ESE: Eternal suffering or just a quick painful crash?

1) I´m looking to add old school cowardly/cheating heel to my main event group. Who will be that guy?

Fumihiro Ota

Grandmaster Phunk

Paul Steadyfast

1 Grandmaster Phunk

2 Paul Steadyfast

3 Fumihiro Ota

2) I´m looking to add a midcard face team that would hopefully be one of my tag division corner stones and likely be the top face team (at least for now). Who should that team be?

The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf)

Shark Cage (Roger Cage & Sammy The Shark)

Sweet N Sour (Kirk Jameson & Kashmir Singh)

Bradford Peverell & Mainstream Hernandez

1 The Ring Generals

2 Sweet N Sour

3 Peverell & Hernandez

4 Shark Cage

3) I´m also looking for a heel jobber team, who should be that team?

The Night Terrors (Babau & Moroi)

The Dynamite Express (Syd Collier & Cameron Jones)

Mexican Hardcore Killers (E-Z & Sanchez Villano)

Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot)

The Boys From Yukon (Howlin´ Mad Mort & Whitehorse Whittaker)

Notorious (Carlos Barrera & Miguel Rivera)

1 The Night Terrors

2 The Dynamite Express

3 Coulrophobia

4 Notorious

5 Mexican Hardcore Killers

6 The Boys From The Yukon

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) I´m looking to add old school cowardly/cheating heel to my main event group. Who will be that guy?

Fumihiro Ota

Grandmaster Phunk

Paul Steadyfast

1 Grandmaster Phunk

2 Fumihiro Ota

3 Paul Steadyfast

All three of these are good overall choices. The top two, Fumihiro Ota and Grandmaster Phunk, have a bit of an advantage overall skills wise. Ota and Phunk are really coin flip choices -- I'd give the edge to the Phunker for two reasons. 1) He's currently employed with PSW, so there is a possibility he can improve a bit while doing double duty (I think ACT and MIC aren't maxed out?) and 2) Grandmaster Phunk is two years younger than Ota, so he's less likely to be on decline.

2) I´m looking to add a midcard face team that would hopefully be one of my tag division corner stones and likely be the top face team (at least for now). Who should that team be?

1 Shark Cage (Roger Cage & Sammy The Shark)

2 Sweet N Sour (Kirk Jameson & Kashmir Singh)

3 Bradford Peverell & Mainstream Hernandez

4 The Ring Generals (Dean Waldorf & Marv Statler)

Arguments can be made for all four teams, and I went back and forth on the list overall. I think there is a bit of separation between the top two (Shark Cage & Sweet N Sour) and the bottom two (Bradford Peverell & Mainstream Hernandez & The Ring Generals). I'd give Shark Cage the nod over Sweet N Sour based on Tag Experience (Medium compared to Low). No bad choices here.

1 The Dynamite Express (Syd Collier & Cameron Jones)

2 Notorious (Carlos Barrera & Miguel Rivera)

3 Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot)

4 The Night Terrors (Babau & Moroi)

5 Mexican Hardcore Kilers (E-Z & Sanchez Villano)

6 The Boys From The Yukon (Howlin' Mad Mort & Whitehouse Whittaker)

The only one of the questions that isn't close. The Dynamite Express are the best team of the three with the most capable performer (Syd Collier) and happen to be one of the youngest teams of the six. The next three teams (Coulrophobia, The Night Terrors and Notorious) can go in any order. Notorious are younger (19 & 20) as a whole than either Coulrophobia or The Night Terrors, and Miguel Rivera has the most potential of the six wrestlers. Mexican Hardcore Killers and The Boys From The Yukon are distant last and second to last place.

Fumihiro Ota

Grandmaster Phunk

Paul Steadyfast

1 Grandmaster Phunk

2 Fumihiro Ota

3 Paul Steadyfast

1 The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf)

2 Sweet N Sour (Kirk Jameson & Kashmir Singh)

4 Shark Cage (Roger Cage & Sammy The Shark)

1 The Boys From Yukon (Howlin´ Mad Mort & Whitehorse Whittaker)

2 Mexican Hardcore Killers (E-Z & Sanchez Villano)

3 Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot)

5 Notorious (Carlos Barrera & Miguel Rivera)

6 The Dynamite Express (Syd Collier & Cameron Jones)

P.S. If you need a name for the face stable, because 3 out of 4 are coming from CZCW, I would call them The Pacific Wave.

Fumihiro Ota

Grandmaster Phunk

Paul Steadyfast

1 Grandmaster Phunk

2 Paul Steadyfast

3 Fumihiro Ota

I think Phunk would be perfect for your roster.

1 The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf)

2 Shark Cage (Roger Cage & Sammy The Shark)

4 Sweet N Sour (Kirk Jameson & Kashmir Singh)

As KYE said, there is really no wrong answer here, so I shall go with the team I like the best.

1 The Boys From Yukon (Howlin´ Mad Mort & Whitehorse Whittaker)

2 Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot)

3 Mexican Hardcore Killers (E-Z & Sanchez Villano)

5 Notorious (Carlos Barrera & Miguel Rivera)

6 The Dynamite Express (Syd Collier & Cameron Jones)

As someone who plays as MAW on a regular basis I would hate to see The Dynamite Express used as jobbers. So I have to rank them last. To me a jobber team is a team that will have no true room for improvement so that is why I went with The Boys from Yukon.

P.S. If you need a name for the face stable, because 3 out of 4 are coming from CZCW, I would call them The Pacific Wave.

I was secretly hoping that American Flash would have been the last pick for the group as I planned to call them Zoners or something similar that relates on CZCW (Pacific Wave would have worked too) but with Jett not having any ties on there I likely have a name like Daredevils or High Flyers or something else that relates on their fast phased, high flying offence style. That said, I´m certainly open for suggestions as I really suck at figuring names for teams/groups etc. :)

Grandmaster Phunk 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 12

Fumihiro Ota 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 6

Paul Steadyfast 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 6

Not much surprise on this one, Phunk was exactly the guy I had on my mind for this role and seems you all agreed on him being the best fit. Ota would have been about as skilled but wouldn´t had been a perfect fit for the role and would likely have played a bit more sneaky heel instead of cowardly one (I don´t really see him avoiding fights because he´s scared but I could see him playing mind games and avoid fights because of that) and Steadyfast, while perfect for the job in terms of character, just doesn´t have the same in-ring skills than the other two. Phunk being the pick will almost certainly mean that the fourth main event heel spot will go to someone who I could see playing the main event gatekeeper role as I´m pretty confident on Griffith, Bouncer and Phunk being my 1-2-3 heels (especially with Parker and Keith waiting on the wings).

The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf) 4 + 1 + 4 + 4 = 13

Sweet N Sour (Kirk Jameson & Kashmir Singh) 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 = 10

Shark Cage (Roger Cage & Sammy The Shark) 1 + 4 + 1 + 3 = 9

Bradford Peverell & Mainstream Hernandez 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8

There seemed to be general consensus that any of the four teams would had been just fine but Ring Generals were the ones who finally got the job getting full points from three of the four voters. I didn´t have particular preference on this one myself (I like all four teams) but I´m excited to see how Ring Generals can do in bigger company after them doing so well in my previous diary. Ring Generals being the pick here means that I have two options for last two midcard spots. I could either go with someone I think could get into main event if something happens to my current main event group since I don´t see Statler, Waldorf or Love Machine to get main event spot this time around (though that could change) or I could get someone who I wouldn´t mind to drop down if/when Hernandez and Jett are deemed popular enough to get a midcard spot. I will likely have at least one midcard gatekeeper (since I likely need a third fall guy alongside the jobber tag team) but I´m bit undecided on how the second spot should be filled. There´s also a chance that I try to sneak another tag team to face side, either main eventer + good quality midcard guy or two midcard gatekeeper guys.

Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot) 4 + 4 + 4 + 5 = 17

The Night Terrors (Babau & Moroi) 6 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 15

The Boys From Yukon (Howlin´ Mad Mort & Whitehorse Whittaker) 1 + 1 + 6 + 6 = 14

The Dynamite Express (Syd Collier & Cameron Jones) 5 + 6 + 1 + 1 = 13

Mexican Hardcore Killers (E-Z & Sanchez Villano) 2 + 2 + 5 + 4 = 13

Notorious (Carlos Barrera & Miguel Rivera) 3 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 12

This was an interesting vote for me as I wasn´t really sure who I should be picking as jobbers for cult level companies. My usual style is similar BHK1978´s as I´m mainly picking guys who I think cannot improve enough to be useful parts of the higher end of the roster but I´m not sure if that works on bigger companies since even their jobbers are generally guys who would be big stars in indy scene so perhaps I should be looking more talented guys instead of hopeless space fillers so that I could guarantee better ratings? Both ways seemed to gain some support as could be seen on points for The Dynamite Express (the most skilled of the teams) and The Boys From Yukon (the least skilled team) and that meant that it was actually a middle of the road team on Coulrophobia who got the spot (interestingly enough, another middle of the road team on Night Terrors would had been my pick but that´s simply because I liked them most out from these six and thus hoped to help them gain bigger roles on indy scene). Coulrophobia being the pick means that I´m on the similar situation than on midcard face side, mainly that I have a solid jobbers and need either guys who could rise to midcard status since I don´t see Hellect or Pierrot getting past jobber roles (again, could change in the future) or bottom of the barrel guys. Right now, I´m thinking of going one each (with possibly looking to add another tag team between the better jobber and fifth midcard guy similar to what I have going on the face side with Going Coastal)

Here´s the roster again and now we start to get in a spot where I need to start looking to fill possible holes on the line-up. I already did recap on how I think to fill the rest of the roster spots but lets do it again here so that I have every spot covered. I´m pretty happy about the current main event scene and wouldn´t mind those six being my top six so that gives me more freedom to decide who will get the last two main event spots, right now I´m thinking of getting two guys who could act as main event gatekeepers but on face side, I might actually opt to go another skilled in-ring guy depending how the last two spots on the midcard will be filled. Midcard also looks pretty good so far, on heel side I certainly have the next two up-and-coming main eventers so the main need there is to fill the cap between main eventers and jobbers (since Keith and Parker might well be main eventers soon, here´s hoping). On the face side, I have three solid guys that will likely stay on midcard and two guys on jobbers who I want to push to midcard spots so I figure I need either someone´s who I could see filling vacating main event spots or someone´s who I won´t mind pushing down once Jett/Hernandez get themselves to midcarder status (popularity wise). On jobbers, I need two bottom of the barrel type guys on face side, on heel side I have a little bit more freedom but I´m currently thinking on one guy who I could see rising to midcard status (since Pierrot & Hellect likely won´t) and one who would act as bottom of the barrel guy. However, my first need is to fill my tag division since I currently have four teams and I want at least six so choosing another two tag teams (midcard heel team to play secondary heel team role behind The Future Is Here and jobber face teams) will be the first priority.

Main event:

Donnie J

Greg Black

Kid Toma

?????

Jack Griffith

Hell´s Bouncer

Grandmaster Phunk

??????

Midcard:

Californian Love Machine

Marv Statler

Dean Waldorf

?????

?????

Matthew Keith

Steven Parker

?????

?????

?????

Jobbers:

Frankie-Boy Hernandez

Jacob Jett

?????

?????

Hellech

Pierrot

?????

?????

Teams:

Going Costal (Californian Love Machine & Frankie-Boy Hernandez)

The Future is Here (Matthew Keith & Steven Parker)

Stables:

Five Stars (Jack Griffith, Matthew Keith, Steven Parker, Hell´s Bouncer, ?????)

?????? (Donnie J, Californian Love Machine, Frankie-Boy Hernandez, Jacob Jett)

1) I´m looking a midcard heel team to fill number 2 heel team spot after The Future Is Here. Which team you would like to see on that role?

a) Philly Blondes (Ash Cambell & Nelson Callum)

b) C-V-2 (Cameron Vessey & Casey Valentine)

c) The Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez & Hector Galindo)

d) Rich And Famous (Jackpot Jordan & Jake Idol)

e) Old School Principals (Rich Sanders & The Masked Mauler)

f) The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton)

First of all, I decided to exclude any team that was on the midcard face team poll so that´s why Shark Cage, Peverell & Hernandez and Sweet N Sour aren´t on this one despite being some of the better options. I also considered but eventually decided to drop likes of Shoot Club, Death Row, The Deadly Alliance and The Nightmares for various reasons. Even with those cuts, that still left six teams with quite various skill levels on the table. C-V-2 is likely the most skilled team from this group and would likely play the arrogant youngsters/ 2nd Generation stars role. The main question I have is if they are too good to be just midcard mainstay team since they aren´t getting pushed to main event anytime soon because of being behind Parker & Keith on the pecking order? Also, the arrogant heel role wouldn´t likely be that different from Keith & Parker (unless I can figure out a different gimmick for one team) so that might be a bit of a problem as well. Philly Blondes and Latino Kings are the other two teams who I rate highest from these six, although on Latino Kings case it´s more about Rudy Velasquez being rated highly by me rather than both of them. If Latino Kings would be the pick then Jesus Chavez would almost certainly be on the poll for the last midcard heel spot. Both could also run the arrogant heel role though Latino Kings would be more likely to have some gangster/street thug type gimmick especially if Chavez gets in as well. Latino Kings could also be used on the hired thug role (after all, I do need some guy(s) who could do Phunk´s dirty work and Five Stars could occasionally use them too). On the other three teams, Rich And Famous are someone’s who I have never used or really even seen others use so they are bit of a unwritten leaf to me. They would also play the arrogant youngster/ rich kid role. Old School Principals were included because I wanted to give an option to go with veteran team instead of young and upcoming team that the first four more or less were. Principals would likely play more of a midcard gatekeeper role and could be used as hired guns by other heels. Good Ol´ Boys is another team could easily be used as hired guns and who would likely be more of a gatekeeper team than someone´s who look to climb on the ladders (though they still have time to develop). They would likely use either Hillbilly or some brute gimmick.

2) I need a face jobber team, which team should get that spot?

a) Bailey & Flynn (TJ Bailey & Chris Flynn)

b) The Atlantic Connection (Curtis Jenkins & Riley McManus)

c) The Puerto Rican Boys (Island Boy Apollo & Kid San Juan)

d) The Lost Causes (Keith Vegas & Miller Fforde)

e) The Rock City Stars (Rockin´ Ryan Turner & Stan Manna)

Much like with the heel jobber team, this is simply “pick who you would want to see (hopefully) getting a boost for the independence scene” rather than who you expect to do well in ESE (because frankly none of these teams won´t). With Jacob Jett and Frankie-Boy Hernandez already on the face jobber spots (and needing a build-up), whichever team will be picked here will be the bottom of the barrel guys as far as faces go so don´t expect them to win a single match. I will almost certainly sign any of these teams to p.p.a deal instead of written since frankly, I believe that pretty much every team on this list could use all the extra work they could get. Then again, other than Apollo and Rock City Stars, I think I never used any of these guys (and even those three were back in TEW2010) so I don´t have much actual idea of them other than what little information I can get from the scouting reports so maybe one or more of them are better than what I think? Pretty much any team here would likely play some kind of Blue Collar/Fan´s Own/Underdog etc. gimmick with the exception of The Rock City Stars that could get rock star or similar gimmick (if they actually manage to run those decently).

1) I´m looking a midcard heel team to fill number 2 heel team spot after The Future Is Here. Which team you would like to see on that role?

Philly Blondes (Ash Cambell & Nelson Callum)

C-V-2 (Cameron Vessey & Casey Valentine)

The Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez & Hector Galindo)

Rich And Famous (Jackpot Jordan & Jake Idol)

Old School Principals (Rich Sanders & The Masked Mauler)

The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton)

Bailey & Flynn (TJ Bailey & Chris Flynn)

The Atlantic Connection (Curtis Jenkins & Riley McManus)

The Puerto Rican Boys (Island Boy Apollo & Kid San Juan)

The Lost Causes (Keith Vegas & Miller Fforde)

The Rock City Stars (Rockin´ Ryan Turner & Stan Manna)

I find it funny that Coulrophobia was nobody's favorites but they made the roster because nobody disliked them either.

1 Rich and Famous

2 Old School Principals

3 C-V-2

4 Philly Blondes

5 The Latino Kings

6 The Good Ol' Boys

Too bad Jesus Chavez wasn't the regular partner of Rudy. I am not a fan of Hector at all. I always view Rudy and Jesus as my version of LAX whenever I book them in any of my games. These are all extremely good options (Well the Good Ol' Boys suck but other than that they are all great teams).

1 The Atlantic Connection

2 The Rock City Stars

3 Bailey & Flynn

4 The Puerto Rican Boys

5 The Lost Causes

I am always conflicted about The Lost Causes because Keith Vegas sucks but Miller Fforde usually turns out to be good for me.

1 The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton)

2 Old School Principals (Rich Sanders & The Masked Mauler)

3 Rich And Famous (Jackpot Jordan & Jake Idol)

4 The Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez & Hector Galindo)

5 Philly Blondes (Ash Cambell & Nelson Callum)

6 C-V-2 (Cameron Vessey & Casey Valentine)

1 The Lost Causes (Keith Vegas & Miller Fforde)

2 The Atlantic Connection (Curtis Jenkins & Riley McManus)

3 Bailey & Flynn (TJ Bailey & Chris Flynn)

4 The Puerto Rican Boys (Island Boy Apollo & Kid San Juan)

5 The Rock City Stars (Rockin´ Ryan Turner & Stan Manna)

1 The Latino Kings (Rudy Velaquez & Hector Galindo)

2 Philly Blondes (Ash Campbell & Nelson Callum)

3 C-V-2 (Cameron Vessey & Casey Valentine)

4 Rich and Famous (Jackpot Jordan & Jake Idol)

5 Old School Principals (Rich Sanders & The Masked Mauler)

6 The Good Ol' Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton)

1) I don't think this will be a jobber team, at least long term and 2) I think that a) connections and b) ability to play both heel and face play a major role here. Given the criteria, the "best worker" of the bunch is Rudy Velaquez, and at 28, he still has room to improve, plus the team starts with A* Chemistry. Rudy is the only one you want to push (Galindo is terrible) so Hector can take the falls for the team and Rudy starts as a B face, so you can turn him (Chavez has comparable face performance). To top it off, The Kings have a natural connection with Bouncer and Griffith as part of the final incarnation of DaVE, so they are (in my mind) the run-away choice, if not the obvious one, for the role. The Philly Blondes both perform at B- as a face, but their tag experience isn't great (low). They're fairly even with C-V-2, both are a bit younger but a touch less skilled -- I give them the nod at #2 as DWN is best friends with Callum, and you have a similar connection. C-V-2 is, in a lot of ways, similar to The Blondes, but Casey Valentine can't turn, and this keeps you from boosting his momentum. The rest of the field (skill-wise) can't stack up -- Idol is great in a hardcore fed (guy I always hire) but he doesn't have the potential of a Cameron Vessey or a Ash Campbell or the skills of Rudy Velaquez. Jackpot Jordan is a weak link anywhere, and is roster filler at best. Sanders & Mauler aren't really good enough to justify their age, and The Good Ol' Boys... well, they are just bad.

1 The Atlantic Connection (Curtis Jenkins & Riley McManus)

2 The Rock City Stars (Rockin´ Ryan Turner & Stan Manna)

3 The Lost Causes (Keith Vegas & Miller Fforde)

4 The Puerto Rican Boys (Island Boy Apollo & Kid San Juan)

5 Bailey & Flynn (TJ Bailey & Chris Flynn)

A similar situation to the first choice: one team created for this very opening and four teams gutting it out for second place, except the Atlantic Connection are "the perfect" jobber team (Barry Hardy/Duane Gil as the Executioners in WWF) with solid basics and good psychology to pass on. It's difficult to judge on the criteria who to pick next -- I think Bailey & Flynn are the clear #5 with no US overness and medicore skill sets, and The Puerto Rican Boys are #4 as they have limited skillets and they have room for improvement. Rock City Stars are probably the second best overall unit, and they would be easy to write in that role, so they get the nod at #2.

1 Latino Kings

2 Rich and Famous

3 good ol' boys

4 old school principals

5 blondes

6 cv2

always been a fan of Rudy, hector is at least worth the backstage boost. als knd f just wanna see more of rich and famous.

1 The Rock City Stars

2 Bailey & Flynn

3 The Lost Causes

4 The Puerto Rican Boys

5 The Atlantic Connection

the stars are good jobbers with potential to rise (not that i'm expecting it)

1 C-V-2

2 Philly Blondes

3 Rich And Famous

4 The Latino Kings

5 Old School Principals

6 The Good Ol' Boys

1 The Rock City Stars

2 The Atlantic Connection

3 Bailey & Flynn

4 The Puerto Rican Boys

5 The Lost Causes

1 Philly Blondes

2 The Latino Kings

3 The Good Ol´ Boys

4 C-V-2

5 Old School Principals

6 Rich And Famous

1 The Rock City Stars

2 The Puerto Rican Boys

3 Bailey & Flynn

4 The Atlantic Connection

5 The Lost Causes

I find it funny that Coulrophobia was nobody's favorites but they made the roster because nobody disliked them either.

I found it funny too and I´m really glad that I did change the voting method after the first round as it´s much more exiting (well, to me at least) this way and gives more chances to some less likely guys getting the spots just because no-one doesn´t dislike them.

Here is the results of this round:

The Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez & Hector Galindo) 2 + 3 + 6 + 6 + 3 + 5 = 25

Rich And Famous (Jackpot Jordan & Jake Idol) 6 + 4 + 3 + 5 + 4 + 1 = 23

Philly Blondes (Ash Cambell & Nelson Callum) 3 + 2 + 5 + 2 + 5 + 6 = 23

Old School Principals (Rich Sanders & The Masked Mauler) 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 19

C-V-2 (Cameron Vessey & Casey Valentine) 4 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 6 + 3 = 19

The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton) 1 + 6 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 4 = 17

This was an interesting poll to follow and at different times it looked like Principals, Rich and Famous or Latino Kings could take this one. At the end, Latino Kings were the pick but it was a close call between them, Philly Blondes and Rich and Famous. I was expecting that Old School Principals or The Good Ol´ Boys would be near the bottom of this poll (and thus was a bit surprised of how well Principals did at first) so I wasn´t surprised of them being not being picked but I have to admit that I was bit surprised to see C-V-2 doing so poorly compared to other three top teams. The result means that you can expect to see Jesus Chavez as one of the possible choices for last midcard spot. Other than that, adding Velasquez to roster means that I have another midcard heel that I wouldn´t mind pushing into main event on the future so that means that the last midcard spot is bit more likely to go for a “lesser” talent (perhaps a veteran guy since I don´t have those on my midcard yet) since I think I could use midcard fall guy for my heel side (Galindo could play that part too but I need to keep him semi-strong as long as Latino Kings are going to be one of my top four teams).

The Rock City Stars (Rockin´ Ryan Turner & Stan Manna) 4 + 1 + 4 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 24

The Atlantic Connection (Curtis Jenkins & Riley McManus) 5 + 4 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 2 = 21

Bailey & Flynn (TJ Bailey & Chris Flynn) 3 + 3 + 1 + 4 + 3 + 3 = 17

The Lost Causes (Keith Vegas & Miller Fforde) 1 + 5 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 14

The Puerto Rican Boys (Island Boy Apollo & Kid San Juan) 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 14

This was another close one although it did become clear rather early that it´s mainly going to be between Rock City Stars and The Atlantic Connection as both teams were quite regularly on top 2 picks. Rock City Stars won out in the end and so they became the face jobber team.

Here is the roster once again now that the latest picks have been added to it. I also finally managed to figure a (bad) name for Donnie´s group. I´m still not completely happy with it but will likely roll with it unless I get better idea between now and when the roster is completed:

Main event:

Donnie J

Greg Black

Kid Toma

?????

Jack Griffith

Hell´s Bouncer

Grandmaster Phunk

??????

Midcard:

Californian Love Machine

Marv Statler

Dean Waldorf

?????

?????

Matthew Keith

Steven Parker

Rudy Velasquez

Hector Galindo

?????

Jobbers:

Frankie-Boy Hernandez

Jacob Jett

Rockin´ Ryan Turner

Stan Manna

Hellech

Pierrot

?????

?????

Teams:

Going Coastal (Californian Love Machine & Frankie-Boy Hernandez)

Stables:

Flying Daredevils (Donnie J, Californian Love Machine, Frankie-Boy Hernandez, Jacob Jett)

1) I need a heel jobber with F- popularity to take the falls against the likes of Jacob Jett and Frankie-Boy Hernandez, who should that guy be?

a) Bradley Blaze

b) Cip Conduit

c) Mercutio Sleep

d) Outlaw Wes Revell

e) Quentin Queen

f) Sterling Whitlock

Right, this is another one of those were I´m just looking for warm body to take the losses so skills were secondary consideration as I don´t expect good performances from anyone on this poll. My main goal was simply to have young unemployed American (I wanted them to be Americans simply because then they could also benefit from any popularity gains better) who are still quite raw and who could thus gain skills (and again, hopefully a bit of popularity) and experience while doing jobs for anyone on the roster thus hopefully benefitting both me and the guy on question. Most likely anyone chosen here will be out at the end of the year (I´m planning to give a year p.p.a deal here) so don´t expect any long time commitment from me on this one. As for the guys, other than the reasoning´s I gave before, I also tried to choose guys that I haven´t used before in order to get some new experience (and bit extra benefit to get known one of them bit better in order to better determinate their usefulness in future) so other than Revell (who´s alt I kind of like and thus had to include him here), I haven´t actually used any of these guys before.

2) I want the last main event heel spot to go to a less often used guy, who will likely work as a main event gatekeeper. Who will be the guy for that role?

a) Billy Russell

b) Henry Lee

c) Man Mountain Cahill

d) Randall Hopkirk

With this choice, I mainly looking for veteran guy to hold the last main event spot for a little while before the likes of Parker and Keith get their popularity up to main event level so whoever is hired here is likely going to be released or dropped to midcard after that happens. I´m also looking someone who could possibly do the dirty work for Phunk/Five Stars. On the four guys Cahill and Hopkirk have higher popularity and either guy would in fact be my most over heel from the start and thus they would likely have bit of a bigger role at the start and more popularity to bleed for my other guys. On the flip side, they have that big league history so there´s little chance for them to co-operate with The Five Stars and it is really a good thing to have a guy I plan to use on the support role as my most over heel? I view Hopkirk as more useful of the two but he´s also older, meaning that Cahill has bit more chance on staying longer and could still be useful because of his higher menace. Russell and Lee have bit less popularity meaning that they likely would have a bit lesser role although it´s still likely that either one would feud with at least one main event face at some point. Russell is the youngest of the four and I could see him staying for longer period of time even if he´s likely relegated to midcard role after the first year or so. Lee, much like Hopkirk, is more likely to be short term signing, partly because he´s age and partly because I think his skill set is bit limited even compering the other three guys here but I figure I could still get enough use from him to make him valuable member of the roster on short term contract (I´m thinking one year contract here). As for possibly gimmicks, Cahill and Hopkirk would likely use some kind of brute gimmick, Russell could use either MMA or bad ass gimmick, while Lee would use somekind of hardcore/psycho gimmick.

3) Who should get the last main event face spot?

a) Fox Mask

b) Remmy Skye

c) Masked Cougar

d) Steve Flash

e) Johnny Martin

f) Ford Gumble

I basically have two different options for the last main event face spot and who gets chosen here affects the last two midcard face spots (well, one spot since the second spot is likely going to be midcard gatekeeper guy as I need another fall guys because of Jett and Hernandez should stay semi-strong and hopefully claim midcard spots during the first year). The first option is to go with another guy who I feel I can trust in terms of in-ring ratings (Fox Mask, Remmy Skye and Masked Cougar would fit to this category). In this case, the last two midcard face spots would be more likely to go to guys who I would view as midcard gatekeepers (perhaps a tag team if I found suitable guys for that role) as I feel that Donnie, Black and Toma combined with Mask/Skye/Cougar would give me strong (and young) enough main event scene that I don´t necessarily need to have talented midcard guy ready to jump into main event scene right away. In other words, I wouldn´t have anyone on my midcard face side who I immediately look to push into main event picture. The second option is to have someone who is bit older and/or less skilled (Steve Flash, Johnny Martin and Ford Gumble goes to this gatecory) to work as a tag team with one of the midcard guys. Whoever the possible tag partner could be depends a bit of who is chosen here so I´m not going to give examples but I would likely look to add someone who I could see jumping into main event scene or failing that, at least a guy who could be solid midcard guy.

1) I need a heel jobber with F- popularity to take the falls against the likes of Jacob Jett and Frankie-Boy Hernandez, who should that guy be?

a) Bradley Blaze

b) Cip Conduit

c) Mercutio Sleep

d) Outlaw Wes Revell

e) Quentin Queen

f) Sterling Whitlock

2) I want the last main event heel spot to go to a less often used guy, who will likely work as a main event gatekeeper. Who will be the guy for that role?

a) Billy Russell

b) Henry Lee

c) Man Mountain Cahill

d) Randall Hopkirk

a) Fox Mask

b) Remmy Skye

c) Masked Cougar

d) Steve Flash

e) Johnny Martin

f) Ford Gumble

a) Bradley Blaze

b) Cip Conduit

c) Mercutio Sleep

d) Outlaw Wes Revell

e) Quentin Queen

f) Sterling Whitlock

1 Bradley Blaze

2 Sterling Whitlock

3 Mercutio Sleep

4 Cip Conduit

5 Quentin Queen

6 Outlaw Wes Revell

No bad choices here, both due to A) the relative lack of importance of the spot and B) the equal nature of the competitors. The important thing to remember for this spot is that Zergon hopes to "determinate their use for the future" and it is only a one-year deal, so it isn't a typical jobber slot. Bradley Blaze gets my nod for two reasons: 1) he has the best in-ring skills and 2) he has a heavily gimmicked character, making him fun to write. Whitlock has the most potential, and the most varied skill set, but he is very raw -- again, going by the description given by Zergon, Sterling is a clear second. Sleep is a third, a bit older and a touch less skilled, and without the star quality of the aforementioned two. The last three can go in any order -- I edged it to Quentin Queen, who is more well rounded, over more developed Cip Conduit. Outlaw Wes Revell is a close sixth, a touch behind both Condiut and Queen.

a) Billy Russell

b) Henry Lee

c) Man Mountain Cahill

d) Randall Hopkirk

1 Billy Russell

2 Randall Hopkirk

3 Man Mountain Cahill

4 Henry Lee

From a gameplay perspective, Billy Russell is the best choice by far. Russell is the youngest by three years, has a superior skill set and can pass along stats the best. The next three are distant and little separates them. Hopkirk is the oldest, but he has good psychology, and good entertainment skills. Cahill is the youngest of the remaining three (at 42), he has decent brawling and menace, but brings little else he can teach to the youngsters. Henry Lee has few attributes that make him a candidate for this spot -- he's past his prime, has choice few top-row skills, but he does bring passable entertainment skills to the table.

a) Fox Mask

b) Remmy Skye

c) Masked Cougar

d) Steve Flash

e) Johnny Martin

f) Ford Gumble

1 Fox Mask

2 Remmy Skye

3 Steve Flash

4 Johnny Martin

5 Masked Cougar

6 Ford Gumble

There aren't too many bad choices for this one -- the majority of the candidates are great in-ring workers who can pass along their skills to the rest of the roster. I'm edging this one to Fox Mask for a couple reasons -- of the younger three (Cougar/Skye/Fox) he has the most well-rounded skill set, and he is still young enough to hold down a spot for a long time. Remmy Skye takes the second spot -- his potential is far and away too good to put him behind a gatekeeper, though Steve Flash is the best gatekeeper around. Flash is the obvious third, as he still has the gas tank to be in the main event at ~47 and has a diverse and well-rounded skill set. As a main eventer, his lack of entertainment skills led to him being slotted below Remmy, as Entertainment is key to keep from getting storyline penalties. Johnny Martin is a touch or two below Flash, he is a bit one-dimensional but can cut a decent promo. Masked Cougar and Ford Gumble can't quite cut it compared to the other candidates.

a) Bradley Blaze

b) Cip Conduit

c) Mercutio Sleep

d) Outlaw Wes Revell

e) Quentin Queen

f) Sterling Whitlock

1 Mercutio Sleep

2 Cip Conduit

3 Sterling Whitlock

4 Bradley Blaze

5 Quentin Queen

6 Outlaw Wes Revell

Had to go with Mercutio Sleep as the top pick simply because I do not think I have ever run across him in any diary before and he and Cip are two guys I sign on to be jobbers all of the time in my personal games.

a) Billy Russell

b) Henry Lee

c) Man Mountain Cahill

d) Randall Hopkirk

1 Billy Russell

2 Man Mountain Chaill

3 Henry Lee

4 Randall Hopkirk

I have to go with KYE here. I went with Billy Russell because you probably want a guy who will stick around. Henry and Randall are probably going to be retired within the year. Though I will say this I am not a fan of Billy Russell either in TEW or WMMA. I hate him in WMMA (Yes I am allowed to hate a fictional character...:o) as he is often spotty in any save.

a) Fox Mask

b) Remmy Skye

c) Masked Cougar

d) Steve Flash

e) Johnny Martin

f) Ford Gumble

1 Remmy Skye

2 Fox Mask

3 Masked Cougar

4 Johnny Martin

5 Steve Flash

6 Ford Gumble

I think Jeff Hardy...uh...I mean Remmy Skye should get this spot.

a) Bradley Blaze

b) Cip Conduit

c) Mercutio Sleep

d) Outlaw Wes Revell

e) Quentin Queen

f) Sterling Whitlock

1 Bradley Blaze

2 Quentin Queen

3 Cip Conduit

4 Sterling Whitlock

5 Mercutio Sleep

6 Outlaw Wes Revell

a) Billy Russell

b) Henry Lee

c) Man Mountain Cahill

d) Randall Hopkirk

1 Billy Russell

2 Henry Lee

3 Randall Hopkirk

4 Man Mountain Cahill

a) Fox Mask

b) Remmy Skye

c) Masked Cougar

d) Steve Flash

e) Johnny Martin

f) Ford Gumble

1 Remmy Skye

2 Masked Cougar

3 Fox Mask

4 Steve Flash

5 Johnny Martin

6 Ford Gumble

a) Bradley Blaze

b) Cip Conduit

c) Mercutio Sleep

d) Outlaw Wes Revell

e) Quentin Queen

f) Sterling Whitlock

1 Sterling Whitlock

2 Quentin Queen

3 Bradley Blaze

4 Cip Conduit

5 Outlaw Wes Revell

6 Mercutio Sheep

a) Billy Russell

b) Henry Lee

c) Man Mountain Cahill

d) Randall Hopkirk

1 Billy Russell

2 Man Mountain Cahill

3 Henry Lee

4 Randall Hopkirk

a) Fox Mask

b) Remmy Skye

c) Masked Cougar

d) Steve Flash

e) Johnny Martin

f) Ford Gumble

1 Remmy Skye

2 Masked Cougar

3 Fox Mask

4 Steve Flash

5 Johnny Martin

6 Ford Gumble

a) Bradley Blaze

b) Cip Conduit

c) Mercutio Sleep

d) Outlaw Wes Revell

e) Quentin Queen

f) Sterling Whitlock

1 Mercutio Sleep

2 Cip Conduit

3 Bradley Blaze

4 Quentin Queen

5 Outlaw Wes Rewell

6 Sterling Whitlock

a) Billy Russell

b) Henry Lee

c) Man Mountain Cahill

d) Randall Hopkirk

1 Henry Lee

2 Randall Hopkirk

3 Man Mountain Cahill

4 Billy Russell

a) Fox Mask

b) Remmy Skye

c) Masked Cougar

d) Steve Flash

e) Johnny Martin

f) Ford Gumble

1 Ford Gumble

2 Remmy Skye

3 Masked Cougar

4 Steve Flash

5 Johnny Martin

6 Fox Mask

a) Bradley Blaze

b) Cip Conduit

c) Mercutio Sleep

d) Outlaw Wes Revell

e) Quentin Queen

f) Sterling Whitlock

1 Bradley Blaze

2 Mercutio Sleep

3 Outlaw Wes Revell

4 Cip Conduit

5 Quentin Queen

6 Sterling Whitlock

a) Billy Russell

b) Henry Lee

c) Man Mountain Cahill

d) Randall Hopkirk

1 Henry Lee

2 Randall Hopkirk

3 Man Mountain Cahill

4 Billy Russell

a) Fox Mask

b) Remmy Skye

c) Masked Cougar

d) Steve Flash

e) Johnny Martin

f) Ford Gumble

1 Fox Mask

2 Steve Flash

3 Masked Cougar

4 Remmy Skye

5 Ford Gumble

6 Johnny Martin

Bradley Blaze 6 + 3 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 6 = 29

Mercutio Sleep 4 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 6 + 5 = 24

Cip Conduit 3 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 5 + 3 = 23

Sterling Whitlock 5 + 4 + 3 + 6 + 1 + 1 = 20

Quentin Queen 2 + 2 + 5 + 5 + 3 + 2 = 19

Outlaw Wes Revell 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 11

Blaze did win by quite a big margin in the end, never being worse than 4th and being first pick in three cases while poor Revell didn´t get much love and was left last by quite a big margin as well.

Billy Russell 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 18

Henry Lee 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 16

Man Mountain Cahill 2 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 13

Randall Hopkirk 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 13

Russell seemed to be going for an easy win at the start but bit to my surprise, Henry Lee did rise at the end to challenge for this spot. Russell still got the win though and to be honest, I kind of expected that based on how the previous polls had gone and I have to admit that he did have the most potential and thus was the most fitting choice in terms of usefulness. Lee being second did surprise me a bit as other than he´s easy to write character, I felt that he didn´t have much upside even compered to someone´s like Cahill and Hopkirk. Then again that could have been part of the reason why he did well, after all, guy chosen here isn´t meant to be a long time roster member (though Russell still could) but rather a short term fit to main event while I build up other guys to fill that spot. .

Remmy Skye 5 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 5 + 3 = 31

Fox Mask 6 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 6 = 26

Masked Cougar 2 + 4 + 5 + 5 + 4 + 4 = 24

Steve Flash 4 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 5 = 20

Johnny Martin 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 13

Ford Gumble 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 2 = 12

Pretty much everyone voting here did go with talented in-ring guy over less skilled gatekeeper guy (though calling Flash less skilled feels bit wrong so maybe past his prime would fit better for him). Martin and Gumble being the last two didn´t particularly surprise me as you have mostly gone with talented in-ring guys over less skilled ones when given chance. Skye getting as big win as he did, do surprise me a little bit, I expected him to be one of the top guys but didn´t personally see much difference between him, Mask and Cougar. I was bit surprised that Flash ended up behind all three of the high flyers as I thought he could actually be the pick here (or at least beat one of the three CZCW guys) for the same reason that Coulrophobia was, namely the fact that he wasn´t all that likely to be the last or second last guy on anyone´s list and while that was mainly true, Skye, Mask and Cougar were generally on the top four picks as well and usually higher than Flash, thus leaving him to 4th. Anyway, this pick means that I´m looking to add a midcard gatekeeper/jobber team as the last two face picks.

Main event:

Donnie J

Greg Black

Kid Toma

Remmy Skye

Jack Griffith

Hell´s Bouncer

Grandmaster Phunk

Billy Russell

Midcard:

Californian Love Machine

Marv Statler

Dean Waldorf

?????

?????

Matthew Keith

Steven Parker

Rudy Velasquez

Hector Galindo

?????

Jobbers:

Frankie-Boy Hernandez

Jacob Jett

Rockin´ Ryan Turner

Stan Manna

Hellech

Pierrot

Bradley Blaze

?????

Teams:

Going Coastal (Californian Love Machine & Frankie-Boy Hernandez)

Stables:

Flying Daredevils (Donnie J, Californian Love Machine, Frankie-Boy Hernandez, Jacob Jett)

1) I´d like to add a tag team to be the midcard gatekeepers on the face side. Who could that tag team be?

a) The Hillbillys (Al The Hillbilly & Pete The Hillbilly)

b) Wiley Coyote (Wiley Steinway & Coyote Dynamite)

c) The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton)

Ok, so I´m first to admit that this is pretty horrible group to choose from but I specifically wanted veteran guys who I know I don´t want to push and these guys certainly fit that bill, plus the picks were bit slim considering the restrictions I put into myself on this one so these were the “best” (and only!) options I found. Now granted, their potential upside is pretty low too but I don´t see that as big problem as they aren´t here to get ratings, they are here to act as midcard gatekeepers/jobbers and to give wins to bigger stars. Making these pick, I did consider other teams like Insanity Inc., Rick and Famous and Flash Sparrow but decided at the end that they were still a bit too skilled for what I had on mind here (bet you haven´t heard that reasoning too often :p). Other teams like Old School Principals and The Deadly Alliance were cut because one member of the team had bad face ratings. I also did regret a bit of setting a goal to sign only regional level popularity guys as my midcarders since that did cut possible options like Reckless Antix and Maryland Alliance from the list (since one half of those teams had unknown level of popularity). Now I know, I could have just ditch that rule and no one would have cared but I decided to stick with anyway as one good thing about this choice will be that you are very unlikely to see any of these guys in any other diary (for a pretty obvious reasons). Anyway, enough about what could had been and more about what I actually present to you. Of these three teams, Both Hillbillys and Wiley Coyote are veteran teams with not much gas left in the tank. That´s ok though, I did hope to add some veteran presence to my midcard and these two teams certainly would do just that. They would be signed to a year contract (because I frankly don´t expect them to stay active even that long) and would almost certainly be out after that even if they somehow wouldn´t be retired just yet. Good Ol´ Boys are obviously the ones with biggest upside thanks to their age and they might stay a bit longer (still the plan would be to keep them only for a year) in case I grow attached to them (as I often do with guys I hire). Don´t expect them to get any higher on the ladders though, as they would be brought in as midcard jobbers and would be more likely to slide to complete jobber role rather than getting any higher themselves.

2) Who should get the last midcard heel spot?

a) Air Attack Weasel

c) Dead Bolt

d) Hard-1

e) Jesus Chavez

f) Primal Rage

With this last midcard heel pick, I wanted to add heel gatekeeper/jobber for my midcard so much like on the face side, I didn´t really consider skills (other than avoiding to put anyone too skilled on the poll) when making these picks. I also wanted to add yet another guy who I could see working for others in case I have need for someone like Phunk to throw a hired henchman into someone´s way. As from these five, Chavez is obviously going to play the role of the enforcer with the Latino Kings (who I could well see running errands to Phunk as long as he pays for them) while Dead Bold and Primal Rage would both play the midcard monster heel/brute role. Hard-1 would likely run some kind of bad ass/gangsta/Street Thug gimmick while Air Attack Weasel was added to the poll mainly as a possible opponent for one of the Flying Daredevils and he would likely be a bit more cunning character (old school heel perhaps?) than the others who would use brute strength rather than any kind of cunning plans. Much like on the face side, whoever gets signed doesn´t have much of a shot to progress any further than were they start.

3) For the last heel jobber spot, I´m looking someone who could rise onto midcard status if needed (or even above in the very distant future). Who should that guy be?

a) Acid II

b) Cali Slick

c) El Diablo

d) Kip Keenan

e) Raphael

I originally had guys like DWN, Youngman and Glenn on this poll, but while they would certainly been great signings, I like to avoid having too many of these really talented youngsters and I already have Matt Keith, Steven Parker and Jacob Jett who I consider fitting into that group so I decided that I don´t need to add yet another guy like them into roster. I have nothing against any of them mind you, just that I feel that they are a bit too obvious signings and future stars and are thus seen in diaries quite often. Well OK, Jett I haven´t seen that often so maybe he´s closer to the guys I have on this poll but still, I hope you get my point. Anyway, while I don´t consider these five as “surefire” main eventers, they are all guys who I think have lots of potential (again, I have the fog of war on so it´s bit of a guessing game here) and should certainly be able to reach at least a midcard status before too long. From these five, Raphael was the one I hesitated to include the most, simply because I would like to bring him in with Justin Sensitive but with Justin being on developmental contract currently he obviously weren´t available so I decided to include Raphael here anyway. Cali Slick was another who had tag team going but I´m not particularly high on his tag partner because of him being extremely egoistical so again, I decided that Slick could well be included here as I would likely want to use him singles guy anyway. Acid II has been one of my favorites for a long time and is quite talented too so he just had to be included, El Diablo is another talented guy who I could see working well against any of the Flying Daredevils (Acid II could work well against them too). Kip Keenan is someone who I also had looked to include in a poll for some time now (had Flash been the one leading the face group, Keenan would certainly been one option as a member for that group) and while I think he´s work a bit better as a face, he does have very strong heel rating as well and scouts as strong everywhere, thus making him someone who I think is worth testing out. I actually haven´t used any of these guys in TEW2013 (can´t quite remember if I used some of them in earlier games) yet so no matter who is chosen I have someone new to try on. Oh, and in case someone wonders how on earth I haven´t used any of these guys or how I don´t really know how good they are, the reason is simply that this is just the second time (well actually 3rd but the 3rd one was a very short multiplayer game right after TEW2013 was released so I don´t remember much from that one) I play TEW2013 with the default database (I typically play a mod of some sort), the first time being my last diary so those who had read that one know exactly which guys I have been using before. :)

1) I´d like to add a tag team to be the midcard gatekeepers on the face side. Who could that tag team be?

The Hillbillys (Al The Hillbilly & Pete The Hillbilly)

Wiley Coyote (Wiley Steinway & Coyote Dynamite)

Air Attack Weasel

Dead Bolt

Hard-1

Jesus Chavez

Primal Rage

3) For the last heel jobber spot, I´m looking someone who could rise onto midcard status if needed (or even above in the very distant future). Who should that guy be?

Acid II

Cali Slick

El Diablo

Kip Keenan

Raphael

1 Wiley Coyote (Wiley Steinway & Coyote Dynamite)

2 The Hillbillys (Al The Hillbilly & Pete The Hillbilly)

3 The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton)

least seen, most interesting

Air Attack Weasel

Dead Bolt

Hard-1

Jesus Chavez

Primal Rage

1 Hard-1

2 Air Attack Weasel

3 Jesus Chavez

4 Dead Bolt

5 Primal Rage

I don't see enough of hard-1 or weasel in my opinion and thats why i rated them highly, jesus is probly going to take this though as he simply makes sense.

Acid II

Cali Slick

El Diablo

Kip Keenan

Raphael

1 El Diablo

2 Cali Slick

3 Acid II

4 Raphael

5 Kip Keenan

rated on usefulness and potential IMO this is the order i rank them, Cali and Acid were close for #2 but Cali's SQ pulled it for him, no bad choice here though as all have long term potential.

1 The Good Ol' Boys

2 Wiley Coyote

3 The Hillbillys

Air Attack Weasel

Dead Bolt

Hard-1

Jesus Chavez

Primal Rage

1 Jesus Chavez

2 Hard-1

3 Air Attack Weasel

4 Primal Rage

5 Dead Bolt

Acid II

Cali Slick

El Diablo

Kip Keenan

Raphael

1 El Diablo

2 Kip Keenan

3 Cali Sick

4 Acid II

5 Raphael

1 Wiley Coyote

2 The Good Ol' Boys

3 The Hillbillys

Of the three, all are one-dimensional, two are old and the third isn't likely to improve too much. Coyote Dynamite and Wiley Steinaway have the best basics of the bunch by far (Coyote especially can pull a decent grade if he's not 5+ years plus time decline), so that alone makes them my top pick. The Good Ol' Boys will probably never quite reach Dynamite/Steinaway levels of usefulness, but with the right destiny roll, they could come close one day. The Hillbillys are a clear #3.

Air Attack Weasel

Dead Bolt

Hard-1

Jesus Chavez

Primal Rage

1 Jesus Chavez

2 Air Attack Weasel

3 Hard-1

4 Primal Rage

5 Dead Bolt

Even without considering his relation with Velaquez, I consider Chavez the best of the uninspiring group. He has room to improve and decent psychology, plus he brings Menace to the table, which really helps in angles. Air Attack Weasel has solid basics, but doesn't have the upside of Chavez. Hard-1 is a great hardcore worker, but out of place in any other environment (and at that, best at passing along skills). Dead Bolt is one of the worst workers in the C-Verse, and Primal Rage isn't much better and both are close to Time Decline.

Acid II

Cali Slick

El Diablo

Kip Keenan

Raphael

1 Acid II

2 Raphael

3 Cali Slick

4 Kip Kennan

5 El Diablo

None of these guys are "bad" choices. Of the five, I think Acid II is the best pick as 1) he is the youngest by ~2 Years and 2) He is solid, and can improve, in just about every skill and 3) It is easy to turn around momentum by having a character unmasked -- so he has a "ticket" to the main event if need be. Raphael is the most ready of the five, and has the best basics, but he doesn't have the upside of Acid II. Cali Slick is a few months older than Raphael, has serious star quality -- but outside of average psychology, he is a one-dimensional brawler. Kip Kennan is uninspiring compared to the rest -- he's the oldest, has a low psychology rating, and his entertainment skills are middle of the pack. El Diablo is my #5, as Modern/Mainstream buries Luchadors and he doesn't start with any US Overness.

3 Wiley Coyote (Wiley Steinway & Coyote Dynamite)

There really is much to say about these three teams.

Air Attack Weasel

Dead Bolt

Hard-1

Jesus Chavez

Primal Rage

1 Jesus Chavez

2 Hard-1

3 Air Attack Weasel

4 Dead Bolt

5 Primal Rage

Shoot I wish there was an option to have Bolt and Rage tied for last place as they both stink so much.:D I think I have mentioned this before but I always picture Jesus as my version of Hernandez from TNA. I usually don't even bother with Hector. But you may end up having all three of them so you will have to use him.

One thing I will say is, and it is a bit off topic for this particular post, for some reason people on this site hate Rudy. When I pushed him as a singles wrestler in one of my old diaries people just did not like it. I am not sure why that is the case.

Acid II

Cali Slick

El Diablo

Kip Keenan

Raphael

1 Kip Keenan

2 Acid II

3 El Diablo

4 Cali Slick

5 Raphael

Raphael works better as a heel in my opinion

1 The Good Ol' Boys

2 The Hillbillys

3 Wiley Coyote

Air Attack Weasel

Dead Bolt

Hard-1

Jesus Chavez

Primal Rage

1 Air Attack Weasel

2 Jesus Chavez

3 Hard-1

4 Primal Rage

5 Dead Bolt

Acid II

Cali Slick

El Diablo

Kip Keenan

Raphael

1 Acid II

2 Raphael

3 Kip Keenan

4 El Diablo

5 Cali Slick

3 Wiley Coyote (Wiley Steinway & Coyote Dynamite)

Air Attack Weasel

Dead Bolt

Hard-1

Jesus Chavez

Primal Rage

1 Jesus Chavez

2 Air Attack Weasel

3 Hard-1

4 Primal Rage

5 Dead Bolt

Acid II

Cali Slick

El Diablo

Kip Keenan

Raphael

1 Cali Slick

2 El Diablo

3 Acid II

4 Kip Keenan

5 Raphael

Archived