U]Week 1:[/U][/B][LIST][*][B]Great Lakes Classic [/B] Tues. Akron Armory, Akron, Oh.[*][B]WCW Live![/B] Fri. Nashville Fairgrounds, Nashville, Tenn. [*][B]WCW Aftermath (Inaugural Super Show)![/B] Sat. TV Cable Deep South. 11-Midnight. Alumni Arena, Savannah, Ga. [*][B]WCW Live![/B] Sun. Alumni Arena, Savannah, Ga. [/LIST][B][U]Week 2:[/U][/B][LIST][*][B]Great Lakes Classic [/B] Tues. Akron Armory, Akron, Oh. [*][B]WCW Live![/B] Fri. Nashville Fairgrounds, Nashville, Tenn. [*][B]WCW Aftermath![/B] Sat. TV Cable Deep South. 11-Midnight. Alumni Arena, Savannah, Ga. [*][B]WCW Live![/B] Sun. Alumni Arena, Savannah, Ga. [/LIST][B][U]Week 3:[/U][/B][LIST][*][B]Great Lakes Classic [/B] Tues. Akron Armory, Akron, Oh. [*][B]WCW Live![/B] Fri. Nashville Fairgrounds, Nashville, Tenn. [*][B]WCW Aftermath![/B] Sat. TV Cable Deep South. 11-Midnight. Alumni Arena, Savannah, Ga. [*][B]WCW Live![/B] Sun. Alumni Arena, Savannah, Ga. [/LIST][B][U]Week 4:[/U][/B][LIST][*][B]Great Lakes Classic [/B] Tues. Akron Armory, Akron, Oh. [*][B]WCW Live![/B] Fri. Nashville Fairgrounds, Nashville, Tenn. [*][B]WCW Aftermath![/B] Sat. TV Cable Deep South. 11-Midnight. Alumni Arena, Savannah, Ga. [*][B][FONT="Georgia"]WRESTLEBOWL![/FONT][/B] Sun. TBA![/LIST][/QUOTE][COLOR=Blue][B]BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRREEEE!!!![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Alright, in the past, I've asked for some input from those of you who follow this. This helps me to decide where I want to go with certain storylines and how they are going to play out. I plan storylines out month by month, but a month in advance so that I have a clear idea of the direction I want to go. Briskout once made a sort of request of which I haven't forgotten, and will be accomodating very soon. My point is, I'm going to have to ask for some input once again. Hope yall don't mind. I need to know, whom you readers think is the toughest guy in the fed (based on what they've done in storyline). This is for a storyline that I have planned for the month of April. I've my own idea, and I may go with it in spite of the choices (I love a good swerve ya know), but I'm interested in everyone's opinion on the matter as your opinions count! I've assembled my own list after reviewing the shows, and I was surprised myself. My choice may not even be the correct one by many standards hence the reason I'm bringing this to you folks. Here is my list to include my own choice as well: 1. "The Rock" Ole Anderson 2. Junkyard Dog 3. "Mad dog" Buzz Sawyer 4. The Spoiler 5. Stan "The Hammer" Hansen 6. Bruiser Valentine Everyone who reads is encouraged to respond as your replies truly will be helpful! As always, I appreciate the fact that people have taken the time to read. Thanks!

[SIZE=1]Tuesday, week 1, March 1983[/SIZE] [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live from the Akron Armory, Akron, OH. GCW Inc; presents...[/B][/COLOR] [FONT=Impact][SIZE=7][B]The Great Lakes Classic![/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [B]Match 1[/B] [QUOTE][B]The Real Deal[/B] b. The Rock & Roll Express when Les Thornton takes advantage of Ricky Morton’s broken nose.= [B]C+[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 2[/B] [QUOTE][B]The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering[/B] b. The Outlaws when [B]Stan “The Hammer” Hansen[/B] interferes.= [B]B[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 3: [COLOR="Blue"]WCW Southern States Title Match[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B]Arn Anderson w/Brady Boone[/B] p. ©Eric The Red w/Boris Malenko in a clean upset to win the [B]WCW Southern States Title.= B[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 4: [COLOR="blue"]Legends match[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B]Dory Funk Jr.[/B] p. Gene Anderson= [B]B[/B][/QUOTE][B]Overall:[/B] [B]B[/B] [B]Attendance[/B]: 2,000 (Sellout) [B]Notes:[/B] Ok, I jumped the gun and booked beyond my means this time around. Ended up losing money in the process. I‘ll still be coming to the Great Lakes once a week, I‘ll just be booking lighter cards. An interesting note is that Roddy Piper joined us in a guest commentary position tonight. [QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE=3]Next:[/SIZE] WCW Live hits Savannah Georgia, this Friday night. Expect to see “The Wildfire” Tommy Rich v. The Spoiler in an exciting Main Event! [COLOR=Blue]...Be There![/COLOR][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Friday, week 1, March 1983[/SIZE] [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live from the Alumni Arena, Savannah, GA. GCW Inc; presents...[/B][/COLOR] [FONT=Impact][SIZE=7][B]WCW LIVE![/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [B]Match 1[/B] [QUOTE][B]The Red Army (Eric The Red/Nikita Koloff) w/Boris Malenko[/B] b. A&B Connection.= [B]B-[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Match 2[/B] [QUOTE][B]Triple L Zbyszko/Dan “The Wrestler” Severn[/B] b. Savage Idol when [B]The Real Deal[/B] show up and interfere in the match.= [B]B+[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 3: [COLOR="Blue"]Mandatory WCW National Title Rematch[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B]©Raging Bull Fernandez[/B] b. Ronnie Garvin via DQ when [B]The Outlaws[/B] destroy Manny.=[B] A[/B][/QUOTE][B]*Match 4:[/B] [QUOTE][B]The Spoiler[/B] b. Tommy Rich via DQ when Tommy and [B]JYD[/B] jointly attack The spoiler from the onset of the match.= [B]A*[/B][/QUOTE]* [B]Roddy Piper[/B] sat in as a guest commentator during the main event and was also destroyed by [B]Tommy Rich and The Junkyard Dog.[/B] [B]Overall:[/B] [B]A*[/B] [B]Attendance[/B]: 3,978 [B]Notes:[/B] This was a record breaking show for us as we raked in our highest profit to date! I'm making money, Aftermath hit's town tomorrow night, I'm SO happy! [QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE=3]Next:[/SIZE] Black Saturday?… Gone!… The Six Day War?… Over! Ole… Unleashed! Piper and the Spoiler… Victorious! Find out the ramifications of all of this and much more when GCW Inc presents… [SIZE="6"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]AFTERMATH![/FONT][/SIZE] 1. Junkyard Dog & “The Wildfire” Tommy Rich v. The Rowdy One & The Spoiler 2. Three The Hard Way! 3. [B][FONT="Georgia"]WRESTLEBOWL![/FONT][/B] [COLOR=Blue]...Be There![/COLOR][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live this Saturday night from the Alumni Arena in Savannah, Ga. and broadcast via TV Cable Deep South GCW Inc. presents it's inaugural televised Super Show...[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="7"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]AFTERMATH![/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=3] Double Main-Event[/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]Mandatory WCW National Tag Team Title Defense:[/COLOR][/U] The Outlaws v. ©Stan “The Hammer" Hansen[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]"Wildfire Tommy Rich & Junkyard Dog v. The Usual Suspects (The Spoiler & The Rowdy One)[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][COLOR=Blue][CENTER][B][SIZE=3]-PLUS-[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/COLOR] [CENTER][QUOTE][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]Grudge Match Round II:[/COLOR][/U] "The Rock" Ole Anderson v. "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER][QUOTE][CENTER][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]The Legends Challenge:[/COLOR][/U] Find out who answers Triple L Zbyszko's challenge in what is sure to be a shocker![/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][QUOTE][CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"][U]WCW/CWA Unified Southern States Tag Team Title Match:[/U][/COLOR] NME w/Jim Cornette v. ©The Fabulous Ones[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]Mandatory WCW Southern States Title Match:[/COLOR][/U] Nikita Koloff w/Professor Malenko v. ©Arn Anderson w/Brady Boone[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][QUOTE][CENTER][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]Mouth Of The South Show:[/COLOR][/U] Jimmy Hart sit's down with special guest, Commissioner Malenko, for a candid conversation on the state of WCW in the Aftermath era, The Usual Suspects, and [FONT="Georgia"]WRESTLEBOWL![/FONT] [/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRREEEE!!!![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER] Predictions, critiques, comments, card ratings encouraged!

Glad I asked for your input folks as your comments really made me re-evaluate some things. Angeldelayette, I hadn't even considered Tommy until you made mention of him. He clearly should be on my list (not for lack of story), as he just keeps on ticking. I keep thinking poor Tommy, after every show. So far it seems that the general consensus is Buzz. This is very interesting to say the least. I rated Buzz highly based off of performance, but i didn't think anyone else would really see that. In fact, I was sure that the consensus would be... well, I'll keep that hush for now. Just wanted to thank you guys for contributing with your input. Also, Aftermath is up next. Last chance to get your predictions in!

Archived